Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pamela Bellwood

From closed DL thread 2013:

Why doesn't Pamela Bellwood get more respect?

In hindsight, she was the best actress on the show. She gave some very poignant performances, especially the first two seasons. When the show became an all-out campfest by seasons 4 and 5, you can tell that she still tried to inject some subtlety into her performances. She is the Constance McCashin of Dynasty...a very talented actress that everyone seems to have been forgotten next to her OTT co-stars. Where's the respect?

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2021 7:00 PM

why couldn't they have given her a more graceful exit? They should have written her out with some compassion and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 1August 31, 2015 11:02 PM

I was watching The Siege on YT last night and it struck me how much Bo Hopkins sounded so much like Larry from Larry, Darryl and Darryl.

by Anonymousreply 2August 31, 2015 11:07 PM

It's too bad her career dried up after Dynasty. Her and Linda Evans (for the most part) were the most grounded characters on the camp fest after the first season. I believe she defied Aaron Spelling by getting pregnant her last season and then they let her go by burning her up in the La Mirage fire. He should've never fired her. But by that time they were doing everything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3August 31, 2015 11:21 PM

She was my favorite one. A good actress but she didn't have the ability to do camp.

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2015 11:25 PM

Steven waffled back and forth so much it was annoying. Couldn't he have a fun boyfriend who would have allowed the character to loosen up and enjoy himself? He brooded ALL the time, it got stale.

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2015 11:46 PM

Isn't she a photographer as well. I think she took some great wildlife pictures way back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2015 11:47 PM

She did a spread in Playboy in 1983 and I can see why Steven got torn between her and Luke.

As the kids say, google it!

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2015 12:07 AM

Her tits. She was beautiful. This is the best photo I've seen of her. Somehow it doesn't look trashy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2015 12:12 AM

A playboy spread is usually the kiss of death

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2015 12:17 AM

Day-um!

And natural, too! How did she get those dark brown areolas?

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2015 12:19 AM

Would have loved to see an outtake of Jack Coleman titty-fucking Panels with his undoubtedly obscenely large manhood. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2015 12:24 AM

how do we know about his manhood? Any pics?

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2015 12:27 AM

She was on Murder She Wrote once, playing the woman who had it all: a husband, kids, and a career. But she also had ANOTHER husband in New York City, where she lived the life of a socialite, and her secret life played a part in that episode's murder. (The resident male town slut had made a move on her a few times, and threatened to tell everyone her secret if she didn't give him $50,000 to cover his gambling debts to some gangster. He ended up dead and her character, Vivian Proctor, was one of the suspects.)

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2015 12:27 AM

I don't know for sure, R12 but I have a strong suspicion and would love to confirm. Jack, if you're reading this, call me.

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2015 12:34 AM

thanks R14, I have a feeling you are right about things. I bet Blake also had a nice package.

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2015 1:03 AM

Claudia was a great character. Ms Bellwood always seemed to do the best she could with the scripts she was given. For me Dynasty was all over after that Moldavian crap fest.

Claudia and the doll on that rooftop was great TV.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2015 1:18 AM

What are you all smoking? She was a TERRIBLE actress. Just because you could see the effort doesn't mean it was good.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2015 1:21 AM

She studies with Sanford Meisner. Joan Collins studied at RADA. You could tell the trained ones from the untrained ones, not naming any names.

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2015 1:43 AM

[quote]She studies with Sanford Meisner. Joan Collins studied at RADA

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2015 1:04 PM

She was the most annoying, boring character on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2015 1:15 PM

They wrote her out in the worst way. But where was there to go with the character? They never seemed to know what to do with her. And they wasted the opportunity to have her confront Matthew.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2015 1:32 PM

She was an okay character, but she was no Sarah Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2015 4:41 PM

She oozed fragility from every pore -- even when playing villains and posing in Playboy.

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2015 5:03 PM

recent video, still looks the same.

more or less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2015 9:39 PM

Her character should've exited when Bo Hopkins left. Having her linger around and then marry Steven was ridiculous. Her daughter disappeared too. The killer thing about her storyline was she was insane, but everyone acted like THAT never happened! She was little touched and they let it go. I can't believe Crystal was OK with her being at the house. Didn't she try to kill her?

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2015 9:54 PM

Yeah they should have gone full nutzo with here. But if you had to be written out what a way to go. It's pretty much the most memorable scene from the whole series.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2015 10:01 PM

Pammy was quite the prankster, used to leave floaters in my dressing room terlet bowl, a la Bea Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2015 3:47 AM

is this Joan's real hair? (not a wig!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2015 4:33 AM

Pamela and Linda were the best actresses, if you call speaking in soft voices "good acting".

Honestly, I think Pamela Sue Martin was a fine actress, too.

Linda was really good at displaying honest emotion, but as dumb as the storyline was, I'm actually impressed by her performance as Rita Leslie, it's quite a contrast to Krystle. She actually shows some range.

Oh, Krystle never tried to kill Claudia, they were fighting over a gun. Krystle thought that Claudia was going to kill herself, but Claudia was actually planning on killing Cecil Colby. She blamed him for her daughter's death because he was withholding information from her about her whereabouts.

I really didn't like how they turned Claudia into an entitled bitch during her last season, and I didn't like that she got together with Adam, especially after he had raped Kirby earlier, and what an asshole he had always been to Steven.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2015 4:55 AM

Of course, the BEST actresses on "Dynasty" were its Oscar nominees, Ali MacGraw and Diahann Carroll.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2015 4:58 AM

This scene is so camptastic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2015 5:44 AM

[quote] She studies with Sanford Meisner

All you ever needed to study with Meisner was enough cash in your bank account to cover his weekly checks.

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2015 5:49 AM

I think Pammy is rather over-the-top here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2015 5:52 AM

I actually thought Linda was great in the first season. The first season may be Alexis-free but I liked what they were going for. The writing and acting was so much better when they were not pushing the camp level.

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2015 1:44 PM

I agree, R34, the first season was very grounded. The contrast between the upper class and middle class, the depiction of a homosexual character finding his identity, etc. And Pamela Sud Martin was the icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 35September 3, 2015 1:15 AM

The couple who created and wrote it seemed like the were tossed aside? Or only their original premise?

by Anonymousreply 36September 3, 2015 1:20 AM

Here is Pamela going wild in a fur shop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 3, 2015 1:37 AM

You know, as bad as Sammy Jo was, at least she never stooped to marrying Adam. That's the one thing I couldn't forgive Claudia for.

by Anonymousreply 38September 3, 2015 1:41 AM

Here is an Australian interview she did in March. It’s hard to believe the show is 40 years old!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2021 4:55 AM

Bellwood was easily the most unattractive femme on Dynasty. Who really could give a crap about her acting when just looking at her goofy puss was so disturbing. I am thinking this joke of a thread is yes, a joke.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2021 5:05 AM

All the have-nots characters on the primetime soaps seemed to eventually become haves and it corrupted them. Claudia became corrupted from being around the Carringtons. The Giobertis became more and more corrupted the longer they were at Falcon Crest. And, once Cliff Barnes got money, due to his mother, it slowly destroyed him until in the sequel series he became worse than JR ever was. The middle class characters of Knots Landing weren't as bad, but other than Karen, they did seem to be corrupted from being around a Ewing and Greg Sumner's money, at least somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 5:21 AM

IMO what made the show poignant was how the family treated her. She was only accepted when she was Stephen's beard. When Stephen dated Luke Fuller (Bruce Campell) she was the help, running La Mirage for them. A position that Prince Michael (Michael Praed) takes over after the family is done with Claudia.

Blake crushed Claudia's dreams to become financially independent when he refuses to relinquish oilfield rights to her that previously belonged to her dead husband, but then it turns out the oil field is worthless and not really worth picking a fight with Blake. The marriage with Adam fell through pretty quickly, too. That's when she got her emotional breakdown, lightning all these candles representing all the liars in her life.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2021 5:24 AM

I've never seen Dynasty, but I know she was in an 80s Agatha Christie TV-movie, Sparkling Cyanide, that they used to play on TV here in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2021 5:54 AM

Why did she leave Dynasty and why did she stop acting?

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2021 6:07 AM

Pamela Bellwood (born Pamela Anne King; June 26, 1951), 69, is an American actress best known for her role as Claudia Blaisdel Carrington on the 1980s prime time soap opera, Dynasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2021 6:16 AM

The Dynasty gang

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2021 6:18 AM

Because she was always "forgetting" to wear a bra in her scenes. Those dark brown areolas we're just bubbling under the surface, even in the opening credits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2021 6:30 AM

R44 sounds like ‘dynasty’ was a grind and mace a few of them lose their passion for acting. Other than Joan Collins and Heather locklear it seems most of the cast just disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2021 6:32 AM

Also I remember what Eva Marie saint said once in an interview. The reason she continued to act after having children was that her husband was a writer so in the business too; had she married a lawyer or a doctor she probably would have given up to raise a family and left acting behind. I imagine it’s not that difficult to walk away from especially these series thar film long hours in some warehouse someplace

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2021 6:37 AM

What do people like Bellwood do if they don’t act so much anymore. I mean granted she could have married some wealthy guy for all I know, but an actress of her level who is no longer getting regular work, did she make a lot of money- enough to be choosy after ‘dynasty’? Do they get regular jobs?

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2021 4:24 AM

I see to recall Claudia marrying half the male characters by the time she was written off. And her acting became drearier and drearier the crazier her character became. After Claudia died in the La Mirage fire, the 'a letter Claudia left behind that began "Do not mourn for me . . . " And they sure didn't! Thanks a lot and out with the garbage!

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2021 4:33 AM

^^ Sorry, part of my post disappeared. ^^

After Claudia died in the La Mirage fire, the writers didn't even give her a funeral or burial scene. Instead, someone (Krystle?) produced a letter that Claudia had left behind that began, "Do not mourn for me . . . " And they sure didn't! Thanks a lot and out with the garbage!

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2021 4:36 AM

Sometimes her acting reminded me a bit of Sandy Dennis. She had a similar neuroticism and also that accent of hers.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2021 4:48 AM

[quote] In hindsight, she was the best actress on the show.

Well, that's setting the bar high!

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2021 5:25 AM

I'm surprised by the amount of affection for Pamela Bellwood on DYNASTY. Both as written and as performed, Claudia was intensely annoying from the get-go and only became more so as the series wore on. I yearned to slap her silly throughout; her final transformation into Steven's supercunt bride was the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2021 5:51 AM

R55 I loved Claudia and her breakdowns!

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2021 9:21 AM

Claudia always seemed drugged, and in need of a hard slap.

I preferred my crazy in the form of Emma from Falcon Crest. That bitch was bonkers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2021 1:59 PM

One of my favorite scenes in Dynasty was the Claudia/Sammy Jo triple slapathon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2021 3:19 PM

R57 the best "nighttime soap crazy bitch" was Dr. Kimberly Shaw on Melrose Place

That bitch scared the shit out of us!

Both Claudia from Dynasty and Kimberly from Melrose also went head to head with Heather Locklear over their men

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2021 7:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!