Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Craigslist étiquette

Im sick of pushy assholes who play like they dont know how the pic trade works for craigslist. Everyone knows the poster doesnt put an ad up for every random faggot in the world to then demand to see pics on the fist reply. The person who replies sends his pic of whatever he wants to see and the poster matches it in kind. Why would someone post an ad to get hundreds of demands to send his pictures unilaterally to unnamed resopnders. you dont post an ad as an application to the world... if you like the ad, you respond just like in a job. you are responding to an ad so gear up and supply the info or move along.

And dont get me started on asians and their phobia about face pics.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 6:17 PM

Time to grow up, faggot.

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2015 2:23 AM

I have always found the fist reply...painful.

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2015 2:44 AM

Well Op is obviously a skank.

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2015 3:57 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2015 4:00 AM

Well, Mrs. Emily Post, we thought you were dead!

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2015 5:02 AM

I've posted and responded to ads before but never actually hooked up with anyone from Craigslist, and it's too late now (both for Craigslist's personals section and for my looks.) What was the probability of the spider actually catching a fly when it was up?

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 1:53 AM

r6 Why do you keep doing this, and why is it always a thread from 2015?

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 2:18 AM

Muriel, can you put the date of the original post just above the date of the most recent post on the /thread screen?

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 2:26 AM

CL used to be great for finding NSA sex with someone. You could put out exactly what you were looking for upfront.

Lots of hot bi/"straight" types too who actually would come through.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 2:33 AM

R9 why do you think they liked CL better than grindr or whatever it is you hoes use now?

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 5:01 AM

Craigslist was better, R10. You had a whole different pool of guys on Craigslist that would never be on those other sites.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 2:06 PM

I forgot about craigslist. Is it back up? Do people still connect? I thought they had to shut down. I loved reading the hook up section.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2020 2:53 PM

étiquette?

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote][R9] why do you think they liked CL better than grindr or whatever it is you hoes use now?

I would assume because it offered the anonymous email system which was great for bi/married/str8 types. Though to be honest I sometimes got guys who maybe weren't too tech savvy (and not Boomers!) who ended up revealing what seemed like their real names.

But really you could set up quick email at gmail or yahoo and then use that for CL's anonymous system and your wife or gf would never know.

Apps make you 1) dl the app 2) provide some type of ID esp if you're going to pay with a credit card etc..

Way more steps to take and more easily found by the sig other

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 5:38 PM

R7 It's done to crowd out more recent - and to the five-years-later-thread-bumper less desirable - posts they want to see hidden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!