Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ann Coulter says Alison Parker Father Should NOT Be Allowed To Speak Out On Gun Violence

To speak out using the fact he lost a daughter. This is the left’s doctrine of infallibility. If they have a point to make about gun violence, how about sending in somebody we are allowed to respond to. No. No. No. We have to respond to someone who had a family member die. Because then if we respond, oh you are questioning their authenticity.

Don’t use the fact that you lost a daughter as the basis for being able to talk about, while preventing people from responding. Let Obama make the point. Let Bill Clinton make the point. Don’t put up someone I am not allowed to respond to without questioning the authenticity of their grief.

That is the point of liberal infallibility. Of putting up Trayvon Martin's mother, of putting out these 9-11 widows, of putting out Sandy Hook parents. No, no, no. You can’t respond. It’s their doctrine of infallibility. Have someone else make the argument then.

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2020 5:04 PM

And why Kathryne Steinle's family also should not be allowed to speak out on immigration, no?

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2015 11:47 PM

Did I miss something? The 9/11 widows are exclusive property of the GOP 'Murika Machine.

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2015 11:56 PM

Anyone should be allowed to speak on any subject they want to speak on. Free speech and all.

However, losing a relative doesn't necessarily mean their opinion carries any more weight than anyone else's. Which is also free speech.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2015 11:57 PM

Who is Ann Coulter?

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2015 12:01 AM

Why the long face Ann?

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2015 12:10 AM

Where's Bryce Williams when you REALLY need him?

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2015 12:12 AM

OP = F&F

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2015 12:19 AM

Many liberals are as grossed out as anyone when mothers of dead gentle giants speak out through Al Sharpton and the cival lawsuit operators.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2015 12:19 AM

civil

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2015 12:20 AM

Ann coulter need to put a gun in her own mouth

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2015 12:22 AM

R7 what is the problem?

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2015 12:23 AM

Ann Coulter makes millions of dollars by exploiting other people's tragedies. She targets victims, publicly attacks and harrasses them. She is a next level troll.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2015 12:33 AM

I should have sodomised her at Cornell when she begged me to.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2015 12:37 AM

You are disgusting, OP. It's you who can't face the reality. Thanks to guns, the US has more than one mass shooting each and every day. You hate being faced with the grief that your evil gun fetish causes.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2015 12:39 AM

Translation: Ann wants to argue with Obama and Bill Clinton because she's a troll. She can't counter Alison's father's argument, because Alison *is* the fucking argument. Her tragedy is the natural consequence of this country's fucked up gun laws and gun culture. Ann knows all of that. She knows she has no counter-argument, nor is she really interested in this debate, or any debate, particularly. She just wants to go on TV and troll.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2015 12:41 AM

R14 you realize this Ann Coulter saying this and NOT the OP

Correct?

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2015 12:42 AM

For all we know Ann Counter IS the OP, R16!

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2015 12:43 AM

Ann Coulter is a nobody. Threads about her should be banned, as well as OP for being a Repuke. Only a Repuke would dare start such a stupid poll giving credence to what this cretin has to say.

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2015 12:45 AM

R18 u realize this is a DISCUSSION board?

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2015 12:46 AM

Who on earth would take any advice from Ann Coulter?

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2015 1:02 AM

Well, Ann is something of an expert at exploiting tragedy. This is the same Ann Coulter who used the death of her friend on 9/11 as cover for her demand that we "invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2015 1:08 AM

Ann Coulter has said this because she's desperate for attention. Also, water is wet and people breathe air.

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2015 1:28 AM

Ann, you're afraid of pies, why do you love guns so much?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2015 1:42 AM

He should be able to do whatever he needs to do to assuage his grief and get him through this. But I don't believe for a minute that gun laws would have stopped this or other shooting episodes such as this one. There are so many gun laws already in effect which are not strictly enforced. Potential criminals will always get their guns. Making the laws tougher reminds me of the Draconian War on Drugs and its efficacy. You don't reduce the demand for something which people want badly by making that thing harder to obtain. You should instead question why so very many people desire guns/drugs and go from there. MOST of the shootings are done by mentally ill people. We need to focus on that problem first.

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2015 2:11 AM

Um hm but in the mean time its really really really easy for the mentally insane to obtain guns.

by Anonymousreply 25August 28, 2015 2:54 AM

Reasoning by analogy is bad for you R24. Nobody is physically addicted to guns. Guns need to be manufactured in factories, drugs can be made from growing plants or a few simple chemical steps in a hotel bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 26August 28, 2015 7:36 AM

Yeah, Vester missed an opportunity. With all the bitches acting like hooligans lately (And, yes, I'm looking at you, Trump) and he chooses those people. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 27August 28, 2015 7:40 AM

R24 doesn't make any sense

by Anonymousreply 28August 28, 2015 12:27 PM

In 1991, Oprah Winfrey invited a spokesman from Dow Corning, against which the anti-breast-implant mob had already begun to file the thousands of lawsuits that were to drive the company into bankruptcy just a few years later. What Oprah did not tell the spokesman was that the entire audience had been packed with women who had gotten breast implants, gotten breast cancer, and believed with the fervor of the mad that the one caused the other.

This was the first time I encountered what, fifteen years later, Ann Coulter would call "the Left's doctrine of infallibility," "using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding."

The premise of these Oprah women was that, since they suffered from a terrible disease, therefore any pronouncement they made about its cause was not open to argument.

It made no difference what the Dow spokesman said; they could not care less about the scientific evidence he cited. He noted, as his basic point, that if silicone breast implants were in any way implicated in breast cancer, then the rate of such cancer among women who had silicone breast implants would necessarily have to be higher than among women who did not have them.

Any rational human being should be able to understand that much. You don't need a PhD in oncological research. If smoking is implicated in lung cancer, then smokers should have a higher rate of lung cancer than non-smokers... and by golly, they do; much higher. That is why no serious medical researcher in the last forty years has disputed the point: the statistical argument is unanswerable.

Curiously, however, women with silicone breast implants have an identical rate of breast cancer as women who have saline implants or women with no implants at all. There is no difference; a hundred studies have shown this, and not a single one has shown the opposite. This is almost irrefutable evidence that there is no connection.

When the Dow guy brought this out, the women responded by booing. One leapt to her feet and shouted, "nobody ever studied me! Why don't you study me?" And the mass cheered in response, just as they might have cheered a coherent argument.

Then, in a surreal display that brought to mind Franz Kafka (or George Orwell), they actually rose in near unison and began chanting "we are the evidence, we are the evidence!" Whenever the Dow spokesman tried to speak, he was shouted down. He was accused of not caring about them. Women stood and burst into tears, accused him of "harassment" because he dared to defend Dow Corning's product.

Thus the infallibility of grief in action: these women suffered a tragic loss -- and that immunizes their every pronouncement from response.

by Anonymousreply 29August 28, 2015 12:33 PM

Ann Coulter never heard of fucking free speech? She don't get to decide what people are allowed to do or say.

On a side note, I've read several stories about Ann Coulter and she's basically portrayed as the ultimate fag hag and that gay men shower her with love and attention. The writer even claims that even the gays who criticize would surround her if he bought her into some gay bar. This begs the question, how shallow are gay men?

by Anonymousreply 30August 28, 2015 12:52 PM

Bullshit, this bitch insulted Trayvon Martin's mother, Sandy Hook parents and launched her career making offensive comments about 9/11 widows. When has she EVER held her tongue in the face of a grieving parent?

by Anonymousreply 31August 28, 2015 1:05 PM

R31 she did. One of the 9/11 widows confronted her at a book signing handing her a letter

Ann RIPPED IT UP in front of her face!

by Anonymousreply 32August 28, 2015 1:23 PM

R15 is absolutely right. Coulter has always been a troll and that's why she doesn't want to confront the actual victims of the USA's gun insanity.

R29, I see your point but don't think it really applies in the case of guns. If anything, the sane evidence is more on the left's side on this debate, but I fear it's too late given the plethora of guns out there. But I know what you're talking about regarding the breast implants. I remember when 60 Minutes, 20/20, and other TV news magazines ran stories on this. The science eventually won out in court and the crazy breast implant accusers lost their cases right and left, and I don't remember the news magazines every covering how the science disproved the claims. Notice no one ever mentions breast implants anymore as causing injury? The plaintiffs' lawyers found new things to make hay out of when they realized the breast implant lawsuits were losers. But for a while, the rabid cries of the so-called victims helped them win money from gullible juries.

by Anonymousreply 33August 28, 2015 3:34 PM

R29, there is nothing particularly "leftist" about that mentality. You find it across the political spectrum. The so-called right to life groups love to trot out women who regret their abortions as if that' s irrefutable evidence the procedure should be illegal. Warmongers talk a good game about "supporting the troops!" to shut down any criticism of the military. The anti-vaxxers who exploit disabled children to justify their bullshit run the gamut from religious fundamentalists to earthy granola types. And so on. Not to mention Coulter and her ilk are just as guilty of this behavior that she criticizes. That's why the wingnuts scream about dead Americans when BENGHAZI!!1!! comes up, or the new campaign to highlight violent crimes committed by undocumented people. You know, because people would so much rather be raped or murdered by a true blue red-blooded US citizen.

by Anonymousreply 34August 28, 2015 3:57 PM

I loved the wingnuts who were trying to criticize Obama for the drone strikes that killed "unindicted American citizens". Those American citizens who were brown, Muslim and training in terrorist camps. Yeah, they really give a shit about those brown folks over there. Fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 35August 28, 2015 4:02 PM

It's ironic that Coulter thinks someone's free speech should be curtailed considering how she constantly brays about free speech for conservatives.

Coulter is one of these people who makes inflammatory statements specifically to get attention and a visceral reaction, and then turns around and complains when she get that reaction.

by Anonymousreply 36August 28, 2015 4:08 PM

On Wednesday night, Parker’s father, Andy Parker, told Fox News he would do “whatever it takes to get gun legislation … to shame people, to shame legislators into doing something about closing loopholes in background checks and making sure crazy people don’t get guns”.

“Mark my words,” Parker said. “I’m going to do something ... This is not the last you’ve heard from me, this is something that is Alison’s legacy that I want to make happen.”

Good Luck as the NRA has made this impossible.

by Anonymousreply 37August 28, 2015 8:09 PM

Father Of Murdered Journalist Blasts NRA, Promises Tireless Fight For Gun Control

He has been everywhere on every news program

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 30, 2015 12:59 AM

The bottom line is that crazy people can get guns as easily as ice cream. Who the hell NEEDS a semi automatic rifle? Are the deer arming on the sly? Should we be aiming drone attacks at wascally wabbits?

Tighter gun laws wouldn't stop murder outright but it would throw impediments in the way and that's not a bad thing. The NRA can't seem to understand there are just some people who should never have access to weapons. Ann Coulter is just another attention whore who will say any heinous thing, attack any grieving person, to ensure five minutes of coverage. She's a deeply despicable human being. The best cure for her is to remove the oxygen of publicity.

by Anonymousreply 39August 30, 2015 2:06 AM

Americans will change their stupid, stupid gun laws only if the following events take place, all of them terrible.

1. Mass shooting of politicians.

2. Mumbai-style Islamist terrorist attack killing hundreds.

3. Trend of live streaming mass shootings as they happen, like the Virginia shooting.

I hope none of this comes to pass, obviously. For (1) and (2), guns will suddenly become a bigger threat to the government than the gun lobby. For (3) the American people will actually see the reality of what happens when people are hit in the head with a bullet. Americans cannot bear much reality.

by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2015 12:33 AM

Threads like these were made for the "ignore" button.

[bold]BYE FELICIA.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2015 12:50 AM

NRA host tells parents of murdered Virginia journalists not to "become so emotional"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2015 12:48 PM

this post is more topical than ever before

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2015 6:45 PM

I had to hunt this down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2015 6:49 PM

Heheheheh.

The poll is 93% in favor of allowing Alison Parker's father and the relatives of victims to speak.

Fuck you, Coultergeist.

She's always such a slimy little opportunist. Any tragedy is her soapbox to troll the nation with *look at how OUTRAGEOUS I am* columns or whatever she writes these days. Does any reputable newspaper, magazine or website even take her columns anymore? I can't think of one but then I don't read trash so she may be there.

by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2015 6:57 PM

This has NOTHING to do with ANY SORT of promotion of my large collection of FINE BOOKS, which include my latest, "ADIOS, AMERICA".

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2015 6:57 PM

coulter would find fault in jesus himself. time to put this nag out to pasture

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2015 7:37 PM

Jessy Ares should likewise be allowed to Speak Out on Gun Violence

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2015 7:38 PM

Ann is a gay icon.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2020 4:37 AM

Fucking troll shit loser bumping an old thread. Get COVID-19, cunt

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2020 5:04 AM

that's a name i haven't heard in a while

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2020 5:19 AM

R51 She's still fabulous and she still wants a wall!

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2020 6:02 AM

In what possible constitutional way could he forbidden from doing so? uh, the last time I checked, we had a little thing called

[bold]THE FIRST AMENDMENT[/bold]

in this country, Little Miss Human Praying Mantis.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2020 6:13 AM

R53 What she is saying is if this person wants to give his opinion, then nobody should be saying, "his daughter just died, you meanie pants" when someone has the audacity to respond to him.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2020 6:15 AM

Anne Counter needs to be dead.

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2020 6:16 AM

R49/52 thinks gays should have really low standards and worship a racist, hateful moron who can't even read a basic chart:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2020 6:16 AM

You can worship who you want R56, I'll choose the Build a Wall Barbie with the great hair.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2020 6:23 AM

R57, your trolling has already gotten boring.

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2020 6:25 AM

Didn't Alison Parker's father molest her in her childhood, causing her to have terrible trauma, which culminated in her running out of her wedding with Billy Campbell? Of course, Amanda was just waiting for the opportunity o swoop in and use her absence to her advantage, whilst Billy ultimately got fed up with Alison's baggage.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2020 8:21 AM

The irony is that Ann and the NRA try to force some sort of decorum etiquette on the opposing side that would be detrimental if applied to their own side.

If you are supposed to be completely detached from (current) personal experiences and emotions why the need for guns in the first place? Out of fear? *buzzing sound* Not allowed to let your emotions be part of this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2020 10:02 AM

In Annhole's world only Nazis and white nationalists have the right of free speech.

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2020 10:36 AM

This is an imbecile who said RFK was the first victim of Islamic terrorism. She's such a racist, bigoted fucking idiot and a "Christian" that it doesn't occur to her that the literal birthplace of Jesus Christ wouldn't have the very first Christians be people like Sirhan Sirhan.

Is there any doubt that imitation cheese Christians like her would reject Jesus if she actually saw him?

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2020 5:04 PM

would* have

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2020 5:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!