Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My trainer won't touch me

I had my 2nd session today, and he wanted me to stretch at the end. He got 2 towels so he could hold my arms back without touching my skin. Then, he threw the towels in the bin & put on instant hand sanitizer. I was just about to say "uh - I don't have staph..." but then he started talking.

My friend knows him & said he's a little weird - but he used to be an EMT. Every personal trainer I've ever interacted with gets right up in my business - sweaty or not. Have I already turned into a vulgar, untouchable, monstrosity by 34? He is ~ 40.

I know nobody will "know" but all theories (including DL bitchery ) are welcome. He's gay too btw...my friend knows him vaguely.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2018 10:12 PM

Just sounds odd to me. I quit my trainer about ten months ago (finance change).

He was never that way ............and even offered to stretch me out and massage me (neck, shoulders, etc) after a workout

by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2015 2:11 AM

It could be something about the trainer. He may be protecting you. You could just ask him why he uses towels. Is it at a public gym?

by Anonymousreply 2August 25, 2015 2:11 AM

Maybe he's a clumsy bum-wiper and was protecting you from his poopy hands.

by Anonymousreply 3August 25, 2015 2:17 AM

It is a little weird to be that particular, but it's actually pretty smart for avoiding catching anything ( and i mean cold and flu type things here). The gym is generally the most germ ridden place the average person visits on a given day. I have become a lot more conscious of that myself and more diligent about sanitizer etc and strict rule not to touch my face with my hands in the gym. I've noticed with these changes in routines I've gone down from 2 or 3 colds a year to maybe one now every year and half. Now i'd be disappointed too if the trainer didn't help stretch me out after. That was always my fav part when i've used a trainer.

by Anonymousreply 4August 25, 2015 2:17 AM

Maybe you have some boils you haven't noticed?

by Anonymousreply 5August 25, 2015 2:17 AM

I don't blame him if your arms were sweaty.

by Anonymousreply 6August 25, 2015 2:23 AM

You should buy him some disposable latex gloves

by Anonymousreply 7August 25, 2015 2:23 AM

LOL r3. At first I read that as "cum slut". I was thinking of some kind of germ issue - given what has gone on in locker rooms with staph, but there has to be some kind of entry point on one of the people usually. Staph also has very clear signs to people who are informed. It was literally just my elbow...the rest of the time, he did touch me when it was my clothes. (I just checked my elbows for boils...they're dry - but no boils).

I sometimes watch "Botched", and the doctors are always touching the patients without gloves during exams. They were once asked about this on WWHL (I know - everyone's favorite show on DL) and they said in the plastic surgery context with healthy people & no incisions, there are few pathogens to be worried about realistically.

It's kind of an expensive gym (I just joined...it seems overpriced). I used to go to Equinox & it was nicer there. They also were very hands on in the stretching situations. I'm gonna just ask him if he does it again.

My arms really weren't that sweaty....my face was. I will bring him white cotton gloves, actually... I think...

by Anonymousreply 8August 25, 2015 2:25 AM

Consider yourself a member of the great unwashed.

by Anonymousreply 9August 25, 2015 2:39 AM

OCD?

by Anonymousreply 10August 25, 2015 2:49 AM

A lesson learned, OP ............ if you'd asked for a trial workout to see his style before 'hiring him' , you might've seen this and moved on.

Of course, you can still end the training sessions for any reason if you are uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 11August 25, 2015 2:58 AM

this is the trial. 3 sessions... the last one is coming up.

he won't fuck me either - so we are done.

by Anonymousreply 12August 25, 2015 3:00 AM

LOL@12. I always hated they won't fuck you. I did have one ( who was actually the best trainer i've ever had for results) who did fuck his female clients. That was pretty well known. No luck for us dudes though and the dude was hung too that he wasn't shy about folks knowing. But he wasn't one of those homophobic gym rates..just dick obviously wasn't his thing other than his own.

by Anonymousreply 13August 25, 2015 3:05 AM

R12/OP, what kind of relationship you usually have with your trainers? How big part of the deal is that you get sexually something out of it?

by Anonymousreply 14August 25, 2015 3:06 AM

I think he was joking R14. Most of wish at some point with a good looking trainer that sex came with the deal..even if only in our fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 15August 25, 2015 3:08 AM

I was just exaggerating since he won't even touch my elbow. I never had sex with a trainer. I never had a gay one though.

by Anonymousreply 16August 25, 2015 3:18 AM

"Toucha toucha touch me. I wanna feel di-ih-ir-rty."

by Anonymousreply 17August 25, 2015 12:05 PM

How old are you OP? If you're older than 30, you're untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 18August 25, 2015 12:19 PM

Seriously, OP? Need you ask?

by Anonymousreply 19August 25, 2015 12:19 PM

Come now Mr. Travolta, we agreed there'd be no direct touching, or double entendres about Grease.

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2015 12:39 PM

r13, you sound pitiful, dude

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2015 1:06 PM

OP, were you wearing your assless chaps in public again? Your pimply ass probably grossed him out.

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2015 2:13 PM

I said my age R18. read my post u dumb hooka! yes, i am over 30 - so gay dead (even though i had sex with a ton of guys last year @ 33) ... he's 40 tho...i think. So we're both dead. He likes blonde twinks though...so... not me - at all. Still, my elbows bitch, really?

R22 I do not have pimples on my ass. a fresh layer of cum a few times a week keeps it moist and clean. (actually - to be honest, facias have made be break out before - and one gave me the worst pink eye). But i don't have pimples on my ass.

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2015 2:27 PM

OP, you sound quite oversensitive.

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2015 5:23 PM

I get made fun of at my gym constantly because I bring a large towel with me to put over the benches because I'm concerned about staph. I take it with good humor and always laugh along, but I'll be damned if I let it intimidate me into getting some flesh eating bacterial disease.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2015 5:36 PM

Asscne is a killer, OP. Are you sure he didn't spot some dermatitis on your crotchetal regions? Are ya scabby?

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2015 5:38 PM

Is he relatively new at what he's doing? Don't go by his age - personal trainers often come to the profession late in life. I'm a (lesbian) personal trainer and I was certified at 37 - and I was one of the younger people in my certification course.

We're taught to make as little contact with our clients as possible, by the way. Obviously a lot of people disregard this, but it's to avoid anyone misunderstanding what you're doing and some people really don't like to be touched by people they don't know well. I always ask first, especially with newer clients. But the towels thing does seem pretty strange to me. If he's making you uncomfortable, he's likely not the right trainer for you.

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2015 5:42 PM

I think he said about 4 years R27. That's interesting you are taught to make little contact. I never knew that. I don't like someone's sweaty paws all over me in some bear hug (well, not at the gym) - but on my elbows or whatever, who cares? Also, I had the same trainer for about 7 years on and off - and he was very hands on. He came from a PT background, and they have to be hands-on by nature. He went back to PT only again so I don't see him anymore.

The towels is 1 thing - but the towels + hand sanitizer was like...what?

R25 - you can also wash with hibiclens if you are truly that concerned about it. Those things are so rare, but they're more common in the locker room where there is more humidity and touching of certain sweaty body parts to the same benches or locker surfaces without cleaning. It just depends how clean the gym is. I think equinox is spotless. This place...eh.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2015 5:51 PM

Yes, we're taught to avoid touching the client whenever possible - but the towels and hand sanitizer combo is his own personal weirdness. Sorry! You can try asking him about it?

by Anonymousreply 29August 25, 2015 5:52 PM

Ask him, talk to him, just casually.

by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2015 5:55 PM

Yeah, if it happens next time, I'm gonna just joke that I don't have scabies or similar... and see what he says. I am on a month-to-month plan & in general, this gym isn't for me. It's kind of a mess, in general... it's laid out bad so even when it's not crowded, it feels crowded. The machines kind of suck. The yelp reviews were right, but it was so damn close to my place - I figured I'd give it a shot. I miss equinox - but it's not in my new neighborhood and it's $60/mo more.

by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2015 6:03 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2015 6:09 PM

[quote]Ask him, talk to him, just casually

I wouldn't bother. This is a trial, if you aren't happy with his training style then you learned what you need to, and that is that.

I actually had the opposite problem once. A trainer who was super touchy feely. I didn't mind, except he was hot and it would get me too horned up. I swear I was in heat after every session and that just didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2015 6:16 PM

OP, he saw you taking it raw from a dozen guys at the baths and he's afraid of an STD.

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2015 6:26 PM

I wouldn't ask him. I would just find a new trainer if it bothers you.

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2015 6:32 PM

I find this whole subject annoying. It's about the pussification of gyms. I joined one for a short time and it was infested with frauen. Hand sanitizer stations throughout that the frauen pump with a vengeance after every 2 reps. A "no grunting" rule in the heavy weight room.

I'm looking for a men's gym. With real men who go there. MEN

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2015 6:45 PM

Is that Planet Fitness R36?

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2015 6:50 PM

[quote]OP, he saw you taking it raw from a dozen guys at the baths and he's afraid of an STD.

No. I never uploaded that.

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2015 6:50 PM

Oh - at the BATHS... yes... I can't read when I get so many loads in my brown eye.

by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2015 6:51 PM

He probably doesn't want to get glitter on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2015 7:51 PM

[quote]A "no grunting" rule in the heavy weight room.

Wtf?!?!? What a bizarre rule!

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2015 7:04 AM

OP is cracking me up.

[quote]I wouldn't bother. This is a trial, if you aren't happy with his training style then you learned what you need to, and that is that.

I agree with this. Listen to your instincts.

I get why a lot of gyms have no-grunting policies. The broskis who shriek dramatically after every rep are goddamn annoying.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2015 6:03 PM

Why would a gym have a "no grunting" rule?

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2015 6:07 PM

Because of the broskis shrieking dramatically after every rep, R43. Normal grunts don't bother me, but some of those dudes are obnoxious attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2015 6:24 PM

Mine has a "try not to drop the weights loudly, it is unsafe and there is a studio below you" rule. I'm actually used to this because my old building had a gym on the top floor (with condos below)...so that situation made sense. However, a "real" gym shouldn't try to require its members not to drop weights... unless it's truly bad form (I don't know ). I thought it was a good thing bc it lets you max out.

People tend not to grunt where I go because of the layout - and it's so stupid looking...everyone in the entire weight room would be like... dude...seriously...wtf. It's one thing to say "arghh" when you're doing your last rep (kind of like bottoming for girthy men) - but crazy yelling doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2015 6:36 PM

I feel your pain, OP. My personal trainer might as well come out wearing a hazmat suit.

by Anonymousreply 46August 26, 2015 6:41 PM

Oh Cheryl. I'm glad we can commiserate. Just please never use the the adductor machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 26, 2015 6:43 PM

Meanwhile Samantha Fox's Touch Me plays in the background.

by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2015 9:31 PM

Here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 27, 2015 1:00 AM

So, here's an update

He's pretty germaphobic. I didn't even say anything about it. He was just talking...he wiped down one bench after I used it, and he said something about how nobody wipes things down like they should - and one time, another member got mad at him for wiping something down because the chemical leaves the bench wet for 2 min. He was talking about how people had hand foot and mouth disease in the club last year....and how there are more germs than ever, etc...so he washes his body w/ antibacterial soap every time he gets home.

Jock itch and athletes foot can be disgusting and hard to get rid of, but you have to share a towel or walk into an infected site for those to really stick to you (and antibacterials can make those worse since they are fungal). I really don't think touching elbows would be sufficient but, germaphobes are reasonably understandable.

by Anonymousreply 50August 31, 2015 10:42 PM

He must be are a real joy to have sex with being such a germaphobic. Bet he doesn't do oral sex at all. I dated someone like that VERY briefly and the sex just wasn't even worth bothering with with him. He wouldn't even touch your dick without a condom on. It was all rather ridiculous. Very attractive guy but you could only be with him if sex really wasn't so much your thing.

by Anonymousreply 51August 31, 2015 10:49 PM

Gym bottoms are the worst. Maybe he thinks fat is a virus.

by Anonymousreply 52August 31, 2015 11:24 PM

Entitlement

by Anonymousreply 53September 1, 2015 1:42 AM

Hehe

by Anonymousreply 54August 2, 2017 2:21 AM

Even a straight woman can be a skank. And be a crying fool over miscarriages

by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2017 2:43 AM

Cause Vincent's mama was a skankin ho

by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2017 3:04 AM

OP, you need to stop being so self-righteous.

YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU'RE CARRYING STAPH BACTERIA when you look and feel healthy. It's invisible and you could easily have picked up staph that very day from some part of the gym without any signs of infection yet.

Not to mention the other dozens of diseases people can have.

Stop taking it personally -- nobody HAS to accept your sweat on their body.

I believe you have a crush on the trainer and he isn't reciprocating.

So you're the Woman Scorned.

by Anonymousreply 57August 2, 2017 6:48 PM

This thread is 2 years old. I'm am sure that OP has passed away from his boils by now.

by Anonymousreply 58August 2, 2017 6:51 PM

Oh wow

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2017 7:55 PM

"Have I turned into a monstrosity?"

Yes, you have.

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2017 8:03 PM

Why did R54 bump this thread?

by Anonymousreply 61August 2, 2017 8:10 PM

Don't take it so personally, OP. Your mother didn't touch you either when she squirted you out.

by Anonymousreply 62August 2, 2017 8:12 PM

I love the DL tag for this thread. "Get a Fucking Blog". lol!

by Anonymousreply 63August 2, 2017 8:13 PM

Lolll

by Anonymousreply 64August 2, 2017 8:59 PM

Your friend told your trainer you had syphilis.

by Anonymousreply 65August 2, 2017 9:37 PM

OP, when my trainer stretches my legs he leans his body weight into my thigh and often times his Lycra-encased genitals are resting on my glutes, sometimes even between my legs on my taint. Just want you to be jealous. He's straight too which adds an appealing sense of naïveté to the proceedings. Gets right up behind me when stretching my chest. I assume this is what "bros" do.

by Anonymousreply 66August 2, 2017 9:41 PM

Wakey,wakey!^^^

by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2017 10:39 PM

My hot gym bros are very hands on with spotting me. There are times when I feel their compression pants penis pressed against me while behind me squatting

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2017 11:53 PM

And then you woke up.

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2017 12:34 AM

classic thread.

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2018 8:37 PM

Are you hideous, OP? You are, aren't you.

by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2018 8:40 PM

Honestly, why should he touch you? He’s a trainer, not a masseuse.

He’s probably had bad experiences in the past. Also, did you know that staphylococcus never really goes away? Once you get it, you’ve got it forever. Fuck that.

Sorry, OP, but unless I was fucking you, I wouldn’t touch you either.

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2018 8:46 PM

It's impossible for him to be a masseuse.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2018 9:26 PM

People are kook today, starting threads about getting touched not getting touched, suing—forget it.

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2018 9:34 PM

“Man sues equinox because men in sauna won’t jerk off to him”

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2018 9:49 PM

Maybe he has heard you are a slut and doesn't want to contract anything.

I have seen the same trainer for 11 years - I get it by now - don't really need a trainer (go to the gym on my own 5 days) - but I see him once a week for assisted stretching and massage. He has gone from pretty hot to middle-aged during this time - I had 70 pounds on him at one point - now I am probably 5 lbs less than he is (weight loss thanks to a nutritionist).

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2018 10:01 PM

OP give him a hazmat suit before your next session and he’ll be more at ease.

by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2018 10:07 PM

Loving the bitchy tag that came with this thread. It gives this place more personality. Too bad they abandoned the tagging system because no one was using it.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2018 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!