Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What have you lied about when looking for sex online?

I lie about my age (list it as 10 years younger). I also make up a name-- I have no idea why I do this. I'm out and single but I'm so used to using a certain name for anonymous hookups, I keep using it

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2020 3:30 PM

My age and height. I take six years off my age, and two inches off my height.

by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2015 2:28 AM

I have untreated HIV. I have HCV, herpes, interior anal warts AND anal chlamydia. I always say DDF UB2. But I used drugs. I'm 57 with a 5.5 inch cock and I don't look a day over 35 and I'm a bottom, so I say 35 versatile 8 inch cock. I lie about my height. My master's degree. Also, I'm not single. Lie about that too.

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2015 2:35 AM

My name is the only thing I lie about.

Everything else I am blatantly honest about. Why lie? They'll find out anyway how much you weigh, how big your dick is and how old you are. No reason to lie about it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2015 2:38 AM

Some one that lies 10 years about their age never got in my pants when i was doing the hook up thing Just didn't have time for that and that gap IS obvious. They lying about dick size thing i never really cared about since I'm a top. Actually did have a couple of big dick dudes lie about being smaller than they actually were so as not to "intimidate" a top they were looking for. I found that cute..it wasn't something i found intimidating It can be hot watching it bounce around as they ride your dick and i have enough in that department i'm not insecure about it.

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2015 2:38 AM

I agree with you R3 that was always my approach. Better to get that ot of the way upfront and eh if i'm not your cup of tea no biggie Liers are pretty easy to avoid these days with cam/ichat etc. If they won't prove it prior you probably got a problem. Which that was more prevalent in my online hooking up days

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2015 2:41 AM

I met a guy who actually took 20 years off his age. Said he was 40 when he was really 60. Needless to say, we didn't have sex (and not because a 60-year-old can't be hot but just because that was a huge lie to tell). He had a great apartment, though.

by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2015 2:47 AM

I lie about my age 10-15 years depending on the sight. I'm 58. But I am truthful about having a belly. You can't hide that when hooking up.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2015 2:50 AM

I also lie about my age all the time - I know they will believe me as I look about 20 years younger than my actual age.. Btw I'm 19.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2015 3:02 AM

LOL@R8.. lying about your age by 10 or 20 years really does make about that much sense doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2015 3:03 AM

I say I'm 5 years older. I'm actually 12

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2015 3:15 AM

I don't lie about anything. I'm 32, and it really pisses me off when people do.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2015 3:16 AM

My earrings

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2015 3:20 AM

My caftans

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2015 3:20 AM

Something else i learned some dudes will lie about is safe sex. Tell you yes they are safe only then you get down to screw them and they want to skip the condom. that was always a major turn off. no telling what they hell they got if they are going to tell a stranger they picked up online to fuck them bare. I just could never get into that. Hard on killer.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2015 3:20 AM

My address. But that guy never came over anyway. Wonder what happened to him........?

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2015 4:07 AM

I say I am 49, but I'm really 52. I always send my recent face photo, because....well I pass for 49!

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2015 4:29 AM

LOL@R16. 2-3 years no biggie..it's the dudes lying by 10-20 years is just sad and ridiculous. Now if your talking about subtracting 2-3 inches that would probably be a bigger issue for your hookups if they are curious about that.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2015 4:37 AM

Take about 5 years off my age because I've noticed most guys over 35 do. Though I always laugh at guys whose profile says 49 and are clearly in their mid-60s or so. Not fooling anyone.

Also add an inch to my height and a couple pounds to my weight.

Always say I am total top because I don't want anyone coming over thinking they are going to fuck me.

When that happens, R14, I put my clothes back on and leave. If the guy wants to get barebacked by a total stranger, there's no telling how many times that's happened and how many diseases he is carrying. Just not worth the risk.

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2015 4:39 AM

Weirdest lie was a semi-regular fuck buddy who I actually liked-- we'd hang out and talk for a while after we fucked and we sort of bonded... except a bunch of times I noticed that minor details didn't add up-- his office was in one part of town, then another, he had 2 brothers, then he had a brother and a sister... so I did some sleuth work and discovered he'd completely invented his whole background story-- job, where he went to school, even his ethnic background. The job and background he'd invented wasn't more glamorous than his actual job and background, it was just different. And he seemed to be out to people. I confronted him about it over text and he never responded. Still have no idea what that was about.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2015 4:43 AM

Sounds like he was having fun making up life R19. None of that stuff surprises me by this point. I've run across quite a few over the last 20 years that play games to amuse themselves. They get pretty easy to spot. I had a dude make up this whole story about being a fireman ( he could almost pass for one) but at the end of the trick he had to take this emergy call...turns out the guy was an ER Dr at the hospital in the neighborhood. But we got a good laugh out of the whole thing since that busted him. Eh it was pretty good sex for a hookup so i wasn't going to complain at that point. I think he was embarrassed though since i never heard from him again.

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2015 5:15 AM

This is why I still prefer bathhouses - what you see is what you get, the age is obvious, and so is the dick size (not that I care about that). And the risks are less, you don't have someone you know nothing about, in your home. And, I made some great, and long lasting friendships with some of the guys I've met there. And in some cases, beyond 'friends'.

by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2015 5:32 AM

See I find bathhouses far more anonymous-- at least with Grindr there's some basic conversation first, you get a sense of the guy, where he's from, what he's looking for. There's some way to track him down too.

by Anonymousreply 22August 24, 2015 5:39 AM

i take 3 years off, just like 52 yr old r16. i figure lot of guys cap their searches at 50, so I want to widen my pool. people are are usually genuinely shocked when I tell them my real age so shaving off a few years doesn't seem like a major sin. I would never shave off 10 years though, because I'd rather be told i look great for my age than be seen as a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2015 6:00 AM

ps- everything else i'm honest about, and send accurate, recent photos of my body and dick.

by Anonymousreply 24August 24, 2015 6:03 AM

R8 looks like a -1 year old. What kind of -phile is interested in the unborn?

by Anonymousreply 25August 24, 2015 6:09 AM

[quote]There's some way to track him down too.

And that is why some people lie when they don't have to in the looks department. You never know when you are hooking up with a bunny boiler.

by Anonymousreply 26August 24, 2015 6:18 AM

All in all in the roughly 10 years on and off the i did the occasional online hook up, most people were fairly honest about their stats. Only maybe 3 out probably the 20 or so during that period were so far off that we weren't' even going to pretend it was going to happen when we met. Most people i think realize you're not going to get away with being far off from reality. Part of it is you learn to improve your screening skills i think with some practice. Folks don't usually lie nearly as well as they think they do.

by Anonymousreply 27August 24, 2015 6:26 AM

OP = Josh Duggar

by Anonymousreply 28August 24, 2015 6:37 AM

R22 - My stats and profile pic on an online site wouldn't garner much (any?) interest from the guys I'm attracted too. I'd be deemed to old immediately. But, I do get 'interest' at the baths, because of a certain genetic trait that I can 'flaunt'. You gotta work with what you've got.

by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2015 6:39 AM

Be honest, how many of you have claimed to be straight or straight-ish?

by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2015 6:40 AM

So how would that go R30? "Hey Bud i'm str8 but i'd really like to suck some dick tonight? Can you help me out bro?" Could you possibly stop from laughing if they were claiming that for a hookup partner?

by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2015 6:48 AM

You "late 40's" in your 50's are going to stay UN 50 for years. Stop deluding yourself. I have so many fuckbuddies dating back from my 30's and now in their early 50s who really really really really don't want to be 50. I don't think 60 will even push them. I know a few who steadily worked BACKWARDS from 45. They hit 50 around about when i did, but they never made it past 45, and now they are back down towards 42, 43.

It works for 3 of these guys because they have horse cocks.

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2015 7:05 AM

Some people probably lie about their careers, family, etc. because they're afraid of stalkers. If they're honest, it would be pretty easy to figure out where they live, work and about their families. They are just trying to protect themselves.

You can't blame them, really. With all of the weirdos and creeps out there - who knows? That bunny boiler could be just around the corner!

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2015 2:35 PM

Once I hooked up with a guy who turned out to be a complete asshole. He started getting creepy and cyber-stalked me.

To get back at him, for a long time, I created a few profiles with pictures of amazing looking men. Like bees to honey, men would ask to hook up. I'd say yes and give them that guy's address.

So either that guy had lots of sex or had tons of horny strangers knocking at his door at all hours.

by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2015 3:13 PM

LOL@R34. I did something similar with this abusive loser ( well he tried to be abusive anyway) i had the misfortune to meet oh 10 years ago. You could tell something was just off about him ( and he was physically pretty hot) when we met up at starbucks. Bailed on the whole thing and he didn't take to that kindly. HUGE scene and then kept sending these fucked up emails for weeks. He'd made the mistake of telling me exactly where he lived during the meet up so sent oh maybe 30 guys to his place. Maybe that taught him hooking up just wasn't for him.

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2015 4:09 PM

I don't lie about anything. I call it "the asshole filter" - if someone doesn't want who I am, then they can just leave me alone. I only need one response.

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2015 6:08 PM

R35 So you abused 30 guys to get back at one jerk. Who's the biggest jerk?

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2015 3:15 AM

I don't lie I omit

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2015 3:17 AM

R2 You sound like a basket of surprises.

by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote]I always send my recent face photo, because....well I pass for 49!

From a speeding car.

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2020 3:06 PM

R38 / OP is a fucking retard.

by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2020 3:09 PM

I work in a high-profile job in my city, often requiring media appearances. So, I usually only hookup when I'm traveling. I always lie about my real location, real name, and line of work, should the hookup start to ask that sort of thing. I don't want to be stalked. Damn I miss traveling.

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2020 3:18 PM

6'2" 280lbs but wear it well.

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2020 3:20 PM

I don't lie, most guys I've hooked up with haven't seemed to lie, as far as I can tell. There was one major exception. A guy with numerous pics, "35" years old, big dick, etc. We actually chatted numerous times over a few days. When he showed up at my hotel, I looked through the peephole, and immediately thought - NO WAY. I opened the door. He was probably 60, pretty fat, unkempt. I just said, "So, who's the guy in the profile?" He actually admitted he was stealing photos, but that's what he used to look like 20 years ago. I said, mmhmm, very cool, so you know there's no way in hell we're hooking up. He said 'Yeh, I figured." I just asked, "Seriously, does this EVER work? He said it worked every once in a while. How pathetic all the way around. He left peacefully, thank god.

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2020 3:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!