Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patti LuPone BREAKS DOWN In Tears Reuniting With Life Goes On TV Family

Surprised Patti was so sentimental about this, as she had plenty of negative things to say about the show in her book.

But she broke down in tears during the reunion.

See link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2019 1:20 AM

It's not her real son.

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2015 7:10 PM

"Oh, the mongoloid is here too? Now I am really verklempt!"

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2015 7:13 PM

Chris is a lil bit older but still sexy as fuck!

Back in the late 80s he was hitting pussy right and left on that set.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2015 7:15 PM

I watched for Tyler. When they killed him to make room for the AIDS patient I gave up on the show. It still wounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2015 7:21 PM

What kinds of things did she say about the show in her book?

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2015 7:23 PM

I've forgotten, but I'm sure there were nothing but bitter complaints, which was all the book was.

I remember in the book she blamed the fact she got bad reviews for playing Shakespeare's Rosalind at the Guthrie Theatre In Minneapolis on the fact that its neighbor city of St. Paul is (according to her) the occult capital of the US. (St. Paul????)

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2015 7:27 PM

Hated bill smitrovich. Not sure if that was in the book but she did. I think she talked about how the focus of the show turned to the Kelli Martin romances, so it wasn't the show she signed on for.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2015 7:28 PM

Kelli wouldn't even talk about the show for years because of LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2015 7:30 PM

Tyler was Chris's wing man.

Tyler would lure the cute young girls to the set where Chris would then flash his ten incher and get them all worked up.

They used to go through bitches like no one's business.

Then Chris fell in love. With Growing pains star Ashley Johnson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2015 7:33 PM

R8 She was and is very close to LuPone, Patti even sang in her wedding, R7 She writes a lot about Bill and how she started to hate him when she was auditioning for the part in NYC and Bill was there too. It took five hours of filming. She thought she would never meet Bill again. She found out he also got the part and tried to break free from her contract. In the final season Patti and Bill didn't speak to each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2015 8:52 PM

I've worked with Bill and he's no walk in the park either.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2015 9:03 PM

At least bill is a good actor

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2015 9:03 PM

Kelly ruined E.R. and Mark Steines is no longer hot.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2015 9:49 PM

No one got along with Bil Smithrovich

In addition Patti was frustrated with the character calling Libby a "Donna Reed" of the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2015 12:09 AM

Please! Patti broke down in tears because she missed the steady paycheck. After all, a girl's gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2015 1:10 AM

Since Patti worked with Mandy Patinkin, you would think Bill would be a piece of cake.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2015 1:12 AM

Geez Patti, it wasn't like this show was high art. Or even good or entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2015 1:13 AM

She's an actress.

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2015 1:52 AM

I love how Corky thinks her emotions are genuine. Watch how quickly she gets rid of his hand on hers when she thinks the camera isn't looking there anymore.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2015 1:57 AM

Oddly Mandy is the only actor patti ever really got along with.

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2015 2:18 AM

I was on a bus yesterday and they showed a fiml with a retarded person in it. I thought it was Corky. I didn't bother using the earphones, I just looked up at the screen every once in a while and thought, "I'm glad he has work again." But it turns out it was an entirely different retarded person. Funny how they all look so much alike. Funny how there is a need for more than one TV show or movie with all these look -alike retarded males.

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2015 2:34 AM

Does anyone remember the Tracey Ullman PSA with Chris Burke from the 90's? "I had a hit record"/"I have Down's Syndrome"/"Show off!"

It's nowhere to be found on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2015 5:02 AM

Weren't they dating in the early 90s R22?

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2015 5:03 AM

GO HOME!!!

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2015 5:04 AM

[quote]Oddly Mandy is the only actor patti ever really got along with.

Which is weird because there are many stories about how difficult Mandy is to work with.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2015 12:33 PM

I used to change the diapers at a special needs adult daycare. A lot of retards are hung huge.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2015 2:24 PM

That was the most pandering, patronizing thing I've ever seen,

I feel embarrassed and nauseated.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2015 3:21 PM

I am appalled that Patti has not seen him since the show ended decades ago. She played his dear mother for God sake. The poor Downs kid probably thought she was really his mom and just simply disappeared one day. Could she not have found a moment in the last 20 years to actually visit him? This is why you should never believe for a moment when actors bleat on about how much like a family they are on some stupid tv show. No one else in any other industry talks like this about their co-workers. It's just a job people, as is acting. Stop talking about how these people are so magical that you will be dear friends forever, it doesn't happen as Patti proves.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2015 4:02 PM

R28 they have kept in touch, but Chris does most of the work keeping in Touch. Chris lives on the East Coast and everytime Patti opens on Broadway, he goes and sees her perform

That is the extent of their relationship, it is one sided, but Chris makes the effort

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2015 4:04 PM

[quote]Chris lives on the East Coast and everytime Patti opens on Broadway, he goes and sees her perform

Poor kid. Spending all of his royalty checks to see her bellow her way through a musical.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2015 4:13 PM

Chris made at least $1 million dollars during the 4 years of Life Goes On.

None of his salary from the show has been spent. The money was put into a trust and he lives off the interest.

That was his parents doing and the trust is overseen by his brother who is an accountant.

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2015 4:18 PM

R28 Of course Patti has met him after LGO and writes Chris is a true angel. Where do you get your information R29?

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2015 4:19 PM

I can think of at least two reasons why R26 no longer works there.

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2015 4:31 PM

The hosts of that idiotic reunion show said Patti hadn't seen him in years. Watch it again fool.

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2015 4:34 PM

R34 well that is NOT true. As mentioned in R29

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2015 4:38 PM

I dunno. Seems to me that If she really cared, she would make more of an effort to see him. If I had a true angel in my life, I'd probably at least want to have a quick lunch with it every coupla years.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2015 4:45 PM

Ugh. Could you imagine having to keep up a relationship with people you used to work with? By the time I left any job I never wanted to see anyone who ever worked there again.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2015 4:47 PM

I'm with r37. I never keep up with former co-workers. There is one woman who I have on Facebook that we shared the same sense of humor, but we never meet up, we just read each other's postings on FB.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2015 4:54 PM

Reached for comment, Chris reminisced, "NOTHING NEW: THAT OLD SLAG USED TO EMOTE FOR HER PRIVATE VAGINA TIME EVERY DAY."

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2015 5:20 PM

I couldn't agree more. Once a show ends I'm outta there and happiest if I never have to see anyone from it ever again!

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2015 5:20 PM

What a toxic cunt...

It was a nice touch asking 3 times for a Kleenex to dry those dry cheeks. Then to call out the kids for not knowing the lyrics to their theme song, only to be outed as not knowing the lyrics herself. However, I think my favorite moment was when she claims she will never know if the downs boy got better at his craft or if it's just that she got used to him.

She even threw in a momentary clutching of her pearls!

Good thing some tone deaf types enjoy her warbling screeching 'singing' because her acting chops aren't worthy of a 'small wonder' spinoff

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2015 7:32 PM

Ironically, the blond host comes off more retarded than Chris.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2015 7:35 PM

Patti's tears were so obnoxiously "actressy." I am pretty sure she could have lived the rest of her life very happily without ever seeing or having to sit next to that drooling but sweet kid ever again.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2015 8:45 PM

R28 speaks the unvarnished truth. I admire actors who speak the truth, albeit nice and politely, in interviews where they say they really loved working with so-and-so, on such-and-such show, but they haven't seen them in, like 10 years, or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2015 8:53 PM

Bill, HOW DARE YOU! You were unprofessional during my audition, you were unprofessional on the set! I have never caused any problems in any of the productions I'm in, other people try to undermine my knowledge and talents, and then they blame me! Trust me, don't trust everything you read about ME!

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2015 9:02 PM

[quote]Patti broke down in tears because she missed the steady paycheck. After all, a girl's gotta eat.—Betty Buckley, Eight Wasn't Enough

I'm glad you understand that, Betty. No hard feelings then?

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2015 9:11 PM

R28 is right on the money. It is just a job. I'm sure some of us have had jobs where we became close with the people we were working with, even hanging out after work on occasion, and as soon as we were gone from their day to day lives when we or they changed jobs; they disappeared or eventually drifted off. It's easy when you see them all the time. It's not as easy when you have to work at it.

I can think of one person who I talk to from time-to-time that I worked with but our relationship was based on the fact that we grew up a few blocks from one another and even though we didn't know each other it still qualified as a preexisting relationship since we knew the same people.

There was an actor or actress who said, when asked who they would miss most from a show that was ending, they would miss the crew because with the actors they'd probably bump into them sometime in the future at some random event. So there's no point in missing them when you'll see them eventually. There are a few exceptions where former cast members actually still associate with each other, like Holly Marie Combs from Charmed and Shannen Daugherty or Courtney Cox and Jen Aniston, but that's rare. When it's over, it's over unless you see them at a party of a mutual acquaintance or someone loves your show enough to want you all at a convention (i.e. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Star Trek: TNG cast, etc.)

Although, I went to an event once where there were several Star Trek: TNG cast members present and it wasn't even an event related to the show.

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2015 9:38 PM

Will Patti ever reunite with Teri Klausner?

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2015 11:23 PM

[quote]Will Patti ever reunite with Teri Klausner?

Or Andrew Lloyd Webber?

by Anonymousreply 49August 24, 2015 1:46 AM

The bitch tried to steal my part R48!! Why do I need to reunite with understudy?

by Anonymousreply 50August 24, 2015 2:22 PM

Loyd Weber pool in my garden is enough.

by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2015 2:23 PM

Kellie hasn't aged too well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2019 3:45 PM

When you watch this clip you'll understand why LuPone detested Life Goes On.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2019 3:51 PM

I hated the opening when they zoom into Corky's face. It's like see! see! Look what we have that no other show has!

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2019 4:02 PM

Corky's still alive? I thought Downs people died young. I'm living in the past I guess.

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2019 4:38 PM

Perhaps they can reboot this with an older person in the Downs role. Like Glenn.

by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2019 1:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!