Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We need gay-exclusive activist groups

I have had it with the alphabet soup of Bs, Ts, Is and so-called "allies" infiltrating the GAY rights movement and trying to act like anything other than being gay is normal. It isn't. Heterosexuality is toxic in every way, and bisexuality is half as toxic, which is still pretty toxic. Most trannies are fascists; the str8 ones are all appropriators of female culture trying to invade safe spaces for women and commit penis-rape and the gay ones are self-loathing self-mutilators (this means you, Bruce Jenner). They're the reason they closed MichFest. Intersex is a physical condition; sexual orientation is not. And what does it tell you that some of the most genocidally homophobic people alive have no problem with transsexualism? It tells me that they approve it as a means of what is, in practice, genocide for gay people.

But what about gays? Where do we fit into our own movement anymore? We can't even get a movie about the Stonewall riots made with out the trannies and their totalitarian SJW sycophants (read: useful idiots) trying to sabotage its reputation before it even opens. I'm tired of supporting organizations that are willing to sell out male-born gay men's and woman-born lesbians' interests. We need to go back to gay-only activist groups. I have already dropped the T, and they can take the B with them.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2020 8:43 PM

As politically correct as it is, I agree with most of what you said, OP. While I have no litmus test as to who can be my friend or not (the majority of my friends are straight), my closest friends are two gay men and one gay woman. Politically, lesbian issues are--as a gay man--my issues too, but I find nothing in common with bisexuals or transexuals. I wish those groups and those individuals no harm whatsoever, but I just have nothing politically in common with them.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2015 5:29 PM

^^politically incorrect, I meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2015 5:30 PM

Is the Mattachine Society still a real org, or is it just an "ironic" party night at Julius's bar every month?

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2015 5:31 PM

Mattachine is the name of what's about to become downtown LA's newest gay bar...

In all seriousness, though, G's and L's need to divorce themselves from T's hijacking their organizations, their space, etc. The problem is that gay organizations are run and staffed by overly-PC, coddling, extremist, self-loathing SJW types who are 100% for putting gay men and lesbians in the backseat in favor of trannies. And these are gay men and lesbians doing this to themselves/ourselves. Check out GLAAD, HRC, the Advocate. A few vocal, irritating trannies.

But most of this enabling is done by lesbians and gay men (i.e. the enemies within)!

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2015 5:37 PM

Gay & lesbian = homosexuality.

It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2015 5:42 PM

You're right, OP. With a communication strategy like yours, what could possibly go wrong for gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2015 5:42 PM

If you still read or subscribe to the Advocate, you are supporting a magazine that is very active in promoting a Trans agenda, instead of catering to the 99% of gay men that make up its readership.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2015 5:42 PM

Post-marriage ruling there does seem to be this shadow of "What now?"

I could actually see a real use for a Gay and Lesbian Org, but you are going to immediately be seen as another wing of TERF-dom, OR the white male privilege wing (maybe both which is kind of amazing) and a transphobic, hate group.

The gay media would go ballastic; it would be seen as seditious.

But it just might, open up a discussion that needs to had...

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2015 5:45 PM

Overly-PC, SJW gay men and lesbians are to blame! Yes - trannies are borderline psychotic, but they are relatively few in numbers. Their agenda would get nowhere if it weren't for these [bold][italic] SELL-OUT [/bold][/italic] gays!

It's almost as if for some of these gay men/lesbians (and straight allies), gay marriage and DADT battles have been won, so now they're focused on vilifying gay white men and making Trans their new "cause."

This is a certain type of "gay man." Probably the same that brings his 6 straight girlfriends to the Eagle and cries misogyny at the drop of a hat. Check out any gay man who writes for Huffington Post.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2015 5:51 PM

If they don't like it, tough fucking shit. I'm tired of seeing gay men and women being tortured and murdered in the streets—especially in places where that's official state policy—and I'm tired of quack doctors telling homophobic parents to turn their gay sons into pale imitations of women if they like to dress up in Mommy's clothes.

TERFs are probably the best friends gays have ever had.

[quote] I could actually see a real use for a Gay and Lesbian Org, but you are going to immediately be seen as another wing of TERF-dom, OR the white male privilege wing (maybe both which is kind of amazing) and a transphobic, hate group.

That's how they see anyone who calls them out on their lies. They've gone from complaining that they were underrepresented in a trailer for a movie about the Stonewall Riots to denying that gay white men participated in it at all. How long before they start going after all gay men?

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2015 5:55 PM

Enough with the trannies!

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2015 6:39 PM

Are we at the tipping point where a split really occurs? I think it's overdue.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2015 8:17 PM

Yes, gays should go back to fighting discrimination against gays (which includes lesbians). With all the new technology we have now, sting operations could be done, such as catching people on hidden camera saying they won't hire or rent to someone who's gay. A Gay and Lesbian undercover hacking group could target HR depts or Health insurance companies to see whether their fully compliant with providing necessary coverage for HIV+ patients. It's BS to think that there's nothing to do in terms of fighting for our rights. There is still gaybashing. There is still bullying. And there is still the need for education about safer sex. Fuck the Ts and the Bs.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2015 8:40 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2015 7:43 PM

I will put forth and sincerely believe that embrace of the transgender community has set full gay rights back by at least a decade or more in most of the United States. People are just getting over the ick factor on people being gay, but the whole transgender thing smacks of deception more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2015 8:02 PM

[quote]The problem is that gay organizations are run and staffed by overly-PC, coddling, extremist, self-loathing SJW types who are 100% for putting gay men and lesbians in the backseat in favor of trannies. And these are gay men and lesbians doing this to themselves/ourselves.

I read a comment by someone saying that this is the natural outcome of having achieved so much for gays. These people are professionals in the "grievance industry", and gays no longer have that many grievances. So to keep being employed they have turned towards transsexuals. The only thing to do is to stop giving these organisations money and attention. Hopefully that'll make them fall flat on their asses.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2015 8:18 PM

[quote]Heterosexuality is toxic in every way,

Well your parents were toxic for sure.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2015 8:40 PM

[quote] Overly-PC, SJW gay men and lesbians are to blame! Yes - trannies are borderline psychotic, but they are relatively few in numbers. Their agenda would get nowhere if it weren't for these SELL-OUT gays!

You have to appreciate in two sentences an implicit attack on PC language and then two very good examples of insulting language which does nothing to support the posters argument.

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2015 11:24 PM

I can do nothing but laugh at this, yes some people can overly zealous about their cause, just as you seem to be op, and really everyone else in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2015 11:39 PM

My god, you people are awful. You're almost amusing in your cartoonish paranoia and outrageous separatist/segregationist agenda but you're such appalling human beings that the laughter doesn't last long.

Segregation now, segregation forever - now where have I heard that before?

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2015 12:29 AM

R20 Card-carrying Trans Warrior acting like gay people looking after each other instead of wasting time and resources on a group that hates us can be remotely compared to the suffering that haunted and continues to haunt the lives of black people.

You are not very creative.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2015 5:08 AM

[italic]TERFs are probably the best friends gays have ever had.[/italic]

What are TERFs?

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2015 5:16 AM

Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists.

I agree with OP. The trans fascist fringe is doing considerable harm to the LGB community. We have nothing in common with them, and they have nothing in common with us. They, in fact, seem to hate us. So why are we lumped together?

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2015 5:26 AM

Drop the T

Anything to do with orientation is fine : GLB, heck even A, but Trans are toxic bitches. They hide behind the gay community and pull all these stupid stunts. Every time someone brings up a discussion of mental illness Trans always jump in with the usual "being gay is not regarded as a metal illness anymore so you should think the same about Trans." They ALWAYS use the GLB as a shield to protect themselves from their stupid cult-like behaviour.

Drop the T

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2015 5:36 AM

OP is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2015 5:41 AM

R25 is engaging in psychological projection.

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2015 5:42 AM

R24 Drop the B and the "A" while you're at it - you wouldn't believe what they get up to when no one's looking. They can be as vile and homophobic as the T.

See: "monosexual privilege" and "allosexual privilege", i.e. "gay people are privileged for being gay".

L and G are the only natural allies.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2015 2:42 PM

Drop the T and DROP the fucking evil B!!!

by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2015 2:54 PM

Drop the T. And drop the B. Keep the Q. And maybe the I. I'm on the fence about the S and the Z.

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2015 6:14 PM

R29 What are the S and Z?

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2020 8:27 PM

This anger has gone back many years now. It’s sad. People have been angry for a long time now.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2020 8:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!