Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, take a deep breath

Red LEDs in the kitchen, blue LEDs and a pair of legs in the Michael Jackson room, and a little girl banished to the attic.

It belongs to Raheem Sterling of Man City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2020 6:18 AM

What I like:

The bathroom

The black and white curtains in the dining room

The dentist or barber chair

The grounds

The LEDs are too much!

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2015 8:40 AM

That's not a house, that's karmic retribution for the crimes of a past life.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2015 8:54 AM

That house does some things rather well. Strip out all the hideous furniture and its really not so bad. I also like the low maintenance eco friendly front paving.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2015 9:16 AM

Love him and hope he does well at MCFC but jfc, my eyes, that house. We call him prissy pants in our home for his adorable running style. Would have hoped he'd better taste for having £160, 000 a week blowing through his account. Is it safe to be assuming him dl? I mean, with his apparent attempts to obfuscate by fathering numerous children and assaulting a previous girlfriend? Anyone had him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2015 10:06 AM

It is simply hideous.

The outside looks like it could be an upscale "fast casual" restaurant... an Olive Garden or a Cheese Cake Factory or something like that. Complete with parking...note that hideous expanse of stones.

The portico at the front is especially horrible.

The interior decor has an Eastern European disco vibe.

The place is just all around awful.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2015 11:53 AM

The window drapes and hardware in all the rooms look like they came from Target.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2015 12:00 PM

Serious question- why does all new British construction look so cheap? Get past the design choices, the actual constriction and materials used all look like cheap commercial grade. It is as if the house was never intended to last more than 10 years before it is bulldozed and something else is built.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2015 12:04 PM

Who lives there? A Persian who plays professional sports?

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2015 12:30 PM

Did a retarded girlfriend born without a gag reflex decorate for him?

Agree with R7 on the cheap construction; it's Midwestern suburban without having a square state location as an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Brit real estate flaks call these places "Deluxe Executive Mansions."

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2015 1:45 PM

There are articles devoted to footballers' bad taste in mansions and decor. Stephen Ireland's is a doozy. Unfortunately, I can't find the best photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2015 3:10 PM

[quote]The outside looks like it could be an upscale "fast casual" restaurant... an Olive Garden or a Cheese Cake Factory or something like that. Complete with parking...note that hideous expanse of stones.

Yes! It is identical to a macaroni grill, actually.

The kitchen made me laugh the hardest. What is with those lights?? They couldn't turn them off for the photos? Is this the kitchen of the FUTURE?! Can you cook your chicken by putting it next to one of those? Yes - omg, what happens if the cat walks past them?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2015 3:16 PM

I didn't read the OP, but I looked at the pictures and thought, 'I bet that was owned by a football player', heh

They're so gaudy. There are loads on rightmove if you look at Alderley Edge and Hale that were clearly football player's houses.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2015 3:38 PM

whoever decorated this house should be flogged in public.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2015 3:58 PM

Why? Why? Why?

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2015 4:35 PM

The only thing tackier than black walls is pink walls.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2015 4:50 PM

Someone certainly thinks black lacquer is classy!

Or butch.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2015 9:16 PM

It looks like expensive trailer park taste. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2015 9:50 PM

[quote]The outside looks like it could be an upscale "fast casual" restaurant... an Olive Garden or a Cheese Cake Factory or something like that. Complete with parking...note that hideous expanse of stones.

Lmao.

I don't care how tacky the LED lights are. I like them.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2020 5:17 AM

The photos no longer come out clear.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2020 5:25 AM

I want to hear more about the little girl banished to the attic.

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2020 5:42 AM

It’s from 2015. The listing is not active.

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2020 5:44 AM

The listing describes the property as "a truly aspirational home".

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2020 6:14 AM

It's British, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2020 6:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!