Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Star Is Born on HBO right now

Streisand's perm is not a good look

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2020 4:50 AM

A perrmed afro with a 3 piece suit. In reality Kris Kristofferson's character wouldn't have fucked that with somebody else's cock

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2015 8:06 AM

she mentions using a strawberry douche. WTF!

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2015 8:28 AM

Kris K can't sing for shit. But he looks like a sexy ex of mine, I'd do him!

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2015 8:33 AM

[quote]In reality Kris Kristofferson's character wouldn't have fucked that with somebody else's cock

I'm sure he used someone else's cock all the time....everyone did back then.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2015 8:49 AM

Lest we forget, DL's very own Susan Richardson has a cameo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2015 9:07 AM

My ex would get drunk and act the fool like that, they could be twins. Thank Christ they finally took his license away or he would have ended up like him too

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2015 9:15 AM

Streisand thought she was so sexy in those short shorts and the Superman t-shirt. Oh the 70's.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2015 9:16 AM

It was the look of the 70's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2015 3:56 PM

The movie is awful, but Barbra nailed all the songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2015 4:53 PM

Don't you dare throw shade at La Stresiand!

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2015 7:35 PM

It's a godawful movie. The previous versions were stellar. The 1937 version is still the best though.

I didn't buy the romance in this one at all.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2015 7:38 PM

R9 I remember a review at the time that said it was hilarious to think Streisand could wow and quiet a rock and roll audience: "It would be like Kate Smith upstaging the Rolling Stones at a Rolling Stones concert."

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2015 8:25 PM

R8) I lived in a small town during that time. Many a kid in my junior high were tempted to get that very cut and perm. Unfortunately, the town obviously lacked high end salons. The result was badly fried hair and curls that looked like piglet's tails. More trauma ensued when Bo Dereck walked out of the ocean in "10" with the cornrows.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2015 11:56 PM

Of course it's shit - it's got Susan Richardson in it.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2015 12:40 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen...The Oreos!

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2015 10:44 PM

R5, that role was so much more substantial before Barbra Streisand had it cut to shreds. There were early talks of me being nominated and winning the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. Barbra would have none of that. She had my part cut abc through my costumes in acid. Terrifying.

And R14 = Steven Spielberg. Still jealous after all these years. Sad. He wants me but can’t have me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2019 1:58 AM

Hello, Gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2019 3:11 AM

I do love me some Barbra, but the costumes in this movie are so distracting. In the big concert scene, she’s in a white sweater with matching hat while everyone in the audience is in t-shirts die to the heat.

And although the new version is better in many ways, it still has the plot holes of Barbras version. At least the costumes are better.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2019 3:38 AM

I don’t hate this movie. It’s kind of a mess, but it’s a beautiful mess. Streisand has surely made far worse. At least it was kind of fun.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2020 4:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!