Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Transwoman accused of raping teen male

[italic]Claims it was consensual. But if the kid is transphobic as the tranny claims, why would the kid consent? The teen isn't a tranny chaser. My guess is that the transcult response will be, "women rape, too. It's misandrist to say only men rape." Coming soon to a women's bathroom near you....[/italic]

Early in the evening of July 4, Micaela Giles’s mobile phone started sounding alerts, and a series of messages straight out of a horror movie began scrolling down her screen.

Her 19-year-old son told her that his Airbnb host in Madrid had locked him in the fourth-floor apartment where he was supposed to be staying and removed the key. The host was still there, he said, rattling knives around in the kitchen drawer and pressing him to submit to a sexual act. He begged his mother for help.

When she called Airbnb, its employees would not give her the address and would not call the police. Instead, they gave her a number for the Madrid police and told her to ask the police to call the company for the address. But the number led to a recording in Spanish that kept disconnecting her, she said, and when she repeatedly called back her Airbnb contact, the calls went straight to voice mail.

Continue reading the main st

According to her son, Jacob Lopez, he was sexually assaulted that night. Eventually, he persuaded his host to free him. He returned home to Massachusetts and is in trauma therapy.

[bold]His host, who was born male but is living as a woman, denied Mr. Lopez’s accusations. She denied threatening him and said that the sex act was consensual and that he is transphobic.[/bold] If she is right, filing a false police report and telling the story publicly would be an unlikely way to bury a regrettable experience.

But the central question here is for Airbnb: Just how much responsibility is it willing to assume for the safety of its customers? It refers to them as guests and promotes its security measures and hospitality. But its employees made a choice here that a hotel might not make in similar circumstances. Rather than sending someone to check on Mr. Lopez, Airbnb put the onus on his mother to make that happen.

Airbnb, Uber and their ilk have managed to get people to refer to them as pioneers of something called the sharing economy, a neat trick given that they are in the business of renting out rooms and charging for rides.

What they do share, however, is risk. As I’ve pointed out in previous columns, insurance companies aren’t always fond of everyday individuals running inns out of their apartments and driving people around for money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2020 11:35 PM

Was this story line written by Pedro Almodovar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2015 10:52 AM

Cut out all of the nonsensical jargon, whimsy and social fancy, and it's simply the case of one male, the host, taking advantage of another male, Lopez. File a complaint with the police and AirBnB. The end.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2015 11:07 AM

I've used AirBNB 3 times. They give you the name of the owner and the address when you book. I'm not blaming the victim, but really, for his own safety, he should have given those details to someone in case of an emergency. AirBNB is not at fault.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2015 11:21 AM

I'm having trouble picturing what happened here.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2020 9:55 PM

R4 Clearly you are having trouble if you think bringing up a 1015 thread with 3 replies was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2020 10:03 PM

Ugly people who keep bumping threads from 2015-2016 should die of painful and horrible death.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2020 10:08 PM

Agreed on grease fire for this bullshit bumping. I think we should start finding what they are trying to bury and bump it.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2020 10:14 PM

Hopefully Murial archives all the 2015 threads so OP will stop bumping his threads.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2020 10:44 PM

Also: Transphobia means not wanting to fuck a fake woman, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2020 10:46 PM

DIE 2015 TROLL

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2020 11:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!