Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bradley James Nose Job

Do you think this is as big of a change as I do? I am kind of surprised by this. To me, he looks so generic now. I almost didn't realize it was him in a few of the pics online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2018 1:00 PM

Here's the front view

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2015 1:55 AM

Looks good. Definitely an improvement. He should share his plastic surgeon's card with Miles Teller.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2015 2:02 AM

WTf r2 ?! it's awful! He was so handsome before, now he looks more generic

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2015 2:07 AM

Well - I thought I'd post it cuz it looks like a decent nose job in isolation, but the way it changed his face just makes him look so strangely bland. It's like the jennifer grey phenomenon in a way. It's unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2015 2:09 AM

They changed his flat ridge and made it smooth. it looks unquestionably better. less like an ape. more like a human. also, consider no goofy smile in post picture (set 2).

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2015 2:12 AM

Much prefer the original nose.

Now, he looks bland.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2015 2:14 AM

Slab nose

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2015 2:38 AM

Fine. I'll fuck his "bland" nose face while y'all fuck his old picture.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2015 2:42 AM

The hook nose was distracting, but the surgeon went too far. It looks too pinched. He should get it built back up a bit at the top.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2015 2:44 AM

Jesus, must say this one came out of nowhere. One of hottest guys in showbiz does this? Who the hell fed him the bullshit he needed this? He lives in California now for his new show? I mean I couldn't stand watching Merlin but he was one of the few reasons I did catch few episodes. His face was perfection (alongside his body and hairy chest) and messing with it was a huge mistake. The balance of facial features is fragile and he just went and destroyed his. Bloody hell. What a fucking idiot.

He looks like a fucking clown in OP's bottom right pic. Did they mess with other things as well?

He's not a friend of Bradley Cooper's by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2015 2:49 AM

This is what he looked like before. Strong features, maybe a bit too strong for some people's taste, but it all just worked. Some of these fuckers don't realize what they've got.

What a loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2015 3:04 AM

He looked better before. His new nose is better suited for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2015 3:11 AM

What a loss! His old nose gave his face character!

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2015 3:15 AM

[quote]He looks like a fucking clown in OP's bottom right pic. Did they mess with other things as well?

The front facing one or the profile?

The break the nasal bones during this kind of rhinoplasty (an aggressive one IMO), which can change the way the eyes look.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2015 4:02 AM

It looks like a "nose job" nose, totally. It was perfectly fine before!

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2015 4:41 AM

Oh dear, he's ruined his distinctive beauty!

He's no longer distinctive and he's no longer beautiful, it's thrown the rest of his features out of kilter.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2015 5:30 AM

He looks like a young John Barrowman now, only not as good-looking.

This is one of the worst nose jobs I've ever seen on a man! It's obvious, it's ruined his beauty, and it's made him look like a different person.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2015 5:48 AM

Horrible result! The tip is too pinched and is sagging. It actually looks longer on his profile pic because the tip is dropping. It will continue to drop over the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2015 6:33 AM

[quote] He's not a friend of Bradley Cooper's by any chance?

What a great euphemism! This could be the new "confirmed bachelor."

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2015 7:49 AM

Does anyone else feel like crying? The guy was breathtakingly beautiful before, and now he looks so generic. I literally want to throw up. I am so sad right now. He was the ultimate in male beauty before, I only watched Merlin for him. So sad now. He should have stayed in the UK and gotten roles there. This is just sickening.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2015 8:20 AM

R20, I started this thread because I was also very shocked by it... I didn't want to put too much of my opinions in the opening post because then it biases the dialogue (which I was curious to read from a more objective place). But, I basically felt the same way you did. I also watched Merlin mostly for him - though it got fairly interesting as it went on with Morgana going to the dark side. He's still attractive, but it's just now like the hollywood clone attractive type. It seems as though his lips are thinner too...but that could be aging. I don't know... it's a lot of aging to happen so fast.

(And - i should've done a better side-by-side...woops)

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2015 3:31 PM

Wow. Generic much?

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2015 4:04 PM

Wow, I would have never guessed that the after picture in r1 is Bradley James. Now he looks like CW's answer to Viggo Mortensen or CW's own Stephen Amell. How sad that his original look was/is not appreciated in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2015 4:04 PM

I am a man who has had a nosejob. No cosmetic surgery alters the perception of the face more. It has to do with the eye/nose/mouth ratio and other triangular calculations of facial proportions plus the angle of projection. My nose was broken several times over the years from playing hockey and soccer and in my mid thirties I decided to get it fixed. I discussed at length and on more than one occasion what I did NOT want with my surgeon. I can't say it turned out badly because it didn't BUT I wish I hadn't done it. They always make the bridge too narrow and that greatly affects the appearance of your eyes. Tips don't usually droop but a thinner nose will appear longer of course. The work done on the cartilage at the tip of my nose is masterful and elegant but I liked my original nose better. I only wanted my nose straightened and the fractures repaired. Surgeons love to do more and sometimes have to, so I now have a handsome straight nose, a bit narrow at the bridge but with a high straight bridge that my friends envy and of course the perfect angle of projection from the side. The work at the tip is refined and sexy, not at all piggy or pinched. But after my surgery healed I switched from contacts to wearing glasses because I really did not like how "pretty" my eyes looked as a result of my nose job. The recovery was not pleasant as I had a full septo-rhinoplasty. I don't recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2015 4:32 PM

To whom on DL does Bradley James appeal, especially now that he has had a nose job?

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2015 4:38 PM

[quote]Surgeons love to do more

You can say that again. I also had a septo-rhino so I went through the same things. I went to an insane doctor, however, who put multiple grafts in my nose (from septal cartilage) and did things I never ever asked for (and asked him NOT to do). I have a bizarre nose now - especially since it is 15 years old now and it fits my face even less now. I had a fat, bill clinton nasal tip...and I just wanted it taken in...but he only adressed that a little. Mostly, he shaved down my bridge, raised the space between my eyes (from the fracture, I think) - and projected my tip so it looks like pinocchio (with a graft). I would love Bradley James' nose, but I don't think it fits his face at all. It's basically what I assumed I'd have - but I got some wacky version of my doctor's attempt to train a new resident on my face.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2015 4:45 PM

His best features are his cheekbones, jaw and those beautiful kissable lips. He didn't do anything to those, so he still appeals to me.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2015 4:46 PM

To provide a counterpoint to R24 and R26, I had a crooked hook in my nose similar to Bradley. I refused to have my picture taken. Hated hated hated looking at myself in the mirror.

In my early 30s, I could finally afford to have it fixed. Septo-rhino. Best thing I ever did. I wish I'd been able to do it a decade earlier. People call me handsome now, I get laid about 500% more, and my breathing has been so much better.

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2015 4:50 PM

Yeah, he didn't need it and he looks generic now, all the character is gone from his face. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2015 4:51 PM

That's good R28. You had a good surgeon who balanced everything out, it sounds like. I was hoping to be in your shoes, but my surgeon was so bizarre - I just traded old problems for new ones. I could've had a second nose job, but then it gets very risky...it was just basically pointless.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2015 4:54 PM

In what city did you get it done, R30?

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2015 5:06 PM

It was in NJ and the surgeon was a disciple of this new school of rhino docs who only do it open (with the columella incision) and love putting grafts in. If I had it done 2 years earlier, I wouldn't have had the same problems...because this style of rhinoplasty was just starting around then. The older docs only used the closed (no scar) approach, and they didn't graft.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2015 5:35 PM

I should add , Bradley looks like he god an "old school" nose job... you can still get them... but my doc wasn't trained on the closed approach. Also, i was swollen and numb in the tip for 2 years which is very common for the open approach. Ugh. This whole topic is just bad memories.

If I was 1/10th as good looking as BJ, I wouldn't let a knife within even 10 feet of my face.

My penis enlargement (girth) surgery actually got me 500% more sex, until all the fat started dying and it turned into a disaster I had to remove. But that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2015 5:40 PM

Was it Tobias, R32?

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2015 6:08 PM

The most handsome guy in the world now looks boring. He was fucking AMAZING LOOKING before. The hottest man that ever lived,, ever, on film. Now I just don't care at all about him. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2015 6:22 PM

Damn, his agents must've been behind this. Telling him if wants a big career he should get a nose job. He looked like a Greek god before, now he looks like a generic la guy. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2015 6:28 PM

[quote]The most handsome guy in the world now looks boring. The hottest man that ever lived,, ever, on film.

Huh? A bit of an exaggeration, dontcha think?

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2015 6:30 PM

Ew Michael jackson nose

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2015 6:36 PM

The most handsome man who EVER lived is not Brad James....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2015 6:41 PM

He looked fine before and looks fine now. Far too much drama on DL about nothing at all. Anyone would think he looked like Cher now from all the kvetching.

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2015 6:41 PM

[quote]Was it Tobias, [R32]?

I'd rather not say who ... partially because these doctors are all connected to each other - and I was saying bad things about them on a plastic surgery board years ago...which they all knew.

Also, I think he improved his techniques. I just checked his yelp reviews and they're really high. Perhaps he got me on a bad day...perhaps I didn't heal like he wanted...and my preexisting asymmetries got more exaggerated, which isn't always the surgeon's fault.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2015 6:42 PM

R39 Tiny body, HUGEhead.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2015 6:44 PM

He looked unique, now he looks generic. Now that must cost him roles. Unique trumps generic, every time.

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2015 6:44 PM

I had my nose done in 1999 by a surgeon in NJ. He was very big on achieving a "natural" look and even left a slight hint of a bump on the bridge. I love the result since it looks great and also doesn't look like I had a nose job. Not only did Bradley James not need a nose job, but it's really artificial looking now.

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2015 6:50 PM

R44 that's kind of what I wanted... but he took my bridge down anyway and said "it's hard to leave it convex" - but I said Howard Stern had a very minor nose job (he's talked about it) just to take the bulk out of it, but it has the same shape.

I am also maybe too self-critical... I mean, it's crooked to any plastic surgeon's eye - but I don't know how much people notice.

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2015 6:56 PM

Honk! Honk!

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2015 7:00 PM

His old nose was sexy.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2015 7:02 PM

[quote] One of hottest guys in showbiz

BWAH HAHA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2015 7:08 PM

R45. I mean this in the kindest way but you are obsessive and most likely had very unreal expectations. I posted that I had a nose job and that although I prefer my original nose, the work was very well done. I had a closed reduction 11 years ago and I am in fact more handsome than before, but I look different. I got used to it, though it still hurts on occasion to this day.

You have also mentioned penis enlargement?! plastic surgery message boards and not wanting a second surgery. Yet you sound very dissatisfied with the results of your multi-graft open nose surgery. Something does not add up. Rhinoplasties are the cosmetic procedure that MOST often require a second surgery (revision) due to aesthetic or functional problems about 40% of the time. Are you sure you only had one surgery?

Something tells me that you have a dysmorphic perception issue that would keep you or more likely another surgeon from agreeing to operate again. It is not that dangerous in most cases although of course it is easiest to work on the original anatomy. I don't think you decided against a repair surgery, I suspect no surgeon will agree to do it. If I am wrong forgive me, but your posts here sound a bit obsessive and ENT cosmetic surgeons are well trained to spot patients who can't be satisfied and who worry themselves to the point of mental harm. Accept that it is no where near as bad as you think it is and stop looking at it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2015 7:19 PM

I guess he looked too European for hollywood, surprised sophie turner still has her nose intact.

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2015 7:38 PM

He looked like a poet; now he looks like a game show host.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2015 7:47 PM

R49 - wtf are you talking about. If I was "obsessive" - I wouldn't have lived with this for 15 years. I would've had it redone 5 times. Please try not to pretend to be a psychologist on the internet. It's pretty pathetic.

Yeah, I had a pencil dick & got fat injections. You think that's weird? So, in gay culture - or just on this board alone - where dick size comes up 1000 times a day, it's weird for someone with a pencil dick to have fat injected to make their dick larger? REALLY? Do you say the same thing to women who get breast implants?

Stop being a judgmental cunt and making assumptions. Dr. Becker (NJ) is from Dr. Toriumi's ridiculous school of open rhinos and extensive grafting in that era, and he was not experienced enough back then... and that's what I got in my PRIMARY - one and only rhinoplasty. He did that because he thought that taking in my bulbous tip would have led to alar valve collapse due to weak lateral crura. OK?? And, by doing that he cause my tip to be very bulky and not reduced in size. I mean, really, bitch - if you want to start going down this road, I will be happy to oblige because you don't know wtf you are talking about. That was ALL I wanted (SOO BDD and unrealistic). I didn't ask him to touch my bridge or anything else, but he did anyway. If I wanted to lie, I would have. You're not a psychologist & you don't know me or anything about BDD.

You, on the other hand, sound like a narcissist, know-it-all.

[quote]you are obsessive and most likely had very unreal expectations

Oh please queen, post your pic and let us judge how "handsome" you are.

[quote]Something tells me that you have a dysmorphic perception issue that would keep you or more likely another surgeon from agreeing to operate again. It is not that dangerous in most cases although of course it is easiest to work on the original anatomy. I don't think you decided against a repair surgery, I suspect no surgeon will agree to do it. If I am wrong forgive me, but your posts here sound a bit obsessive and ENT cosmetic surgeons are well trained to spot patients who can't be satisfied and who worry themselves to the point of mental harm. Accept that it is no where near as bad as you think it is and stop looking at it.

Wrong on every level. Toriumi (an ENT) would do it for $25,000 and many others in NYC would re-do it for over 15k (he was Becker's teacher) but none could guarantee that it would come out how I wanted - and for that price, it is not worth it. Once you alter the anatomy this significantly, you absolutely cannot guarantee that it can be fixed.

Yeah, i've been looking at it for 15 years. It just came up in this thread....and of course, as is the case online, judgmental people pretending to be "concerned" have to shit all over my posts. I should't have posted.

I'm not buying your "please forgive me" bs either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2015 7:52 PM

Oh I quoted the wrong line.

You referred to yourself as handsome about 10 times in your various posts. That's where I meant to say - please post a pic of yourself and we can judge. ...as you seem to be a narcissistic know-it-all...even going so far as to fabricate an entire history of my life in the most bizarre fashion I've ever seen. No doctors would see me? Uh...first of all, there's always SOMEONE who would... and considering some of the top 10 docs were willing to do it, there's no issue with me. The issue is - the more times you fuck with grafts (which you know nothing about) the more you weaken the nose...especially since my native cartilage is weak...so you cant take the lateral crural struts out and replace them with nothing. This is not "obsessive" - this is called "analytical". Had I gone through with some of the shittier docs' proposals to take these grafts out, i wouldn't be able to breathe now.

Then you claim I'm lying about how many nose jobs I had? Why would I bother? I admitted I got a penis enlargement - and then you think I'd lie about my nose jobs? Nice logic, there.

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2015 7:58 PM

WOW, it's worse than I thought. You are a hysteric. Miss me with your misdirected vitriol. It's your thread my dude, let it out.

by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2015 8:00 PM

[quote]WOW, it's worse than I thought. You are a hysteric. Miss me with your misdirected vitriol. It's your thread my dude, let it out.

Misdirected? I know a concern troll when I see one & you can fuck off...with your self-assessments of your "handsome" looks and entirely made up / obscenely judgmental history of my surgical history.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2015 8:01 PM

Girls! Girls! You're both huge proboscises!

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2015 12:13 AM

He had some janky teefs he got fixed too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2015 12:34 AM

It's like he's hoping to be mistaken for Alexander Skarsgård.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2015 12:55 AM

Wimpy little beard yet a hairy chest.

How tragic.

And now a Barbie nose!

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2015 1:11 AM

I agree that they went too far with this nose job.

However, it doesn't matter. They're going around telling anyone who will listen that Damien will be deadly serious and no one will crack a smile. So he wasn't going to be sexy in this.

Clearly, his "team" have no idea what his strengths are.

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2015 1:22 AM

The most gorgeous man in the universe, now just an average Joe. Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2015 1:25 AM

He broke his nose, so he got a "nose job", op.

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2015 7:58 AM

He should change his name from "Bradley" to "Blandly" now.

His nose is undoubtedly better and overall he is more generically handsome.

However, he was handsome and interesting looking before the nose job. R4 called it with the Jennifer Grey comment.

Now, he's just another hot guy looking for acting roles, nothing memorable, nothing interesting to see. In an industry where hot guys are a dime a dozen, it'll be interesting to see whether his career improves or declines.

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2015 11:25 AM

Maybe he will grow bangs and become a supermodel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2015 11:21 PM

[quote] Maybe he will grow bangs and become a supermodel?

Like Ypir?

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2015 1:44 AM

Someone is claiming in the Damien thread that Bradley's saying he got into an accident during the filming of Damien and that's why he had to have his nose operated. I can't find anything about it on google.

BTW, his new nose came out already in May. I completely missed it and apparently did the whole planet since there's almost nothing about it in the web.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2015 6:20 AM

Step aside Jennifer Grey! Bradley James has gone from Neo-Raphaelite poet to soap star.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2015 9:45 AM

I've got it - he had a chin implant as well. Michael Weatherley and James Marsden are fine specimens of men but we didn't need Bradley to morph into a genetic splice of them.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2015 12:29 PM

Eye creases suggest he has been Botoxing, too.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2015 12:30 PM

Bland and generic... WTF are you crazy bitches smokin'?

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2015 12:40 PM

I like a strong nose. This James shot his career to hell. Luckily there are plenty of others who remain unclipped. Here's Peter Vack, now featured in the Amazon series Mozart in the Jungle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2015 12:56 PM

Tom Mison's bony beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2015 12:59 PM

His old nose (and even his croocked teeth) gave him a lot of charm. This new nose looks like something you see on a plastic surgery ad on a subway in Korea. I really think his attempts to advance into the US market are completely unnesessary and stupid. He could have had a decent career in the UK, now he's got a generic nose, Damien is gonna flop and he's gonna be stuck doing Lifetime bopics for the rest of his life. I hope Colin Morgan hits it big and pulls a Cumberbatch, just to show this loser that you don't need to suck Hollywood's dick to become successful.

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2015 12:59 PM

In a field where you are competing for roles with countless other handsome actors, a special, rugged look gives you an edge. Is his talent so great he can afford to look like just another blandly pretty boy?

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2015 2:51 PM

R51 said it best.

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2015 3:16 PM

I don't think he had chin work. The nose job throws off the frame of the face.

by Anonymousreply 76August 19, 2015 12:52 AM

[quote] Someone is claiming in the Damien thread that Bradley's saying he got into an accident during the filming of Damien and that's why he had to have his nose operated. I can't find anything about it on google.

I wrote the above but to avoid confusion I must point out that the person in the Damien thread only said that Bradley broke his nose during the filming. The writer only himself thought this might've been the reason for the new nose. Small thing but I had to correct my own mistake.

by Anonymousreply 77August 19, 2015 1:16 AM

Here's a little comparison first with the old nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 19, 2015 1:22 AM

And then with the new nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 19, 2015 1:23 AM

In what universe did that guy need a nose job? Does he have body dysmorphia? Did his agent think this was a good idea? That would surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2015 1:24 AM

It doesn't matter at this point, the guy is aging like milk. He's gonna look like curds in a few years anyway. RIP his Merlin era hotness

by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2015 10:29 AM

R78 & R79 ty for that. I haven't watched his new show so I had no idea. Even the audience reaction was different in the 2nd one. The first one, it literally sounded like women were gasping and practically fainting, in the 2nd one much LESS of a reaction even though he actually seems LESS arrogant now. I think he must have broken his nose. He seems really self-conscious and knows that he doesn't have the same effect on people. You know when gorgeous people can literally do whatever they want, everything is forgiven? Not anymore sadly. He had that gorgeous card on him, now he's just a nice guy...nothing special. No gasping for air around him. No one fainting at the sight of him. If his American agents said this, I hope he fired them (he probably didn't, since he seems like he's a nice guy). But this is the problem in HW. Agents do this to everyone. They want generic, corporate clones. Same in music, same in everything. His look as R51 said made him look like a GOD. I really hope his acting is up to par now, because it's going to have to be.

I like people with large noses, even if it makes some in HW uncomfortable. The woman who played the Jewish wife of Moses for instance was INCREDIBLE LOOKING from the front, from the side, eeek, but that is fine. Same with Adrian Brody, from the side, eek, from the front, WOW. Same with Sophia Loren. Side - YIKES, front wow!!! Same with Linda Evangelista as well.. I mean the list goes on and on.

And now Bradley James. So sad!

by Anonymousreply 82August 19, 2015 11:39 AM

What?! His original nose was perfect! Why?!

by Anonymousreply 83August 19, 2015 12:08 PM

R82 I agree with you about large noses. Except I don't think they look "eek" from the side. Big noses are cool. And Bradley's nose was BREATHTAKING.

by Anonymousreply 84August 19, 2015 1:00 PM

Aaaaand on a Merlin note: I think Colin Morgan had his huge lovely ears pinned back, as seen from the set pics from that movie he's doing with Fanny Ardant. What is it with these guys and their insecurities?

by Anonymousreply 85August 19, 2015 1:03 PM

[quote]His old nose (and even his crooked teeth) gave him a lot of charm.

I agree, his nose was masculine and the crooked teeth were cute. He looked mature but at the same time had a boyish, impish sexy charm... now he appears too feminine. He's still very attractive of course, he just looks---as others have said---generic and bland.

It's a damn fucking shame.

by Anonymousreply 86August 19, 2015 3:19 PM

If you break your nose, they don't have to take so much cartilage off the middle and the tip. Usually, they just re-fracture the nasal bones on the top. He had the full on nose job. His tip is totally different and they narrowed the whole thing & shaved it all down.

You never know what's in someone else's mind. There are attractive people who obsess over their acne or their thinning hair, etc...and go to great lengths to change it. Maybe he was bothered by it, even though objectively - nobody else was. Even his crooked teeth, that he fixed in Season 4 of Merlin...were not really bad at all - but maybe he's the type to look in the mirror every day and hate it. I have a tooth that sticks out and nobody else really notices it but me. And every cosmetic dentist I go to says it's not worth the trouble to fix. It was actually similar to his old tooth that stuck out forward. I wonder how they corrected it because projected teeth can't be fixed with veneers from my understanding. I would need invisilign.

by Anonymousreply 87August 19, 2015 3:29 PM

His nose will continue to morph because the surgeon altered the supporting structures of the nasal tip and my prediction is that his tip will elongate, as the tip cartilages shift to an upwards position and the columella hangs further. This will give him a polly-beak deformity ( parrot-like) and it will also distort the columellar-labial angle as his upper lip lengthens. This is tragic!

by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2015 7:49 PM

Pinning back ears is fine. It doesn't change the face.

Griffin Freeman did it, and now his phone is ringing off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 89August 19, 2015 9:21 PM

I don't care: just like Scott Eastwood, he has the cutest little ears!

by Anonymousreply 90August 19, 2015 9:27 PM

I'm too old to have any idea who these people are.

But from the before and after pictures what the fuck did the guy do to his face?

He was terrific looking. No Dr. with any aesthetic sense should have gone anywhere near him.

He must have a secret desire to spend the rest of his life in TV commercials.

by Anonymousreply 91August 19, 2015 9:45 PM

[quote]I'm too old to have any idea who these people are.

It's probably not that - he was on a BBC family show called Merlin. I wouldn't know who he was if I didn't have netflix. It might have been on BBC America. I think it was... I can't remember now.

by Anonymousreply 92August 20, 2015 1:01 AM

Honestly to win the lottery in the looks dept and then take a hammer and chisel to it is simply beyond fathoming.

Is this one of those gorgeous people self-loathing things?

by Anonymousreply 93August 20, 2015 1:33 AM

A moment of silence for Bradley James' real nose. Alas, it was too beautiful for this world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2015 1:39 AM

He looked like a blonde Christopher Reeve. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2015 1:41 AM

R93 It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2015 1:42 AM

I think he had bad acne...and people with bad acne almost always have body / facial image issues. No agent can force you or convince you to have a nose job if you don't have some kind of insecurities... or get all your teeth ground down to nubs and replaced with porcelain before you are even 30...so... he might have some issues.

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2015 1:46 AM

How does a one know when it's going to throw off their face so much? Many nose jobs aren't obvious and look fine. I had never seen this guy before and even I can see he's ruined his good looks.... yikes.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2015 2:03 AM

I had more or less attractive friends with unfortunate noses, who got the nose jobs, and they were ok new noses, and yet they LOST their attractiveness. I see this with white people who had broad snub noses, piggy snouts, and they get a little central casting nose and everything else goes to hell, ironically. Tragically.

This man was a handsome man WITH an handsome nose.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2015 2:23 AM

Is it possible for a surgeon to do another nose for him just like his old gorgeous nose?

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2015 2:29 AM

Agree. The number of nose jobs that turn out well is small. The hot guy from the terrible movie The Room got a nose job and it was awful.

Teeth straightening and ear pinning are fine.

by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2015 2:30 AM

Wasn't he also totally freaked out by obsessive fangurls? I mean he seemed to really hate that. Perhaps he did it for that?

by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2015 2:31 AM

If Bradley did get a nose job, can he tell his buddy Freddie Stroma to do something about his hair? The guy would be a 10 if took some propecia.

by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2015 9:53 PM

Total Jennifer Grey phenomenon: great nose job in isolation, but in the big picture it made him totally generic and has destroyed what was quirky handsome about his face.

Looks like he had work on his cute overbite, too. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 104August 20, 2015 9:57 PM

Do you think Michelle and Barack got good nose jobs? Or any nose jobs?

by Anonymousreply 105August 20, 2015 10:31 PM

No they didn't and why do you ask R105?

by Anonymousreply 106August 20, 2015 10:43 PM

R106 lots and lots of before an after photos of the 2.... Somewhat convincing photos. Thinned bridges. Michelle - highly professional makeup maybe. Barack??

by Anonymousreply 107August 20, 2015 10:49 PM

Do you think Bill Clinton had a nose job? Everyone's nose appears larger in adolescence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 20, 2015 10:54 PM

So you are black and don't like the politics of suggesting Michelle and Barack had a trim? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 109August 20, 2015 11:25 PM

I don't liars, racists and race baiters. Or most fags.

by Anonymousreply 110August 20, 2015 11:46 PM

by Anonymousreply 111August 20, 2015 11:49 PM

But heth thblond!! How largth ith hith cock?

by Anonymousreply 112August 21, 2015 12:25 AM

R105 definitely MO had something done - Michelle Obama before her nosejob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 21, 2015 2:30 AM

R105 Michelle Obama recently, she also has that permanent surprise look too, so, she's had an eyebrow lift as well as a nosejob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2015 2:32 AM

ugh why are you hijacking the thread to talk about the obamas. really. zzz

by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2015 2:32 AM

Just thinking about this, Bradley James probably received a broken nose doing soccer, he's really athletic. I bet he got bonked on his nose - most likely in the UK. So he probably had the awful NHS do his nose, and trust me, they're crappy.

by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2015 2:33 AM

Maybe a jealous Tom Hardy punched James in the nose, R116?

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2015 2:43 AM

That's cosmetic, though. A broken nose repair doesn't change the outside that much...or the tip. It might straighten crookedness if the septum got pushed over. The NHS isn't going to do anything but the bare minimum with an ENT and then they'd send him to a plastic surgeon if he wasn't happy.

by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2015 2:43 AM

So R116 you're saying that Bradley broke his nose in a soccer game, went to NHS and they completely remodeled a nose of a rather big star?

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2015 2:44 AM

It was a very meticulous rhinoplasty. No NHS surgeon could've done that. It's very symmetrical, perfectly straight in the bridge (no scoop), no piggy tip, no (obvious) pinching, etc.

I don't think it's going to age well if it looks like that now (based on girls from my high school) - but it looks good now.

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2015 2:49 AM

I mean, it looks good as a nose...not on his face... but it's a well-done nose job (for someone else's face - it is basically chris Pine's nose).

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2015 2:50 AM

It totally threw the symmetry of his face off. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2015 3:55 AM

He just looks so bloody weird. I genuinely feel bad for him although who knows, maybe this is what he wanted and he's perfectly happy with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 23, 2015 7:23 AM

Ok, hear me out friends, the NHS is awful. I would hope he went to someone in the USA, but somehow I doubt it. Why? Because his blonde gf, when she was on a show here in the USA was living with a roommate. Who says he even gets health insurance here or if he does, perhaps he has to pay and doesn't want to pay? And the NHS would have fixed his nose for free. Is there a timeline on when he got his nose fixed or done? The guy as I said before plays soccer every single day of his life.

by Anonymousreply 124August 23, 2015 8:05 AM

Sorry, just wanted to add, "living with a roommate" "probably not paid incredibly well", he has a place in London he has to pay for as well.

by Anonymousreply 125August 23, 2015 8:06 AM

Why the hell would the NHS pay a complete nose job for a rich actor? Let go of that idea. This is Bradley's own doing. He might've gotten advice from his agents or whoever but he's a grown man and in the end it was his decision.

by Anonymousreply 126August 23, 2015 8:27 AM

Can you imagine if Marilyn Monroe's agent told her to have that mole removed? Some flaws and ugly, but some are beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2015 5:44 PM

Marilyn had a nose job though

a good one

by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2015 6:10 PM

For some strange reason which only god knows they did excellent plastic surgery years ago like Monroe and Dean Martin. Today like with this guy it is tragic as some have already noted.

Why anyone wants to look like he belongs in a mall window display I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2015 3:32 AM

I used to do casting, and this really depresses me. It's always happens with gay boys who, if they have distinctive features, often lack the confidence in themselves that straight guys would have, and want to be made middle class suburbanly generic. You long to point them to L'Uomo (magazine) which regularly features distinctive looking men. I still think of a young man who had the most fabulous bumpy roman nose who I saw six months later with a new generic nose like James's. It was shattering, and from being someone I really wanted to cast, he just became another forgettable wannabe in the queue. And stop it with the row teeth! Crooked teeth can be brilliant for character -- and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 130October 18, 2015 7:14 AM

Some triangular nostrils would suit him well.

by Anonymousreply 131October 18, 2015 7:15 AM

Which FAGGOT told him to change his masculine nose?!

by Anonymousreply 132October 18, 2015 7:41 AM

He now needs a neck lift, his jaw shaved to make it more angular, lip filler and his ears pinned back.

by Anonymousreply 133December 7, 2015 10:38 PM

I don't understand his desire to 'go Hollywood'.

He seemed like a Brit actor that wasn't interested in playing along with convention.

by Anonymousreply 134December 7, 2015 11:10 PM

r52's doctor got to know him, and turned his nose into a cunt to fit his personality. And no, you shouldn't have posted. Go to another doctor and get it corrected.

by Anonymousreply 135December 7, 2015 11:51 PM

r130 Exactly! He was so good looking, getting any work on his face was so unnecessary and now looking at his new face is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2015 4:09 AM

I always thought Freddie Prinze Jr had a great nose job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2015 12:34 PM

R51 wins!

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2015 2:03 PM

When is Damien premiering?

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2015 2:21 AM

I used to watch Merlin and thought he was so handsome. This is such a pity.

by Anonymousreply 140December 10, 2015 2:55 AM

Not until 2016, R139.

Although the A&E website didn't say when, last time I checked.

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2015 1:09 AM

To the person who said he didn't has a nose job, this is a profile shot of his old nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2015 10:10 PM

I can understand him getting his British teeth fixed, but I don't get why he had the nose job.

No one ever had an issue with his nose.

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2015 11:58 PM

I was fine with the way Bradley James looked before the fixes however for some reason the guy had Zero work in 2013. Had one small part in one episode of Homeland in 2014. He had work done and now has had the most work he has had since Merlin. Maybe it gave him more confidence, maybe he just wanted a change. I imagine there are very few people in the acting profession who hasn't had some work done. Liked him before like him still.

by Anonymousreply 144December 12, 2015 12:42 AM

As long as he doesn't start having his adam's apple shaved, I am fine with what he does.

by Anonymousreply 145December 12, 2015 12:44 AM

R144, there seems to be a difference in the way Bradley & Colin Morgan approach work.

Morgan doesn't seem interested in a Hollywood career or trying to break into American t.v. Morgan also worked regularly during & after Merlin, whereas Bradley went through a year or two of hardly working at all.

Bradley seems to be much more interested in trying to be on American t.v., whereas Colin Morgan seems more interested in theatre & serious films.

by Anonymousreply 146December 12, 2015 12:49 AM

That was a magnificent nose.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 147January 8, 2016 1:35 AM

I don't get why he got a nose job.

I can understand getting his crooked British tooth fixed (although it gave him a certain charm).

But there was nothing wrong with the nose.

by Anonymousreply 148January 8, 2016 1:53 AM

Bradley James new nose looks so weird

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 8, 2016 6:52 AM

It's undeniably different and wrong looking. Such a waste :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 8, 2016 6:53 AM

Old nose pics for reference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 8, 2016 8:48 AM

Old nose is far superior

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 8, 2016 8:51 AM

I wish he were playing the "fun" Satan on Lucifer rather than the black hole of charisma Tom Ellis.

by Anonymousreply 153January 8, 2016 9:25 PM

It's unfortunate that someone (his agent?) advised him to 'go Hollywood' and buy into all of this cosmetic surgery crap.

by Anonymousreply 154January 9, 2016 2:59 AM

And its so wrong too. I'm gobsmacked that anyone could look at his old face and think he needed work done. He was gorgeous. It's like saying Brad Pitt needed work done.

by Anonymousreply 155January 9, 2016 3:09 AM

[quote] It's like saying Brad Pitt needed work done.

Do Brad Pitt and Bradley look similar? If so, how?

by Anonymousreply 156January 9, 2016 3:12 AM

r156 I didnt say they do. My point was Bradley was as handsome as Brad Pitt. What could you change to Brad Pitt's face (in his prime) to make him more handsome? It's just as hard to say the say for Bradley

by Anonymousreply 157January 9, 2016 3:52 AM

R157, apologies for the confusion. I do think Brad Pitt and Bradley have some similarity in appearance, and I was wondering whether you and others agree. If you do agree, which characteristics are similar? How are they different?

by Anonymousreply 158January 9, 2016 3:56 AM

To whom is he attractive? What is appealing about him?

by Anonymousreply 159January 9, 2016 4:01 AM

He looked great before, and great now. As the video at R79 shows, the nose is still strong, it's just straighter.

by Anonymousreply 160January 9, 2016 4:05 AM

r160 not just straighter but i think he had it reduced/shaved down, the tip looks different.

by Anonymousreply 161January 9, 2016 4:22 AM

R44 Do you mind me asking who the surgeon was? I live in NY and I've been considering a rhinoplasty for awhile. How much did it set you back, and what was the down time?

by Anonymousreply 162January 9, 2016 4:44 AM

I'm going to guess R44's surgeon was Geoffrey Tobias. He specializes in masculine-looking nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 163January 9, 2016 6:57 PM

Has anyone (either an interviewer or a fan) gotten around to asking Bradley why he had plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 164January 9, 2016 9:54 PM

His nose looks big to ME

by Anonymousreply 165December 6, 2016 7:21 AM

He's fucked up his handsome face. Why? I like a strong bridged nose. Flat ridge --raised/projection. from the face. Not a concave Ashley Simpson number. A shame for Bradley.

by Anonymousreply 166December 6, 2016 8:56 AM

In the words of our President-Elect... SAD.

by Anonymousreply 167December 6, 2016 9:04 AM

Is r152 his old nose or new nose? He looks pretty good there.

by Anonymousreply 168December 6, 2016 9:11 AM

From majestic to meh.

by Anonymousreply 169December 6, 2016 9:30 AM

I am rewatching Merlin. Bradley James went from looking like a young, sexy Mads Mikkelson to a generic version of Jensen Ackles.

by Anonymousreply 170December 18, 2016 2:57 AM

prefer the original nose

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2018 3:35 PM

I also prefer the original one; it gave his whole face some character. He just looks bland and generic now.

by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2018 3:40 PM

I think he looks hotter with the new nose, but from the perspective of an acting career, I think it makes him look more generic. His original nose was more distinctive and memorable. He also looks a lot like Hunter Parrish from Weeds.

by Anonymousreply 173June 19, 2018 4:29 PM

R24 thank you for the laugh. So, basically you are way too beautiful and have to wear glasses to minimize the effect. ROTFL!!!

by Anonymousreply 174June 19, 2018 4:30 PM

I don't understand why he got his nose changed.

I can kind of understand getting his crooked tooth fixed, but there wasn't really anything wrong with his nose.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2018 4:45 PM

HIS NOSE JOB LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE. IT LOOKED GREAT BEFORE AND IT LOOKS JUST AS GOOD NOW. HE IS HOT WITH EITHER NOSE AND KEEP IN MIND HE PLAYED FOOTBALL/SOCCER AND PROBABLY HAD HIS NOSE BROKEN. SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THEIR NOSE BROKEN HAVE BREATHING PROBLEMS/SNORING AND NOSE JOBS CAN BE TO FIX THAT BESIDES JUST VANITY. HE ALSO HAD HIS TEETH CHANGED BUT AGAIN HE LOOKS GOOD BEOFRE AND AFTER. I THINK IT WAS NOT NECESSARY AS FAR AS LOOKS BUT MAY HELP HIM LOOK BETTER AS HE AGES. BUT HE SHOULD NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE, YOU DON'T MESS WITH PERFECTION. HAS TO BE THE HOTTEST ACTOR EVER I WOULD DO HIM BOTH WAYS TOP BOTTOM OR ANY WAY POSSIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 176December 9, 2018 12:50 PM

I had not previously heard of this Bradley person, but, be that as it may, I would opine that his erstwhile proboscis was preferable.

by Anonymousreply 177December 9, 2018 12:58 PM

Well smell YOU.

by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2018 1:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!