Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why hasn't Obama endorsed Hillary?

I thought they were friends now.

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2020 12:53 AM

Because it's too early? Primaries haven't started so a presidential endorsement would be premature. The people need a chance to choose before the president anoints an heir.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2015 1:53 AM

Reagan never really endorsed George Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Folks gotta know I can't stand the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2015 3:23 AM

He sort of has... here's the quote:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2015 4:09 AM

How in the fuck is nobody else wiggling out at the length of this campaign? Some confused redneck is going to pop off when he can't "vote the colored" out THIS November.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2015 4:12 AM

Please, they just decided on her bumper sticker design today.

Give a sister a chance to get her shit together.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2015 4:12 AM

He won't endorse anybody. Even if Biden runs. Not a President's place to do that.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2015 4:15 AM

Presidents don't endorse in a primary but somehow I think OP knew that.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2015 4:22 AM

He can endorse anybody he wants, R8. We all know why he hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2015 5:13 AM

Clinton was expected to endorse Al Gore, but after the scandal, he distanced himself. They always said that that was one major mistake.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2015 5:58 AM

OP HUH!? Why... not necessary for Obama to do at this stage of the game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2015 6:01 AM

R10, perhaps. Gore did terribly in the South where Clinton could have come in handy in helping diffuse Dubya's charm. Gore still won the election anyway. As for Obama, he is probably staying mum because Biden has his eye on running as well. I hope that unlike Gore, whoever the nominee is this time utilizes the president on the campaign trail. Obama has been a good president, and he is an excellent campaigner that will be very useful and influential during the general.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2015 7:57 AM

Barry likes Biden

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2015 8:20 AM

She's likeable enough.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2015 8:34 AM

[quote]Obama has been a good president, and he is an excellent campaigner that will be very useful and influential during the general.

Not really. Obama's approval ratings are in the tank. Worse than Bush now.

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2015 8:46 AM

R15, you are wrong. Obama's approval rating is 46% this August compared to 33% for Bush in his third August after re-election .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2015 10:13 AM

What the hell is wrong with idiots like R15? Why are they so misinformed and why do they push blatant lies so brazenly like that when anyone with an internet connection can look up what they say and see how wrong they are nearly instantly?

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2015 4:03 PM

Of course he will. He has to hand over all his Wall Street, Corp, top 1%, drug and insurance company, lobbyist bribing to Hillary. He has to make sure the person, Sanders, who only works for the average and poor person will never become POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2015 4:47 PM

(rolling eyes at R18)

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2015 4:50 PM

Obama is never, ever going to let the first female president overshadow his legacy. Bill will never let Hillary eclipse his legacy. She is too fucking dumb to realize the counting on her enemies.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2015 5:13 PM

Endorsing Hillary is not part of Obama's Six-Step Plan. She'll be outta the race by election time. Jimmy Carter came out of nowhere, so did Obama, This time someone we're not thinking will kick Hill to the curb again.

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2015 5:40 PM

[quote]What the hell is wrong with idiots like [R15]? Why are they so misinformed and why do they push blatant lies so brazenly like that when anyone with an internet connection can look up what they say and see how wrong they are nearly instantly?

See link from an "internet connection". Now don't YOU feel stupid, R17?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2015 5:51 PM

R22, did you not see the statistics above that PROVE YOU WRONG?

BTW, Obama's approval ratings are also higher than Reagans.

Never mind that anyone having a favorable view of Dubbya is just a fucking moron. He was the worst president ever, in every category, and an utter disaster for this country and it's people.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2015 6:46 PM

R23 did you not see the CNN link above that PROVES YOU ARE WRONG as well as IGNORANT? R16 gave statistic of standings between Bush and Obama at their third August after re-election. But R15 clearly said Bush "NOW". It has nothing to do with anyone having a favorable view of Bush or anyone. It was just a factual statement. Quit digging your hole bigger than it already is. You have made a fool of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2015 7:11 PM

Sorry, R23, but R15 was right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2015 7:15 PM

It's a meaningless comparison. Obama is still a much more popular president than Bush was during his presidency.

Bush is out of the public eye now, his current approval ratings are meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2015 7:15 PM

R24, you think ONE poll proves anything? Seriously? Are you fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2015 7:17 PM

No, R25, he's not. Sorry. That story is complete bullshit, and so is that poll.

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2015 7:18 PM

Ok, CNN, Yahoo, NBC, CBS and every single news source is "bullshit". I understand. Facts can be stubborn things.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2015 7:23 PM

R29, you probably believed all the polls that showed Romney winning in a landslide, didn't you?

(and multiple news organizations reporting off of the same single poll is not "multi-sourced", dipshit)

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2015 7:30 PM

Never seen such vile hatred of simple facts. Is your bubble world you live in that fragile, R30? I suggest your broaden your mind and listen to more than one news source. Ignorance is not bliss.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2015 7:36 PM

I'll be voting absentee in the 2016 race for POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2015 7:38 PM

I've never seen someone cite an OPINION POLL of a small subset of people (with likely flawed, unscientific methodology) as if it were a FACT.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2015 7:40 PM

The Obamas and Clintons don't much like each other. Bill felt that an Obama endorsement was "due" them for going all-out for him both times; however, O felt differently, and Bill has come to feel that perhaps it might be a net plus for her to distance herself from him as much as possible to win white votes in places like OH and PA.

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2015 7:45 PM

Then I suggest you don't know what the word fact means, R33. The "fact" at issue was what people's recent opinion was of Bush and Obama. A poll indicated that opinion, That is a fact. The only one offered so far.

by Anonymousreply 35August 16, 2015 7:46 PM

Pretty much every president's favorability rating rises after they've left office. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, after all. A more fair comparison would be to look at Bush's approval ratings three years into his second term compared to Obama's.

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2015 7:57 PM

R5 Ben Carson is right behind Trump. Odd. All of those racist Republicans must have missed the color of his skin.

by Anonymousreply 37August 16, 2015 8:16 PM

I thought is was common knowledge that Obama hates the Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2015 12:50 AM

R37 ... Ann Coulter has said "our blacks" are okay.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2015 1:53 AM

[quote] Clinton was expected to endorse Al Gore, but after the scandal, he distanced himself. They always said that that was one major mistake.

No, the one major mistake was allowing Bush to steal an election he never won.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2015 1:59 AM

[quote] Jimmy Carter came out of nowhere, so did Obama,

I wasn't alive during Carter's presidency, but I do know for a fact that Obama DIDN'T COME OUT OF NOWHERE. I only became politically inclined after 9/11, when I was 21. I didn't even bother voting in my first presidential election in 2000. Not that my abstinence mattered. I'm in MA and the state went to Gore. Still, it took a national tragedy for me to 'lose my innocence,' as it were. Seriously, I can look back at my life pre- and post-9/11. Life seemed too simple until then.

Anyway, by 2004, I was wellaware, politically. That year, Obama first made a name for himself when he won the Illinois nomination for Senator. He seemed to come out of nowhere then. He was also affable and charismatic, which started people wondering fantastically about his presidential chances. As a result, his 1995 memoir, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER, was re-released, which became a bestseller. In August, he gave the keynote speech at the DNC for Kerry. This gave him more national exposure and started getting people excited about a possible presidential run. I remember this being mentioned in the write-ups the day afterward. Then in November, he won his Senate election by a landslide, which just put him in a better position., By the time he announced his candidacy in February 2007, he had been groomed by the Democratic establishment. It's no wonder that they easily backed him up. Even the Kennedys, who were expected to endorse Hillary because of their close connections, backed Obama.

So, no, he didn't come out of nowhere. People try to compare Sanders to him, but it's not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2015 2:18 AM

Obama became a national star and household name the moment after his wonderful keynote speech at the 2004 DNC ended. My then-82 year old black grandmother from the Deep South leaned in to me, smiled, and said she feels it in her bones that Obama will be the next president We all laughed uncontrollably at her cute prediction.

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2015 5:08 AM

R35 is laughably biased and naïve. Why is it so IMPORTANT to you for a single biased poll to hold so much meaning that you harp on it like this? Even though polls have been prove to be wrong before... like all those polls that showed Romney winning in a landslide.

Do you not recognize when you're being manipulated by the corporate media?

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2015 5:35 AM

Why is it so important to you, R43, that the poll be wrong? You only believe polls that confirm what you want to hear? That's the mistake the Romney supporters made in those very polls you noted.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2015 1:22 AM

Don't worry r19, r18 never votes.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2015 3:49 AM

I would bet money on the fact that Barack and Michelle both personally loathe Bill and Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2020 12:48 AM

[bold]R46 = BUMP CUNT TROLL WHO WILL DIE A TERRIBLE AND PAINFUL DEATH SOON!!!![/bold] [bold]R46 = BUMP CUNT TROLL WHO WILL DIE A TERRIBLE AND PAINFUL DEATH SOON!!!![/bold]

[bold]R46 = BUMP CUNT TROLL WHO WILL DIE A TERRIBLE AND PAINFUL DEATH SOON!!!![/bold] [bold]R46 = BUMP CUNT TROLL WHO WILL DIE A TERRIBLE AND PAINFUL DEATH SOON!!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2020 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!