Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My ingrate sister has ceased all contact with our elderly mother

Because she doesn't agree with the way Mother handled her "molestation" over 30 years ago.

Quite frankly, I think Mother handled it expertly. She simply had our uncle go to the neighbor's house, tell him we knew what he had done, that it was inappropriate, and that he was not allowed in our home again. No scene was created, but the point was put across.

My sister feels (who, Mother points out, was always running around half-dressed, which probably enticed the young man) that Mother should've gone to the police and pressed charges. Mother isn't the type to do that.

After years of listening to my sister whine about this, Mother finally told her what's what. And now my sister isn't speaking to her, or to me, since I told her I thought she was acting like a spoiled brat and needs to get over it. Mother is 75 years old and in poor health. I can't believe she wants to put her through this nonsense in her last years.

I mean, what kind of child cuts off her elderly parent, no matter the reason?

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2020 3:00 AM

Mary!

And please, "Mother" this and "Mother" that.

I hope your sister cuts you off too, you are a dinosaur on gender politics.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2015 10:37 PM

OP, you've posted this before. Why the repeat?

Your sister has a right to feel what she feels. So does your mother. You've probably exacerbated rather than mitigating the situation. You and your mother are both shaming the sister into thinking how she dressed caused the molestation. I hope you're smart enough to know that's not true.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2015 10:38 PM

This has to be an EST.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2015 10:42 PM

What is this "gender politics" malarkey?

R2, my sister was practically a teenager when this occurred. Mother never could talk any sense into her regarding the way she dresses, and can't understand why my sister is unable to comprehend simple cause and effect. Mother thinks she's a bit "goofy" and has expressed to me that she feels a little ashamed of my sister's disposition and sometimes feels that perhaps she held her too much as a baby.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2015 10:44 PM

1/10 OP, it's much too OTT to be believed. You're trying like hell but give it a rest, hon.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2015 10:46 PM

Seems to me one of the siblings was dropped on his or her head, not held too much. (Clue: not the sister.)

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2015 10:49 PM

Why is this any of your business, OP?

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2015 10:51 PM

She made it my business by attempting to get me to side with her against our aged mother. And now poor Mother's nerves are quite frayed by all this, so she turns to me for solace.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2015 10:53 PM

Mother tells me to be gentle with the dolls when I remove them from the curio cabinets. Sometimes I get so mad at Mother that I want to be rough with the dolls and hurt them, but I shan't dare.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2015 10:54 PM

It is almost impossible to hold a baby too much.

It does not matter how provocatively a minor is dressed, adults cannot use them for their own sexual needs. Period.

Your whole family is fucked up, especially you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2015 10:54 PM

Mother, make these horrid beastly bullies stop spouting their malarkey at me! Mother, tell them if they wish to make me cry, I shan't!

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2015 10:55 PM

What is an EST?

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2015 10:56 PM

Hope it's an EST, R10? Are you blind?

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2015 10:56 PM

[quote]Mother thinks she's a bit "goofy" and has expressed to me that she feels a little ashamed of my sister's disposition and sometimes feels that perhaps she held her too much as a baby.

You were doing okay with the trolling, but then you had to tip your hand way, way too much with this.

When will the clumsy ESTs ever realize: LESS is MORE.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2015 10:58 PM

[quote]my sister was practically a teenager when this occurred

Does this mean she was 12 or that she actually reached 13?

[quote]Mother points out, was always running around half-dressed, which probably enticed the young man

Please describe how the 12 or 13 year old was "half-dressed." Shorts and a sleeveless shirt in summer as opposed to wearing long sleeves and ankle-concealing clothing like the Duggar girls? Oh wait, the Duggar girls also got themselves molested while young.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2015 10:58 PM

I'm not the guy who writes THIS NEVER HAPPENED, but judging by the creative writing here, I call bullshit.

Also, what does OTT mean?

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2015 11:00 PM

When did this Elaborate Scenario supposedly happen?

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2015 11:02 PM

R10, Mother is of the school of thought that believes showering too much affection on an infant or a child will spoil him. Better to allow them to "cry things out." It builds character. Mother has shared that my sister cried so very much, and Mother was always so tender-hearted that she couldn't resist picking her up sometimes.

I was a much more agreeable baby.

Also, when a pubescent girl parades around in her panties in front of an adolescent boy, the boy's hormones sometimes overtake his good sense. Mother was never able to get my sister to comprehend that, and Mother cannot understand do how my sister can still not get it, even after enduring the (no doubt frightful) consequences of her actions.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2015 11:03 PM

EST: Elaborate Scenario Troll

OTT: Off the topic

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2015 11:03 PM

Too, too, too, too much, r18/OP.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2015 11:04 PM

EST perhaps but creepy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2015 11:07 PM

Mother, may I sleep with danger?

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2015 11:09 PM

R15, she was about 12, and very well-developed. She wore very short shorts outdoors, which were barely appropriate for inside. Mother tried to convey to my sister that she might attract unwanted attention, but my sister does not comprehend anything that is expressed with subtlety or discretion.

She has always been the source of heartache and worry for Mother. Mother and I have always been closer because we're more simpatico. My sister has always been jealous of this, but has made no efforts toward understanding how Mother sees things, or towards developing a more refined character. She's a bull in a china shop.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2015 11:15 PM

Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2015 11:18 PM

"OTT" is not Off The Topic, it's Over The Top.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2015 11:23 PM

I'm loving this OP. I applaud the use of "simpatico". I think imaginary sister to be a ne'er do well hussy; a veritable strumpet. Mother must be most vexed. Get her some chamomile tea, dear. That should soothe her nerves.

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2015 12:08 AM

No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing your sister in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!

And then what, after supper? Music? Whispers?

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2015 12:15 AM

Extremely Sad Tale

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2015 12:33 AM

Pretty Purple Prose

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2015 12:34 AM

[quote] (who, Mother points out, was always running around half-dressed, which probably enticed the young man)

THAT alone tells volumes. Your mother has justified pedophilia everywhere, including the violation of her own daughter. So, the victim was asking for it. I can almost cut your mother some slack due to her advanced age and archaic beliefs. But, you, OP ought to know better. If a gang of punks ass rape you one day, it was probably the way you were dressed which invited them to plug your bum.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2015 12:46 AM

R27, I said Parcheesi, Mother, we're playing Parcheesi! You and nephew will play with sister and me. I am stating my boundaries, Mother.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2015 1:51 AM

Mother, Elliot and I have broken our engagement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2015 1:54 AM

R30 is too fucking stupid and clueless to post here. This is why Michfesters and their ilk do not belong on the DL.

Go away harridans and harpies, you have no sense of humor, you cannot detect sarcasm, satire or irony and you're soul-crushingly boring.

Begone!

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2015 2:09 AM

Norman, are you OP? You wicked boy, come to mother.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2015 2:16 AM

Since OP hoarded all the opportunities to massage mother's cankles and braid the hair under her chin, sister had no choice but to put on her hot pants, paint her face in the manner of a wicked city woman, and entice the neighbor for sexual relief

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2015 2:37 AM

MAMA'S DEAD JOEY! MAMA'S DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2015 2:43 AM

Relax, OP. Sis pisses off elderly mom. Cuts her out of her life - and mom cuts sis out of her will.

it's a win situation for you.

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2015 2:53 AM

You're horrible and your mom is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2015 2:56 AM

It's not Mother, OP.

When she taught you to call her Mommie Dearest, she wanted you to MEAN IT.

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2015 2:57 AM

Well damn, OP, Uncle didn't even give you a second glance. You've resented that forever. He didn't even notice you in your short, tight white shorts with your teeny tiny package showing so invitingly. I'm so sorry.

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2015 2:57 AM

R33 is off her meds.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2015 2:59 AM

If this is for real OP you need to get a clue!

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2015 5:58 AM

It was probably the only drama your sister ever had...so she is reliving it.

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2015 6:08 AM

R40 What gave you the impression he wanted his uncle?

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2020 2:55 AM

The 2015 troll strikes again!

Move along people... there's nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2020 3:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!