Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KY has officially made Sex unsexy.

Am I the only one who loathes the KY commercials? They always have some worn-out, totally non sexy hetero couple in Lanz of Salzburg pajamas, talking about sex as if they're talking about changing the ink cartridges at work. They actually depress me. I feel depressed for our society after I see them. It's like the life is just being sucked out of everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2020 7:46 AM

KY is terrible lube. No doubt bought by couples who have terrible sex.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2015 7:54 PM

R1 It's possible nothing else needs to be said.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2015 7:56 PM

When I first say the subject line my first thought was "Duh. Kentucky is inherently an unsexy place."

I usually mute commercials so I didn't hear the dialogue. I was surprised it was for KY, not only because the scene is so unsexy, but the couple looks too young to be using KY unless she's gone through premature menopause. I guess the thought of a middle aged or older couple might make viewers squeamish?

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2015 7:59 PM

R3 Look up these ads and endure the most soul-sucking 20 seconds of your life. I actually feel bad for anyone who's about toi have sex, after watching these. They would be a great abstinence conditioning tool.

what do you mean, Kentucky isn't hot? If this Kentuckian was selling KY, people would be buying enough to use as body lotion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2015 8:05 PM

[quote]what do you mean, Kentucky isn't hot?

Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell and the general conservative nature of the state make me feel queasy. On the other end of the political spectrum, Ashley Judd makes me feel queasy.

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2015 8:22 PM

Why would any gay man use KY? .. Too cheap or embarrassed to go buy some real lube, so they steal it from grandma's underwear drawer believing she won't notice?

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2015 9:05 PM

I agree! Disgusting. Like watching your parents talking about keeping "the spark" alive or something. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2015 9:42 PM

I house sat for grad school adviser and his wife. The were both in their early to mid sixties. I slept in their room which had a platform bed. There was a tube of KY wedged between the mattress and the edge of the platform and wall. Ugh. He also had a stack of '80s Playboys in his study. One featured the women of MENSA. Double ugh.

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2015 9:51 PM

OP, So which daytime soap operas do you watch, and do you have a favorite one?

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2015 10:43 PM

R9 I see these at night. I'd be more understanding if they were daytime ads.

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2015 10:45 PM

R9, I just saw one of these ads on the Chiller (horror) channel. They come on here all the time. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2015 10:47 PM

I find these commercials reeking of desperation for what people remember as hot sex in their youth when anything or nothing would do just fine. The whole scenario looks forced. Just get it done and pretend. Pity those that run out and expect their partners to perform like there's no tomorrow because they saw it on a commercial. Really, if any couple hasn't already experienced warm/cool sex aids it's already a lost cause. Agree, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2015 12:36 AM

That definitely doesn't look like a couple that has sex, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2020 5:40 AM

I like KY the best, back when it was still marketed as a general lube and not for wink wink sexual purposes.

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2020 6:16 AM

Boring or not, it’s reflective of real life.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2020 7:22 AM

If ky is bad lube then what's a good lube brand?

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2020 7:42 AM

^ Pretty much any lube whose ad campaign impressed you. There's none better than a basic surgical lube like KY.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2020 7:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!