Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Snob (1958)

The Snob. Hurting everyone, herself, her parents, her friends, other people. What makes Sarah act the way she does? Is it a cover-up for some lack she feels in herself? [italic]Can[/italic] a friend like Ron help in any way? Is the group justified in judging everything Sarah does as snobbery? What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2020 5:50 PM

Sarah is either going to stalk Bill (if he's in her program or major), become a serial killer and take out the entire senior class or she'll become the school slut and let Ron and his friends run a train on her .....

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2015 6:14 PM

So hated by her peers, Sarah changed her name to Frieda and transferred to another school, where she failed to fit in AGAIN and became known as 'The Gossip'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2015 6:23 PM

I once heard Ken Smith, who is the world's expert on those social guidance films put out in the Fifties by Coronet, give a very moving introduction to "The Snob" where he brought his dog-and-pony show of these films to my city. He pointed out that the actress who plays Sarah was the best among the Coronet teenage actors, and that her situation at the end of the film is very moving--she seems to suggest the individualist who wants to resist Fifties conformity (and let's face it, the popular boy she disdains is kind of a jerk).

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2015 6:31 PM

That girl is such a loser.

At her first school, she called herself Susan Jane and she was so shy and awkward and paranoid. They called her 'The Outsider' at that school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2015 6:50 PM

She's less snobby, entitled, and bitchy than the average American woman of 2020 IMO.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 4:34 AM

[quote]He pointed out that the actress who plays Sarah was the best among the Coronet teenage actors

"The Snob," "The Outsider," "The Gossip" ...

Did she ever just do one omnibus performance called "The Cunt"?

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2020 5:48 AM

LOL, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2020 5:51 AM

“The outsider“ — FFS, what was this school, Jack Kerouac High?

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 5:58 AM

I love the look on her face.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 6:09 AM

Here’s her IMDb page. She’s on Facebook and is retired but posts pretty regularly and is very liberal. I think it would be fun to do a panel discussion on those movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 6:13 AM

I see another DOCTOR Amy Bishop situation in the works.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 6:16 AM

Ah...the time when all the teenagers where white, and in their thirties.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 6:24 AM

[quote] Ah...the time when all the teenagers where white, and in their thirties.

It wasn’t so long ago. BH90210 was the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 6:26 AM

That girl in OP's thumbnail looks like Dana Plato in a black wig.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2020 6:30 AM

R13 you got my Roger reference. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2020 6:37 AM

Agree r5

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2020 6:40 AM

All the boys were cute - Sarah better wise up and get some of that.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 6:47 AM

The boys who are still alive are old, fat grandpas now.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2020 7:14 AM

I couldn’t help how funny the MST3K guys would have been rifting on this until we found out not one but two of them are Rumplovers.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2020 10:02 AM

That's how repressed lesbianism manifested itself in the 1950s and early 60s.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2020 2:25 PM

I'm #TeamSarah! Even though she was clearly just frustrated because she wanted to fuck Bill. I do think she could have been nicer to the others in her peer group though, she seemed to mostly have a problem (well... a fixation) with him, but took it out on everyone. It does seem she was nice once upon a time.

I would let Rob fuck me in the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2020 5:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!