Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tired of "mooncups," ladies? Try "free-bleeding"

The latest trend in periods is just lettin' your clothes soak it all up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2020 8:25 AM

Let Your Love Flow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2015 9:58 PM

Gahhh

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2015 10:00 PM

September 2015, in the Michigan woods. A hunter examines the ground.

"Looks like an animal was wounded here," he tells his hunting companion.

"Naw," the companion replies, "they had that Michfest thing here last month."

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2015 10:12 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2015 10:16 PM

-----

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2015 10:23 PM

The smell of period juice makes me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2015 12:37 AM

This is women abusing other women. Marketing a shitty product that fails.

Think of the children! Think of public decorum! Think of the stank!

I am surprised womyn haven't made a fuss to go back to bleeding huts. "Private womyn's spaces" in towns and cities where womyn can "free bleed" and gross each other out. Wouldn't womyn just love that?

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2015 2:01 AM

Gahhhh!

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2015 2:52 AM

This could not have been invented by a woman.

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2015 2:56 AM

I swear 4chan invented this to see if feminists would pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2015 3:02 AM

Wtf is up with all these rag time threads these days! Enough

by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2015 3:17 AM

No women is going to wreck her fancy underwear, fancy pants or skirt, and fancy shoes. Let alone the sofa, area rug, car seat, bus seat, office chair, carpet...

As far as moon huts go, the floor would have to be vinyl. Pretty much anything else would get wrecked. Women care about stuff getting wrecked or dirtied because they're the ones cleaning it up. No guy is picking that up. On the plus side, I'd take off a week per month to lie in bed and browse the Internet. Preferably with servants to bring food since otherwise I'd drip all over the kitchen too.

Some guy made this up.

by Anonymousreply 12August 6, 2015 4:39 AM

I read about underwear like this in the context of getting hygienic supplies to girls and women in Africa who have no access to pads or tampons. Their periods force them to stay home and miss school, so cheap reusable supplies help them stay in school. Many can't use the cup because they have very limited access to water and soap for washing it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2015 5:14 AM

"Free bleeding" started out as a fabricated meme started by the homophobic misogynist basement dwellers at 4Chan as a joke to see how far it would spread so they could mock any woman who was stupid enough to take it seriously, whether she agreed with it or not. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2015 5:19 AM

GAHHHH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2015 5:27 AM

Sea Urchins are a natural tampon.

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2015 5:28 AM

Pine cones become quite pliable and absorbent once inserted and provide a fresh outdoorsy scent. They are truly nature's tampon.

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2015 5:37 AM

Lol r17

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2015 5:39 AM

Gay dude bro here, wondering who exactly started this thread and who are all the people responding to it.

by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2015 5:45 AM

Free bleeders, I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2015 6:04 AM

Ar MichFest, we use birchbark to staunch Mother Luna's flow.

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2015 6:06 AM

Squat and bleed in Mother Earth.

by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2015 6:27 AM

I started my period unexpectedly while hiking a 20 mile trail through Yellowstone. I had to stuff shedded bison hair between my legs.

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2015 6:40 AM

I have a heavy flow. There is no way in hell I could go without pads/tampons. I prefer to use pads and I have to use night pads during the day because of my heavy flow. Yeah.. I know.. TMI but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2015 6:53 AM

I can't believe were talking about this on Data lounge! All the boys are probably freaking out. On another note I just got my diva cup today! I couldn't wait to stick it up my twat! But I'm having a little trouble with it.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2015 7:09 AM

How did you ever come across this article, OP?

If anyone read the comments, it's apparent the author ignored the instructions that came with the panties. Apparently, they're supposed to be used in conjunction with other sanitary products. Which makes this all the more gross.

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2015 7:39 AM

Who did women deal with it in the olden days, before the mass-produced paraphernalia?

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2015 8:01 AM

Dykes have periods?

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2015 8:10 AM

During WWI, Army nurses started using gauze pads. After the war, a company started selling them commercially as sanitary napkins. I think it was Kotex.

Before that, they used to make pads out of cotton rags, wash them and re-use them. There's a company now that makes them, Gladrags.

They're made out of flannel and terry cloth, basically cloth covers that you can insert several pads inside. I bet they're really bulky. And leaky.

I can't even imagine using them on the heaviest days, or carrying used ones around at school or work. They have an oilcloth pouch to carry them in, but they would smell, particularly in the heat. God forbid a dog smells your purse. I think the whole thing would smell horrific, and be like wearing a wet diaper. But great for the staying home in the moon hut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2015 11:18 AM

At least she's not a liar like some female celebritites

by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2015 11:21 AM

I'm so glad I'm going through perimenopause- periods are indeed a curse. 35 years of bleeding- buh bye.

by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2015 12:15 PM

I went back and read OP's original article. The writer claims sanitary napkins usually fall out of his/her/its underwear.

Women know that would never happen, because these days all but the very lightest panty liners come with "wings," which are flaps that wrap around and underneath the sides of the crotch of your underwear with heavy adhesive. You have to peel it off, it's not just falling off. It's actually wrapped most of the way around, or sometimes entirely around. That sucker's not going anywhere.

Then the writer claims they bought "period underwear," which are basically regular underwear with a little liner in them to prevent leaks, and wore no sanitary products at all. Nobody would even try such a thing unless they did it at home, alone. Blood clots would run down your pant legs and end up on the floor. You would end up leaving a trail like a snail. Maybe people can do this in the African bush, but not at Goldman Sachs.

I'm guessing it was written by an MTF who thinks they're a "real woman now."

by Anonymousreply 32August 6, 2015 2:08 PM

Suuuuure, women are thinking of doing this. Maybe the male troglodyte who wants to defecate freely came up with the idea.

by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2015 2:28 PM

It's just another example of a shitty freelance writer seeing something online and immediately thinking, "How can I turn this into attention for myself, even if it's bad and embarrassing attention?"

I love the internet but it's responsible for a lot of cultural crap, you have to admit.

by Anonymousreply 34August 6, 2015 3:30 PM

It's happened to me r33.

by Anonymousreply 35August 6, 2015 3:31 PM

This is a disgusting public health hazard. If you want to go base Victorian, you can hide away in your house for the entire time and not see visitors. Don't pick and choose what parts of "authentic" you're willing to follow.

by Anonymousreply 36August 6, 2015 3:43 PM

Victorian women wore washable cloth pads. They weren't going around dripping everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 37August 6, 2015 4:04 PM

[quote]Who did women deal with it in the olden days, before the mass-produced paraphernalia?

My mother said that they used flannel rags fastened to their underwear with safety pins. This was back in the old country where her rural family didn't have indoor plumbing, so they had to wash them out either at the hand pump in front of the house or in a nearby river if it was warm enough. It's how they washed all their clothes even in freezing temperatures. This was back in the 1940s

by Anonymousreply 38August 6, 2015 4:09 PM

When I had my first period, I was staying with an elderly woman who only had old pads. They were like gauze pads with a long gauze tail front and back. These were fastened with safety pins or a belt. I'm guessing they were circa 1950's-60s.

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2015 4:14 PM

If your body can have a period then get the fuck off the DL!!!

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2015 5:24 PM

[quote]I started my period unexpectedly while hiking a 20 mile trail through Yellowstone. I had to stuff shedded bison hair between my legs.

This sounds so awesome.

by Anonymousreply 41August 6, 2015 5:33 PM

You won't catch this proud Nubian princess free-bleeding over her freshly laundered Michfest kanga. Uh uh. No fucking way sistahs.

by Anonymousreply 42August 6, 2015 5:46 PM

I have to ask - did shredded bison hair work?

by Anonymousreply 43August 6, 2015 6:59 PM

The trend continues to spread!

[bold]A Woman Ran A Marathon Without A Tampon To Take A Stand Against Period-Shaming[/bold]

[quote]“To me, period-shaming is when you – as someone who is experiencing the bleeding – have to make somebody else comfortable before yourself,” she told BuzzFeed News.

Photos of her bloody V encased in Lycra running pants at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2015 5:19 PM

"I'm not clicking on this link...I'm not clicking on this link...."

I'll just scan it....it's obviously a parody site...AHHHHHHH!!!! Massive TMI Alert!! And it's real!!

Mother of God!!! Why do I do this to myself?

by Anonymousreply 45August 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Tired of hearing about PERIODS.

Cmon menopause, cmon already.

by Anonymousreply 46August 10, 2015 5:35 PM

Women are gross.

by Anonymousreply 47August 10, 2015 5:42 PM

Women don't have any choice in the matter when it comes to having periods, R47.

This free bleeding stuff though is pointless. It can't be comfortable or hygienic, and didn't last generation's feminists already deal with the sexism regarding periods?

by Anonymousreply 48August 10, 2015 6:28 PM

Off to google "moon cups" . . . I can't even imagine what that is

by Anonymousreply 49August 10, 2015 7:16 PM

R49 Check out the numerous MichFest threads, where they are frequently mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 50August 10, 2015 7:18 PM

I tried it once..after taking a huge cock. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

by Anonymousreply 51August 10, 2015 7:19 PM

Modern women are so lazy.

by Anonymousreply 52June 10, 2020 4:57 AM

This is an odd subject for a gay male site!

by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2020 8:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!