Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WENTWORTH ...........BETTER Than Orange Is The New Black

More serious ..........Available on Netflix ........and NO ONE IS SELLING USED PANTIES in Season Three

Worth its own thread. Discuss

Fans of the original (campy) series 'Prisoner Cell Block H' will appreciate the backstories and the way they switch up many of the original characters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Prison guard Matt Fletcher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2015 11:44 PM

Prison guard Will Jackson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2015 11:47 PM

You're playing Wenty off against a bunch of Lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2015 11:48 PM

Season Four is set to air in March 2016 ........and season three set up a great new enemy for Bea Smith

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2015 11:50 PM

Is the DL Oz accent phobic ?

#australianaccentsdontmattermate

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2015 10:48 PM

Unité 9, a French-Canadian women's prison show that premiered in 2012 and is about to start its fourth season, is better than either of those shows. I've been watching it on Netflix Canada with English subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2015 12:17 AM

Season 4 is back!

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2016 9:46 PM

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ................... I started this thread !

Excited to see Bea face off against the man hater lady that she ratted out for murder.

And to see how Frankie does on the outside with her new girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2016 9:50 PM

This doesn't come close to being as entertaining as Prisoner was.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2016 9:53 PM

I also don't understand why didn't they give the character new names instead of trying to tie them in with the old series?

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2016 9:55 PM

Just finished watching it, slow start but by the time your done you remember why this IS the best show and fuck me I have to wait another week for more!

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2016 9:59 PM

Two episodes in to season four and it is sooooooooooooo good. Between Cass and Joan Ferguson, Bea and Vera are going to both have their work cut out for them this season.

I miss Fletcher ... I hope he comes back. He was a good match with Vera.

Wentworth has been much more consistent than Orange, which jumped the shark in season three with Piper's panty sales and everything else.

Maybe Blair Brown as 'Martha Stewart' can help bring back season four.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2016 12:39 AM

I was riveted by the first two seasons. Season three was good until the finale, which was so ridiculous that it jumped the shark in multiple ways. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, yet it had many "Oh, come ON! Seriously?!" moments.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2016 12:51 AM

Is Wenty in this?

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2016 1:08 AM

What color is wnty's asshole though?

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2016 1:08 AM

Anybody been watching this season?

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2016 6:05 PM

I was able to see the first 4 free but now episode 5 is not available. In the states we got to wait till november for it to hit netflix.

I am re-watching from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2016 7:26 PM

I'm catching the new season. It is really good. Joan Ferguson is a scheming nutjob. And she's lining up her puppets.

Must see TV.

I am hoping Orange Is The New Black has a rebound for season four.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2016 8:44 PM

just found this show this past spring. it's awesome! so much better than OITNB

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2016 2:54 AM

The actress who plays Joan is amazing! I'm up to date with season 4 and it started slow, but is great now.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2016 3:28 AM

This season is really good. The episode that ended in the kitchen was like most shows' season ender. Am very interested to see what happens with Hallie and Cass now (Cass especially since she was played by Joan).

I'm surprised Vera was dumb enough to go there with the new guard (cute enough, but I liked Fletcher better)

Also Will Jackson has gone off the rails this season. Digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Will be interesting to see if they're able to keep Joan Ferguson beyond this season. Hard to see them keeping her there as a prisoner. Certainly not giving her that job back. I have a sense she'll be a season ender mystery (maybe in a coma to return later, but a whodoneit about who tried to kill her)

I hope Maxie is okay. A lot of great characters on the show.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2016 5:50 PM

Season one was great but as the seasons go on, not so much for me. The plots started becoming unbelieveable. The acting is top notch, don't have any complaints there at all. Don't want to spoil anything for anyone so won't go into what I found disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2016 11:04 AM

Vera is such a mess and I really hope it doesn't all blow up in her face like it seems it's going to this season. The actress (Kate Atkinson) who plays her does an absolutely remarkable job though. Her development from season 1 is amazing. I'm also concerned for Frankie messing things up for herself as she gets involved in Ferguson's shit.

Will Jackson is indeed a mess but I find him so hot that humiliation scene really did it for me. Also loving Boomer's development this season, another case where the actress (Katrina Milosevic) has undergone a pretty drastic transformation for the role. On the other hand I am absolutely hating Doreen more than ever.

I am sick of the Allie drama and Kaz Proctor as well when there are more interesting fish to fry... what is going on with this new guard and will he align himself with Ferguson? What were they hinting at with Gidget 'not being a mother'? Will Sigrid Thornton's Martha Stewart esque character reveal to Liz that she knows what she's up to? Who is going to die at the end of this season?

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2016 5:12 PM

HOLY FUCK ...................that is Sigrid Thorton ?? Really ?? She was on the original Prisoner Cell Block H (as Roslyn, I think)

Wow. Didn't even see that at all.

I think they're setting up the new guard as next season's bad guy (SPOILERS >>>>> SPOILERS >>>>> SPOILERS)

I'm sure he kept a copy of that Will video ............ and I'm sure he recorded his fingerbanging session with Vera (really ..........she's a mess too, she should know better) ............. and he gave Will a pill while at the bar .......... you know a drug test is coming. Either that or he IS gay and Will wakes up in bed with him. He's probably going to blackmail Vera to be her assistant warden.

I'm having a sense that it is all going to go bad by the end of the season (two more episodes) --- I think Hallie will get caught in the cross fire between Cass and Bea .......

Not sure how they're going to keep Joan around for more episodes (or if they're even going to try)

I also like Frankie outside of the prison ........ they used her sparingly this year and there's enough drama in prison without her. Just let her pop up every few episodes. It would be nice to have one person do well on the outside.

Are they really going to lame out with Doreen not confronting Cass (now that her boyfriend took the baby to Perth) ??? That's why I think (PREDICTION) ......... the season will end with Cass getting stabbed, Bea getting blamed ............ but Doreen doing it.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2016 9:36 PM

I think Sonia will put out a prison hit on Liz - she knows what Liz is up to.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2016 11:21 PM

R24 Yep!!! And the local media made a big deal about Sigrid's return and her being the only person on both Prisoner AND Wentworth... she's had a bit of plastic surgery around the time she played Judy Garland so she does look a bit different. But given her casting and the big deal around it, i'm sure she's going to become a more central character. R25 could be right, i'm expecting some big new drama shift from another direction.

The new guard for sure kept that video. I think you're right about the drug test (although i'd prefer the gay angle personally because there's so little male eye candy on the show) and probably blackmailing Vera eventually. I assumed Allie would die by season's end but now i'm not so sure. I definitely don't see her and Bea lasting as some couple. Your Doreen stabbing Kaz prediction is solid too, I do think Doreen is on the verge of doing something more bonkers. Even if it's not Bea getting blamed, i'm sure Liz or someone would cover so she can go and be with her baby and not extend her sentence. Only 2 or 3 more episodes this season to go! :)

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2016 5:06 PM

I agree with OP, Wentworth is a far better show than OITNB.

I'm trying to get through the new season of OITNB, I"m about 5 episodes in and I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2016 5:18 PM

Have we all seen the finale?

*SPOILERS*

Do we think you-know-who is really gone? This is one show where I can totally see them bringing her back (despite how unrealistic that is), but at the same time it would be a bold and interesting move. I don't know if the rest of the characters are enough to sustain the show inside prison though, with both her AND Frankie no longer in the prison. Kaz is not going to cut it, and even though Sonia seems like she has some interesting psycho elements (that remind me of Jess from last season), I think they're going to need more of a hero figure in the prison to maintain the structure.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2016 4:26 PM

Holey moley.

SPOILERS BELOW ............... SPOILERS BELOW ................ SPOILERS BELOW ............... SPOILERS BELOW ..........

Why does that season ender seem so familiar to me ? Am I wrong, or has it been done before ???

Anywhoooooo ................. the very end where they showed Bea, it certainly looked like she bled out.

And I don't think Ferguson will end up in that much trouble for what happened (even when Will was running out to her, he said 'Bea, what have you done ?' .........and I'm sure they were watching on cameras. At worst, Ferguson can claim self defense.

Since they showed Hallie is alive, I won't be surprised if they show Bea lived too. If they do, I'd expect perhaps a flash forward of six months or a year (allowing Bea time to heal).

Also, the new season could start with Ferguson back as warden (Ugh ........... I can't even see that happening in reality) and Cass ruling (badly ??) as top dog with drugs rampant due to Tina.

I was VERY nervous that Frankie was going to get caught with that gun (or shoot Ferguson when she was leaving), so I hope in the new season that gun is history and they just show Frankie 'raising' Shane. They have a nice chemistry together as friends.

The new guard definitely went full on darkside with the season finale. I have a feeling he's going to bring nothing but misery for poor Vera (how funny that she suspends Will for drug use while she's fucking her new temporary deputy warden !)

I'm on the fence about whether Sigrid Thorton's character is guilty now that Liz is onboard with lying about her confession. And that policeman giving Liz a kiss on the lips .........Ewwww. If she IS guilty and Liz testifies/lies ...... oh boy is she going to go batshit crazy on Liz.

This season went super fast. I have to think Bea will return. The show isn't prepared to lose their lead. If that happens, I would worry about season five and how they make up for the loss. Hallie being alive doesn't make sense otherwise (that is just cruel to let Bea die and Hallie live) ........

At least next season Ferguson will be torturing someone who deserves it (in addition to everyone else) ---- that rat bastard new guard, who swindled Vera, let Will fail a drug test, and murdered someone. That will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2016 5:49 PM

***SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS***

I just don't know how many more times they can rehash the 'Ferguson manipulating her way to power' routine. I really thought they would get rid of her now because she's too much of a big deal to NOT factor in somehow (she wants revenge on all of them) but it can't really go anywhere new. And maybe you were thinking of the Orange is the New black S1 finale cliffhanger where Piper kept punching / stabbing / attacking the Taryn Manning character? It does seem familiar.

I do wonder if Bea is actually dead though, she does have other commitments (like Rake which is also a hit). I hope she's not because like I said, with Frankie on the outside, I just don't think Liz and Boomer and Kaz etc. in there are enough to hold us. It would be a weird change of character, but I wonder if they'll make Allie return with a vicious vengeance for what happened to Bea. If I recall correctly, Bea herself was just a hairdresser who didn't take sides in prison before her daughter was murdered and she became the ruthless top dog. They DID give her a bigger 'finish' with her "I win" quote, and seemingly at peace with her decision, watching the seahorses in the clouds and thinking of Debbie. I can't imagine anyone surviving that... but I wouldn't put it past this rather exaggerated show. If they do kill her I can see Tina Mercado and Kaz getting into some sort of drama because they seem like the characters with the most room to build a story around right now (as far as the inmates). Them and Jake Stewart (I can't wait to see him get his comeuppance).

I think Sonia HAS to be guilty. The way they showed that closeup of her shaving Maxine and talking about ritual, symbolic head shavings (right after Liz and the cop discussing how her murdered daughter's head was shaved for no apparent reason) was too menacing and deliberate for it to just be a coincidence. I can see her becoming a more significant and manipulative character within the prison, I believe she's based on someone who was like that in the original 'Prisoner'.

I was also terrified for Frankie with the gun, I saw her going straight back to prison there. I know Nicole da Silva has a new show but she said she'd love to stay with Wentworth... hopefully they continue to follow her in Season 5. I'm liking her uncovering corruption on the outside and she did have good chemistry with Hunter Page Lochard. I feel bad for Vera... I just want her to win for once!! And I just want to see Will Jackson's butt.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2016 8:10 PM

That was a real 'holy shit' moment.

I can't see the show going on successfully without Bea, but I can't see how Bea could realistically survive that.

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2016 11:27 PM

Perhaps Allie will be so pissed that she will become a completely vicious, psycho and vengeful top dog

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2016 11:29 PM

OK, she really did die :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2016 11:34 PM

Yea, yea, yea ........... so did Jon Snow.

Easy enough to explain her early absence in the season (now that they've started filming) ..........

Hidden away to recover and later testify against Ferguson. There will probably be some proof Frankie can find on the outside tying Ferguson to that guy (especially if she stays close to Shane and has access to Ferguson's house)

Of course, Allie can still die in the season opener .......... just because she opened her eyes doesn't mean she survived.

If they have Allie come back as a 'tough guy', it will be just like when Doreen (in the original) came back after escaping with Frankie (who died during a police capture attempt) ---- Doreen was a bit slow and she came back trying to act tough like Frankie ............lasted about 1/3 of a season if that.

Agree that I'm not really all that invested in anyone except Maxine............. we'll see how the season starts.

I wish they'd let Bea kill off Ferguson before she 'died' ............ Ferguson can't keep 'winning' all the time (although she was quite the devil in the original as well)

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2016 12:27 AM

Bea died in the original so it's not without precedent.

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2016 3:09 AM

Seems like all the officials have confirmed her death. I also kinda hope they don't go the 'Allie coming back as a vengeful psycho' route. They weren't together long at all and Allie was in and out of drug withdrawals that whole time. It would make more sense for Maxine (who has little left to lose at this point) to kill her. Would they realistically even put Allie in the same prison? After getting a 'hot shot'? And that's IF she survives her severe injuries (breathing tube etc).

I think they're going to have to get some strong fresh blood this season and juice up Frankie's role again as well as the Sonia angle to maintain interest without the star. That Jess Warner character was a good example, she was a typical ingenue type but you could tell something was up with her from the start, they unraveled it slowly enough to give the audience that sense of intrigue (as she became more and more malicious). It's going to be hard to pick up the slack when you've lost the LEAD of a show who keeps it grounded while everyone else is more out-there (Boomer, Max, Sonia, that disgusting Juice). I wouldn't be surprised if Liz becomes quite central.

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2016 6:13 PM

They'll probably spend more time on the guard drama as well (Vera, Will, newb)

That article about the actress/Bea leaving described the new guy as 'bent' .................. normally that is slang for gay. Is the character bisexual or did they mean bent as 'off' ??

by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2016 6:57 PM

Maybe they've set up Doreen to go up against Cass since her shenanigans ended up getting Nash and the baby running off to Perth.

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2016 9:46 PM

In Australia and New Zealand, bent means corrupt, not gay. e.g. a bent cop.

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2016 11:08 PM

I really like Pamela Rabe but I do not like Ferguson's character this season.

by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2016 8:37 PM

Another prison drama with lesbians? Yawn. Call me when they make a new prison drama about GAY MEN.

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2016 9:55 PM

R35 ...... did you know they filmed an alternate ending to the final episode of the original 'Prisoner'

As Joan is getting into the car to be taken away to the new jail,, a van pulls up with new prisoners and Joan sees the first one get off the van ..... Bea Smith.

(actually, I think tht was a fan edited version f the ending, but I thought it would've been pretty interesting)

Jake The Snake (the Freak's 'hitman/Vera's boytoy) isn't that bad looking, but he's no Fletcher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2016 10:37 PM

The best looking guy on the show is still Mr. Jackson!! I wish we got to see more of him... I think they're going to have to introduce a lot of new prisoners, and beef up the Sonia drama this coming season.

On a side note I have been watching Tammy Macintosh (Kaz Proctor) on 'All Saints', a medical drama for which she is most known for (that also stars Celia Ireland/Liz Birdsworth, Nicole Da Silva/Frankie Doyle, Ally Fowler/Simmo, Libby Tanner/Gidget, and several other 'Wentworth' alums), and she is so different! Very warm, gentle, affable and sometimes heartbreaking. A total transformation from Kaz. This show has so many great actresses on it! I actually miss Pia Miranda as Jodie Spiteri (would love to see her come back and give the Freak a piece).

by Anonymousreply 43December 22, 2016 3:47 PM

Just binge watched season five on Netflix

SPOILERS .................... SPOILERS ................ SPOILERS ............. SPOILERS

Did I mention ............SPOILERS..............SPOILERS ..............SPOILERS ........... SPOILERS .........

You've been warned.

Overall, I was underwhelmed this season. Not really feeling the characters or storylines they are featuring.

Frankie --- hated that they placed her back in prison. Seemed trite that she was there again primarly as a romantic partner for Allie. I liked her better outside of prison and they could've kept her involved in the show even if the character was still outside.

Allie --- weak and ineffective. Showing her trying to 'take out' Ferguson just showed how pathetic she is. The wrong character died on the season four finale.

Cazz --- She's no Bea Smith and her being Top Dog was like Yoga Jones being in charge on OITNB. She was all kumbaya. And her sudden 'softening' and potential romance with Will was sickening and contrived. PLEASE put some make up on that poor thing.

Vera --- I like the character, but she needs to grow a bigger pair. She was totally torn to shreds this season and takes little to no action to retaliate. Instead she saves her mortal enemy to inflict more pain at a later date.

Will --- Shame on you for not showing your luscious shirtlessness ........but you were looking a little puffier so maybe you're not in your season one shape. Keep fighting the good fight.

Jake The Snake --- All of his secrets exposed and he's still around to stir up more trouble with Channing. He was so weak and sad this season. Took the typical bad guy arc of falling in love with his victim. But I don't see a redemption story with Vera in the cards.

Joan --- Was batshit crazy all season. Thought she got some just desserts in the last minutes of the season finale. Somehow, I don't expect that is really the end though. Start digging, Joan. Start digging.

Lizzie and Boomer --- These two women are too unattractive to take over as leads in this series. Both characters had some good moments this season (especially Liz in the final episode), but NO ........ sorry, I said it.

Sonia --- Will survive. Has some real potential to be a shit stirrer in the prison. I'd prefer Joan stay buried and we see what Sonia can stir up in season six. Her storyline was probably the best of the season, especially the zinger with Lizzie's supposed detective love interest (who one upped Sofia by running off with his loot and exposing her second successful murder. And in their prison scene, Joan practically passed the torch to Sonia.

imdb says Wentworth with have a season six.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2017 9:42 PM

Disappointed. Loved it till this last season what a let down.

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2017 1:19 AM

Season 6 just wrapped up here tonight in Oz. No spoilers -- Overall it's quite a mixed season. The tone is fairly grim throughout, and some episodes are getting fairly predictable in places. Several major characters are gone. The sexy Nicole Da Silva is not in this season very much and is sorely missed, as well as her intelligent sidekick Bridget. Thankfully there are some great new actors on board including Susie Porter (Two Hands, Underbelly) as society madame Marie Winter. The powerful Leah Purcell joins the show early in season 6 and does a fantastic job as new inmate Rita. The finale was gripping and overall very tight. The fate of one major character this season literally makes my stomach turn in knots thinking about it. They are back next year for season 7.

by Anonymousreply 46September 4, 2018 4:12 PM

But does Officer Will Jackson get naked?

God, I wish they would give him some sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 47September 4, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote]The powerful Leah Purcell joins the show early in season 6

Always a welcome addition.

by Anonymousreply 48September 4, 2018 4:29 PM

Bump

Anyone up to date on all seven seasons of Wentworth?

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2019 12:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!