Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Radical Feminists vs. Trannies

DL's two favorite groups and why they hate each other, as explained by The New Yorker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 6, 2020 12:42 AM

With several paragraphs devoted to MichFest and its upcoming demise!

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2015 4:48 AM

One doesn't have to be "radical" or an ideologue but rather possess more than a single functioning brain cells to decline to buy into media-generated fad, fancy and whim.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2015 4:57 AM

Oh shit you guys, Michfest begins in two days. TWO DAYS! Our last Mockfest for Michfest is almost upon us.

Hold me, David.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2015 4:58 AM

I couldn't get through the article, as it was frankly too much inside baseball on an arcane subject (gender politics). The way the trannies terrorize their opponents is scary, though so are the way the institutions like the Quakers give in.

All in all: PC run amok

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2015 5:02 AM

In a world where idiots say that acting and looking like trashy hobags is "feminist and empowering", I have respect for the old-school gals. They may not be right about everything, but they can think and they can stand up for what they believe in.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2015 5:04 AM

I don't like the way the old gals are picking on the trannies. It's got a nasty, entitled, man-hating, female supremacist vibe.

Team Tranny.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2015 5:08 AM

I dislike both of them. Trannies are crazy and RadFems hate, hate, hate. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2015 5:10 AM

What I don't buy is the bullshit masquerading as "sisterhood" on the radical feminist side, where the excuse is "we want only women born women" (yes, I'm triggering them by using traditional English spelling), because they all share the common experience of growing up as girls. As my students said, when I presented this argument to them, it is equally (choose as many as you like) racist, ethnocentric, classist, looksist/sizeist to assume "girlhood" is a unified experience--what the TERFs mean is the experience of growing up middle-class white girls. The Transwomen have their own less appealing qualities--such as falling back on a kind of internalized male privilege in refusing to accept "No" as a legitimate answer, especially when an event is not sponsored by the government or another public organization. The women at MichFest would like a week where they don't have to think or see penises--most gay men can sympathize with needing a break from those from time to time! Their rhetoric could be better, but I think as a gay man I might feel a bit tetchy if a heterosexually-identified man (not bi, not questioning) wanted to attend Gay Spirit Visions. I remember in the 90s I had a handsome, charismatic Aussie colleague who identified as "queer"--the closest he came to queer was marrying an Indian woman. But queer was his way of being a rebel. Like being a political lesbian was in the 80s. In the next decade, we will all be identifying as cyborgs or transspecies, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2015 5:13 AM

Was no one else taken aback that pregnancy is no longer a "womens" issue, because of FTM's (with functioning ovaries)?

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2015 5:20 AM

Life's too short to read The New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2015 5:22 AM

Social Justice Warriors support trannies. This story is about 65-plus year old feminists, the kind that are irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2015 5:25 AM

Within the extreme element, IMO, it's about people who are utilizing their existing maleness and male privilege to try to talk down to women. "If you don't accept me you are the bigot, if you don't want to fuck me you're a monster." For those types, if they can't get [biological] women to bend the knee in the old ways, they'll simply co-opt the identity.

Not all transwomen are like this, at all. But too many in the online fringe are.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2015 5:26 AM

"Was no one else taken aback that pregnancy is no longer a "womens" issue, because of FTM's (with functioning ovaries)?"

Idiotic, illogical. If they're women then they're infertile women, and they'll have to put up with discussions of pregnancy in women's health like all other infertile women.

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2015 5:44 AM

Liberals fighting over who is the biggest special little snowflake

by Anonymousreply 14August 3, 2015 5:51 AM

Wasn't one of the quoted T's called "Snowflake Especial"?

by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2015 5:58 AM

Obviously, transgenderism hurts women since now women aren't even allowed to assemble:

[quote]Radfems Respond was originally to have taken place across town from the library, at a Quaker meeting house, but trans activists had launched a petition on Change.org demanding that the event be cancelled. They said that, in hosting it, the Quakers would alienate trans people and "be complicit in the violence against them." The Quakers, citing concerns in their community, revoked the agreement.

However, transwomen ARE allowed to assemble without women or even transmen. And in Jenner's Reality Show, he rarely has F2Ts around.

Also, "Drag Queens" are increasingly banned by the trans community. There are the ones who are "exclusionary."

Transgenderism is erasing womanhood:

[quote]The members of the board of the New York Abortion Access Fund, an all-volunteer group that helps to pay for abortions for those who can't afford them, are mostly young women; Alison Turkos, the group's co-chair, is twenty-six. In May, they voted unanimously to stop using the word "women" when talking about people who get pregnant, so as not to exclude trans men. "We recognize that people who identify as men can become pregnant and seek abortions," the group's new Statement of Values says.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2015 4:24 PM

"Transgenderism" in itself is not erasing womanhood, but rather the incredibly stupid fuckwits who acquiesce, go along with faddish "trans" fancy and whim who are to blame.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2015 4:31 PM

The insane fringe of trans people are beyond parody. They are exclusionary, bigoted, arrogant, selfish fucktards. I sincerely hope they'll just disappear into the foggy obscurity that is the usual fate of loonies of every stripe.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2015 5:29 PM

Trannies vs. RadFems: Who wore it better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2015 5:35 PM

This article is so old, the last time I read it my dinosaur had the flu.

I have my issues with the radfemms, who are very easy to parody. I also love the fact that they now know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of PC run amok.

Once the schadenfreude dies down, the fact is an event that is specifically held to be for women only is being gutted because of ... what? People who think they can be whatever they want because they identify as that?

Will bass-fishing events now come under attack because people who identify as largemouth bass feel persecuted?

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2015 5:46 PM

Only MTT are obnoxious enough to claim that pregnancy is not a women's issue. There is no FTT claiming that sperm is not singularly a male issue haha.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2015 6:01 PM

R20 Sometimes we realize the medicine we've been forcing others to take, tastes bitter when someone is making us take it, ourselves. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2015 6:03 PM

False controversies generated and paid for by conservatives. Divide et impera.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2015 6:46 PM

The rhetoric of trans activism always says that mere disagreement is "violence" upon trans.

In fact, it's so bad that a couple years ago, Trans Advocate published a 1981 report by Janice Raymond and appended their own made-up footnote saying the report, which trans activists claim "caused" the government to become anti-trans, lead to 50,000 deaths of trans persons in prison because the government wouldn't pay for sexual reassignment surgery.

Also, if you look at the rhetoric about this 1981 report, you can find people years ago saying that they estimated it lead to 50K "premature" deaths of prisoners. Then it changed to 50K "probable suicides" of any trans person, in prison or out. Now, it's 50K "murders" by "TERFs" thanks to that report.

Anytime you see it mentioned, the underlying assumption by trans activists is that Raymond's written words in a scholarly paper almost nobody read translated into murder. Because disagreement equals violence, they say. It's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2015 7:08 PM

It's sad that people confuse women's liberation with political correctness. Feminism did so much for gay rights.

Before the feminism of the 1970s, domestic violence was not illegal. Cops treated it as a private, family issue.

Women, even those who were physicians, couldn't get a credit card in their own name. It had to say "Mrs John Doe" or whatever.

Many people in mainstream society didn't think rape was possible. If a woman was raped, it was because she wanted it or deserved it because her date or whatever bought her a fancy dinner.

Women routinely passed over for promotions and sexually harassed in the workplace.

Standing up to those issues was not being politically correct. It was about human rights.

And, yes, transgenderism is erasing womanhood. Soon transwomen will demand urinals in ladies rooms to accommodate their feminine penises. MichFest was vandalized with graffiti that said, "women have dicks, too." It included a picture of a penis. No sensitivity to any of the festival attendees who were rape and incest survivors. You know, because empathy is "politically correct."

PC was cool for maybe a few minutes, but the backlash has been around longer than Rush Limbaugh.

Transgenderism is clearly the appropriation of womanhood. I don't see how any thinking woman can support it. These men have these young feminists wrapped around their little...feminine dick.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2015 8:24 PM

Cool story R25, too bad it's dated rhetoric and intentional deception. You know damn well nobody is referring to rape, sexual harassment, and domestic violence when they call out the PC bullshit.

They are referring to the infantile nonsense that overshadows the real issues. Examples include:

Changing the spelling to 'womyn'

Suing school districts for using texts that still use 'he' instead of 'she' in word problems and general exposition

Counting words of dialogue given to female characters on network sitcoms

You do your cause no favors by perpetuating exaggeration and misdirection.

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2015 9:15 PM

Oh, I see...r26 wants to fight. *eye roll*

I want links of feminists going to court to change "women" to "womyn." Please back up your assertion.

The AAUW proved that girls were ignored in the classroom by teachers. So, yes, it does matter if text books don't include females. And it does matter if women don't get speaking roles in TV shows.

I'm saying that feminists don't give a shit about "political correctness" -- only their enemies, such as yourself, do.

Feminists are more concerned with sex trafficking and female circumcision to care about your PC bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2015 9:36 PM

Adjust your reading glasses granny. Never did I say anyone sued to change to womyn...

You claim to care only about the big stuff, but your existence undermines that position. You exaggerate, spread lies and whine about the little stuff all the time.

Funny how your original post forgot to list trafficking and circumcision. In their place, you whined about urinals and graffiti scrawled at a festival. Oh yeah, and taking credit for the gay rights movement.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere falsifying data about pay inequality or planning hate crimes against the trans community?

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2015 9:46 PM

Girls, let's be fair: BOTH sides are trying to take credit for gay rights away from any and all gay men. Hence the backlash against any movie about Stonewall that dares to focus on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2015 9:55 PM

R28, you make me sad. Not because you called me "granny"...but because your head is so far up your ass.

Prove to me that the majority of feminists tried to change "woman" to "womyn." You can't. It just comforts you to entertain that delusion....kind of how thumb sucking comforts a baby.

My original post is r25. Sex trafficking and genital mutilation wasn't on the radar during the height of women's lib. But gay and civil rights were -- because women comprise both.

Also, feminists care more about children than just about any other group. I know people make fun of caring for children on DL. But somebody has to do it, and women have consistently.

No, I don't commit hate crimes. The patriarchy rules by violence. I don't want to be just another asshole like you. I seek to rise above men's rules.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2015 10:12 PM

R30: perhaps making you sad will force some inner reflection on your part. Maybe that will help you sort out your awful perspective on the world.

I must have really struck a nerve with the womyn issue. You are struggling hard to twist my original words and throw up straw men (sorry, straw womyn) to deflect and deceive on that issue. I can tell you have decades and decades of practice using that cheap tactic to win over confused converts.

Your hiding behind the 'we are only doing it for the kids' misdirection is a stroke of beauty. Are you working hard to fight forced mutilation of male babies as well? Are you fundraising for the little boys who are the ones being expelled from school by the female dominated administrations because they don't conform to the sexist rules of proper behavior in the classroom?

Perhaps you should spend less time with your bigoted and sexist agenda of trying to 'rise above men' and more time trying to develop into a decent human being that strives for equality and prosperity for all...

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2015 10:31 PM

R31, the debate? You just lost it. I don't agree with everything R30 has said, but she's right about most of it. Feminists fought for the rights of all gay people long before anyone else gave a shit. I was in ACT UP, and a lot of hard work was done by feminist women, fighting for their gay male brothers. You're just being a shithead, pointlessly.

I think the Rad Fems have a point about the Trans. I support Trans rights, to a point. But I think things have gone bonkers in terms of the militant and aggressive (and weird) PC that Trans people are insisting upon. I also think that Trans is very rare, and I think this surge in 'Trans men' has more to do with butch women experiencing self loathing than real gender dysphoria. I also find it really scary that Trans people want, so much, to make Trans seem intrinsic that they're now labeling little kids as trans and talking about transitioning them. And everyone's too afraid to speak up about it.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2015 10:54 PM

R31, you're obviously not a radfem.

Are you a transwoman? Is that why you're posting in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2015 10:54 PM

[quote]are the ones being expelled from school by the female dominated administrations because they don't conform to the sexist rules of proper behavior in the classroom?

Feminists are not the ones trying to get GNC little boys to cut muilate their penises, r31. You're barking up the wrong tree. Feminists seek to liberate all boys and girls from all societal expectations.

Imo, you're an MRA with mommy issues. You're probably not even gay.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2015 11:02 PM

[quote]falsifying data about pay inequality

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2015 11:04 PM

[quote]into a decent human being that strives for equality and prosperity for all.

Says the guy who insults, attacks and name calls.

His argument is so weak he has to put others on the defensive.

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2015 11:07 PM

R34/35/36 are all the same bigot. Classic radfem tactic: falsifying data and trying to cook the books.

If you don't like my takes, that's your right? Why can't you stand on your own? Why stretch it out over several posts to try and pretend the hordes have descended upon those who dare to call out the hateful agenda of your ilk?

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2015 11:16 PM

On the upside, I'm glad that social justice and concern for the oppressed has become fashionable among young people. I was afraid that this generation of young people would turn out like the Reagan Generation, materialist and not giving a shit for anyone but themselves.

On the downside, they're the kind of idiots who would throw out the hard-won rights of millions or billions of women, to accomadate a few nutters on the trans lunatic fringe. They have no understanding of any big picture, because people that age never do, and have no fucking clue how they're supporting patriarchal values they think they despise. Hopefully they'll grow out of saying "There's no such thing as women's health", because some incredibly crazy and selfish people have asked them to.

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2015 11:21 PM

R31/r37 I also think you're either a tranny or an MRA red piller just trying to muddy the waters.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2015 11:23 PM

Right, r38.

They seem to be proud of their ignorance of the 1960s and 70s. They have no idea how, in many ways, the world is so much more worse off.

They're not interested in our wisdom. We can help them, but they don't want our input.

They grew up in a post 9/11 world. We responded to that shocking terror with a preemptive war. We demonstrated to kids that violence is the answer. We continue to teach them to fight with our vicious partisan political attacks. We've done nothing to prevent the next Sandy Hook.

And on top of that, add the Internet. These kids won't have the sense to survive after we're gone. And their children will grow up post WW3, and they will teach their kids peace and love....like we did in the 60s and 70s.

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2015 11:30 PM

R37, your post has *nothing* to do with the topic. It doesn't even make sense.

Why are you boxing shadows?

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2015 11:33 PM

R41: you are clearly a professional liar.

The topic of this thread is the battle between radfem v trans.

You opened your big mouth at R25 and belched out an irrelevant set of talking points about the history of feminism. Then, you mocked trans people and blamed them for terrorizing victims of sexual assault because someone scrawled a penis on a wall at a music festival.

The final paragraph you wrote at R25 was the first truly hateful thing written on this thread. Blaming an entire community for appropriating your womanhood and then mocking them about their 'little feminine dick' was obnoxious and hateful.

You fired the first ugly shot and I called you out on your propaganda and bullshit. Now, you play the victim. You are truly a pathetic piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2015 11:43 PM

R40, there won't be a world after WW3....judging by the likes of r 42

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2015 11:48 PM

I know R43, it must be such an awful burden to bear having been exposed to someone sticking up for the trans by calling out the bullshit behind the radfem campaign to ostracize and even gaslight them.

Perhaps R25 can help you craft a motion with the court to have me dragged into court and brought up on charges of mental assault

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2015 12:00 AM

I just altered my settings to Asbestos Eyeballs and I still can't see R42.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2015 12:03 AM

R 44, you've done no such thing.

Your goal is to derail this thread to censor further enlightenment.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2015 12:11 AM

Ok R46. I can see you are used to your neat little protected circle where everyone agrees and fits into neat little boxes.

I will be more careful from now on. The last thing I want to do is get in the way of further enlightenment you may bring such as your pearl of wisdom at the end of R34.

Your instructor for your online psych class would be proud of that analysis

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2015 12:18 AM

It depresses me when boys get told, "You shouldn't like nail varnish/'girly' toys, etc. because it's wrong for boys to like those things." But it also depresses me that these very same things are often mentioned as indications of being transgender. Most of the articles I've read about people coming to the realisation of being trans makes some mention of preferring their brother/sisters' toys to their own. What's wrong with being male and liking stereotypically feminine things? It doesn't make you any less of a man.

I understand that this kind of argument is a bit simplistic when it comes to people who are experiencing extreme dysphoria. If someone's unhappy to the point that they want surgery, telling them that they're just fine the way they are seems a bit glib. But I do wish society in general wasn't so quick to tie gender stereotypes to biological sex.

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2015 12:53 AM

You're right r48. My brother has two sons, one if them (8 years old) likes football, rough and tumble games, very boyish. The other (6 years old) likes painting and polymer clay modelling, doesn't enjoy sports and wants to wear pink all the time. My brother and sister in law have given them a dress up play box with space suit, doctor outfit, Batman, Superman etc., - and also a pink tutu, fairy wings, a feather boa and lots of plastic beads and bangles. They reckon the boys will be whatever they're going to be so may as well make sure they're comfortable with just being themselves. It's worked great so far, they both play equally with everything.

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2015 2:03 AM

This is why we hate them.

by Anonymousreply 50September 6, 2020 12:11 AM

R50 Who's them? Who do you hate? Why did you bump this thread from 2015?

by Anonymousreply 51September 6, 2020 12:23 AM

The troll is trying to revive some divisive identity politics thread in order to divert from the latest Trump shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 52September 6, 2020 12:24 AM

I mean, would anyone but a troll post this:

[quote] Trump thinks soldiers who died in wars are "suckers" and "losers"

[quote] The legacy media continue to destroy their credibility.

[quote] R182 no, he definitely did call John McCain a loser (which he was right about.) Nobody is denying that. That isn’t the same as calling all soldiers losers. The media are lying. I swear, the National Enquirer is more trustworthy at this rate.

[quote] Questions Swirl Over How Anti-Trump Troop Ad Cropped Up Just Hours After Disputed Atlantic Article

[quote] This is what happens when you LIE. You end up with plot holes!

[quote] Why Hillary Lost

[quote] I found this really helpful website. Some of you on DL seemed to still be confused about this topic, so I thought that it might be beneficial to share in order to help you understand a little better.

by Anonymousreply 53September 6, 2020 12:28 AM

R49 They sound like they're great parents.

I don't really care if you're a transsexual (not some "trans" attention whore) and you want to surgically invert your penis into a "neovagina" or have flesh from your arm harvested to construct a "neophallus". It's when you start dealing with kids that I draw the line. Research has shown that 80-90% of children who display childhood gender non-conformity will grow up to become gay adults if left to develop normally. Kenneth Zucker, professor of psychology and psychiatry at Toronto University, has gone on record saying that many of the parents who approached him were relieved about the prospect of having a heterosexual transgender child instead of a gay child. This is what modern conversion therapy looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 6, 2020 12:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!