Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Man, Not Charged or Arrested, Beaten and Stomped by Four Cops.

They threatened to shoot his dog and stomped on surgical boot he was wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2021 4:20 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2015 3:26 PM

Police are trash so I can imagine what Staten Island police would be like.

They'll probablt get off scot-free though.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2015 3:59 PM

Didn't the guy the cops killed for selling individual cigarettes on the street live in SI? Vicious place if you're not a cop.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2015 4:09 PM

Criminals are destroying NYC

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2015 4:27 PM

Criminal cops are destroying NYC

Fixed that for you

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2015 4:31 PM

Somebody forget his protection money?

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2015 4:33 PM

[quote]Cops are destroying NYC

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2015 4:39 PM

R7,black gay bashed in the village !

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2015 4:56 PM

I hate cops, they get away with everything and no one stops them. We live in a police state. The cops need to be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2015 5:29 PM

R9, tell that to gays who are bashed by blacks in NYC

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2015 5:36 PM

Time to start bashing back:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2015 5:48 PM

This is our country. We deserve it more than they do because we have done more to fight for the rights of liberty and justice for ALL than any other civil rights movement in history. But we didn't get it with drum circles, off-key choruses of "Kumbaya," and tiresome, fatuous scolding about how "violence never solved anything"? Are you kidding me? Stonewall was a riot, and it solved plenty. It solved the problem of what to do about anti-gay police harassment. The time for another violent queer uprising is nigh, but this one will make Stonewall and the White Night Riots look like a hissy fit in comparison. I'm talking about a worldwide Gay Spring.

If it were up to me, I'd gladly do unto the homophobes a hell of a lot worse than what they've been doing unto us for millennia. They deserve everything bad that happens to them and a whole lot more. If you dirty fucking breeders keep attacking us, harassing us, discriminating against us, and trying to kill us, we will give you goddamn good reason to fear us. We will bury you. We will bury all of you in the same mass grave. We will treat you exactly as you have treated us. You will be shown no more and no less mercy than you showed the victims of your hate crimes. You're not humans, you're animals, and since we're humans but you're animals, it should be legal for us to hunt you, kill you, eat you and sell you for profit. The human race is way past the point of sustainability anyway, so I think it's time to take out the trash.

The NYPD just declared war on the gay community. If they want a war, they'll get one. And they'll lose. Big time.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2015 6:04 PM

I can understand the anger.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2015 9:18 PM

Fuck you r10. Fuck you with a burning cross...while you are wearing your sheet.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2015 9:21 PM

R12: that was almost as campy as Susan Hayward's emotional soliloquy from I WANT TO LIVE

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2015 9:53 PM

Cops are thugs with badges. Only now, with the video evidence from smart phones, is the whole country waking up to this fact.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2015 9:58 PM

Do you really think they are waking up?

I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2015 10:13 PM

How the LAPD Conspired to Get Me Fired from the LA Times

by Ted Rall

On Monday night, I was in tears.

The editorial page editor of The Los Angeles Times, which has run my cartoons for six years, had called me to tell me that the paper would run an “Editor’s Note” announcing that they were firing me because I had lied about my treatment by a Los Angeles police officer when he arrested me for jaywalking in 2001.

I was about to be disgraced. Compared to Brian Williams and Jayson Blair. As a journalist, nothing is worse than being accused of willfully lying about a story. It’s the end of your career.

You’re dead.

Tuesday, when the piece appeared in print as well as online, word spread like wildfire that the police had a secret audiotape of my arrest. I had written in the Times that I had been treated rudely: shoved, handcuffed, and finally, the cop tossed my driver’s license on the ground. The audiotape, claimed my editor, proved that none of that had happened. It was, in fact, a polite encounter with a friendly officer.

The Internet exploded. Predictably, right-wing blogs led the charge, dutifully transcribing snowdenralleditor Nick Goldberg’s accusations against me, which he accepted at face value from the LAPD: Breitbart, Newsbusters, the usual gang of idiots. Soon Twitter was full of taunts. My email filled with mirthful, snarky insults.

Amid the chaos of my career falling apart. I asked people familiar with audio technology to check the LAPD-supplied tape, which contains about 20 seconds of talk and 6 minutes of unintelligible noise, for signs of tampering — and to see if there was any way to clean it up.

On Friday morning, I woke up like a kid on Christmas morn. But what I found in my in box was better than a bike and a skateboard: an enhanced audiofile that proves, unequivocally, that I was telling the 100% truth when I wrote that essay in May.

On the tape, you can clearly hear a female bystander shouting at the LAPD officer who’d stopped me for jaywalking to “take off his handcuffs.” She yells this twice.

Officer Will Durr responds first with a “No, no, no … ” and then by whistling loudly into the mic.

The enhanced tape clearly proves that the cops are lying, not me — and it even suggests cops might have knowingly tampered with the tape.

You can listen to the tape at ANewDomain.net. My incident is at the 03:30 mark.

The recorder was on his uniform secretly. I had no idea the encounter was being recorded or that a copy existed until this week.

Any way you look at it, the Los Angeles Police Department is lying. Cops lied when they said that I didn’t get handcuffed. They lied when they said I was mistaken about the presence of protesting witnesses. And they lied when they told my editors at The Los Angeles Times that I’m a liar who should be fired.

And the Los Angeles Times believed the LAPD, not me, their columnist. So they sacked me.

We know the officer deliberately used whistling to alter the recording. It is also clear that he deliberately muffled it.

It is the job of the media to question authority, not to blindly defend it and eat its own.

Even in its defense of the LAPD, the Times couldn’t be bothered to do due diligence. Editors made no effort to investigate longtime traffic Officer Will Durr’s bizarre claims that he has never, ever handcuffed anyone. I exposed that lie yesterday. The Times didn’t even bother searching its own website before siding with the LAPD.

If they can’t type “Will Durr” into a search field, I suppose it’s too much to expect the LA Times could be bothered to track down a sound engineer in L-friggin’-A?

Will the Times do the right thing: apologize, issue a retraction, and return my cartoons and blogs to the pages of the newspaper? I hope so.

What a week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2015 1:49 AM

I guess I might not like it if cops were this rough with me, not sure...

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2021 3:55 PM

The LAPD and the LA Times are both menaces.

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2021 4:01 PM

Fuck you, DeFuckto

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote][R12]: that was almost as campy as Susan Hayward's emotional soliloquy from I WANT TO LIVE

You're just ready to fly on out of here, aren't you, R15?

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2021 4:07 PM

I don't think Staten Island is welcoming to the gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2021 4:17 PM

r12, brought to you by the Russian Internet Research Agency for a Divided America.

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2021 4:17 PM

Well, at least this has a happy ending. Louis Falcone was awarded 1.75 million after a federal jury determined that four NYPD officers used excessive force on him in 2015.

Court documents indicate that Falcone received $750,000 for two officer’s use of excessive force in the incident and $1M for assault against all four officers involved.

The NYPD did not say if the officers involved in the incident were disciplined, according to the Daily News report; however, the Advance previously reported that a law enforcement source said the Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) investigated the allegations and found them unsubstantiated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2021 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!