Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, Ernie Smith's Bed Is A Queen-sized Dare

Several good pieces, with some collectable crap thrown in.

Love the floor. Don't mind the flowblue.

He looks fuckable, but girl has some haunches. Don't go to bed drunk, Ernie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2020 10:50 PM

If you thrown out about 75% of the tchotchkes, a person might be able to walk through that tiny place without damaging anything.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2015 10:38 PM

So much nicer than the usual "tasteful friend" residence.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2015 10:58 PM

Looks comfortable and unpretentious.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2015 11:22 PM

It MUST be a stabilized rental. It's a bit of a cluttered hodgepodge, and that raised bed is a nightmare. The kitchen is sweet, but reminds me of the dump I lived in on West 82nd and Amsterdam in the 80s.

The photo says it's "looking down Amsterdam Ave.", but that's Columbus Ave.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2015 5:21 AM

I love the plants.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]The leather E-Z chair was purchased at Ethan Allen

E-Z chair and Ethan Allen? No.

He shares the affliction of so many arts-adjacent NYC men in thinking he has "the eye" for throwing together street debris and hand-me-downs and a couple of pieces for which he overpaid wildly and the result is "Pure Brilliance!". Except that it is not. It's a mostly uninformed taste and the combined effect is a better grade of transitional housing.

Fucking dreary.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2020 10:35 PM

Lots of blue and white porcelain, but I don't see any flow blue.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2020 10:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!