Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends of the DL, what do we think of this charming seaside home?

Could you live in it year round?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2020 9:51 AM

There's a definite pattern to the decoratoring.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2015 7:37 PM

The bathrooms are pretty hideous but I think I'd manage.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2015 7:41 PM

Charming. Love the widow's watch(es)

Ptown is dead for so many months out of the year that I don't think I could live there full-time.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2015 7:43 PM

Looks like a McMansion built of Legos spray painted by the garage band of huffers next door

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2015 7:46 PM

Well, it has a lot of nice qualities, although most of the decor is dreadful. That gold bathroom is tres Scarface. Just needs some renovating. It's a little too much house for my needs, though.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2015 7:48 PM

From the outside it looks like a tiny Minas Tirith.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2015 7:55 PM

I stayed there for a week when it was a guest house. Around 2007 or so. The location is good in that it's in the East end but not too far east.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2015 7:59 PM

The view, beach, upper balcony are stunning, but the rest of it isn't too charming.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2015 8:18 PM

Is it a gift ? If it is, take it graciously and thank profusely.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2015 8:22 PM

[quote]The 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath home was newly constructed in 2006 with living on 4 levels.

Well, that explains the hideous architecture

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2015 8:26 PM

Who would spend $3.495 Million for a house that's gonna float away in the next hurricane (70% likelihood of 1-2 this year)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2015 8:34 PM

Those photos are useless without a picture of the closetful of caftans.

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2015 8:38 PM

I stayed in the little guest house on the left for a month a long time ago in the way-offseason. The place was fine but Ptown itself--good thing I had already stopped drinking.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2015 8:39 PM

R11

There's plenty of home on the same stretch of Commercial Street in Provincetown that have been there for over 100 years. You have a point, but where these home stand, they're encased in a way by being within the curl of the cape.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2015 8:43 PM

Would could maintain all that decking and balconying in the face of some of the most severe weather in North America? The constant upkeep would be a 70-hour a week job. Realtor should have said: "repaint in neutral, stage in beige, then I'll sell it."

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2015 9:52 PM

I like most of the interior, but that gold bathroom is horrible. I actually like that room with the red poppy/carnation(I can't tell which it is) print. I usually hate prints too.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2015 11:16 PM

Ah, yes. Yes indeed!

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2015 11:40 PM

Low ceilings! Fake architecture! NO. Beach houses should be rattier than this, IMO. Even if you have a grand one, it should be somewhere comfortable, between impossibly horrible Hamptons lux, and Grey Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2015 1:33 AM

I could love it, once I threw away every bit of extant interior decoration!

Under all those hideous florals, 90s stone counters, and ghastly carpets, is a charming, livable, spacious house that's right on the ocean. I could happily spend 3/4 of the year hanging out on the balconies or strolling on the beach, and sitting by the fire in winter. If someone gave me the place and a redecorating budget as a gift, I'd happily make a life there.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2015 6:19 AM

Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2020 6:03 AM

I like it. Dont like some of the furniture but that'd be going anyway. It has a lot of oddly shaped rooms and spaces, like a lot of old houses - amazed to find it was built in 2006, it really does look older. that I like. I do not like the gold bathroom but there are three others, so I could live with it

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2020 6:13 AM

I don't know if I'd want to spend the rest of my life living in Provincetown. I'd rather rent a place and go elsewhere after a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2020 6:16 AM

R18 is on point. I'm 6'2" so my quick assessment is that the property is claustrophobia-inducing. I wouldn't buy it for any price unless I could quickly flip it and make a profit. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2020 8:41 AM

Ceilings are too low, no thanks

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2020 9:35 AM

Just an FYI, the 2015 troll @R20 is getting more inventive with the 5 year old threads it bumps. It doesn't mean they are a kindred spirit; just they are looking for threads that clueless members will jump in on and keep active. It is basically a bot that wont engage and just looks to dig up threads with potential that will cover the top 20 threads at any given time.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2020 9:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!