Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Women in sleeveless above the knee dresses and flip flops at work in summer vs. men in long sleeve shirts and dress pants.

Nobody sees this as inequality?

by Anonymousreply 71March 28, 2021 3:44 AM

Wow, MRA trolls are grasping at straws. BTW, I have never seen women wear flip flops to work, unless they worked at a beach or in a very informal setting

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2015 10:38 PM

I've always thought that-but, yeah, the flip flops was taking it one step too far, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2015 10:40 PM

No, they wear flip flops. Okay, they're "open toed sandals" but they're just thin and strappy with less material than a flip flop.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2015 10:49 PM

flip flops?...unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2015 10:50 PM

So wear a dress to work. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2015 10:53 PM

Exactly. Don a sexy little black dress, some strappy high heeled open toe sandals that show off your pedicure. Get highlighted and low lighted extensions, some grand false eyelashes, a flawless makeover at your Estée Lauder counter, a bikini wax, some red thong panties and a pink jockstrap and you're good to go!

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2015 10:58 PM

As if men didnt show up in shorts and tees at work AND walk around shirtless in public exposing their fat tits to the world all summer long. Until women can do THAT you'll have to shut your face opie.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2015 11:04 PM

Men from UPS, the Post Office and many police departments have been wearing shorts for decades.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2015 11:06 PM

Not everything has to be equal. There is actual inequality and legal inequality the two are not identical.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2015 11:07 PM

There are more acceptable ways for women to dress in warm weather and they are lovely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2015 11:31 PM

Put it this way, men are much more likely to have gotten the message that if you want to be taken seriously at work you have to dress conservatively.

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2015 11:37 PM

Let them wear anything that they want, as long as I continue to make more than they do.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2015 11:51 PM

"Okay, they're "open toed sandals" but they're just thin and strappy with less material than a flip flop."

Huh? Sandals are not the same thing as flip flops and certain kinds of sandals are considering dressy

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2015 12:12 AM

OP, studies show that women who don't wear makeup to work are seen as less professional....men aren't expected to wear warpaint so why aren't you complaining about that?

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2015 12:13 AM

OP is probably the same queen who complains about women not wearing "stockings."

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2015 12:45 AM

I demand to wear my new summer caftan!

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2015 12:59 AM

[quote]I demand to wear my new summer caftan!

Wear It! What can they say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2015 1:31 AM

I am so with you OP. It is inequality.

In my office during dress days, the men all must be in suits and ties. Some of the women come in wearing sleeveless Ts, yoga pants with skirts over them, sandals that are maybe one notch above flip flops, v necks with boobs hanging out. Really inappropriate clothes. Half the time they barely have clothes on at all.

And the kicker? They start bitching about being cold! I've started answering "That's because you don't have any clothes on. If I walked around in short shorts and a boob tube, I'd probably be cold too."

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2015 1:35 AM

OP - DL is now composed of about 70% straight women. What kind of response were you expecting?

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2015 1:38 AM

"In my office during dress days, the men all must be in suits and ties. Some of the women come in wearing sleeveless Ts, yoga pants with skirts over them, sandals that are maybe one notch above flip flops, v necks with boobs hanging out. Really inappropriate clothes. Half the time they barely have clothes on at all."

Please, no one is wearing yoga pants or t-shirts in a formal office setting. I have worked in an office, you can't pull the wool over my eyes. The MRA trolls here are just making shit up to attack women.

It's also funny how people here insist that all their female workmates are frumpy "fraus".....now you're all claiming that your workmates are hot, slutty chicks parading around with no clothes on.

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2015 1:38 AM

Oh you've 'worked in an office' have you r20? Well, you must be an expert then.

I bet you're one that's always cold while you waddle around in your sleeveless V and rhinestone sandals. F off.

by Anonymousreply 21July 28, 2015 1:46 AM

r21, go back to your MRA site, troll.

by Anonymousreply 22July 28, 2015 1:50 AM

those who use the term MRA = idiots

stop trying to make it happen. It'll never happen. Only idiots who think they're clever use MRA.

by Anonymousreply 23July 28, 2015 1:52 AM

r23, you hate the term MRA because it actually describes you. The MRAs are the idiots, not the people calling them out.

by Anonymousreply 24July 28, 2015 1:55 AM

OP, it's a heterosexual world. Only women are allowed to express themselves in a sexual way.

by Anonymousreply 25July 28, 2015 1:55 AM

R24 no one else uses the term. NO ONE. But keep using it so this way it's easy to avoid you since only you use it.

by Anonymousreply 26July 28, 2015 1:56 AM

Lose weight and the heat won't seem so oppressive

by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2015 1:58 AM

Kill all cunts!

by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2015 2:01 AM

Put a sweater over your ugly jugs and you won't get chilly in a 78 degree office.

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2015 2:02 AM

[quote]OP - DL is now composed of about 70% straight women. What kind of response were you expecting?

OP - DL is now composed of about 70% idiots. What kind of response were you expecting?

Fixed it for you R19.

by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2015 2:07 AM

I'm a professional violinist and I see this quite acutely, ladies don pretty much anything comfortable to wear in the summer for concert - as long as it is black. I still have to wear a tux or tails though

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2015 2:07 AM

That's funny, r31, I never see female violinists at concerts wearing anything other than formal dresses. It's almost as if MRA trolls are making things up!

Wake me when men are judged for not wearing make up.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2015 2:11 AM

R32 is asleep at her desk again. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2015 2:15 AM

r33 is getting ready to shoot up an all-girls school

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2015 2:17 AM

I refuse to look up MRA and you can't make me look it up and I don't give a fuck what you wear as long as I look fabulous and thin.

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2015 2:18 AM

Actually R30 you didn't fix it at all, you said precisely the same thing R19 did!

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2015 2:28 AM

R36 Thank you so much for coming forward and proving my point.

by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2015 2:34 AM

You're welcome. Now why don't you hurry on along to Jezebel? Isn't it clear? We don't want you here.

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2015 2:36 AM

r38, go to some MRA forums. We don't want you here. Right-wingers tend to be anti-female AND anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2015 2:37 AM

"We?" You and all the other fraus? Is this you're forum?

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2015 2:39 AM

*your

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2015 2:39 AM

r40, this is a gay forum. MRAs are right-wing and hate gays as much as they hate females

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2015 2:41 AM

Well, men can basically wear the same outfit day after day, and no one harasses them. Men clothes are also cheaper than women's clothes. Dry cleaners charge more to clean women's clothes. How's that for equality if you are so concerned.

Male employees with families are less likely to be laid off than single people or single moms. Does this upset you? Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2015 2:49 AM

[quote]You're welcome. Now why don't you hurry on along to Jezebel? Isn't it clear? We don't want you here.

R38 Do you honestly believe that only women disagree with your nonsense.

I know this is confusing for you. However, let me remind you that datalounge is not your personal blog. You and the angry voices in your head (no matter how numerous) have no authority here.

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2015 2:50 AM

[quote]Do you honestly believe that only women disagree with your nonsense

Do you honestly believe that only women read Jezebel?

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2015 3:01 AM

R43, the lamest excuses written here.

by Anonymousreply 46July 28, 2015 3:02 AM

One of the guys I work brought it up at a weekly meeting. He's about 6'2" and 275lbs. My boss countered with, "well Dan, if you'd like to wear open toed sandals at work I'll see where corporate stands on the matter."

Personally, in regards to men, I think sandals are for the beach.

by Anonymousreply 47July 28, 2015 3:09 AM

The only fraus in our office, or any office I've ever worked in, that dress like that are ones that aren't going anywhere professionally. You say hi to them in the kitchen and realize you never know any of their names. The only ones who really notice them are the straight guys that mildly lust after them due to some exposed flesh

by Anonymousreply 48July 28, 2015 3:32 AM

"Men clothes are also cheaper than women's clothes."

It's obvious you've never had to buy real men's clothing. My outfit today probably cost about $1100 not counting underwear or socks. And I'm not extravagant. In fact I buy bargains. The average woman probably spends less than half that amount.

by Anonymousreply 49July 28, 2015 5:22 AM

[quote] No, they wear flip flops. Okay, they're "open toed sandals" but they're just thin and strappy with less material than a flip flop.

Those are not flip-flops, you idiot.

Some of you, I swear to God, you must be suffering from mercury poisoning or something.

by Anonymousreply 50July 28, 2015 5:31 AM

The best argument for going back to the lesbians having their own forum is a thread like this. We've been seeing far too many of them lately.

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2015 6:53 AM

It amazes me that people think something doesn't exist if they haven't experienced it. I've never met a lesbian Eskimo who dyes her hair blue, so there can't be one that exists.

Yes, I work in an office environment, and yes, some women wear flip-flops in the summer. And yes, there is a dress code that prohibits this, and about this time every summer, Management has to crack down and threaten to do away with casual dress if people can't adhere to the rules. And we'll go through the routine again next year.

by Anonymousreply 52July 28, 2015 12:25 PM

We had a big meeting where the brass told us (and by "us" I mean the males at the agency), that we could no longer wear shorts to work. Fair enough. But the younger women basically wear hot pants and a bikini top. I'd love to complain about it (because I love to complain) but:

1. the response from management would be to make everyone dress in a fucking burqa 2. I'd be "that guy" and who wants to be that guy?

by Anonymousreply 53July 28, 2015 12:38 PM

R32, depending on the gig, "long black" might be a requirement. but not always, men are never ever given the latitude to wear, "just black" - unless it's a jazz gig

by Anonymousreply 54July 28, 2015 1:08 PM

[quote]Men clothes are also cheaper than women's clothes.

uh, no, you can buy a ross's dress for less dress of some sort for $35 in my area, a suit is NEVER going to be $35 dollars.

by Anonymousreply 55July 28, 2015 1:10 PM

"uh, no, you can buy a ross's dress for less dress of some sort for $35 in my area, a suit is NEVER going to be $35 dollars"

First of all, most offices nowadays are business casual and most men aren't required to wear suits anymore. Secondly, who the fuck wants to wear a $35 dress?

by Anonymousreply 56July 28, 2015 1:23 PM

The above poster is correct about women dressing too casually not going anywhere professionally.

by Anonymousreply 57July 28, 2015 2:40 PM

The rage now among young women is the "fast fashion" of H&M, etc of cheaply-made (i.e. by slave labor), disposable fashionable-ish clothes.

by Anonymousreply 58July 28, 2015 2:58 PM

Gramps at R58, fast fashion is not a rage "now", it's been around for 20+ years.

by Anonymousreply 59July 28, 2015 3:01 PM

In the hot South, we can west stylish sleeveless v-necks and skirts year round, even at Xmas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 28, 2015 3:57 PM

In urban settings, were a bit more formal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 28, 2015 3:58 PM

R7, where do you work that men wear t-shirts and shorts? I work in a financial setting and even during this heat wave, the guys are coming to work in ties and jackets. The women are exactly how others have described- sundresses, cleavage and shoes one step away from a flip-flop.

by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2015 10:34 PM

May one inquire where or what type of place you work in, OP? I am "retired" now (disabled); used to work as a legal assistant; EVERY place I worked (up to 8 years ago) forbade flip-flops; right in the office manual...

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2015 10:38 PM

I love r53 for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2015 10:46 PM

R63, I work in a big corporate bank in NYC but just started this week. Until last week, was with Wall Street Regulators. Same thing. And things have really changed in the past 8 years. It's mainly younger women but even the older women wear the barely there sandals.

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2015 10:48 PM

Become a nurse. You and your female coworkers will wear scrubs and closed-toe shoes and be sartorially equal.

by Anonymousreply 66July 30, 2015 11:09 PM

[quote]I know this is confusing for you. However, let me remind you that datalounge is not your personal blog. You and the angry voices in your head (no matter how numerous) have no authority here.

Speaking of "voices in your head," you seem to be implying that you know who I am. That's weird and so are you.

For your information (not that it matters), the only thing I have said in this thread so far was something snarky in response to some shrew spewing the usual "all men are idiots" diatribe.

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2015 11:47 PM

I hope men never get permission to go everywhere with bare legs.

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2015 11:54 PM

I totally agree, OP. I had a job once where the women dressed up like total whores but the men weren’t even allowed to wear polos.

The average modern white woman constantly looks like either a trashy tart or a slovenly slut, or both.

by Anonymousreply 69March 28, 2021 3:40 AM

Most straight men don't dress for sexual attention from other men.

by Anonymousreply 70March 28, 2021 3:42 AM

flip flops ? hahaha

by Anonymousreply 71March 28, 2021 3:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!