Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did anyone from your high school class become famous?

One girl from my class went on to become an actress, and got to star opposite an A-list actor. She did a couple of other movies, and most recently I caught her in a commercial.

A guy from my class became the mayor of a nearby city of about 75,000 people.

Another guy is an anchor for a Southern California news station.

That's about all I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 163January 18, 2019 6:21 AM

I'm from Connecticut. Every time some "expert" make an ass of him or herself on TV, in papers, etc., I usually have known them or their family since I've mingles with lots of people up and down the Eastern seaboard and they just fall into positions of authority and power because they could afford brand name schools and have known, family names. I know most of the fake poor people who have "made their way" in NYC, pretending they were hoofing and pan-handling their way to the top, like it was done in 1918, when their Dad was a famous banker, Mom a professor at an Ivy. Poets, inventors, politicians, actors, tech industry heads, you name it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2015 2:12 PM

Not my class, but people within a few years of me, including people who went to other high schools (a big chunk of my cohort attended Catholic High school and lived where 3 towns came together so I knew about people in the other two high schools. Anyway, here's the list:

Bob Golic--pro football player, lived behind us, knew him thru his older brother Jayne Kennedy (and her sister whose name escapes me) --beauty queen/actress, next town worked with her neighbors Matt Wickline--sitcom writer, younger brother of a classmate Clark Kellogg--pro basketball player, friend of a neighbor

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2015 2:49 PM

This thread is useless without specific names.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2015 2:52 PM

Yes, Nick Jonas. Nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2015 4:06 PM

Yes, me.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2015 4:09 PM

Linda Emond (a year ahead of me) and Gwen Stefani (several years after me).

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2015 4:11 PM

Haha, who are you, R5? C'mon, tell us.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2015 4:12 PM

Yeah Dagmar.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2015 4:56 PM

Yeah, Zac Effron.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2015 4:59 PM

Sharon Stone did quite OK for herself. She was always a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2015 5:00 PM

No, I'm just kidding, R7. LOL. I'm an administrative assistant at a famous law firm though. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2015 5:02 PM

One guy got to be a CNN sports anchor. I had no interest in what he was saying, but damn he was pretty enough to endure his segments.

The major geek made out well. I don't know how. I know it takes a geek in the computer world, but the boy could not carry on a conversation or go 10 seconds without acting weird, while his twin sister was way personable. He'd do things like crying loudly in class if he got a 99 on a test instead of 100....at age 17. He got my tri-county home area on the internet, ended up with a huge computer company.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2015 5:26 PM

A couple of people from my high school went to Hollywood to become actors although neither "made it" - one was on Buffy and not much else, while the other was in one of those stupid Olsen twin movies

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2015 5:35 PM

Yes, biggest douchebag even back then. Every gay man I know who has encountered him in Cph hates him for being an arrogant and vile asshole. He truly is mean spirited to ordinary people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2015 5:47 PM

Gary sinese.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2015 5:54 PM

r14, who is that guy? He is handsome

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2015 6:01 PM

Hair dresser.

It was a good thing he dropped out of HS and attended beauty school instead. He was academically challenged to say it politely. Don't ask him to do simple equations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2015 6:04 PM

Lisa Todd, who was a Fly Girl on "In Living Color". Linda Cardellini's brother was in my class. Linda is about 9 years younger than I am. We also attended the same high school.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2015 6:11 PM

Actually, no, and I'm kind of surprised by the fact.

The smartest guy in my class-- I just googled--is a scientist at a university. Prestigious, of course, but I would have put money on him becoming an Elon Musk type.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2015 6:16 PM

Oh, and I new a baseball player who went pro straight out of high school--huge signing bonus, great future, whole nine yards. Injured in his first year, and then dropped from the minor team (that was attached to the major team that signed him). So forced to retire at 18 or 19. Always feel bad for that guy.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2015 6:21 PM

Dana Plato

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2015 6:23 PM

and?

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2015 1:30 AM

In golf cirlcles, he's pretty well known - Pat Goss. We were close friends until our early 20's - then I moved to Europe.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2015 1:45 AM

Robert Sean Leonard.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2015 2:14 AM

R9 prove it by telling me what city Zac was in. 'cuz I knew him when he was an unknown.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2015 2:39 AM

Yes, Susan Smith

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2015 2:46 AM

I'm not so sure about famous, but noteworthy. We didn't graduate together~his family moved. His name is George LaVoo and he makes films. He's worked as a screenwriter, director, and producer, and won several awards. His parents kindly allowed me to come along when they went to museums, theaters, and musical events my folks never would have attended~making me the cultural sophisticate I am today. We used to get up to all sorts of hijinks and mowed lawns together for spending money after school. I knew something was up when [italic]The Advocate[/italic] quoted George about a film several years ago.

Congradulations George! I miss you.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2015 2:50 AM

There's an actress who was in a few ABC shows, including Desperate Housewives, and had been in a few movies that was from my area - not exactly my hometown (which was really small) but close by. Her siblings were well known as figure skaters, too.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2015 3:01 AM

I graduated from James Madison HS in BROOKLYN NY class of '65. my older brother knew Bernie Sanders and Carole King

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2015 3:22 AM

I went to high school with the girl who was engaged to the Craigslist Killer. Does that count?

They made a Lifetime movie about her...

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2015 3:23 AM

He SHOULD HAVE graduated with the rest of us in the Evergreen Park (Ill.) High School Class of 1960.

Instead, because of his genius level IQ, he got into Harvard when he was 16.

His name? You ask?

Ted Kaczynski.

AKA "The Unabomber."

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2015 3:37 AM

Yes. Trina Turk.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2015 3:39 AM

One guy had a stint running one of the top teams in Nascar. He and his brothers were always rabid about cars and he went the Charlotte NC area (where most teams are based) determined to get a job with a race team and willing to sweep floors.

It's a curious thing to pursue, but it's also something very, very difficult to pull off so I've always admired the guy a lot, both for taking a shot at it and for doing extremely well.

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2015 3:48 AM

I'm from Long Island, everybody had someone famous from their school. Right now Amy Schumer and her director Judd Apatow and "Pixels" Kevin James, all from LI, have the top movies of the week.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2015 3:48 AM

Lucie Arnaz

Mary Tyler Moore

Heidi Fleiss

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2015 4:00 AM

Joan Jett. The quintessential Randolph Hills girl.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2015 4:04 AM

Went to grade school with the brother of one of Ellen's girlfriends. Went to high school with one of those guys that do make-overs on some TV show. Also went to High School with a girl who has many commercials over the years (Macy's, AOL, Target, Time Warner), was in a play on Broadway with Angela Landsbury, was in a Paul Rudnick show off-Broadway, did a few episodes of OITNB, and had a major arc on Devious Maids last year. I like to look at her IMDB, and think: We were best buds in High School.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2015 5:03 AM

Robert Piest and Rick Johnston victims of John Wayne Gacy

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2015 6:40 AM

Busy Phillips and Jenny Mollen were both a year behind me

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2015 6:53 AM

Olympic speed skater Dan Janssen-- very sweet guy.

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2015 7:01 AM

Some posters in this thread don't understand the meaning of the phrase "from your high school CLASS".

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2015 7:10 AM

R41 *Most* posters in this thread don't understand the meaning of the phrase "from your high school CLASS".

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2015 10:11 AM

Gerri Willis from Fox Business Network. She was a real plain Jane in high school.

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Was Jenny Mollen as obnoxious back then as she is now? She strikes me as someone with a serious diagnosis of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2015 1:39 PM

[quote] Some posters in this thread don't understand the meaning of the phrase "from your high school CLASS"

It's okay. Some of the "6 Degrees of Separation" cases are interesting to read.

Besides, most people here wouldn't have an immediate class member who became famous, but might know of someone a year or two behind them, or even in their hometown.

Remember, people from small towns post here too, so the person who "made it big" from their small town is probably someone that everyone there knew.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2015 2:20 PM

Yes, my good friend Artemis Pebdani!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2015 2:24 PM

University High. Graduated in same class with punk rock pioneer Darby Crash (Paul Behn), Mary Bond Davis (Maybelle in Bways "Hairspray) and local entertainment reporter Sam Rubin.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2015 2:59 PM

R46, the OP said FAMOUS.

I graduated with (Everybody Loves) Ray Romano.

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2015 5:43 PM

Steve Guttenberg

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2015 5:54 PM

Juice Newton

by Anonymousreply 50January 24, 2017 9:45 AM

[quote]Yes, my good friend Artemis Pebdani!

What is she doing now? She is so mothefuckin’ funny in her IASP episodes. Like stomach hurtin funny.

by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2017 11:28 AM

The class snob (she looked like a MTF but her family had money) married a famous U.S attorney who was a radical in the 1960s, wrote a bestseller about the JFK assassination, and was a personal friend of Jane Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 52January 24, 2017 11:29 AM

A girl in my grade did a couple of soaps but she moved back to our hometown to be a receptionist for her dad and marry some local dude.

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2017 11:35 AM

Yes, Tom Brady.

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2017 12:06 PM

[quote]Oh, and I new a baseball player who...

Cthulhu wept.

by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2017 12:11 PM

A girl I was friends with skipped college (semi-scandalous where I'm from) and went to Broadway. She's been in a bunch of shows, was a lead in Spring Awakening and now is in Hamilton. She's the understudy for the lead.

She's one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Always smiling and outgoing.... on the surface. Secretly she's very insecure, can hold major grudges, and can be a massive bitch to those she has it out for.

by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2017 12:34 PM

r56 "Secretly she's very insecure, can hold major grudges, and can be a massive bitch to those she has it out for."

She should do well on Broadway then.

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2017 12:36 PM

R31 Tell us about Ted Kaczynski!

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2017 12:43 PM

Sorry- did we ever identify the guy in r14's post? He looks familiar.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2017 12:46 PM

A familiar face in movies and tv but not a familiar name. Brian Howe was in my HS class in Rhode Island. Was majorly bullied in Junior High by the closeted gym teacher and then went onto be in at least 7 Spielberg movies. Happily married now and doing well. Also Sean Spicer is from my town but didn't go to the HS. The local newspaper had an interview with him over the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2017 12:49 PM

Hell no. 98% stayed within 100 miles of our small, Kansas town. Myself and one other (out of 40) moved the farthest away: East and West Coast. Should I go to my 35th reunion this year?

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2017 12:53 PM

That is so cool about George LaVoo, R37! I've been wanting to see Real Women Have Curves like forever, but haven't seen it yet. Cool that there are people like him making movies.

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2017 1:01 PM

Meant R27, not R37

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2017 1:01 PM

Nathaniel Crosby, Bing's youngest son;

Bill Amend, creator of the FOXTROT cartoon;

Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce

by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2017 1:02 PM

Omg, yes R60! Catch Me If You Can. Good for him. His resume is neverending... Sure works all the time.

by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2017 1:09 PM

I went to an arts high school so yes, many did including me.

by Anonymousreply 66January 24, 2017 1:14 PM

I went to high school with that bitch Dana Perino, George W's press secretary and now just another blonde Faux News anchor twat. She was just as cunty in high school as she is today.

by Anonymousreply 67January 24, 2017 1:20 PM

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Dan Castalleneta, Helene Alexopoulos, Jane Hamilton, Kathy Griffin

by Anonymousreply 68January 24, 2017 1:23 PM

Before the heroin plague, dozens of my classmates were given very long prison terms for manufacturing methamphetamine.

Judging by the local crime page photos, they're the few who haven't ballooned into obese people.

by Anonymousreply 69January 24, 2017 1:35 PM

Hey r60, I used to know Brian Howe from working together in NYC before he started working all the time. I can't imagine him being bullied, he's a wonderful guy, and I always saw him as so secure, warm, and funny. He's also a big guy, I'm surprised any bully ever came for him.

by Anonymousreply 70January 24, 2017 1:46 PM

A guy from my class is a hugely successful ad ma, tv commercials director and wunderkind. He is the most successful person in that line of work in the world, and everyone agrees. He is a super nice, hilarious guy, who never stood out in HS, other than being a regular well-liked kid.

by Anonymousreply 71January 24, 2017 1:51 PM

*ad man.

I am the very worst proofreader on the planet!

by Anonymousreply 72January 24, 2017 1:51 PM

John Marzano. Attended Central High School. I was skipped a grade and ended up in his home room. Nasty guy, bit of a racist and a bully. Played for the Red Sox, Texas Rangers and Mariners. Steady but undistinguished career. Kind of hot though. Heard he died of a massive heart attack or something, smothered in his own vomit.

by Anonymousreply 73January 24, 2017 2:06 PM

Darren Hayes

by Anonymousreply 74January 24, 2017 2:15 PM

I went to a top ranked school in Virginia--it's hilarious how few people have become famous from it.

One guy plays for the Jets. Another is Liz Cheney, yes, that evil bitch

by Anonymousreply 75January 24, 2017 2:28 PM

Benji Olson, of NFL fame, same high school. We also went to the same college My friend slept with him, and reported his penis to be average, blue veins. with dark blonde/reddish pubes. Uncut. Had big bright pink balls. She said it was nothing to write home about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 24, 2017 2:29 PM

Not my class year, but the same high school in Tacoma Washington: Glass artist, Dale Chaluly (spelling?) and serial killer Ted Bundy.

by Anonymousreply 77January 24, 2017 2:53 PM

Louis Freah, FBI director...

by Anonymousreply 78January 24, 2017 2:55 PM

Candis Cayne: Transgender actress.

I made her some gowns when she was just a theatrical man.

by Anonymousreply 79January 24, 2017 3:06 PM

Yes, actually a few. Some were in my class, or a year ahead, or a year below:

Renaldo, (skeetsy), Nehimiah

Marc Shaiman (he played the piano for me!)

Marissa Acocela (in the papers recently)

Dave Brown (Giants football player--he went to a nearby high school but I knew him)

There are a few others but I really don't keep up that type of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 80January 24, 2017 3:13 PM

Elliott Smith, dead musician, lost Oscar to Celine for the Titanic theme. Very sweet guy, very supportive of gay rights. He was like a meteor. I lost touch with him when he moved to LA and got into drugs.

Matt Groening also went to our high school, but that was years before we did. I am not really famous, but I have credits in major films and television series.

by Anonymousreply 81January 24, 2017 3:14 PM

Charlemagne.

by Anonymousreply 82January 24, 2017 3:15 PM

No, I graduated with a whole bunch of underachievers, I would tell you about and NBA player that graduated a few years after me but I don't what to trigger R41 and R42

by Anonymousreply 83January 24, 2017 3:28 PM

Me ? No. My mom went to high school with Glenn 'DIVINE' Milstead. My godson was in school with Michael Phelps from 7th grade onward. Phelps was visiting my godson at Salisbury University when he had his first DUI. Later Phelps was allegedly rude to my godson's then fiance and that ended their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 84January 24, 2017 3:34 PM

Not high school, but I DID go to elementary school in NY with Patty Duke...

by Anonymousreply 85January 24, 2017 3:43 PM

How can you be so sure, R85? Perhaps it was her identical cousin.

by Anonymousreply 86January 24, 2017 3:59 PM

A state senator from Pennsylvania. He was a dick.

by Anonymousreply 87January 24, 2017 6:24 PM

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold...

by Anonymousreply 88January 24, 2017 6:26 PM

Went to elementary school with the captain of the 2016 Olympic USA women's soccer team. She was sporty even back then.

by Anonymousreply 89January 24, 2017 7:08 PM

Not my high school class but my high school. Bob Griese the quarterback. His youngest sister was in my senior graduating class. Thick and horse-faced but she was picked as a cheerleader because of her brother's past football triumphs in varsity ball. The sister was actually nice to everyone. Definitely not a Plastic.

by Anonymousreply 90January 24, 2017 7:39 PM

A professional baseball player, a drug kingpin, a notable jazz musician, and a serial killer.

It was a big hs.

by Anonymousreply 91January 24, 2017 7:43 PM

Austin Powers. Doctor Evil. That slut Miss Colorful (though she later took on the pretentious "Frau Farbissene" as her name). Otherwise, the details of my life are quite inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 92January 24, 2017 7:45 PM

Kay Lenz was in my class of '68.

by Anonymousreply 93January 24, 2017 7:46 PM

Michael Phelps

by Anonymousreply 94January 24, 2017 7:53 PM

No, but John Corbett went to my high school. I'm decades younger than him, but he once visited when I was a student there.

by Anonymousreply 95January 24, 2017 8:17 PM

I was friends with Peter Krause in high school--he was in the class ahead of mine.

Weirdly, a number of other TV stars went to my high school, including Loni Anderson and Richard Dean Anderson, even though it's just an ordinary high school in suburban Minneapolis-St. Paul.

by Anonymousreply 96January 24, 2017 8:32 PM

My mother went to high school with Barbara Streisand, they were not good friends, but they were acquaintances. My mother is now an Orthodox Jewish housewife with 7 kids, and we all know how Miss Streisand turned out. As a young gayling, my friends would all come over on Saturday for lunch and listen to my mothers tales of her time with Barbara, and eat cholent with potato kugel.

by Anonymousreply 97January 24, 2017 9:36 PM

[quote]John Marzano. Attended Central High School. I was skipped a grade and ended up in his home room. Nasty guy, bit of a racist and a bully.

Being "a bit of a racist and a bully" is like being "sorta pregnant".

by Anonymousreply 98January 24, 2017 11:35 PM

People still not processing the your high school CLASS part of it. An NFL Hall of Famer. And some other athletes and a famous musician went to my high school, but they WEREN'T IN MY CLASS.

by Anonymousreply 99January 25, 2017 12:43 AM

I went to hs with Paul Wesley back when he was Paul Wasilewski. Don't remember him though.

by Anonymousreply 100January 25, 2017 12:46 AM

Yes, journalism was big in my HS circa 1973:

Rick Stengel

Mara Liasson

BIG Tome journalists.

by Anonymousreply 101January 25, 2017 1:03 AM

Went to H S in Dallas with Billy Crudup and his older brother Tommy. I thought Tommy was cuter though I recall he struggled with his weight. Possibly gay too. He has also had a successful career in show business as a producer, including the Rachel Ray Show. Didn't really know Billy, and they moved when he was a freshman.

by Anonymousreply 102January 25, 2017 1:07 AM

Like R97's mother, I went to Erasmus Hall. Bern Nadette Stanis who played Thelma in Good Times was in my graduating class. She was Bernadette Stanislaus back then.

by Anonymousreply 103January 25, 2017 1:38 AM

If you consider Gwyneth Paltrow "famous," then yes.

by Anonymousreply 104January 25, 2017 1:43 AM

Not so famous...but the actress who played Marilyn on "The Munsters" graduated from my high school in 1950.

by Anonymousreply 105January 25, 2017 1:49 AM

I went to high school with Yosemite Sam, of course he didn't have the mustache then.

by Anonymousreply 106January 25, 2017 2:04 AM

Not in my class, but from my high school: Linda Lavin, Andrea Martin, and Anna Kendrick.

by Anonymousreply 107January 25, 2017 2:26 AM

R104 Tell us about Gwyneth!

by Anonymousreply 108January 25, 2017 2:34 AM

I was in 9th grade algebra with former NFL footballer player Tubucky fuckin' Jones. I don't remember whether he was in 9th like me or 10th grade. The math teacher catered to him because he had to keep up his GPA. We would spend entire classes going over a single problem (easy ones we all understood).

Parents complained because he was assigning work without going over it first. The teacher came in one day and yelled at us. He said teaching style didn't matter, and if we didn't get it was our own fault.

If my dad hadn't stayed up helping me, I never would have passed. I went to another high school the following year.

by Anonymousreply 109January 25, 2017 3:20 AM

I think we're all aiming for "infamous" now.

by Anonymousreply 110January 25, 2017 3:23 AM

Melania Trump

by Anonymousreply 111January 25, 2017 3:44 AM

R88, no way! Glad you're okay.

by Anonymousreply 112January 25, 2017 3:46 AM

R104, Goop stories pls. The trashier the better.

by Anonymousreply 113January 25, 2017 3:48 AM

Two working actors. One is an actress on Orange is the New Black. The other is an actor on a cable tv show. Everyone expected a lot more of the 2nd one.

College a different story, lots of famous and working actors.

by Anonymousreply 114January 25, 2017 3:50 AM

Jeremy Renner and Timothy Olyphant.

by Anonymousreply 115January 25, 2017 4:03 AM

Wtf is wrong with the people who don't provide the names of the people you went to school with. "Oh I went to school with an actor on Orange is the New Black but I'm not gonna say who." F&F everyone who does this.

by Anonymousreply 116January 25, 2017 4:09 AM

R115 Timothy olyphant went to school in Modesto. You in Cali?

by Anonymousreply 117January 25, 2017 4:38 AM

R105

Which one ? There were two actresses who played Marilyn Munster on the tv series:

BEVERLEY OWEN & PAT PRIEST

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 25, 2017 5:07 AM

r116, Vicky Jeudy.

She wasn't in my year. I think she is doing quite well for herself. Her b-day was yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 119January 25, 2017 5:27 AM

Scott Hamilton, DL ice-skating favorite.

by Anonymousreply 120January 25, 2017 5:34 AM

I went to school with Elle MacPherson. She was pretty but very tall even then and so was not a huge hit with the boys. She also worked at the local chemist on the weekends. One of my friends had to buy a box of tampons fro his mentally ill mother and she was really discreet about it and didn't make him feel like a jerk. I always liked her for that.

by Anonymousreply 121January 25, 2017 6:47 AM

[quote] Some posters in this thread don't understand the meaning of the phrase "from your high school CLASS"

RULES. MUST. BE. FOLLOWED. TO. THE. LETTER!!!

by Anonymousreply 122January 25, 2017 6:50 AM

r121 Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 123January 25, 2017 7:02 AM

Jill Soloway. She was a pretty, popular girl (as was her sister, Faith). I worked with her right around "Afternoon Delight"s release, and when I told her that, she was stunned- she always thought that she was an "outsider", which I found amusing- I had 10 friends in a school of 4000.

So weird to see both them so butch now.

by Anonymousreply 124January 25, 2017 10:41 AM

Not me, but my sibling. Same school as the Hemsworths. Same class as Luke.

by Anonymousreply 125January 25, 2017 10:53 AM

Does Michael Berresse count?

by Anonymousreply 126January 25, 2017 10:59 AM

Gwyneth poster, please spill!! We just *know* she had to have been a mean girl in high school. So, [R104], I guess that means you attended the illustrious Spence school for girls in NYC? Was Gwyneth Queen Bee while in school?

by Anonymousreply 127January 25, 2017 11:11 AM

Not exactly famous, but I went to high school with the President and CEO of The Humane Society. Seeing him in TV fundraising commercials and on shows like Bill Maher representing the organization is cool.

While in HS, a classmate modeled, and he appeared in some national TV commercials. Again, it was wild to see him in random commercials during primetime.

A third guy from HS was an actor and after college landed a role in a soap opera (Guiding Light perhaps) and then on Beverly HiIlls 90210.

by Anonymousreply 128January 25, 2017 12:28 PM

I knew someone who went to HS with Kellie Pickler. Said she wasn't very friendly in school.

by Anonymousreply 129May 17, 2017 6:53 AM

Buddy Mondlock, Brian Middleton, and Theresa Renteria

by Anonymousreply 130May 17, 2017 7:11 AM

I grew up in L.A. so some people were already famous. Candace Cameron went to my middle school when she was shooting Full House. I don't remember anyone who became famous later.

by Anonymousreply 131May 17, 2017 7:17 AM

Too many to count, OP

by Anonymousreply 132May 17, 2017 7:57 AM

Elle MacPherson - or Elanor Gow as she was known back then. Very pretty, but very tall, so the guys kind of ignored her. Was very sporting and just a fun girl.

by Anonymousreply 133May 17, 2017 8:17 AM

Steven Breyer

Carol Channing

Greg Dobbs (newscaster)

by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2017 9:47 AM

Not famous but one guy from my HS. He wasn't in my class, he was the year ahead of me and we did school plays together. He showed up on Law and Order SVU as the pedo of the week on their "Michael Jackson" episode.

by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2017 10:00 AM

[quote] Joan Jett. The quintessential Randolph Hills girl.

r36- Just curious- how was she as a classmate?

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2018 7:34 AM

Hey, R21. If Dana Plato went to your high school, then we ALL went to Taft High. I graduated in '77. How about you?

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2018 7:42 AM

Whew none has mentioned me.

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2018 7:43 AM

I'm the most famous from my high school for swallowing the most semen in the bathroom of a gay bar Downtown.

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2018 8:11 AM

Not really names worth mentioning. I recently discovered a theatre geek from HS is kind of Youtube famous. Hasn’t been doing it too long and has half a million subs. Lots of views and collabs with very famous YTers so I think it’s legit. (Well, legit as in, “she didn’t buy subs.” It’s questionable how legit YT fame is.)

Another played MLB. Didn’t get very far. Back to triple A, and given that we graduated a few years ago, it’s probably over. Really nice guy, even as a jock in HS. Both are on my Facebook I seldom go to.

I’d still like my name to become an eponym or contribute to some advancement in medical research. It’s not “famous” in the traditional sense, but I’d like it. And I’m an asshole for even admitting such a thing, but where else can I except for DL?

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2018 9:11 AM

R121 and r133 are classmates!

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2018 9:41 AM

Yes. One guy won a Npbel prize in economics, another woman because a well-known commercial photographer, another had a sex change and became a Las Vegas showgirl, another became a sex offender on the national registry, another did the background murals for a David Mamet play..

by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2018 9:41 AM

Little Benicio del Toro (or Beno as he was known) was in 6th grade when I was a high school senior. We attended a small K-12 parochial Catholic school so everybody knew each other.

He was tall for his age and had a basketball court in his home so a lot of the jocks used to hang out at his place.

He got kicked out after middle school so he didn’t accept an invitation to a recent fundraiser that was put together featuring alumni who had made it big in show business. I don’t blame him.

David Duchovny and Michael Lewis were my college classmates. I was pretty good friends with Lewis. Great guy.

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2018 9:54 AM

No, R139, you're the most infamous.

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2018 10:08 AM

"Little Benicio del Toro (or Beno as he was known) was in 6th grade when I was a high school senior."

Michael, I think the school's lawyers have been very clear about what a non-disclosure agreement means. Remember we have the IP address of the place in Saugatuck. We are in contact with the national registry.

by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2018 10:41 AM

R145...

What?

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2018 11:33 AM

Who is R14's photo?

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2018 11:40 AM

R81 Dish on young Elliott Smith. He's only one of the most talented musicans of the last 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 148January 17, 2019 9:57 PM

I went to school with America's Choice, who I THINK was the least-fat contestant ever on the Bigger Loser. She was nice, but all the melodrama on her storyline...honey, you were well-liked by teachers and your classmates. Yes, your friends were all skinnier than you, but I never saw you get shit for it.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2019 12:15 AM

Ryan Gosling went to my high school here in Cornwall, Ontario. Some of his family still live here.

by Anonymousreply 150January 18, 2019 12:41 AM

Jake Ryan graduated a year before I did.

by Anonymousreply 151January 18, 2019 12:49 AM

Could the Michael Berresse classmate give us some lowdown on what he was like then?

by Anonymousreply 152January 18, 2019 12:56 AM

Just a couple of NHL hockey players.

by Anonymousreply 153January 18, 2019 2:38 AM

I've posted about going to high school (and being friends with) Peter Krause before,.

by Anonymousreply 154January 18, 2019 2:41 AM

What was that like, R154?

by Anonymousreply 155January 18, 2019 2:42 AM

He was actually in the year ahead of me. I thought he was gorgeous, but he wasn't all that popular--the popular kids thought he was sarcastic. He was a gymnast who did the pommel horse, but senior year he gave it up to do a play, which is where we became friends. (I did see his dick in the dressing room--it was pretty big!) He was very funny, and cuter then than now--he had an amazing ass.

We lost touch in college--he went to Gustavus Adolphus in Minnesota, and I went to college out of state. I would be embarrassed now to contact him since he's become famous.

by Anonymousreply 156January 18, 2019 2:46 AM

Sandra Joseph— Broadway performer (Phantom of the Opera), in high school we knew her as Sandy. She was a few years ahead of me. Nice girl. Was in choir & plays with my brother.

Gregg Alexander—. Lead singer of The New Radicals. He was 2 years ahead of me and I did not know him well. He was a loner. I liked his music. Too bad he said F$ck you to the music biz!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 18, 2019 3:11 AM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 158January 18, 2019 3:35 AM

Bunch of football and basketball players. Which is indicative of the priorities of the school - sports were more important than academics.

by Anonymousreply 159January 18, 2019 3:54 AM

r109 I remember Tebucky Jones. I always remember him saying that sometimes Bill Belichick would say hi, and sometimes he would just walk right past Tebucky like he wasn't even there.

by Anonymousreply 160January 18, 2019 4:15 AM

Tebucky attended my friends high school in Connecticut. I think he’s in the most famous person out of New Britain.

by Anonymousreply 161January 18, 2019 4:16 AM

I went to high school with former Indiana Senator, Joe Donnelly. He was two years my junior. Nice kid.

by Anonymousreply 162January 18, 2019 4:47 AM

John Meglen was in my high school class. He's Co-CEO of Concerts West, so he has represented or promoted Prince, The Rolling Stones, produced Michael Jackson "This is It", Brittany Spears "Live from Las Vegas"promoted Dixie Chicks, Eagles, Britney Spears, Andrea Bocelli, presented Celine Dion's show at Caesars Coliseum, promoted Fleetwood Mac, Ozzfest, George Strait Country Music Festivals, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie, Hank Williams Jr., Paul Simon, The Beach Boys, John Denver and Neil Diamond. So he's not famous himself except in the concert promoting business, but famous-adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 163January 18, 2019 6:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!