Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Key Party

Have you ever been to one. If so, were you pleased with the partner you ended up with?

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2020 11:44 PM

Who are you expecting to find? Seriously. It's like buying a Manufacturer's Discount grab bag. You might get the Versace tie or you might get the orange camo socks.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2015 10:41 PM

That movie with Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver had a key party in it --my only experience--Ice Storm

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2015 10:54 PM

Do they still do those?

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2015 12:56 AM

I was at one on Fire Island but we just drew numbers instead of keys. There were four bedrooms and 16 people. We just scattered and everything was over within an hour.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2015 7:41 PM

To the person on Fire Island, what did all the participants look like (or how would you rate them physically?)

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2015 7:45 PM

I got a rock, r1.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2015 7:46 PM

I"m the Fire Islander and it was a pretty attractive group. If there was a divide it was that half the crowd was hairy and half smooth. Most were brunette or black haired and three blondes. Early to mid-30s. Almost all of them I had seen at tea before.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2015 7:52 PM

I couldn't imagine just being willing to have sex with anybody at random. I can be slutty but I need there to be some level of personality and physical attraction to want to have sex with them, I mean not a lot, but something and there are some guys that I just won't feel it with.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2015 8:04 PM

R8, that's the interesting part about key parties. It's sexy but also anxious.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2015 8:14 PM

I never know what I'm going to get

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2015 1:40 PM

My odds of getting or being somebody else's orange camo socks are distressingly high.

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2015 1:53 PM

I hate it when someone hides all the handcuff keys and ignores the safewords.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2015 2:41 PM

Do you get to see the keys as you are picking one, or do you reach into a bag or box without seeing them? If they can be seen, I'd add some kind of 'macho' key chain that says a truck or suv or sports car name on it.

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2015 6:59 PM

Yuck, this is a real thing?

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2020 4:59 AM

I wanted Sigourney Weaver but wound up with Joan Allen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2020 5:28 AM

Never knew what a key party was until i saw The OC.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2020 11:10 AM

Key party is to put the key in the poosey? No problem. What go in must come out, I always say.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2020 11:14 AM

besides The Ice Storm, are there any other movies that show a key party?

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2020 11:06 PM

R18 The Trouble with Angels has a fabulous one, IIRC

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2020 11:22 PM

There's also a 19h-century equivalent of one in the TV movie "Sarah, Plain and Tall," but they use horse reins instead of keys.

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2020 11:29 PM

I'm just waiting for the "Maiden Aunt" Troll to come on the thread and complain vociferously about anyone who expresses discomfort with this concept.

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2020 11:33 PM

The Grinch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2020 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!