Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bathrooms are segregated by sex organs not gender identity

Trans* and their supporters genuinely seem mystified that women don't want transwomen like Zoey Tur hulking in the ladies room.

They are minimizing how radically different it is to now change the most basic societal more. That males and females need privacy when handling their sex organs to relieve themselves.

If it's not a big deal, as they imply, why don't they just let it go?

Most people intuitively get that women and children ought not be exposed to testicles and their owners when undressing in public.

Trans people are expanding the definition of the sex they were born as because it's biologically impossible to change sex. So [bold]men need to learn to accept men who identify as women in THEIR restrooms[/bold] and the same is true with women.

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2020 6:07 AM

Normally, I'd be wildly applauding this thread's gust of sanity and reason. BUT, segregating toilets by sex organ doesn't necessarily solve the issue of who pees where. I can imagine the shock and worse for females, especially female children, walking into the Ladies and coming upon Buck Angel grooming her moustache.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2015 12:23 PM

Why can't the trannies just use the handicapped restroom?

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2015 12:27 PM

R2 Because handicapped toilets are often INSIDE both the Gents and the Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2015 12:30 PM

Women are all in stalls, nothing's out in the open. So why do they care?

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2015 12:39 PM

I couldn't give a flying flip about who goes to what bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2015 12:47 PM

Women pee/shit in the stalls. Then they come OUT of the stalls and sometimes adjust their clothing in front of the mirror/sink. Sometimes they adjust or even change their childrens' clothing in the open area. Ergo, the squeamishness/resistance at the possibility of performing these tasks with a dick standing right there.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2015 12:49 PM

What about the outdoor urinals in London? You get privacy to handle your business in stalls, why does it matter what people look like washing their hands? How about a toilet just be a toilet, why segregate by sex anyway? Only in the first world would we have this problem. Many parts of the world would be grateful for adequate plumbing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2015 12:51 PM

R4, if you're not a woman then it's none of your business WHY women don't want men in their bathrooms. It's THEIR decision, not yours.

As OP said: if it's no big deal who uses which bathroom, then trannies need to drop it.

Women are fine with other women who think they are men in the bathroom. Because a trans man is a woman and women know that.

The problem is men. Men don't won't trannies in the men's room (I guess). That has nothing to do with women. Women should not be expected to change to accommodate a mans issue.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2015 1:14 PM

Lock. The. Trannies. Away.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2015 1:33 PM

the only organs you really need to use any restroom are those of the digestive system. Just make restrooms unisex with seperate stalls as we all deal with prefectly easily when port a potties are used. Its a bathroom, it isnt the goddam bedrock of our culture.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2015 1:42 PM

R10, you are too stupid. Oxygen is wasted on you.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2015 1:48 PM

Exactly, no one minds sharing port-a-potties at a festival and having a common hand washing station. And children are frequently in the mens room with dads too.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2015 1:54 PM

[quote] it isnt the goddam bedrock of our culture.

Again, if it's not a big deal, then Trans* should leave it as it as it has been for centuries: penises in the men's room, vaginas in the women's room.

But you see, it is a big deal to them. They minimize the people who are opposed to it, but no the people who support it.

This is just men wanting to increase their pee territory. It's what men do, and that's why they won't let it go and move on. Men want in the women's restroom. That's what this is all about. It's very important to them no matter how they insist it's not.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2015 2:20 PM

Yeah I'm in no way understanding why this is such a big deal if it isn't a big deal. Let women have the privacy of their rest rooms and transvestites stay the fuck out.

The importance of this to you shows just how fucking sick you are.

Use the men's room and grow a fucking pair of...oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2015 2:29 PM

I'm sure part of why this is a big deal in the US is that your toilet stalls have a foot-high gap at the floor. You'll see your shitting neighbor's foot. Uuuuuughhhh.

I hate taking a shit in US public toilets.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2015 3:01 PM

How lovely, brave and selfless of our Datalounge SJWs to champion this cause for women.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2015 3:08 PM

If all toilets were just this single "room" port-a-potty situation then no, it wouldn't matter. But most public restrooms are really large and able to hold 3-10 people or more, who are there for all sorts of things, from changing clothes to dealing with the kids to buying tampons or condoms or what-have-you.

I noticed Walmart had mens, womens, and "family" restrooms. I suspect an option like that will end up being the compromise, and like in the 1990s when "unisex" toilets were in, the trend will fade.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2015 3:24 PM

No I am not championing women I am saying that people who are buying into Jenner's delusional bullshit are functioning idiots.

Though I'm being very generous about it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2015 4:16 PM

R17 Did you leave your house in the 90s or did you just assume everything was like Ally McBeal?

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2020 1:50 AM

Change the signs to say "penis" and "vagina," and you use which ever room corresponds to what you have. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2020 1:52 AM

As a gay man I really don't care about this issue, as it doesn't personally affect me. Let the feminists deal with it, we don't have to worry about it, as women can't rape men without dragging them so there's no way for us to get raped by FTMs while pissing.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2020 1:56 AM

Of course the Human Rights Campaign is spending their resources on a big new Trans and Non-Binary VISIBILITY campaign!

One of the reasons such people aren't widely visible is because there are so few of them, and even fewer who we should be paying attention to. Other than giving them an even greater platform from which to condemn the rest of us and air their endless grievances, there is simply no good reason to encourage the normalcy of people suffering from the mental condition of gender dysphoria in the first place! They're not actually supplying anything that society can benefit from, but I guess asking the HRC to support equality and safety for Gay men and Lesbian women is utterly TRANSPHOBIC!

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2020 3:13 AM

Can’t Caitlyn just run as a Republican already?

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2020 3:26 AM

He sure can't drive as one.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2020 3:40 AM

R24 Remember that time he reached for a Virginia Slim?

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2020 3:42 AM

Where I work the corporate decision makers cater to nut cases and assholes, because more than anything they need warm bodies to fill seats and do a monotonous job. The result they are blind to is the quiet resentment of their good employees who trickle away without saying anything, but that's another story.

Anyway one thing they cater to is trans delusion. We have had several crazy-eyed males with long matted hair using the WRR over the years, and meeker females than I who could be cowed into talking about lipstick with obvious creepy males--even though we are on a tight schedule and actual women just wash their hands and nod and smile and say 'hey how are you doing" to women they actually know. Most of the crazy-eyed have disappeared, but the most ridiculous creep-o will not leave. He has chosen a name that is totally inappropriate to his actual birth generation. He is about 6'2", skinny as a rail, total STEM type, who dresses in hobble skirts and tight shirts, always makes sure to have really visible bra lines, and at least once I saw what must have been fake nipples being flaunted in his tight clothing. He walks around in mincing little steps (see hobble skirts above) and uses a fucking parasol outside. In the lunchroom he sits on a couch and ostentatiously nibbles his food like a gerbil (because women of course eat that way) and when working, he takes his shoes off and crosses his legs on the chair to show off his big long feet with painted nails, even though this violates OSHA (need to wear enclosed shoes) and no one else does this.

Meanwhile we have several FTM who are the most meek, wounded, obviously abused pleasers, unfortunate looking (obvious) lesbians with the typical FTM munchkin voices and bad skin. The creep described above and these FTM's all use the WRR. Of the two I know on a first name basis, one is very sweet but looks and sounds like a 12 year old who hasn't started puberty, and will remain so until she quits hormones; and the other is a complete ass-licker who needs approval and has a stereotypical stupid made up 'adventure-guy' name, even though any person on the street would not clock her as anything other than a lesbian (no slur at all, she is just a nice, blocky, plain, medium-butch lesbian).

In other words, the guys are mostly creeps who want to have their sexual fantasies fulfilled in the Ladies', while the lesbian women break my heart.

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2020 3:46 AM

Please stop bumping shit from 2015!

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2020 3:51 AM

R19 eat shit and die with her whole ugly family R19 eat shit and die with her whole ugly family

R19 eat shit and die with her whole ugly family R19 eat shit and die with her whole ugly family

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2020 6:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!