Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julia Roberts NYC Pad 4 Sale

What do we think of her decor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 3, 2021 12:52 PM

I like the terrace but the rest is just ok.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2015 8:56 PM

The view looks ghetto with all those brick buildings.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2015 9:07 PM

It looks to me like it was once two apartments that were joined into one.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2015 9:19 PM

White box. Max and Bettina will love it!

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2015 9:22 PM

I think you are right, r3. The ceilings also look very low.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2015 9:23 PM

I think it looks very nice. If that was once her home clearly she's pulled out all her personal stuff and had it staged.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2015 9:24 PM

[quote]The ceilings also look very low.

I think it's one of those buildings that 50 years ago, Doris Day and Thelma Ritter would have shared a bedroom in. Then NYC got overpriced and rich people bought these for pied-a-terres.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2015 9:27 PM

She moved all of her stuff up to the Grammercy apartment.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2015 9:28 PM

It's a queen size apartment for the queen. I am surprised she is selling it for such low price. $4.5 million is quite low. Looks more like 8 or 9 million pad.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2015 4:43 AM

Wouldn't all that outdoor furniture get ruined by the elements?

by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2021 5:45 AM

Surely that’s all staged stuff and not hers. That said, it’s bland and soulless, just like...

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2021 5:51 AM

I would have liked to see more pics of the master bedroom and kitchen. It’s a lovely space and would suit a couple very well. Enough room to get away from each other when needed, as well as entertain indoors and out.

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2021 5:56 AM

i agree...totally staged

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2021 5:56 AM

3 bathrooms in that space ? Just how much shit does the woman produce ?

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2021 6:11 AM

I agree with R9 on the cheap price.

After looking at the same fucking people for a year, I’m wondering if we’ve come to the end of this “Open Concept” bullshit. That structural support as you enter is underwhelming and I’l like some walls - perhaps doors as well.

by Anonymousreply 15February 3, 2021 6:24 AM

It’s a nice space but talk about white supremacy.

by Anonymousreply 16February 3, 2021 6:39 AM

Julia, Sarandon, Midler, all leaving NYC.

They must see it becoming inhabitable in the coming years.

by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2021 6:40 AM

Boring and cold. Just like she is.

by Anonymousreply 18February 3, 2021 10:44 AM

It's a little stark because of all the white, but I don't really see anything to dislike. I always wonder if places like this are depersonalized for staging and sale or if the people really live this way. I need more color and visual interest in my environment, but this is a nice blank slate with a contemporary feel. I can imagine anyone moving into the space and giving it some personality.

by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2021 10:48 AM

R19, most $5mm+ properties will remove expensive art prior to photography and walk-through. Personal items and photos are usually scrubbed because the buyer is supposed to visualize itself in the space without ghosts of previous tenants intruding upon the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2021 11:02 AM

Right, R20, that's why I said I always wonder how much if any of the person'a personality is shown in listing photos--because here on DL, and in articles like the one linked to the OP, people typically pick apart the photos and attribute the designs shown in photos to the style of the owner.

I'll never forget the (to me) nightmarish cavernous mansion owned by Ellen and Portia that someone listed here. I don't watch Ellen and I never cared much about the rumors of her being an asshole, but as I clicked through photos of her multimillion-dollar mansion that was all gray stone and gray furniture without any hint of color or life...it actually shaped the way I see Ellen DeGeneres now, and we all tore her up for that vacant, stark house. But of course, it's possible they just moved all the life out to present blank-canvas photos for the real estate listing.

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2021 11:10 AM

This was six years ago, R17. I think she's already left by now.

by Anonymousreply 22February 3, 2021 11:11 AM

Excellent location!....when things get back to normal, of course

by Anonymousreply 23February 3, 2021 11:16 AM

I agree that the price seems low. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 24February 3, 2021 11:21 AM

It has all the taste we would expect from such a lipsticked horse.

by Anonymousreply 25February 3, 2021 12:33 PM

It's a bit off topic but Julia Roberts looks like a FUCKIN MONKEY nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 26February 3, 2021 12:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!