Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas student 'beats boyfriend to death and strangles his dog after confronting him about cheating'

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 27, 2021 10:53 PM

Oh, dear. Passion is a powerful thing.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2015 11:48 AM

How ghastly. And there had to be something really twisted in their dynamics because Sylvester didn't flee, just took more and more of it, finally got dragged to the hospital, bolted and STILL went back for more, for the fatal blows. Geez!

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2015 11:56 AM

"Baby come back, any kind of fool could see....." Theme song AND iPod listing, it's a twofer.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2015 12:24 PM

Gay domestic violence is so scary.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2015 12:25 PM

Were they hot?

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2015 12:33 PM

God, no doubt they were both drunk as hell. His boyfriend must be an angry drunk. Terribly sad, two lives are over. And apparently they hadn't even been dating long also?

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2015 12:35 PM

PURSE FIGHT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2015 12:38 PM

Meth is a terrible drug.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2015 12:41 PM

wow...I mean that's insane. Yeah, cheating hurts but unfortunately it's common in the gay world. Why not just break up and ruin the guy's reputation rather than kill him and the poor dog?

I wonder if the third roommate is gay too?

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2015 12:43 PM

Not hawt so let 'em rawt.

NEXT

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2015 12:44 PM

[quote]Yeah, cheating hurts but unfortunately it's common in the gay world.

And all but unheard of in the straight world!

[quote]I wonder if the third roommate is gay too?

Knowing that would change the story completely, wouldn't it!

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2015 12:50 PM

Send this murdering, animal abusing sack of shit away for life.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2015 1:00 PM

[quote]Gay domestic violence is so scary.

Gay male domestic violence is much less rare that hetero domestic violence, and lesbians have the highest rates of domestic violence, interestingly.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2015 1:06 PM

And, of course, they attend St. MARY's University.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2015 1:08 PM

[quote] lesbians have the highest rates of domestic violence, interestingly.

Come over here and say that to my face, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2015 1:08 PM

[quote]I wonder if the third roommate is gay too?

Yes , as a matter of fact, the third roommate , 3rd year Feminist Theory student, Fern Rosenblatt , is indeed gay.

Still feel like whacking off while you fantasize about the whole sordid affair, now, dear?

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2015 1:23 PM

Sorry let me proofread my retarded post above:

Gay male domestic violence is rarer than hetero domestic violence, and lesbians have the highest rates of domestic violence, interestingly.

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2015 1:27 PM

[quote]Gay domestic violence is so scary.

I actually find it inherently less scary than heterosexual domestic violence. In general, the power dynamic is way more even than it is between a man and a woman at least.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2015 1:28 PM

Oh shut-up Fern. ^

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2015 1:29 PM

It is hot as fuck in San Antonio. The heat makes you do strange things. Kids mature faster in the south, violence is increased in the south. All because of the heat.

And yes, according to studies, domestic violence in the gay community is typically a lesbian thing.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2015 1:29 PM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2015 1:30 PM

The Borderline Personality Disordered do NOT take well to perceived or actual abandonment. Avoid emotionally intense and unstable people like the plague.

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2015 1:32 PM

[quote]The Borderline Personality Disordered do NOT take well to perceived or actual abandonment. Avoid emotionally intense and unstable people like the plague.

Translation: Never cheat on one of those fiery Latinos.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2015 1:36 PM

There is also that huge gorilla in the room -- Latino cultural shame about homosexuality. It is imposed, but still there to grapple with.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2015 1:36 PM

R18 that's a very trite trivialisation of the trauma that can easily result from your intimate partner becoming violent to you.

Whether the relationship is het or gay, the size of the victim in relation to the size of the offender does not necessarily diminish the potential shock and fear someone very normally feels when someone they are intimate with becomes violent to them. That fear and shock can incapacitate the victim, no matter what their size, and someone quite slight can be very dangerous if they are in a rage and out of control, in any case. Plus, if a weapon is being used, size of the offender and size of the victim is not necessarily relevant to the level of threat posed to the victim.

Let's make it EASIER for gay people to talk about violence in relationships, not HARDER by shaming men who have been offended against by a male partner of whatever size.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2015 1:37 PM

NOT THE DOG TOO

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2015 1:38 PM

R25- is a typical size queen

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2015 1:39 PM

[quote]There is also that huge gorilla in the room -- Latino cultural shame about homosexuality.

What?! This guy was openly gay, living with his boyfriend, and texting his family about what had happened. You are completely talking out of your ass here.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2015 1:39 PM

R1 needs to learn the difference between 'passion' and 'mental illness'

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2015 1:40 PM

One cheating white slut dead, one more Mexican in jail. win/win.

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2015 1:43 PM

plus a dead poodle , triple win

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2015 1:44 PM

And your little dog, too!

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2015 1:46 PM

This is the first thing I read this morning and it made me feel ill. How horrifying. And, yes, there was something mighty fucked up going between those two for Sylvester to repeatedly return back to the bedroom with his eventual murderer. I feel for his family.

That said, I don't think I've ever read an article about domestic violence leading to murder between two gay men.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2015 1:50 PM

I don't condone murder but if your partner cheats on you, I think you are obliged to pound their face in.

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2015 1:50 PM

Quick, someone book Momma a bus ticket to San Antonio, this fiery hot blooded freshly incarerated cagemeat must have her mussy twitching and dripping like Michael J Fox s nose on a coke binge

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2015 1:52 PM

[quote]Canchola allegedly punched Sylvester, causing him to floor on the floor.

What else is one to do on the floor?

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2015 1:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2015 2:00 PM

[quote] It is hot as fuck in San Antonio. The heat makes you do strange things.

Who YOU tellin', r20!

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2015 2:05 PM

Why do people keep talking about San Antonio? San Antonio is 90 miles from Austin, where this occurred.

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2015 2:05 PM

Wasn't there also a lesbian couple up in Maine that ended with murder?

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2015 2:11 PM

[quote] That said, I don't think I've ever read an article about domestic violence leading to murder between two gay men.

I remind you of the murder, by a doctor of his partner and their young child, in Seattle in 2011. Seattle...where it's not terribly hot. And the doctor was Taiwanese, not Latino

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2015 2:14 PM

^ Double homicide gay doctor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2015 2:54 PM

Are there pictures of those guys, R41? How could he hide the birth of his son from his family?

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2015 2:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2015 2:58 PM

What does this Eric Cooper look like?

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2015 3:04 PM

The victims:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2015 3:09 PM

R.I.P.:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2015 3:10 PM

[quote] What does this Eric Cooper look like?

Average white guy. But the kid was adorable. Very sad. The doctor has been in a mental institution since 2011, undergoing treatment, and has been found competent to stand trial. The trail is scheduled to begin this year. The state is not seeking the death penalty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2015 3:12 PM

I bet the killer was a scorpio, they become absolutely psychopathic when they're cheated on.

by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2015 3:15 PM

Please grow up R49.

And one cannot 'become psychopathic' over some incident. One either is, from an early age, psychopathic, or one is not.

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2015 3:24 PM

[quote]Gay male domestic violence is much less rare that hetero domestic violence

I think you meant to say "more rare". Either way, that's not true. Gay men experience DV at same rates as straight men.

And to the person who said above that gay couples are more equalitarian: That is true, gay couples - both male and female - share financial costs and domestic chores more with more equalitatively than straight couples, but I'm not sure that leads to less violence - it might lead to more equalitarian violence, ie, both sides being perpetrators and victims.

Anyway, these are domestic violence victimization rates per sexual orientation:

Men: Bi 37% Straight 29% Gay 26%

Women Bi 61% Lesbian 44% Straight 35%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2015 3:28 PM

Gay men -26%, that's the lowest figure on your statistics, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2015 3:32 PM

[quote]Gay men -26%, that's the lowest figure on your statistics, Sherlock.

But depending on sample size, very unlikely to be significantly different from the straight male 29%, and therefore no conclusions should be taken from it. Learn to read statistics.

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2015 3:37 PM

The kid left the emergency room probably because he was afraid the pycho boyfriend would kill his dog while he was gone and he was right. Don't let Donald Trump hear about this, the killer is most likely of Mexican origin with a last name like that.

Sick, He's toast as well as he should be. He will face the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2015 3:49 PM

What a senseless stupid waste. This is really just sad.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2015 4:03 PM

Men: Bi 37%

Women Bi 61%

These numbers are proof bis are horrible, so bad that their partners have to knock the shit out of them every once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2015 4:15 PM

That's not passion that's violence.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2015 4:16 PM

The use of the English language in this Daily Mail article leaves much to be desired... Were the editors off on vacation?

"...causing him to floor on the floor..."

!?

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2015 4:22 PM

[quote]But depending on sample size, very unlikely to be significantly different from the straight male 29%, and therefore no conclusions should be taken from it.

You are comparing gay men to straight women. Gay men, according to your stats, abuse their partners less than straight women. So gay men are less abusive than straight women, a lot less than straight men, and way less than lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2015 4:24 PM

R59 Good point, I stand corrected. Straight women are really the more natural control for gay men when the subject is DV victimization.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2015 4:29 PM

[quote]What else is one to do on the floor?

Well it sure as hell isn't shitting and pissing all over it on a constant basis , trust me.

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2015 4:33 PM

From the comments: I knew Stephen for a while, he was a ray of sunshine and so deeply missed. The dog is OKAY and with his parents.

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2015 4:48 PM

M e t h .

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2015 4:58 PM

Unlikely R63.

Maybe ritalin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2015 5:03 PM

I'll get you my pretty...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2015 5:08 PM

Plain old alcohol makes some people into violent maniacs.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2015 5:10 PM

This is quite sad news

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2015 5:21 PM

Rampant in gay males

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2015 5:37 PM

I don't think the dog was murdered, just attempted. The other articles that I have read on this story don't mention that the dog was killed.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2015 5:45 PM

[quote]Latino cultural shame about homosexuality. It is imposed, but still there to grapple with.

I'm not trying to start anything here, but why do some of the white guys on here love to point fingers at other groups about homophobia in their communities, as if the world is all tea and roses for white gays.

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2015 5:53 PM

The dog is indeed alive and with the kid's parents. Bad clickbait journalism as usual.

The kid looked sweet. RIP. My old home Austin has low crime but gets its share of this kind of weird stuff. Remember the Cave girl killed and then dismembered by the student and his dumbshit female friend, Lara Hall? Before they took off, all smiles to Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2015 5:54 PM

Both looked femme in pics

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2015 5:57 PM

[quote]Rampant in gay males

Wrong. DV is least likely in gay male relationships. Dumbfucker.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2015 5:59 PM

Hopefully the dog is named for Jean Harlow, but what if the dog is named for convicted killer Harlow Cuadra?

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2015 6:03 PM

I had one of those 'Virginia Woolf' relationships when I was younger, where every date would start off fine and then descend into horrible (though sometimes witty) verbal abuse from both sides with alcohol, then a break up, then make up the next day. Stupid shit we put up with and participate in ourselves when we are young and drawn to drama.

But never physical, not once. I would've walked away from that quickly, even a bad temper. Maybe a reason I never liked to date guys bigger than me, always smaller.

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2015 6:04 PM

'Harlow' also caught my eye. Cute, if it was for Jean.

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2015 6:04 PM

R73,cuz most gay men are flaming girls

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2015 6:10 PM

The sad thing is if he had stayed in the hospital he would most likely be alive right now, but for whatever reason he decided to leave before getting treatment.

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2015 6:11 PM

He was probably trying to save the dog.

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2015 6:29 PM

In related news, Trump's popularity soars

by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2015 6:33 PM

R39: St Mary's is in San Antonio. He's a commuter--I did that commute while getting my doctorate. It sucked. Never drove me to cheat and and tolerate domestic violence, though.

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2015 6:36 PM

If the victim had his phone with him, the abuser was probably texting him that he'd kill the dog if he didn't come back. It will all come out if they case goes to trial. I'd think the defense attorneys would want to plead out because of alcohol/drug impairment.

When cases are so 'obvious', it always makes me sad that the violaters don't either just plead guilty or try to settle on a plea bargain that is acceptable to the victim's family. Why put the family through a trial after they've already lost a loved one.

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2015 6:49 PM

[quote]The sad thing is if he had stayed in the hospital he would most likely be alive right now, but for whatever reason he decided to leave before getting treatment.

Poor little bitch wanted one last hot latino fuck before he sent him packing. Hard to believe that gawky looking femmy little thing was the philanderer in that couple.

Maybe it was just rough sex gone too far?

by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2015 7:01 PM

F&F R83.

by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2015 7:04 PM

Man, this on top of last year's murder... where a guy picked up another guy at a downtown bar, went back to the guy's place, and then murdered the guy with a hammer and took his stuff.

Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2015 7:27 PM

DAMN

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2015 7:43 PM

Don't forget that lawyer that went to hook up with a guy from Craiglists and two black dykes robbed and killed him! We gotta look out for eachother.

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2015 8:05 PM

There was that young dr who was killed and eaten by his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 88July 20, 2015 8:19 PM

The victim was in an abusive relationship. I don't think he died because of passion. He died because he was in a relationship with a terrible person. This man killed him after killing his dog. He also cleaned up his boyfriend, so he had enough control of himself to try and protect his own ass. This is creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 89July 20, 2015 8:25 PM

[quote]This man killed him after killing his dog.

The dog is perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 90July 20, 2015 8:27 PM

Aren't there certain protocols in place at hospitals that require people who come in with injuries such as this to be questioned by authorities? I'm having a hard time reconciling a young man with a gushing head wound being treated and then immediately released. Something definitely seems off about that. Or, at a minimum from the hospital's point of view, not regulation.

I hate to say it, but I can see the defense going with some sort of "drunk blackout" defense.

Too bad the roommate didn't intervene more to save his life and/or remove him from the situation.

by Anonymousreply 91July 20, 2015 8:32 PM

[quote]'m not trying to start anything here, but why do some of the white guys on here love to point fingers at other groups about homophobia in their communities, as if the world is all tea and roses for white gays.

Too many threads seems to devolve into a covert or even overt pronouncement of white superiority. Of course one of the first few thing mentioned was the kid's ethnicity. Race and ethnicity are never addressed or even considered when whites commit crimes or display objectionable behavior. Whites who behave poorly are the exception to the rule of superiority. Black and brown people who behave poorly are the standard. If you read through the Bernie Sanders/Martin O'Malley/Black Lives Matter thread. You will see the entire population of blacks attacked and denigrated, because of the behavior of a few. When white gays have staged similar protest stunts. No one dared to attribute their behavior to their race or ethnicity. The entire white population wasn't demeaned or denigrated. Look at the recent Luther Vandross thread. It was completely hijacked and used to denigrate black people.

by Anonymousreply 92July 20, 2015 8:36 PM

Homo-cide, way too common

by Anonymousreply 93July 20, 2015 8:39 PM

Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that.

by Anonymousreply 94July 20, 2015 8:39 PM

This was likely the first relationship for both. so, when one cheated the other went insane.

by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2015 8:41 PM

" The heat makes you do strange things. Kids mature faster in the south..."

I think it's the Gin!

by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2015 8:59 PM

R90, well he did strangle the dog. I understand now from reading further that the dog survived.

There was no reason to attack his dog as an outlet for his anger - there was obviously no reason to kill someone for cheating either, but I mean the dog had nothing to do with any of it. The dog was attacked because he meant something to the victim. It was a way to threaten the victim with physical violence using the dog as a pawn. This probably wasn't the first time he beat him up either. You don't kill someone the first time you abuse them, that tends to happen later. I don't think the victim should be judged because he was most likely traumatized and wasn't thinking clearly when he went back.

Forgive me if what I'm saying makes no sense. It's about 100° in my house right now.

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2015 9:17 PM

[quote]You don't kill someone the first time you abuse them, that tends to happen later.

Tell that to Ron Goldman.

by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2015 9:19 PM

We know why that is, R70. You didn't start anything. They did.

Excellent post, R92. In the second thread about this, the OP made a point of referencing the ethnicities of the guys, when it was irrelevant. Whites always accuse other groups of being hypersensitive about color, when they are the biggest and most consistent race-baiters of all. It's an obsession for them.

by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2015 9:24 PM

It's odd because one would think that the hotter darker bf would be the one cheating left and right, not the average looking white guy. He was a fool to play with fire and throw it all away like that.

by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2015 9:56 PM

'Don't forget that lawyer that went to hook up with a guy from Craiglists and two black dykes robbed and killed him! We gotta look out for each other.'

R87, David Messerschmitt was catfished by Jamyra Gallmon, with the knowledge of her girlfriend Dominque Johnson, (Gallmon posted on the m4m section of the DC craigslist as 'Chris Sanchez', latino rough trade). But only Gallmon entered the Donovan hotel for the tryst with Messerschmitt, Johnson waited on the street. It was Gallmon who robbed and killed David so it was one, not two dykes.

And not much anyone could have done to have 'looked out' for David either - he was on the dl and those closeted married guys are by definition keeping their activities secret. He was using a burner phone for all his CL hookups.

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2015 10:29 PM

R95 who the fuck kills their first partner because it's their first relationship? That's no kind of reason at all.

One of the signs of psychopathy is cruelty to animals. This nasty piece of work was personality disordered, and gay or straight, whatever his origins and age, he was going to end up in jail for something, eventually.

by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2015 10:32 PM

At least we know which one was the man.

by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2015 10:41 PM

[quote]Yeah, cheating hurts but unfortunately it's common in the gay world.

And why is that?

by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2015 11:11 PM

He was a cute guy--that's so sad.

by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2015 11:13 PM

[quote]He was a cute guy--that's so sad.

Yes because attractiveness determines the amount of sadness that may be associated with the death.

Ugly = 0 sadness

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2015 11:18 PM

[quote]Yes because attractiveness determines the amount of sadness that may be associated with the death.

On DL, that's one of the rules.

by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2015 11:20 PM

Harlow is fine. Harlow sends her love ......

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2015 11:37 PM

I'm pleased the dog is okay.

If the deceased was indeed a cheater, then I do not consider the loss of life to be much.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2015 1:03 AM

[quote]Aren't there certain protocols in place at hospitals that require people who come in with injuries such as this to be questioned by authorities? I'm having a hard time reconciling a young man with a gushing head wound being treated and then immediately released. Something definitely seems off about that. Or, at a minimum from the hospital's point of view, not regulation.

But he didn't stay for treatment unfortunately. He was checked in and then got up and left. Hospitals don't usually strap people down to make sure they stay in their beds.

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2015 1:18 AM

All the statistics being thrown around here regarding DV prevalence rates among various groups are hogwash. We really don't know.

by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2015 1:21 AM

R81, San Antonio has nothing to do with the story other than one person went to school there at some point. They were living in Austin. The murder happened in Austin. They were (underage) drinking at the bars in Austin. Neither one is in San Antonio now (one for obvious reasons).

Yet R20 blames the heat in San Antonio. And R35 wants to buy a bus ticket to San Antonio for some cagemeat that is in Austin.

It's a supposition on your part that the one guy was still commuting to San Antonio. More likely is that he moved to Austin for the summer. They'd only been together for 2 months according to one of his friends. Sounds like all sorts of immaturity going on. Where they lived was a block from the University of Texas (an expensive part of town) yet neither of them were students there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2015 2:51 AM

[quote] Where they lived was a block from the University of Texas (an expensive part of town) yet neither of them were students there.

The newspaper article says they lived at the GrandMarc, which is student housing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2015 9:02 PM

One article said they were sub-leasing. Another said that the dear departed was not a college student at all.

by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2015 3:10 AM

[quote]That's not passion that's violence.

Damm. If only I'd known that, I wouldn't have wasted my time on "Othello".

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2015 10:51 AM

Ms Didion has something to teach us about the evils of heat and hot winds, and their disastrous effects on human lives:

[quote]This is a story about love and death in the golden land, and begins with the country. The San Bernardino Valley lies only an hour east of Los Angeles by the San Bernardino Freeway but is in certain ways an alien place: not the coastal California of the subtropical twilights and the soft westerlies off the Pacific but a harsher California, haunted by the Mojave just beyond the mountains, devastated by the hot dry Santa Ana wind that comes down through the passes at 100 miles an hour and whines through the eucalyptus windbreaks and works on the nerves. October is the bad month for the wind, the month when breathing is difficult and the hills blaze up spontaneously. There has been no rain since April. Every voice seems a scream. It is the season of suicide and divorce and prickly dread, wherever the wind blows.

Excerpt From: Didion, Joan. “Slouching Towards Bethlehem.” iBooks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2015 11:42 AM

We hope she gets the chair for murdering the precious little 4 legged citizen.

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2015 12:06 PM

And once again R117, the dog is perfectly fine. Unless you know something about his boyfriend having an unusual number of legs that we don't.

by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2015 1:41 PM

Bless you, r118, for your clarificatia and verificatia.

Now we feel much better about it.

by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2015 1:59 PM

The DV statistics, like many statistics, are flawed. Which sex is more likely to report being a victim of domestic violence, either because they really are victims or sometimes out of vindictiveness/as a weapon? Females. And which sex is more likely to deny being a victim, either out of shame or because they think it's not that big of a deal? Males.

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2015 2:07 PM

R112 What a good looking murderer, what a shame. As a latin boy I can attest to the jealousy of latin men (gay or straight). It is a sadly common thing to hear some husband or boyfriend killed their significant other because of intense jealousy. Many times they feel justified and feel no remorse for doing so. Very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2015 2:16 PM

Crazy Austin queens.

Nothing like that happens in Dallas!

Keep Austin Weird indeed!

by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2015 2:24 PM

[quote]If the deceased was indeed a cheater, then I do not consider the loss of life to be much.

Wtf? The guy is obviously an abusive piece of shit. I don't blame his poor victim for looking elsewhere, assuming he actually was. That psycho probably thinks making eye contact with someone else qualifies as cheating.

by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2015 4:58 PM

I guess he was innocent after all eh?

by Anonymousreply 124January 20, 2021 5:50 PM

Dunno, Bump Bitch at R124. Was he innocent? Provide us with some evidence one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 125January 20, 2021 6:00 PM

Defacto is pissed about the inauguration

by Anonymousreply 126January 20, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote] It is hot as fuck in San Antonio. The heat makes you do strange things. Kids mature faster in the south, violence is increased in the south. All because of the heat.

I'm sure that will really go over well as an exculpating argument before a jury, Bryan.

by Anonymousreply 127January 20, 2021 6:14 PM

2015 BUMP THREAD

by Anonymousreply 128January 20, 2021 6:17 PM

This thread--and the the murder--are more than five years old.

I am so tired of this.

by Anonymousreply 129January 20, 2021 6:21 PM

christian white trash. nasty and sad ending .

by Anonymousreply 130January 20, 2021 6:21 PM

*Christian

by Anonymousreply 131January 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Did Trump pardon him?

by Anonymousreply 132January 20, 2021 6:23 PM

R33, you must be a newbie - there are plenty of other stories about gay domestic violence leading to murder, some if which have been discussed here

by Anonymousreply 133January 20, 2021 6:26 PM

R120 = MRA. 90% of murders are done by men, that applies to every single country in the world, too, not just the US!

by Anonymousreply 134January 20, 2021 6:28 PM

Sorry, didn't realize this was from 2015 - ignore my post at r133

by Anonymousreply 135January 20, 2021 6:29 PM

Verdict

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 20, 2021 6:35 PM

Texas :)

by Anonymousreply 137January 20, 2021 6:46 PM

Wow. What are domestic abuse statistics so much for bi people? Even more than straight people!

And for bi females it’s even worse!

by Anonymousreply 138January 20, 2021 6:51 PM

The medical examiner screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 139January 20, 2021 6:51 PM

Evidence ruled out.

by Anonymousreply 140January 20, 2021 6:53 PM

Was the dog a cute one, or was it a French bulldog or chihuahua?

by Anonymousreply 141January 20, 2021 6:55 PM

Hope there's a civil suit and his earnings are forever garnished.

by Anonymousreply 142January 20, 2021 6:55 PM

They'd need medical evidence for the civil suit also. The medical examiner's evidence was ruled unreliable and excluded. There is a different standard of proof in civil cases but the medical evidence is tainted. Go to kxan dot com article Man accused of causing his boyfriend’s death found guilty of assault

by Anonymousreply 143January 20, 2021 7:13 PM

We got rid of Trump, but the Idiot Thread Bumper is still with us.

by Anonymousreply 144January 20, 2021 7:18 PM

Well, there's not much else a fatass total bottom Trump-loving DLer can do, R144, now that January 20 has FINALLY arrived.

by Anonymousreply 145January 20, 2021 7:30 PM

It’s an important reminder that one should never cheat on a significant other. It’s understandably always going to end badly.

by Anonymousreply 146January 20, 2021 7:31 PM

The rest of his life in a Texas prison, raped multiple times a day.

by Anonymousreply 147January 20, 2021 7:32 PM

Seems he got 48 days R147 in 2017 so now out free as a bird.

by Anonymousreply 148January 20, 2021 7:35 PM

I'm sorry- 'Harlow' is so queer.

by Anonymousreply 149January 20, 2021 7:47 PM

Well it's not like they weren't out and flaming R149.

by Anonymousreply 150January 20, 2021 7:55 PM

You all wanted to convict him though he wasn't guilty

by Anonymousreply 151January 26, 2021 4:29 PM

R147 daddy, don’t tease me! 😈

by Anonymousreply 152January 26, 2021 4:36 PM

Why is London's The Daily Mail reporting on a Texas murder?

by Anonymousreply 153January 26, 2021 4:38 PM

Damm, blondie must have had some magic in that mussy.

by Anonymousreply 154January 26, 2021 4:41 PM

Ive had my share of relationships and only one time did I remotely put up with some guy hitting me. I always hit back too ,usually after a night out. Drinking brought out the very worst side of him. The sex was earth shaking and I was very young,so i put up with his stupid ass for a year or so. When that ended,I swore there and then to never let some guy physically or mentally abuse me again,and I never did. Poor thing,he was so young and didnt realize his own worth.

by Anonymousreply 155January 26, 2021 4:48 PM

It’s a shame he’s a murderer because he looks like he’d be exactly my type.

Does anyone know what was problematic with the evidence?

by Anonymousreply 156January 26, 2021 5:19 PM

The medical examiner screwed up bigly.

by Anonymousreply 157January 26, 2021 5:33 PM

2 young, good looking guys with their whole lives ahead of them, but not anymore. I wonder if it's sunk into the killer's mind what he did?

by Anonymousreply 158January 26, 2021 5:35 PM

This idiot kept taking his crazy ass back! I only feel sorry for the poor pooch.

by Anonymousreply 159January 26, 2021 6:01 PM

Why do we devalue the men we love so much that even their lives become expendable?

by Anonymousreply 160January 26, 2021 6:03 PM

I assume the killer is out and on the loose again by now.

by Anonymousreply 161January 26, 2021 7:24 PM

I need to tell my story about a Mexican who killed his boyfriend. This is the most fucked up story I know.

I dated this guy briefly, for about a month. He said he needed to share something about his past. He told me he had a Mexican boyfriend a few years before. His Mexican boyfriend was cheating on him with another guy. The other guy and Mexican bf got into a fight and Mexican bf killed the side piece. The story was vague at this point, but Mexican bf transported dead sidepiece across the border into Mexico, where he was apprehended. Since both Mexican and the other guy were both illegal immigrants, the US declined to take him back and Mexican ended up in Mexican prison.

Where the guy I was dating would drive, twice a month, to visit him. I want to clarify. The guy I was dating not only didn't break up with his illegal Mexican boyfriend after he cheated on him then killed the guy he was cheating on him with; my bf drove hundreds of miles twice a month to see him in Mexican prison.

Whereupon the guy I was dating was quickly offered opportunities to smuggle drugs back to the US after his trips. My bf accepted these offers and began his career as a mule, bringing drugs back into the US in his car after his drives to Mexico to visit his illegal Mexican boyfriend who murdered the guy he was cheating on and drove him south of the border.

It wasn't very long until my bf got caught, about 3 months he said. Lucky for him that it was Federal charges, and Obama had begun some sort of mercy program for first-time offenders. He only spent 7 months in prison. He did mention that his felony record made it very difficult to find housing or employment. He mentioned he missed his ex Mexican bf, but conditions of his parole included no contact with his ex.

I listened to this crazy story but then I lost it, yelling at him that this was the most psychotic mess of outrageously bad decisions that I could never imagine. He started sobbing then ran out my door, and I never heard from him again.

by Anonymousreply 162January 27, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote]Why is London's The Daily Mail reporting on a Texas murder?

r153 = the last person in the world to learn that the Daily Mail is the largest news aggregator in the world.

by Anonymousreply 163January 27, 2021 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!