Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julie. Carol. FABULOUS.

Be still my little gay boy heart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2020 9:45 PM

Splendid, OP. This one is fun too. They recorded it again for the official non-live album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2015 2:43 AM

Those brown sequined Bob Mackie vests (with coordinating plus-fours!) are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2015 2:45 AM

So that's the infamous blonde hairdo of Carol Burnett. In one of her books she talk about that hairdo where she wanted to lighten her hair before that performance. Instead of having a hair dresser do it, she went to a drugstore and got the stuff to do it herself and as you can see, messed it up horribly, frying her hair basically. She said it was like straw when she was finished and when she went to get ready for the show the hairdressers couldn't fix it so they had to get a wig for her.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2015 2:46 AM

I've always loved this medley--you think it can't get any weirder than Julie singing "I Love Rock 'n' Roll Music," but then you get to hear her even stranger version of "Let It Be."

"HWWWWWhisper wwwwwuhds of wwwwisdom..."

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2015 2:48 AM

Sorry: I mean "I Dig Rock 'n' Roll Music"

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2015 2:49 AM

Carol Burnett can not carry a tune in a bucket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2015 2:55 AM

Oh, I think Carol's a great singer. Unusual voice but she can carry a tune.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2015 2:55 AM

Lezbots????

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2015 3:00 AM

I remember hearing that story R3 on the audio-book version. It wasn't a wig though, the hairdresser for the show did the best they could though and that's what is shown in the photo. Carol said that ironic thing was she had people come up afterwards and comment about her hair and how much they liked her hair like that.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2015 3:29 AM

Carol can sing very well, but she has a very strident voice.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2015 4:55 AM

Carol has a great big belt. Her Jule Styne album is great.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2015 5:04 AM

We're so gay.

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2020 9:25 PM

Carol was the better singer of the two both then and now.

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2020 9:32 PM

Fabulous, for the selection, for the arrangement and for the execution.

Mazel tov OP!

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2020 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!