Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your facial cleansing routine?

I have a friend who does a glycolic peel and then cream nightly. It seems like way too much work but his skin does look good.

What do you do?

by Anonymousreply 82October 11, 2022 5:44 AM

Tubers, parboiled in corn syrup, slivered and applied in vertical pattern, then for chlorophyll cleanse, grass clippings firmly pressed over the shards.

I look like Trump's Ten Bill

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2015 10:44 PM

Soap, wash cloth

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2015 10:48 PM

Bukake

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2015 11:04 PM

Noxema. or whatever antibacterial lotion soap they have in the dispensers at the gym.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2015 1:45 AM

Morning: CeraVe cleanser...Vivite serum...CeraVe moisturizer

Night: CeraVe cleanser...prescribed Retinol cream...CeraVe moisturizer

...as recommended by my dermatologist.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2015 2:33 AM

It depends on the glycolic peel and its strength. I used to use AHA 10% lotion every night and it was great.

Obviously other peels (some not really peels) and strengths are meant for less frequent use.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2015 2:37 AM

I shave without cream and use only a damp washcloth on my face - no soap.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2015 2:49 AM

R7, you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2015 2:50 AM

Dermalogica special cleansing gel

Skinactives marine nutrient moisturizer

I shave with aveeno gel & a regular fusion razor...despite all the hype over safety razors & the art of shaving products

I use dermalogica eye cream but it doesn't work, so the best concealer for undereyes is Mac studio finish concealer over Mac fast response eye cream (as a primer so it doesn't get in your wrinkles)....then clear powder on top so it doesn't smudge easily.

Occasional sun exposure - followed by Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum + Coola Radical skin recovery lotion if in the sun too much

Botox 2x a year, 40-50 units each time

I'm 35 and I look 12!

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2015 3:01 AM

I'm 52 and I look like a fetus.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2015 3:27 AM

Amen

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2015 3:41 AM

Article about a guy not using soap anymore says that his skin got softer and cleaner and his pores went away soon after he stopped washing with soap

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2015 3:57 AM

I use lava

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2015 3:59 AM

R9 That's an awful lot of maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2021 10:30 PM

Aloe Calming Cream Cleanser FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 10:35 PM

I'm a chemist and started my life as a cosmetics chemist - in graduate school changed to analytical - however, I have clear skin and I only use Dove soap - 1X/day - also before washing, exfoliate with 70% Isopropyl alcohol - then several times a day wash your face with cold water and dry. Use a scrub brush on your back also. You will be radiant.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2021 10:39 PM

I wash my face with African black soap, use glycolic acid primer, after that’s dry rub on hylauronic acid, then a caffeine serum under my eyes and when that’s dry I used Burts bees baby ointment on my face. A cousin with a baby told me how good it worked a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2021 10:39 PM

I have oily skin so I use an apricot facial scrub. I cleanse with witch hazel on a washcloth before getting into bed.

I've bought moisturizers but I forget to use them.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2021 10:41 PM

I forgot to add I can’t use anything with a lot of vitamin e because it makes my skin burn and I’ve really struggled finding moisturizers that’s work and won’t give me a rash

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2021 10:42 PM

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser exfoliates and detoxifies without scrubbing. It's smooth not gritty non irritating and can be used daily. A small amount is all that's needed and it doesn't clog pores like soaps can. Highly recommended. It works.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2021 10:47 PM

I double cleanse because I wear physical sunscreen daily. First Clinique cleaning oil. Then I cleanse with Clinique extra general cleansing bar or Kiehl’s ultra facial cleanser. I follow with Clinique toner or Mario Badescu seaweed toner.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2021 10:54 PM

I then spray my face with La Roche Posay thermal water prior to applying my daytime serum or nighttime Adapalene gel 0.3%. I wait 15 min before using my nighttime moisturizer. I use Kiehl’s ultra oil free gel or Clinique moisture surge. During the day I use Clinique dramatically different moisture gel.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2021 11:03 PM

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2021 11:14 PM

Water, washcloth, dab of castor oil mixed with Trader Joe’s (or whatever) basic lotion.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2021 11:21 PM

If you have a facial cleansing routine that isn't simple, don't wonder why you're single.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2021 11:31 PM

A glycolic peel every night is unhealthy. That's a once a week sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2021 11:33 PM

R26 once a week is too often. No peels!

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2021 11:35 PM

Morning & Evening cleanse, serum, eye cream, moisturizer

Every 6 month a 15% TCA peel

R10 I’m so young looking I look like a sperm.

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2021 11:42 PM

In the morning I don't wash my face, I just splash it with cold water, use a vitamin C serum and a moisturizer with SPF. In the evenings in the shower I wash my face with a rice water foam cleanser from Korea, then out of the shower I'll use a retinol serum and a heavier overnight moisturizer. Once a week I'll do a bentonite clay mask. I don't have any acne or fine lines anymore. Dry brushing your whole body works really well too. All of this takes maybe 3 minutes and isn't all that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2021 11:44 PM

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2021 11:48 PM

That’s Queen Helene’s Mint Julep MASQUE! It’s FANCY!

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2021 12:14 AM

cleanse hten .1 percent Retin A gel every other night

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2021 12:25 AM

I'm a big fan of konjac sponges. I pair them with Neutrogena cleanser with hyaluronic acid and twice a week I use the sponge with Neutrogena exfoliating scrub. I've always loved Neutrogena products; the konjac sponge just amplifies the product's effects.

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2021 12:29 AM

^plus Neutrogena eye cream with Retin-A

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2021 12:30 AM

What's with all the 2015 thread bumps today?

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2021 12:30 AM

Morning: warm water, no soap, no washcloth. Vaseline as moisturizer.

Sunscreen if going out, no sunscreen if staying home.

Night: Aveeno body wash (on face). If I have used sunscreen, then I'll wash 2-3X. Vaseline as moisturizer.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2021 12:32 AM

Vaseline on your face??? I’d be covered with acne!

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2021 12:36 AM

i used mario badescu facial spray, the aloe and green tea one, then derma e sensitive skin moisturizer. I use a kiehls calendula petal infused calming mask once a week. i have very dry sensitive skin.

by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2021 12:40 AM

I only wash my face a few times a week with sulphur soap and a scrubbie cloth. Then I moisturize with First Aid Beauty Repair Cream. That is all. My skin doesn’t like a lot of fuss. I think that disturbing the acid mantle is bad for your skin.

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2021 12:47 AM

Wash my face every morning in the shower with a buf puf and Dr. Bronner’s peppermint soap.

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2021 12:54 AM

Why would you use a petroleum jelly product on your face, R36? It’s been proven very harmful. Google it, and switch to something that actually hydrates your skin and pores.

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2021 12:58 AM

I swear by Ivory Soap and Oil of Olay !!!! My colored Gardner says I am looking younger every day !!! And has one eye !!!

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2021 1:10 AM

Crisco

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2021 1:15 AM

I got even more depressed and stopped shaving , then stopped washing my face. Prior to this, I have used every cleanser and moisturizer, the thing is I had good skin anyway and probably could have gotten away with just soap and water.

by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2021 1:20 AM

My preferred routine involves Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser before bed followed by a facial cream derived from the semen (cum) of three -- it must be three -- 25 year old, American men. I keep six 25 year-old, American men on speed dial, so that three of them can jerk off in unison on my face at 10:46 each night.

Why, OP? What's your routine?

by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2021 1:26 AM

Now and then I spit on my hand and rub it across my face.

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2021 1:26 AM

A camera!

by Anonymousreply 47April 3, 2021 1:37 AM

Trust me, the fool who uses Vaseline on his face doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 48April 3, 2021 1:39 AM

Charcoal scrub, then Pan-Oxyl. Every morning

Cremo shaving cream (every 2-3 days: fabulous!) and their Honey-Mint body wash. Every morning.

Tea tree oil for my scalp daily. Cremo dandruff shampoo once a week.

Cereve moisturizer and a steroid cream. Every night.

Restasis (rx drops) in the eyes, retinol cream underneath them. Both daily.

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2021 3:07 AM

Doris Day once said her fountain of youth was slathering herself head to toe in Vaseline before bed every night. No wonder she stayed single.

by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2021 3:52 AM

I refuse to tell you what I do do!

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2021 5:31 AM

[Quote] I have oily skin so I use an apricot facial scrub. I cleanse with witch hazel on a washcloth before getting into bed.

Witch Hazel is one of the worst things to use. Way too drying.

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2021 1:55 PM

I’m more concerned about people’s ANAL cleansing routines.

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2021 2:25 PM

R52- Witch Hazel is great for preventing HEMMROids.

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2021 2:26 PM

I use this and have for 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2021 2:56 PM

Pre de Provence soap with a Foreo Luna 3 daily in the shower. After shower, a spritz of alcohol free witch hazel, and Egyptian Magic everywhere but my nose. I use Neutrogena Hydroboost oil free serum on my nose.

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2021 3:01 PM

I grew a beard

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2021 3:03 PM

Years and years ago a poster mentioned a webpage that he bought all of his skin care needs at discount prices. What are the odds anyone remembers it? Does anyone recommend something that isn’t too pricey?

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2021 3:06 PM

I like the DERMA-E products R58. You can get them at Target, but it is less expensive to buy at Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2021 4:50 PM

I am using a peel by “the Ordinary” every few days-2x per week. Vitamin C serum, a heavy lancome moisturizer at night, a light moisturizer with Sunscreen during the day or sometimes a CC cream. Every once in a while a charcol masque and the a great many moisturizers applied over several hours.

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] What's with all the 2015 thread bumps today?

You mean, as opposed to other days??

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2021 6:34 PM

I wash my face in the shower with the same acne face wash soap I've used for almost 4 decades, then I moisturize with the $12 stuff they sell at the drugstore, then I go about my life.

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2021 6:36 PM

#10 grit sandpaper for my skin, followed by a warm turpentine wash. I then use a rasp to clean my nostrils and ear canals. (I think the bleeding is good for my pores, although I might be wrong. I seem to be getting a little anemic lately.)

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2021 6:50 PM

R63 try the rasp up your filthy hole.

by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2021 7:21 PM

Do not use steroids on your skin every day or night. No more than 2 weeks on at a time. They thin your skin.

by Anonymousreply 65April 3, 2021 7:33 PM

And what sort of a towel turban do you swan around in during your complicated skin care routine?

by Anonymousreply 66April 3, 2021 7:34 PM

Put battery acid on your face for new skin

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2021 1:47 AM

R60 that peel is great if you don't use it more than twice a week and more than 10 minutes at a time. It's done away with all my acne scars and it's cheap as hell. I follow it with a soothing sheet mask. Self care, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2021 5:28 AM

I keep coming back to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish (with the muslin cloth). I use her Skin Tonic toner, too. I try other products but keep returning to Liz Earle time and time again as it really is an excellent range.

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2021 5:45 AM

Not a fucking thing.

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2021 5:54 AM

R54 good to know 😉

by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2021 5:57 AM

Human feces after someone has eaten corn, the kernels are fabulous for scrubbing away dead skin. Then a hydrating mask of warm urine to really get the circulation going. Finally, I apply a cooling, soothing layer of black man semen to my face- especially around the eyes and lips.

I do this every Saturday, all day long. Also known as Self Care Scat Saturdays.

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2021 6:04 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2021 7:10 PM

R72 That's revolting. What is the matter with you?

by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2022 5:07 PM

I've been exfoliating for years with a mild version of the Buff Puff, it's called Wonder Puff.

These puffs come in 4 to 12 packs. They are hard to find these days, Duane Reade used to carry them as did liquidator stores, then I found them at a now defunct website called Hard To Find Brands, I ordered whatever they had left. When I run out, Lord knows what I will do. I use the puff with mild facial cleanser, such as Cetaphil.

I also use Retin-A. The lowest percentage.

by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2022 5:27 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2022 9:04 PM

Peter thomas roth skin products.

by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2022 10:19 PM

Jesus. How do some of find time for your lives?

If I didn't have a beard/stubble, my face would rarely see anything but water. I will put a bit of shampoo or conditioner or a once over with bar soap (artisanal bay laurel, I'm not a complete savage) on the beardy part of my face; the rest just sees water and my hands or a wash cloth. If my skin gets dry in the winter, I might use some Malin+Goetz body moisturizer a couple times in a week: problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2022 10:26 PM

I rub on Ponds cold cream and use a damp face cloth, gentle circular motions to remove the cream. Yes, it contains petroleum gel or mineral oil, but it also contains a kind of borax. Disinfects, cleans, deodorizes. then, Stridex sensitive skin pads --no more than two passes over any part of my face. I wait 15 minutes between these two steps. I rarely use moisturizer. Sometimes, I'll pat my face with hand lotion. I have sensitive skin so most facial moisturizers make my face burn and get red. The hand lotion has menthol that cools my skin, if I need it.

by Anonymousreply 79July 5, 2022 12:25 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 80September 3, 2022 1:12 PM

My what?

Urmm ... I guess it gets wet while I'm in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 81September 3, 2022 1:15 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 82October 11, 2022 5:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!