Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials from the past that annoyed you

We've talked about current commercials that annoy us....what are some commercials from the past that bugged the hell out of you?

I always hated those Melanie Griffith Revlon commercials where she would squeak "Don't lie about your age - defy it!"

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2020 6:29 AM

I only remember the old ones I like. I can still remember black&white commercials that were great, 50 years later!

The awful ones, mercifully I have forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2015 10:39 PM

Those NyQuil ads in the '80s that had a guy with a cold waking his wife up in the middle of the night so he could whine at her until she brought him some NyQuil. Amazingly, she would do so rather than smothering him with her pillow.

Those '80s toothpaste commercials that always had an identified middle-aged woman walking into a family's bathroom to inform them that they were brushing incorrectly. Mom says "Well, what should we doooooo?" rather than calling the police to arrest the intruder.

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2015 10:58 PM

What about those TV ads with neighbors on either side of their bathroom medicine cabinet?

I just remember one line an actor says in exasperation to his wife, "Barbara ...."

Have not a clue what the product was.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2015 11:02 PM

Kelly Lebrock imploring us not to hate her because she's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2015 11:14 PM

I don't know what it was for, some hair products maybe, but the one where at the end of the commercial the stuck up bitch says "Because I'm worth it!"

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2015 11:43 PM

Mona!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2015 12:32 AM

That was Cybill Shepherd, R5, for L'Oreal. The original entitled blonde bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2015 12:56 AM

Buttahfinguhs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2015 1:16 AM

Farrah Fawcett and Joe Namath in thus Noxzema commercial.

I hated that jingle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2015 1:25 AM

"Hot dogs. Armour hot dogs. What kind of kids eat Armour hot dogs? Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks. Tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox..." There'd always be that one goofy kid at the playground who'd sing this chant, pointing at different kids who matched each description. I always wanted to be the "tough kid," but I always got chosen as the "skinny kid" and the "sissy kid." Two points. It's actually kind of funny now, but it was so annoying then.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2015 1:30 AM

Totally annoying...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2015 1:37 AM

Crazy Eddie's, a NYC electronic chain long out of business. He would shout and scream during the commercials. Also the OxyClean commercials with the deceased screaming pitchman Billy Mays.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2015 1:39 AM

cal redneck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2015 1:44 AM

ugh...so, so awful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2015 1:47 AM

This one, for Cheer detergent.

This time, it's not just a smart woman patronizing a stupid man; she's a thief, as well as a cunt. Some spokesperson. Yecch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2015 1:48 AM

Mother /daughter bonding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2015 1:56 AM

Those "Like a Rock" truck commercials

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2015 1:59 AM

Okay, here's one of the Revlon commercials I was talking about:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2015 2:00 AM

There was an awful Nintendo commercial where a fat kid sitting on a bench would hit himself on the head with a dead squirrel in order to see his game in colour.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2015 2:08 AM

Dody Goodman was the saving grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2015 2:10 AM

Remember Cindy Crawford singing in that godawful Charlie commercial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2015 2:14 AM

the cunty FLO

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2015 2:22 AM

Shampoo that gives you orgasms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2020 4:07 AM

That Starkist commercial where Candace Cameron screams "CHICKEN" that was on TV endlessly last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2020 4:39 AM

I hated those Conestoga wagon commercials, Those fancy spoke wheels did nothing for me.; besides, they never had enough horse power.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2020 6:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!