Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

World War II soldiers bonding naked

[quote]The photos, taken at a time when homosexuality was criminalized in the United States, are a record of the unselfconscious camaraderie between young men at war during a period when physical intimacy was less discouraged among straight men. Troops were encouraged by their superiors to form close “buddy” relationships, and these bonds were often cemented through horseplay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2020 4:25 PM

New Republic article on the book:

"My Buddy: World War II Laid Bare"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2015 12:07 PM

SO many men were hot. I blame food fillers and auto-everything for the state of The Male is today.

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2015 12:43 PM

[quote] I blame food fillers and auto-everything for the state of The Male is today.

As a child of the 60s, I remember summers where mothers would shoo us out of the house right after breakfast and tell us not to come back until dinnertime. We'd ride bikes, play in fields, swim at the local pool, and generally not sit still all day, save for maybe an ice cream break at Baskin-Robbins.

Daily PE classes all the way through high school. There were no school buses unless you lived more than a mile away, and moms didn't pick us up from school unless the weather was really bad. Normally, we walked (and, at the risk of sounding like a cliche, yes, it was uphill).

Nowadays, kids sit in front of their computers or smartphones for hours at a time and get fat. There were only one or two chubby kids in my classes at school, now it seems like the norm.

And young men are so afraid of being seen naked, they do the silly towel dance at the gym. Back then, any guy who tried that in gym class would've come back from the shower to find his clothes hanging from an overhead pipe.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2015 1:29 PM

R3 People are mentally and physically insecure, these days, paralyzed by all these anxieties.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2015 1:32 PM

I have a straight friend from England. One day I was perusing his facebook pictures - and was shocked to see so many pics of him and his friends naked. I asked him about it: "What's with all the naked pictures of you and your friends?" His reply, simply, was "Rugby."

Apparently naked horesplay in Rugby is the thing.

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2015 2:26 PM

R5 God bless England.

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Ruggers seem to be the only men these days who don't give a fuck about nudity.

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2015 2:48 PM

R5 How did you find these straight friends from England who play naked rugby games?

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2015 2:52 PM

nakedrugger, com

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2015 5:50 PM

naked buddies can be friends. gay men could learn this

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2015 2:34 AM

R10 If you can play naked rugby with your male friends and not get distracted, you're more competitive than me.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2015 2:40 AM

sure, aren't we all that way?

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2015 2:45 AM

R12 I'm very confused.

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2015 2:52 AM

I'm sure you are

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2015 12:45 PM

R14 Why are there so many gay people on this site? Am I giving off a vibe?!!!! Have they followed me?!!!

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2015 12:47 PM

Dang, R1. I would think I died and went to heaven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 2:06 AM

R16 Men asses were a lot flatter back then.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 2:09 AM

OP is trying to hide other threads by bumping up the remains of 2015.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 2:15 AM

I just see a lot of nice, natural bodies. Great to see how comfortable they were with one another. They were war buddies. These men would die for you. That's a deep, incredible bond not found in daily life.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 2:46 AM

R16 is worst than Stalin

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] [R16] is worst than Stalin

Oh dear.

Sparkle is the WORST princess ever.

Sparkle eats liverWURST

Conchita WURST has a cock.

if you don't see a doctor that's sore on your penis is going to get WORSE.

GEDDIT

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 3:03 AM

Did they ever line up and measure? I bet small guys were always made fun of in the showers and what not, but taken in jest. Nowadays young people change in a stall at the gym.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 3:08 AM

They're not my type.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 7:50 AM

Another thread from 2015. Trump does stupid stuff that gets reported on DL and... here we go again... erotic threads from 2015 appear to drive the new threads down.

Please don’t reply to these posts. They are diversion tactics.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 8:31 AM

I like the thread, R24. STFU.

Cell phones cameras have messed up a lot of locker room habits. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 8:58 AM

Ignore the hall monitor at R24 and feel free to reply to this post.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 9:46 AM

I love these bodies; lean, fit, and natural, unlike the contrived, super bulked up aesthetic that is so popular among men today.

And I don’t think the asses in the shower pic at R16 are flat. The two on the ends, in particular, have some meat on them, giving a nice, subtle curve.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 1:02 PM

I didn’t bump this thread but I do love it.

I fucking hate hall monitors like R24. Thank God for the FF and ignore buttons!

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 1:02 PM

love being men

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 1:04 PM

Is this a glitch?

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 12:44 AM

"Cemented" by dried spunk in many instances...

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 12:47 AM

R17 All right, Negative Nancy. Only you could find fault in these hot photos of happier and hotter times.

by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2020 12:55 AM

Another link from 2015. Haven't you gays go work to do?

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2020 1:07 AM

^^ No, because of the Trump Virus

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2020 6:17 PM

STOP ENABLING THE IDIOT THREAD BUMPER.

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2020 7:08 PM

New here. What does "bum" mean/do?

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2020 7:31 PM

should be "bump"

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2020 7:31 PM

R35 I didn’t bump (or bum) this thread, but who the fuck appointed you hall monitor? If someone is interested in this topic, who cares if a thread is revived? Did someone force you to read it?

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2020 7:34 PM

r38, guess it's too much trouble for you to answer my question "what does bump" mean, or do? I sincerely don't know and would like to.

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2020 7:40 PM

R39 bump means to bring a thread back to life that has been inactive for a long time. Some people here seem to think it’s an unpardonable sin to do so. I have no idea why. If you don’t like a thread, you don’t have to open it. It’s not like we have a limited amount of space here.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2020 7:46 PM

If you don't bump a thread some queen will ask you why you didn't do a search. It's a no-win situation.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2020 4:20 PM

I wonder if the OP of this was the Towel Dance troll, you know the Very Eldergay who is always complaining about how "men aren't comfortable being nude around each other anymore which means that the hot young straight guys at my gym won't let me stare at their cocks in the locker room"

We have not heard from him in a while.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2020 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!