Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New York magazine: "The Gay TV Producer Subsisting on Sex Parties"

People still live this way? It's like a page out of Larry Kramer's "Fa66ots," or if Bret Easton Ellis wrote a Fire Island novel.

DAY FOUR

8:00 a.m. I meet my boyfriend and we head to Fire Island for the weekend. We spend the morning on the beach drinking beers with our friends. Everyone here is hot. I can’t stop staring. So. Many. Speedos.

1:30 p.m. I see a flyer for an underwear party. I make it my goal to convince everyone to go.

11:45 p.m. We finish our drinks at the house and head to the party. I am mad I don’t have cuter underwear on ...

12:15 a.m. There are so many guys in their underwear and I am so drunk and horny. This is heaven.

2:15 a.m. We stumble upon a party in the dunes where a bunch of people have set up a generator to play music. There are lights and guys dancing everywhere. Guys in fairy costumes run around pouring shots in people’s mouths. I feel like I am at Burning Man.

4:45 a.m. Finally make it home and pass out.

DAY FIVE

9:30 a.m. Wake up hung-over, but happy. Get breakfast and head to the beach, where we spend most of the day rehashing the night before, laughing at how crazy life can be. For me, I lie on the beach feeling really happy to be in such a good place emotionally. My social life makes me really happy right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2020 11:49 PM

What did I read?

by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2015 6:54 PM

It's like reading a diary from the 70s. I'm 37 and pissed that growing up in the 80s and 90s instilled such doctrine that sex = incurable fatal disease. Even so, I'd rather read it or watch it than live sex parties.

by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2015 7:14 PM

This stuff has been going on all along, r2--even in the 80s and 90s.. I'm older than you, so was there--we had plenty of sex parties, back rooms, etc, the only difference being that safer sex was talked about a lot more, and practiced pretty uniformly, at least in every one of the places I was ever in (and I was in almost all of them). Nothing new here, really. Every couple of years someone comes out with something about how decadent their lives are. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2015 7:28 PM

Been there...

by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2015 7:29 PM

I've never been to Fire Island. Should I turn in my GayCard?

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2015 7:34 PM

No, r5, you should consider yourself lucky.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2015 7:40 PM

Wouldn't running a generator be too loud to hear the music? Those things sound like jet engines.

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2015 8:52 PM

It doesn't sound like he lives like this, it sounds like a weekend vacation where he had a good time. Yes, people still like to have fun.

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2015 9:00 PM

Dude needs to go to an SCA meeting.

by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2015 10:13 PM

SCA = Sucking Cock Always?

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2015 11:13 PM

The underwear party he's talking about isn't exactly filled with classic beauties. Look up Daniel Nardicio's underwear party Cherry Grove if you're interested.

by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2015 12:49 AM

please, some Lens Dunham-wannabe intern wrote this.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2015 1:03 AM

Look at ME Look at ME Look at MEEEEEEEEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 13July 17, 2015 3:42 AM

When did the NYMag paywall become so oppressive? You can usually get past it by going into private mode though.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2020 11:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!