Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Growing up, who was your hero?

My hero was Matilda. I always thought she was so cool being able to levitate objects. After viewing the film, I had recurrent dreams of myself being in situations where I would be able to levitate objects. As I found out through searching, that dreaming of being able to levitate objects means the desire for power which I did not have in life. It makes sense upon thinking back to Matilda, most children desire to have power which they do not have.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Friday at 10:49 AM

I had imaginary powers when was a kid & got lost in fantasy too, but how does that make Matilda your hero though? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

by Anonymousreply 107/14/2015

I think I may be the one who miscommunicated. I guess the thread title should be rewritten: Which fictitional character did you admire or made the greatest impact on you?

by Anonymousreply 207/14/2015

Honey, we get it, we get it. You're into Matilda. Now settle down a little, have a cold drink, and think about why other children may avoid you.

by Anonymousreply 307/14/2015

r3 certainly was nor will be no one's hero ever.

by Anonymousreply 407/14/2015

R3 LOL

by Anonymousreply 507/14/2015

Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, John Steed and Emma Peel,

by Anonymousreply 609/17/2015

Brenda Starr

by Anonymousreply 709/17/2015

Batman Hercules Xena Aries Sailor moon-that was my mother's first clue that I was gay

by Anonymousreply 809/17/2015

Vic Tayback

by Anonymousreply 909/17/2015

I don't suppose you ever read the book, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1009/17/2015

Lassie

by Anonymousreply 1109/17/2015

Al Parker

by Anonymousreply 1209/18/2015

Tina Turner

by Anonymousreply 1309/18/2015

Jem (and the hollograms)

by Anonymousreply 1409/18/2015

Abbé José Custódio de Faria

by Anonymousreply 1509/18/2015

Vivian Vance.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Friday at 10:40 AM

I absolutely loved Underdog. Dudley Doright as well.

My brother loved Mighty Mouse.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Friday at 10:44 AM

I had no heroes, looked up to no one, everyone seemed greatly flawed and not worth emulating. Maybe that is why I am so triggered by the habit lately of labeling everyone a hero. Some people go way beyond in their roles, do great things but in my book that doesn't make them heroes.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Friday at 10:47 AM

Huckleberry Hound.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Friday at 10:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!