Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OITNB’s Laura Prepon gives bizarre interview in Scientology magazine

OITNB’s Laura Prepon gives bizarre interview in Scientology magazine

Joe Williams, 14th July 2015, 1:55 PM

The star – who plays popular lesbian character Alex Voss on the show – has made a series of strange statements during an interview with a Scientology lifestyle magazine.

A recent issue of Celebrity magazine features a lengthy interview with one half of TV’s favourite lesbian couples, actress Laura Prepon, who talks openly – and rather confusingly – about the religion in a way normally reserved for members of the church only.

Until now, the long-term follower has remained quiet about Scientology, as is often the case with celebrity members.

Discussing the faith’s version of therapy – ‘auditing’ – the star made a number of bizarre, verbose statements about the benefits of the process and the religion in general.

“Honestly, I’ve become more me. The auditing has stripped away all of this charge, false ideas, decisions and mis-emotions that were affecting me,” she said.

In one the most dramatic declarations of the interview, she says: “I recently had one of my biggest cognitions in a New Era Dianetics session. I spotted this decision I made a long time ago that was affecting me to this day. It was a huge realization.”

“At the time of the incident, you make a postulate as a “pro-survival” decision, you know?”. No, Laura, we can’t say we do.

Prepon even claims that the process of auditing has made her so relaxed that other actors are begging to find our her secret: “I remember I was doing a show with an amazing actor, and we were waiting to hear the fate of our show.

“He turned to me one day and asked, ‘How are you always so relaxed? Nothing seems to bother you. I want to know what you are doing…’

“I take that as such a compliment and testament to the auditing I have done.”

Many critics of the religion claim that Scientology is nothing more than a celebrity cult, which encourages members to “audit” there emotions during intense therapy sessions, in order to become as emotionless as possible.

Scientology has also previously been accused of homophobia, after a Hollywood film director left the church, citing the religion’s opposition to gay marriage.

Paul Haggis, who directed the 2005 film Crash, was a member of the church for around 35 years, until he left in 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2020 8:22 PM

another lost hollyweirder. These people are so self-absorbed that they feel they need a special cult religion to help them cope with this, hard, cruel world!1!1!1!1!1!

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2015 2:00 PM

what a terribly written article. How many opening sentences do you need to repeat the same thing over and over?

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2015 2:03 PM

No mention of Topher's gayness, or at least his level of hungness.

FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2015 2:12 PM

I don't find it bizarre that she used Sciento language in a Sciento magazine interview. If she did an interview on Ellen using language like that, it would be bizarre. But she didn't.

If a catholic celeb did an interview in a Catholic magazine and referred to venial sin, purgatory and talked about how saying the rosary is calming to her, it would be virtually the same thing. Catholics would understand, while others would go, "hunh?"

"You know how there are four sets of mysteries in the five events in the rosary? Well, I like to focus on those events and the mysteries and it makes my life seem easy to handle."

Hunh?

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Isn't the character's surname Vause?

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2015 2:17 PM

Jewish celebrity gives bizarre, verbose interview using strange alien words!

A Jewish celebrity gave an interview with a magazine about Jewish celebrities last week. The celeb, who has appeared in several television series here in the "real world" used words and expressions like "mein yiddische grandfather from the shtetel was a real mensch" and greeted the interviewer with the oddball words "Baruch Habah!"

The actor went on to make such strange statements as, "my bubby was a baleboosteh who strictly observed kashrut and never let a morsel of traife into the house."

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2015 2:57 PM

Grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2015 3:13 PM

Sorry to hear she's a culty - terrific actress

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2015 3:22 PM

Was she born into it like Beck? I can be a little more forgiving for the ones that have been brainwashed all their life.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2015 4:07 PM

No, R9, she was sucked in by her ex-boyfriend, Chris Masterson, and her "That '70s Show" cast mate, Danny Masterson, who were born into it.

A friend of mine worked on the last few seasons of T7S. When I asked her about Prepon (several months after she'd begun working there), my friend replied, "Ugh! She's a dumb, Republican cow!" That always makes me laugh when I think about it; the way she said it, no hesitation, complete disdain.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2015 9:31 PM

Terrific actress!? You're kidding right, r8!?

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2015 9:40 PM

Culty McCulterson.

I forgive her for the duration of watching OITNB. After that, she's still a freaky scieno!

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2015 9:45 PM

Welcome to the DL scieno apologists!

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2015 9:53 PM

R10, did she have anything to say about Topher?

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2015 1:24 AM

Smart, polite, and the most reserved of the "kids"-- shy, compared to the rest of them. He did not like signing autographs and such, after the tapings (which the rest of the cast reveled in), and avoided it as much as he could. She thought he pinged/was a closet case(she's a lesbian).

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2015 5:04 AM

i'd love to top topher grace. that lithe body was made to take cock.

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2015 12:57 AM

R16 I want my mouth on every inch of Topher.

Hollywood is full of Kabbala, Cultish, Scientology, Numerology, Astrology, Tarot obsession, Occult weirdness, everywhere. It is embedded in the place and most of the stars that inhabit it. Higher ups make it clear that stars are chosen, that they are the bearers of some rare destiny, blah, blah, blah. It's all manipulation game.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2015 1:11 AM

That's how all Scios talk. It's bizzare to us, but makes total sense to them.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2015 1:33 AM

i lost all respect for her when i found out she was a scientologist and that she did a train wreck of a karla homolka film that bombed at the box-office.

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2015 4:01 PM

Another thread bashing the Church. Whatever. Laura sounds like a great person and auditing seems to have really helped her. Who are we to judge?

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2015 8:44 PM

She is totally unrecognizable in that pic, what's the deal? Surgery? Different makeup?

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2015 9:07 PM

R20 GROSS! Cult shill in our threads.... Out out damn freaks.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2015 9:19 PM

r20 see you at the clam-bake you emotionless neuter!

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2015 10:23 PM

Another bimbo who owes her so-called career to her boobs.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2015 10:55 PM

R20=Kelly Preston. AGAIN not knowing where that slut of a husband of hers is getting fucked.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2015 11:02 PM

I don't know what you bitches are talking about. I understood her perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2015 11:12 PM

Please join me in my office to screen my private videos of soon to be Mrs Laura Prepon Cruise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2015 11:43 PM

She is dreadful on OITNB. Every time she and her man-voice are on screen I want to fast forward.

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2015 11:46 PM

She's a hard looking woman.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2015 12:38 AM

Laura is great!

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2015 12:44 AM

Compare to OPs pic, Looks like she had a nose job,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2015 12:52 AM

R10 did she have anything to say about Bonnie and Terry Turner?

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2015 12:56 AM

She has some of the worst enunciation of any actress I've ever listened to. If this is the kind of bullshit she spouts, it's just as well it's hard to decipher what she says.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2015 1:36 AM

I didn't know she was a freak...I won't watch her again.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2015 1:44 AM

I like her brother Grey Prepon.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2015 2:32 AM

Is Topher Grace really gay? Or DL wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2015 2:35 AM

Was thinking about that 'auditing' today, and imagine it to be similar in aspects to confession for Catholics.

If Laura got out of $cienotology, would Danny Masterson cease to speak to her, and thereby lose his one real celeb contact? He's sucks, and is completely absorbed into $cieno.

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2015 7:30 PM

What is the price these days for a year of auditing? $50,000?

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2015 8:07 PM

[quote]Was thinking about that 'auditing' today, and imagine it to be similar in aspects to confession for Catholics.

The Catholic Church doesn't charge for confession, nor does it--to my knowledge--record every sin confessed for use in future blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2015 9:02 PM

R4 is such an obvious clam he should be living in hinged seashell.

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2015 9:05 PM

How can these people not realize how controlled they are by $cienotology? Prepon is always posting photos about her and her "besties" out at events. Those are assigned handlers. If she left $ they wouldn't even be her friends anymore!

by Anonymousreply 41December 24, 2015 12:26 AM

R6 Oy vey ist mir. It is treyf honey.

by Anonymousreply 42December 24, 2015 12:59 AM

Are there any celebrities that one would consider "normal" that are actively involved in $cientology?

by Anonymousreply 43December 27, 2015 9:31 PM

Wonder how her church responds to her lesbian activity on OITNB?

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2016 6:04 PM

She's hot in S4!

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2016 3:07 AM

R6 She's Irish and Jewish. She definitely should have diarrhea of the mouth with that combo!

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2016 3:11 AM

Is that show still on?

And is she still on it?

Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2016 3:15 AM

You care R47 !!

Yes, S4 just dropped on Netflix

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2016 3:21 AM

I knew someone would beat me to it, R35

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2016 3:28 AM

I didn't know DL was so into Topher. Yet another DL obsession that I don't get.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2020 8:17 PM

We call her "Lora Prepuce" or "Lori Grey-Proupon" around this house. Always good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2020 8:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!