Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your Thoughts On "Stand Out" Behavior/Appearance

Why do you think it is that so many gay men and lesbians are so readily identifiable? Certainly this is not true of all, but certainly a majority, I think. The demeanour, attire and overall characteristics you see are, in my opinion, learned, studied and adopted, for some reason. Thoughts? You must admit, it's an interesting subject to ponder.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2020 11:49 PM

Not the program troll again

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2015 10:01 PM

I want to talk about Madeline Ashton.... I mean, Gay Voice. I want to talk about Gay Voice.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2015 10:04 PM

FOAD

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2015 10:05 PM

Since no one can apparently dispute nor explain, like petulant children and members of the christian Reich they instead insult and call names.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2015 11:02 PM

From a U.K perspective.....

In the past, many lesbians dressed and had haircuts that rejected femininity or anthing traditionally associated with attracting men. Although some aspects of this remain, the Lesbian/ feminist combination weakened as society evolved and today there is much more blending in appearance.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2015 11:19 PM

Sounds like it, R1. Ironic considering this thread is about being "so readily identifiable."

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2015 11:21 PM

I'd say we aren't or they wouldn't have gotten away with saying we were only 1% of the population for so long.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2015 11:27 PM

It's because they know it's you, OP/R4. Probably the same reason people joke in your "what's your name" thread. Don't take it personally.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2015 11:42 PM

I'm an old lez and was told I had to choose butch or fem, when I came out. Practically ordered to, actually. I understand that butches were in mortal danger on the streets a hundred years ago and tried to pass as men. I don't understand "studs". There's no need to attempt passing anymore. With all the gender-bending, I guess femmes get a kick out of fucking a women who looks like a man but has the lady parts.

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2015 11:55 PM

Maybe human nature knows that we crave community and physical sexual contact and knows we need a way to identify eachother.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2015 1:05 AM

I think with gay men, a lot of the reason we become gay in the first place is lack of male attention. So wanting that attention is natural.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2020 11:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!