Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Men's Obsession with Sassy Black Women

I've noticed a lot of gay slang (at least modern) is pretty much taken from "ratchet" or sassy black women. I dont get the obsession. At all.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2020 5:59 PM

Wasn't this a controversy more like 5 or 10 years ago? I am sure with the pervasiveness of social media, everyone cops the most interesting vocabulary and turns of phrases these days.

Give me an example this so-called "appropriated from blacks" "gay slang" that my straight brother doesn't know, please?

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2015 3:25 PM

If anything gay slang is taken from other less mainstream gay subcultures like ballroom/ vogue culture. Terms like reading, shade, coins, gagging, come for me, I live...come from that subculture and have become mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2015 3:41 PM

It's cultural appropriation!

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2015 3:42 PM

R2 Like that Azealia Banks cunt, who's blatantly stolen gay lingo in her music and ripped off beats from ballroom music, yet has the galls to call out other musicians on "appropriation" and say gay men don't produce culture.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2015 3:49 PM

eew, she does and said that? dumb.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2015 3:50 PM

The whole idea of culture that isn't supposed to be shared or "appropriated" by those outside a certain race or group is ridiculous...reminds me of the Nazis, quite frankly. SJWs are all about separating people instead of bringing them together. Creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2015 3:52 PM

Gurrrl Please!

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2015 3:53 PM

No obsession of mine.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2015 3:54 PM

How do SBW make that noise with their gum?

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2015 4:19 PM

It's racist and effeminate

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2016 2:13 PM

I think I would get offended by the white people who start “talking black” around black people if I were black.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2020 5:49 PM

OP is wrong; the opposite is true. Some of the dumb slang that Black women use today - "Yass", "kween", etc. - comes from Black gay men, and Black women are the ones who appropriated it to such an extent, some people now think it's Black women slang.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2020 5:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!