Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Philip

Just die, old man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 29, 2020 1:52 AM

Give him a break, OP!

He's 94 years old and entitled to be a little crotchety!

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2015 1:07 AM

R1, you little bitch troll from hell!

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2015 1:10 AM

I think he s tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2015 1:13 AM

He looks like he hasn't eaten since 1973.

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2015 1:14 AM

Prince Phillip, like many in that family, is a virulent racist and apparently thinks because he's who he is he has the right to say whatever he wishes. Now is 94 years old and there are very few people that age who do not suffer from some level of senility. He's a revolving idiot. An idiot any way you turn him.

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2015 1:16 AM

Time to up his sedative meds without his knowledge and retire him, if he can't behave with basic decorum any longer.

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2015 1:17 AM

He is a terrible old bigot but I've got to admit this made me laugh. Maybe because I just spent the afternoon at a family picnic with an aged uncle continually trying to herd everyone into group pictures while elderly aunts meander around looking for their handbags. I SO wanted to tell him to just hurry the fuck up and let us get on.

by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2015 1:20 AM

Like anyone really wants to look at a photo of him at this age.

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2015 1:22 AM

He's 94. He doesn't have much time left. Would you want to waste it waiting for a photographer?

Yeah, he's likely all the bad things you say but just lately he's started to grow on me.

by Anonymousreply 9July 11, 2015 1:25 AM

He knows he could go at any time so he's not about to wait around for anything.

by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2015 1:37 AM

I would have sucked him off back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2015 1:38 AM

You can take the man out of the navy, but...

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2015 1:39 AM

R6 He never could. When I watched this on the 10 o'clock news, they of course mentioned some of the infamous cracks he's made in the past, such as saying "Still throwing spears?" to an Aborigine or asking a female naval cadet if she was really a stripper.

by Anonymousreply 13July 11, 2015 1:41 AM

R1

Fuck that, he's an evil little cunt..He should just drop already.

by Anonymousreply 14July 11, 2015 2:25 AM

No, R15.

Just... no.

by Anonymousreply 16July 11, 2015 2:37 AM

Having read these posts I can only say: Careful, Pats, entering a no fun zone.

by Anonymousreply 17July 11, 2015 3:07 AM

I saw him trending on Twitter earlier and assumed he had died, but no, still kicking and cussing.

by Anonymousreply 18July 11, 2015 3:40 AM

His crudeness can be rather funny. Loved the line about needing earplugs before going to hear Madonna. He is just crotchey because he is the woman role in the relationship and always has to walk two steps behind his wife. Small price to pay for a luxury life of doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 19July 11, 2015 3:50 AM

The Old Boy is a bigoted, nasty cunt. Yet as I watched him in the Youtube video spryly climbing the stairs, I had to remind myself that he is indeed 94 years old and still hussling, doing his job. I would suppose that at 94, every second counts, so that sitting around waiting to be snapped may indeed engender his moment of temper. He has done his job as Prince Consort to QEII for almost 70 years magnificently, and I forgive him his moments of foibles.

by Anonymousreply 20July 11, 2015 4:24 AM

You got that right, R20. Regardless of his faults (and there are some serious ones, apparently) he still works harder and complains less than his do-little grandson and granddaughter-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 21July 11, 2015 10:02 AM

R20, apologising for an asshole who calls people in China 'slitty eyes'.

That only made the media once. But a friend of mine took a gap year trip to various South East Asian countries and ended up volunteering at a conservation charity in Singapore. Prince Charles came to visit and they all had to line up to meet him. Of course most of the staff were local people. When Philip got to my white British friend in the line he said how long have you been here? My friend replied two weeks, Sir. Philip gave a mock horror gesture and said just as he had that time in China that got reported : if you don;t get out soon you'll get slitty eyes. And he also started asking if the women were 'friendly' in an inappropriate way.

He's a grotesque relic and needs to be kept shut in in the palaces.

by Anonymousreply 22July 11, 2015 12:34 PM

^Philip, not Charles

by Anonymousreply 23July 11, 2015 12:35 PM

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 24July 11, 2015 12:44 PM

He's 94. He can say whatever the fuck he wants.

by Anonymousreply 25July 11, 2015 12:46 PM

R22 I would hardly catagorise "bigoted, nasty cunt" as an "apology". Perhaps where you come from it is.

In my work, I've had the opportunity, or perhaps misfortune, to hear leaders of countries and senior government ministers express the most vile, bigoted comments. However, since the cameras and voice recorders weren't around, their positive public image remains unsullied.

(And yes, I'm well aware of the DofE's "slitty eyes" story/comments.)

by Anonymousreply 26July 11, 2015 12:59 PM

R21 What do William and Kate complain about? Shut up, you stupid frau.

by Anonymousreply 27July 11, 2015 1:05 PM

You dismissed his racism as an amusing 'foible', R20, despite kicking off your post with a zinger.

And, do spill.

by Anonymousreply 28July 11, 2015 1:19 PM

[quotePrince Philip, the 94-year-old Duke of Edinburgh and husband to Queen Elizabeth was sitting for a photo with other very well-dressed gentlemen Friday when he told the photographer to “just take the f—ing picture.”

HA HA HA

Good for him. Of course if he was a black gansta rapper you'd think that was cool to abuse the paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 29July 11, 2015 1:26 PM

[quote]You dismissed his racism as an amusing 'foible'

Amusing? Your interpretation. But I don't think any worse of the man because he says in public what many in positions of power say in private, and far more bigoted/racist.

Spill? Can't. They'll kill me if I do.

by Anonymousreply 30July 11, 2015 1:30 PM

Rooger Rees is dead, but this guy and Dick Cheney and Rupert Murdoch live on. If there was a God I'd be a Satanist.

by Anonymousreply 31July 11, 2015 2:02 PM

The idiot Brits, like R1, revere this sort of obnoxious entitlement. They'll claim that he's "old" and 'charmingly refreshingly honest' and how tired he is of having his photo taken.. When in fact, he's an entitled cunt who's never worked a day in his life, has never earned a thing and lives in castles and palaces on what common people struggle to provide for him so that he can act this way, just like his vile wife and children.

The British are a poorly evolved society, too inbred and ignorant to realize how embarrassing clinging to these relics of the Middle Ages actually is.

by Anonymousreply 32July 11, 2015 3:19 PM

He killed Dee-Dee and Mohammed. Murdererer!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33July 11, 2015 3:22 PM

I mean Dee-Dee and Dody!!!!! Mohammed was Dody's Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 34July 11, 2015 3:23 PM

[R32] I'm English and agree with you. However Prince Phillip is Greek. The British do have a weird reverence to this kind of entitlement, but the Americans also seem strangely captivated by it too. There's a whole tourist trade based on it. I also think it's wrong to say the Americans have no class system, when you clearly do, it may not be as defined but it's there.

by Anonymousreply 35July 11, 2015 3:25 PM

He is an evil man who is terrified to die lest he have to answer for his deeds on earth in any sort of after-life. He's the UK's version of George H.W. Bush who also lives on and on, fearing hellfire with good reason.

by Anonymousreply 36July 11, 2015 3:26 PM

I like how amused William is by it. That embarrassed amused you get when your grandmother says something like "the chinks are the best at running a cleaners".

by Anonymousreply 37July 11, 2015 3:28 PM

A perfect example of the "class" and "breeding" (or is that in-breeding) of the aristocracy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 11, 2015 3:29 PM

Come on, he made it through the entire trip to Germany last week without saying anything that caused an international incident with the Germans. He deserves some credit for that. You know he was tempted.

by Anonymousreply 39July 11, 2015 3:37 PM

Wasn't his cousin Lord Mountbatten a notorious paedo out in India etc who like very young girls and boys? He also introduced Jimmy Saville to the Royals. I still think there's a huge scandal in there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 40July 11, 2015 3:39 PM

R32 Don't tarnish us all with the same brush! I personally loathe the monarchy and want it to be abolished. I also know a lot of people (Brits) who feel the same way.

by Anonymousreply 41July 11, 2015 4:31 PM

R28 Yes, please do!

by Anonymousreply 42July 11, 2015 11:47 PM

When you have hereditary privilege this is what you get.

by Anonymousreply 43July 12, 2015 1:11 AM

[quote]he's an entitled cunt who's never worked a day in his life

Well, he fought in WWII at least.

by Anonymousreply 44July 12, 2015 1:16 AM

R32 the Brits don't revere this. Really. Most don't care one way or the other, some (usually elderly) love the royals, a sizeable portion are staunch republicans. It was a close thing a few years ago whether they were going to have a referendum on getting rid of the royals.

by Anonymousreply 45July 12, 2015 1:20 AM

He's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 46July 12, 2015 1:27 AM

Cadaverous

by Anonymousreply 47July 12, 2015 1:45 AM

I wonder it feels like when you're that age. Do you think he feels the way he looks?

by Anonymousreply 48July 12, 2015 1:46 AM

The most interesting thing about Prince Phillip, to my mind, is his mother. A deaf, mental institution alumna princess turned nun who smoked and loved to play cards. That picture of her in that grey habit walking out of Westminster abbey at ER's coronation is striking.

by Anonymousreply 49July 12, 2015 2:07 AM

It's hard to believe he is 94.

He doesn't look a day over 93 and a half.

by Anonymousreply 50July 12, 2015 2:11 AM

You're all going slitty eyed, you fussy poofs!

by Anonymousreply 51July 12, 2015 3:52 AM

R32 As a British person, I can confirm that, no, we do not endorse his behaviour.

Everyone I know, including the royalists, think he's a dinosaur and a national embarrassment who shouldn't be allowed to operate on any sort of diplomatic level representing us. It's just, short of storming Buckingham Palace with pitchforks we're stuck with him for now.

And I concede we are still dealing with the vestiges of a class based system. It's one many of us find obnoxious and incidious. However, all countries have their baggage. We're not as in thrall to wealth being a person's value signifier as the U.S., for instance. Nor do we have America's legacy of segregation. And though racism exists everywhere, our nation is not in a constant state of undeclared race war with itself. We don't accept guns as necessary in a modern, civilised society. We're secular. We don't believe people should suffer or die because of poverty which is why we have a free at the point of care health system.

See, I'm annoyed now because I love America and Americans so much - but you insulted my imperfect, but not without its positives, country so I naturally felt compelled to defend it.

by Anonymousreply 52July 12, 2015 4:18 AM

This Mirror article has 93 of HRH's more infamous comments. I laughed out loud at several.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 12, 2015 4:40 AM

Philip is a foul, nasty ol' thing.

by Anonymousreply 54July 12, 2015 5:07 AM

I sometimes wonder if he has suffered strokes. I know he was ill and hospitalized a few times around 2 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 55July 12, 2015 5:12 AM

What few people realize about Prince Philip is the degree of tragedy in his family. His grandfather (King George I of Greece), the uncle who raised him (Lord Mountbatten), Lord Mountbatten's grandson, two of his mother's aunts (Czarina Alexandra and Grand Duchess Elizabeth), and five of his mother's first cousins (the children of Czar Nicholas II) were all assassinated. His sister and her family were killed in a plane crash. His mother, Princess Alice, was in a sanatarium for many years and was a religious fanatic. His father, who had to flee from Greece because of actions that were considered by the army to be treasonable, had almost nothing to do with Philip. Philip, although a Prince of Greece and Denmark, was mostly raised by his British grandmother (a granddaughter of Queen Victoria) who lived in Kensington Palace, and by his two Mountbatten uncles. For a prince, he was impoverished. Having the heiress to the British throne fall in love with him was his enormous stroke of luck. None of this excuses his bad behaviors, but after a career in the Royal Navy, he has supported his wife in her duties for 63 years.

by Anonymousreply 56July 12, 2015 6:38 PM

His mother was never a nun. She just decided to start dressing in a nun's habit (because she was batty). She even had a formal habit designed for her son's wedding to QEII.

by Anonymousreply 57July 12, 2015 7:04 PM

He's a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 58July 12, 2015 7:05 PM

R57 She was a nun. She actually founded a nursing order of nuns in Greece but it failed.

by Anonymousreply 59July 12, 2015 7:09 PM

That's not very nice, OP. How would you like it if people rooted for your death on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 60August 29, 2020 12:02 AM

Only the severely stupid and nearly bestial attack the old, OP.

by Anonymousreply 61August 29, 2020 12:10 AM

Just die, old fat cunt, R60.

Fuck you and your fat ugly mom, the 2015 cunttroll!!

by Anonymousreply 62August 29, 2020 12:10 AM

Philip said “Bitch I’ll die when I feel like it! Clean up this urine, slave!”

Because he peed himself.

He lost bladder control like 9 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 63August 29, 2020 12:14 AM

Doesn't he live with his mistress. Some blonde toff

by Anonymousreply 64August 29, 2020 12:16 AM

Does it still work tho, R64?

by Anonymousreply 65August 29, 2020 12:17 AM

He's an aged asshole. He's probably still angry that he can't drive a car any more (at least not on public roads).

by Anonymousreply 66August 29, 2020 12:18 AM

r60 is the Threads-from-Five-Years-Ago-Bumping Troll.

by Anonymousreply 67August 29, 2020 12:39 AM

by Anonymousreply 68August 29, 2020 12:43 AM

"Uncle" Lord Mountbatten arranged for Philip to chaperone Elizabeth and Margaret on a trip abroad. His Lordship thought it was his way toward power in the Royal Family. Philip was set up. He was very unhappy as the Queen's husband. He wanted to work toward improving the country but he was rebuffed at every turn, mostly by the Queen Mother. "It was not his role to work." They even refused to give his children his surname "Mountbatten" .

After decades of being a second class citizen in the Royal Family, I don't blame him for being crusty. He was an ambitious man with no right to contribute anything meaningful.

by Anonymousreply 69August 29, 2020 12:48 AM

More highly relevant five year old bumps

by Anonymousreply 70August 29, 2020 1:18 AM

I love when the lizard people start to lose their ability to shapeshift!

by Anonymousreply 71August 29, 2020 1:33 AM

As part of the world’s richest welfare family, he’s just sick of all the societal oppression

by Anonymousreply 72August 29, 2020 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!