Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maya Rudolf needs a good vehicle.

She's funny, talented and so likeable. More so than a lot of other comediennes these days.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2021 12:18 AM

She also needs someone to spell her last name right

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2015 12:02 PM

OOPs my shame Rudolph

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2015 12:06 PM

I'm selling my Camry.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2015 12:34 PM

OP, I adore Maya Rudolph and I'm sure you'll find a lot of us confirmed bachelors do, too. I think the things that made Maya so appealing on SNL, even when the writing wasn't up to snuff - that wild look in her eyes, the boldness, having just the right screws loose - are probably what make her a bit ill suited for less broad comedy. Anytime I've seen her do more low key stuff - like that short-lived sitcom she was on - she's seemed hamstrung; holding back. Honestly, she could be marvelous in a well written musical comedy role, but I doubt with her 57 children she could commit to an 8 show/wk schedule and she'd probably get bored performing the same thing night after night. Her variety special on NBC, while hardly perfect, seemed like the best vehicle for her since SNL.

Anywa, if we can get her, Amy P and Tina Fey back on SNL once a season, I'll be happy.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2015 12:46 PM

Too bad about that face tho

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2015 1:45 PM

Gee I think she looks fine. Her unique face is part of her likability! And its so rubbery and expressive.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2015 1:55 PM

She just started on an IFC miniseries last night called The Spoils For The Dying. Two half hour episodes every Wednesday.

It's a murder mystery set in the Jazz world

It has many well-known actors. I'm watching because the lead is played by the actor who played Omar on The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2015 2:01 PM

OP, you should tell her baby daddy P.T. Anderson to write her a good role then.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2015 2:07 PM

I enjoy her acting, but always find myself trying to figure out if she's unfortunate-looking or if I'm just a closet uncultured bigot.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2015 2:13 PM

Sparkle needs a remake. Third times the charm!

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2015 2:23 PM

She had Bridesmaids.

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2021 11:20 PM

Maya said her value to SNL was that she could play any ethnic persuasion. I thought she had so much more to offer and wish she and Martin Short had been given more time to develop their variety show.

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2021 11:25 PM

Butter face.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2021 11:38 PM

Yet another thread from 2015. Somebody on DL is really digging into the archives.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2021 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!