Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sheets for a sweaty sleeper

I have always been a sweaty sleeper, particularly as an adult. My sheets wind up getting very discolored as a result, and so i have to buy new ones more frequently than most people do.

Is there anything I can do about this? (Always cautious about asking advice for medical concerns on DL) have any of you tried wicking sheets, and do they work at all?

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2021 3:32 AM

I have a similar problem. Just buy off-white sheets.

Also don't use benzoyl peroxide because that, and not necessarily the sweat, is what's doing the discoloring.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2015 7:21 PM

Aim some fans at your bed at night.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2015 7:36 PM

MICROFIBER. Cool, silky, comfortable, stain resistant, and surprisingly inexpensive.

If these don't work, your screwed.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2015 8:05 PM

As a massage therapist, I sometimes remove massage oil from sheets by throwing a cup of white vinegar into the wash with them. You've probably run through the gamut of tips and tricks already, but if you haven't tried white vinegar yet, give it a whirl.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2015 8:12 PM

Get your sweat glands botoxed!

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2015 3:42 AM

Would the best solution be to get off-white all-cotton sheets, and then use OxyClean when I wash them?

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2015 7:00 AM

I thought this thread was called "Sweets For a Sweaty Shopper." How disappointing! Can someone start that thread, please? Parody is fine, of course.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2015 7:15 AM

Turn on a fucking air conditioner. Who the fuck can sleep while so hot you're sweating? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2015 7:25 AM

You have to keep the AC at a very low temperature to keep it from cycling off at night, and that means a very high electric bill. That's why it will keep you cooler to aim fans at your bed at night. It isn't as if this is some unheard of problem. Ask any menopausal woman.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2015 8:54 AM

I use both a/c and fans. This is independent of them--it's a condition called hyperhidrosis.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2015 2:25 PM

Get dark blue, dark green, or puce sheets. Combine with pillow cases that have matching color stripes.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2015 6:49 PM

Stop drinking so much alcohol and you’ll stop sweating like a pig, OP. Worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2021 12:34 AM

Bamboo sheets

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2021 12:38 AM

100 percent cotton jersey sheets. Microfiber is polyester. Cotton jersey sheets are the same as T-shirt material. If you have a mattress pad, try really hard to find one that is ALL cotton, including the padding. The padding is usually polyester, but all cotton is out there. What is super important is that the shell of the mattress pad is 100 percent cotton as well, otherwise it won't breathe and you'll sweat even if a cotton sheet is on top.

Bamboo sheets are also good, but so many sellers especially on Amazon lie about the fabric content, so try to buy from how to put this nicely....Not China.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2021 12:41 AM

Try one of these:

Microwave therapy. With this therapy, a device that delivers microwave energy is used to destroy sweat glands. Treatments involve two 20- to 30-minute sessions, three months apart. Possible side effects are a change in skin sensation and some discomfort. This therapy may be expensive and not widely available.

Sweat gland removal. If excessive sweating occurs just in your armpits, removing the sweat glands there may help. A minimally invasive technique called suction curettage may be an option, too, if you aren't responding to other treatments.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2021 2:13 AM

I know this is an old thread but the 100% bamboo microfiber sheets from Hotel Sheets Direct on Amazon are the best ones I have found. They are cooling and pretty durable.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2021 2:25 AM

Sheetsh for a Schwetty Schleaper.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2021 3:06 AM

Try bamboo or eucalyptus sheets

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2021 3:08 AM

You needs sheets for a shweaty shleeper? Why, try SHILK shweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2021 3:21 AM

OP, I don;t have hyperhydrosis but I am a sweaty sleeper.

Bamboo works well for me. Also, if you buy cotton sheets, be sure NOT to buy a high thread count. 250-300 is perfectly comfortable to sleep upon, and the higher the thread count, the harder it is for the body to "breathe" through the sheets,

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2021 3:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!