Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Catastrophe" (British sitcom) with Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney

Is anyone watching this? It's streaming on Amazon Prime. It stars Sharon Horgan (of the fantastic, late, lamented "Pulling) with American comedian Rob Delaney. They play a couple who have a fling in London before he heads back to the States, she gets pregnant, and he goes back to see what to do about it.

"Pulling" made "Ab Fab" look like The Waltons, and Sharon Horgan brings some of that energy to this, but it's not entirely pitch black comedy. Delaney is very appealing (and hairy), like a more regular guy version of Jon Hamm.

I immediately thought of Datalounge when Sharon went to a doctor to get a second opinion about a growth in her twat, and he didn't need to examine her to confirm it. "It's not like fibromyalgia," he said, "where you can decide whether or not you have it."

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2019 8:04 PM

Thanks for the tip, OP. Been looking for a new Britcom since the wonderful Friday Night Dinner went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2015 1:50 AM

This is worth a watch. How're, the last few minutes of the final episode seemed like it came from a different series with different characters entirely.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2015 9:54 PM

I agree R2. I loved the series, some funny stuff (and "Pulling" was fabulous) but the last episode did not ring true for the behavior of the characters we had been watching up until that point.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2015 4:40 AM

I enjoyed the last episode until those last 5 minutes or so. I was like, is this a "dream sequence"? Then fin so apparently not. But I will watch next season

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2015 4:52 AM

The anal message bro-bonding sequence was hilarious. And the supporting characters her great -- Chris, Dave, Fran (from "ugly Betty"), and the matron of honor character (she's an actress from the mike Leigh repertoire isn't she?) were fantastic. As were the two leads. I'm so perplexed by those last few minutes tho. Bitches, watch this show. It's a 2.5 hour commitment

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2015 4:59 AM

Just finished the second season. God Sharon is such a miserable hypocritical cunt, why would Rob stay with her? And her wardrobe was hideous

Didn't realize that the actor who plays the obnoxious but likable Dave was the hot swimmer beau in Muriel's Wedding. Sill looks good IMO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2016 6:12 AM

Mark Bonnar is really sexy, wish the show would feature more of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2016 11:45 AM

he's creepy more than sexy r7, though he's funny. I won't spoil his sexual explorations in season 2. I enjoyed the Daniel Lapaine (Dave) character more, Very good acting by both of them, however. Rob Delaney is charismatic, but not the best actor.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2016 1:27 PM

I would pay good money to be able to snuggle up to Delaney's massively hair chest.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2016 1:47 PM

I enjoyed Pulling but really didn't like Catastrophe. It starts out fine, but then just sinks. It becomes uninteresting very quickly and Horgan is too whiny.

If you're looking for a good sitcom, try Fresh Meat. They just finished their final season.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2016 1:51 PM

Carrie Fisher is also in as Delaney's foul-mouthed Americab mother

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2016 1:55 PM

***American

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2016 1:55 PM

Binged the final season tonight. Did anyone watch the last episode?

*SPOILERS*. Are they going to drown in the riptide or struggle through by the skin of their teeth like they always seem to do?

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2019 10:08 AM

SPOILERS

R13 The ending was ambiguous but I'm going with the darker interpretation that they were swept out to sea like the final shot suggested. The children were safely asleep, they knew it was dangerous but went in anyway and as I said before, the last shot had them a long way out from the shore. They're not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2019 10:14 AM

Love that!

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2019 10:18 AM

I don’t think Sharon saw the sign about riptides but Rob sure did.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2019 10:55 PM

I didn’t think it was THAT dark. Rob swam out to save her, they’ll get through it together. I hardly think they would leave their children as orphans. Be serious.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2019 11:40 PM

Doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2019 11:43 PM

Tried to like this but Sharon is such a horrible cunt I couldn’t stand her past three episodes. Don’t get why people love the show so much. Rob Delaney is furry and smoking hot though.

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2019 1:00 AM

It took me a few episodes to get into because they’re both so mean to each other. Horgan’s humor is very caustic.

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2019 5:00 AM

I love Horgan's caustic humor, and all the horrible, hilarious supporting characters.

[quote] I enjoyed the last episode until those last 5 minutes or so. I was like, is this a "dream sequence"? Then fin so apparently not. But I will watch next season

This was the final season, which I think is why the last five minutes were so out-of-left-field.

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2019 5:58 AM

Suppose in a couple years or so they could reboot it but totally understand why Rob, probably, wanted it to end.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2019 6:25 AM

Rob Delaney needs more nude roles. Such a hairy slab of beef... Yummy DILF!

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2019 7:36 AM

Too meaty in his face and body for me. Reminds me of farts.

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2019 7:47 AM

That was a weird metaphor r24, but it was funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2019 8:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!