Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson's Shocking Claim

"Russell Wilson says he and girlfriend Ciara aren't having sex, and that has people all abuzz"

When it comes to athletes and sex, fans are naturally curious — especially when they date other very public figures.

In Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and pop singer Ciara you have the perfect mashup to get the Internet buzzing about what they're up to. But Wilson dropped a mini-bomb on Sunday in an appearance at The Rock Church in San Diego when he said, about midway through a lengthy interview, that he and his celebrity girlfriend are remaining abstinent.

Here's how Wilson came upon the story to host and pastor Miles McPherson, a former NFL player:

[quote] “I remember she was on tour, she was traveling. I was looking at her in the mirror. She was in the dressing room getting ready to go before she went on stage, and she was sitting there, and God spoke to me and said, ‘I need you to lead her.’

[quote] "And I was like, ‘Really?’ And he was like, ‘No, I want you to lead her.’ So I told her, ‘What would you do if we took all of that extra stuff off the table and just did it Jesus’ way?’ And she was relieved.'"

Later, when McPherson asked Wilson what he meant by "extra stuff," he said sex. Later, he had a funny line when Wilson said, “I ain’t going to lie to you all now. I need you all to pray for us. I know you’ve seen her on the screen. If there’s a 10, she’s a 15.”

That made the church crowd in attendance laugh. And it made the Internet giggle. Nothing gets the masses' juices flowing like celebrity relationships, and if you mix in strong religious faith and — let's face it — sex, people lose their minds. Either in stauch defense or shocked disbelief, it seems.

That's the risk Wilson and other athletes who proclaim such things are running: They put themselves out there for mockery, and even with the adulation he'll get from the Christian community for this, there also will be odd backlash.

With any pro-religious stance, the question is why people care in the first place. Why should Wilson — and heck, look at Tim Tebow and Lolo Jones — be chided for his faith? All because he doesn't have premarital sex with his girlfriend?

It has been quite a year for Wilson. Guy throws the Super Bowl-ending interception on the goal line. He goes down to spring training (again) and sparks a debate about his looming contract status. Now this Ciara deal, which has people all hot and bothered. What's next?

Tebow struck a strong nerve with his strong religious faith, and Wilson might be entering that territory the more he opens up about his personal life the way he did Sunday. But cheers to a young man who is comfortable in his own skin to admit such a thing when it's easy to keep that to himself. Wilson is outspoken in his faith and he told a very personal story to back it up. That takes guts, and it's not for everyone.

So please, lay off the guy a bit for putting himself out there, will you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2020 3:48 AM

So GAY

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2015 5:05 PM

Ciara is a lez

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2015 5:09 PM

What is shocking about a Christian living according to the Bible and the teachings of their Lord and God, Jesus Christ?

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2015 5:29 PM

Nothing, R3.

We're two heterosexual young men with raging hormones in a professional football league with women throwing themselves at us.

And we REFUSE to have any sex whatsoever.

We're perfectly normal.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2015 5:35 PM

Has the quarterback with the womanly ass commented?

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2015 5:37 PM

What bothers me is how hung up these fundies are on sexual matters while ignoring other moral issues. In Russell's case though he does a lot of very public pr charity events his own greed to get the highest salary in the NFL causes nary the blink of an eye. In the case of the Seahawks his demanding to be paid more than all the top tier QBs literally takes money from other much less paid players. Greed is after all one of the infamous "7 Deadly Sins". The rules of the salary cap in the NFL give a fixed amount for each team to spend on player salaries so every dollar that goes to his demands comes out of the pockets of players that often are paid much much less. Apparently greed and rampant egoism are fine while adults having consensual sex is dirty. No wonder these people are so fucked up.

The potential gay subtext goes without saying. Why even bring up the issue of what he and his current gf are or are not doing? It seems he has a certain image he wants to project and continues to do it rather clumsily and with far too much conscious forethought. And to add to the mix is the "God speaks to me directly" nonsense. Either this guy is genuinely delusional or on an ego trip of gigantic proportions. I used to be a strong supporter of his. This stuff has finally put me off him. The Seahawks should let him go. I understand completely now why there were rumblings of internal turmoil on the team.

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2015 8:55 PM

She's a virgin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2015 9:16 PM

Gayface for days.

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2015 9:20 PM

he hasn't had pussy since pussy had him.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2015 9:23 PM

Too handsome to waste on women who don't know how to make a man feel good.

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2015 9:40 PM

That haircut just screams gay. He's not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2015 11:51 PM

I think he's telling the truth. I also think he's gay, but for other reasons unrelated to Ciara. Ciara is having typical relationship patterns that women and some men have. She just left the bad boy Future who didn't treat her right, but was banging her back out. Now she is all reformed since that is out of her system, and she is actually looking for someone gives a shit about her and her kid. Ciara reminds me of Meagan Good who allegedly was a slut, but held out when she found her current husband who is a minister. Some people have a difficulty assessing partners when sex is involved.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2015 12:41 AM

On this month's VANITY FAIR "Best Dressed" List.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2015 6:56 PM

What is shocking about a Christian living in accordance with the divine mandates of the Bible and historic Christian commands? It should not be news.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2015 7:10 PM

When can we start outing him?

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2015 1:07 AM

Is he or is t gay...is that the poll? Oh no, I voted no but I meant to vote yes? I thought the op was asking us to leave him alone which is why I voted no.

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2015 1:15 AM

I bet he goes home with Aaron Rodgers tonight.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2015 1:27 AM

I don't think either is other's type.

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2015 1:42 AM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2015 1:42 AM

FF R3.

by Anonymousreply 20September 21, 2015 1:45 AM

Christians are so weird. Why,if you were a true Christian,would you be talking about this shit in public anyway ? At least Timmie doesn't go skipping around lisping "Im pure,Im pure".He mustbe hung like a gerbil if she was "relieved" at his decision.

by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2015 1:53 AM

He should've just divorced the wife and came out. I mean the man is at the top of his field, it would've been trans formative to professional sports. He is great looking and could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

But he just has to take us through all these stunts. This is why I sometimes champion the vindictive queens that love to trap these guys and out them. Its ok though, Russell is outing himself. I knew he was gay when I heard about his divorce. But after he opened his mouth with this whole Ciara thing the media figured it out.

by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2015 2:42 AM

WHY do so many celebs feel the need to tell us about their sex lives? They're probably going to piss off more people (ppl) than they please, so why tell us in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 23September 21, 2015 2:56 AM

When can we out him?

by Anonymousreply 24September 21, 2015 5:35 PM

R4 Staying chaste before you're married makes it more special when you are married. Not that you whores would know.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2020 3:04 PM

The 2015 Bump Troll's shtick ^ was interesting for a minute, but now it's just tired.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2020 2:50 AM

There is a thread trying to be buried on DL. Whenever bump troll bumps it's to hide a thread

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2020 3:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!