Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Clinton Reassures Gay Teen Worried About His Future: ‘Your Future Will Be Amazing’

Leading Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, took to Facebook on Friday to offer words of encouragement and advice from a ‘grown-up’ to a gay teen worried about his future.

Clinton shared her kind words in response to a photo posted by the page of Humans of New York, a project run by photographer Brandon Stanton.

“I’m a homosexual and I’m afraid about what my future will be and that people won’t like me,” Stanton quotes the teenager captured in his photograph as saying.

Less than an hour after Stanton posted the photo, the official Clinton campaign Facebook account left the following comment: “Prediction from a grown-up: Your future is going to be amazing. You will surprise yourself with what you’re capable of and the incredible things you go on to do. Find the people who love and believe in you – there will be lots of them.”

The message was signed ‘-H’ to indicate that she had written the post herself.

Clinton’s deputy communications director for the Hillary for America campaign, Kristina Schake, shared the comment on Twitter:

A few hours after the post was shared on Facebook, it was removed without explanation. Brandon Stanton, the creator of Humans of New York posted the following message:

Seems that Facebook removed the young man’s brave statement and is now preventing me from uploading any further photos. I’m hoping it was a mistake. It is currently still on Instagram and I’m trying to figure out how to get it back up. After complaints from the blog’s fans, Facebook reversed the decision and allowed the photo to be reposted. However, the former Secretary of State’s message was missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2022 8:28 PM

YIPPEE

Fabulous!!

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2015 4:44 PM

For awhile. Just don't grow old.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2015 4:46 PM

"...unlike your past, which would have consisted of my husband signing DOMA and DADT into law! Be glad you're young!"

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2015 4:56 PM

Poor r3, not understanding that those were good things for us.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2015 4:59 PM

Fucking Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2015 5:05 PM

The "Gay Teen" Facebook page was created by Hill's team so she could provide a response. When this fact became known it was yanked.

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2015 5:19 PM

[quote]The "Gay Teen" Facebook page was created by Hill's team so she could provide a response. When this fact became known it was yanked.

Humans of New York has been around for years. Actually, back to when she was still Secretary of State. She's certainly running a long con, especially considering she could (and did) accomplish the same thing with an It Gets Better video.

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2015 5:24 PM

Just remember, Gay Teen, the sacred institution of marriage is between one man and one woman and that is one of the fixed, unyielding, bedrock foundational principles of civilized society. Oh wait, this is 2015 and the political wind has shifted. Well, fuck my commitment to fixed, unyielding, bedrock foundational principles of civilized society. Power is what matters. Vote for me!

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2015 5:28 PM

I'll probably end up voting for Clinton since the alternatives are even more dreadful. I don't think she blows her nose without taking it to focus groups, and polling agencies first. Nothing she does comes from the goodness of her heart, it's planned, calculated and served up for a willing media.

by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2015 5:28 PM

DANCE, GAY PUPPETS, DANCE!

by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2015 5:33 PM

Heh -- R10

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2015 8:12 PM

The "Gay Teen" Facebook page? You're suggesting Clinton BOUGHT time on Humans Of New York? You think that photographer is the phony, sell-out sort who would go along with that? Is that what you're suggesting?

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2015 6:20 AM

[quote]Just remember, Gay Teen, the sacred institution of marriage is between one man and one woman and that is one of the fixed, unyielding, bedrock foundational principles of civilized society. Oh wait, this is 2015 and the political wind has shifted. Well, fuck my commitment to fixed, unyielding, bedrock foundational principles of civilized society. Power is what matters. Vote for me!

Begone, freeper fuck! You have no power here!

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2015 6:27 AM

R13, Pathetic of you to think all people who dislike and distrust Hillary are Freepers. That arrogant know-it-all attitude is what caused her to lose the nomination in 2008. Hillary made no bones about the fact the she defined marriage as one man, one woman in accordance with time-honored tradition when the was the right answer for a calculating vote-grubber to give.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2015 6:35 AM

And no one in your little world can change their mind? You forget she extended spousal benefits to everyone at State in 2009. What did she have to gain from that.

By your logic, matricide is okay as long as you were for it 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2015 6:43 AM

Obama was for it, then against it, then for it again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2015 6:54 AM

Kirsten Gillibrand was against it before she was for it. Shall I go on?

Most Democrats were against it at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2015 6:56 AM

Freeper's favorite statements are either about this or how at one time Democrats were the ones who were racist. They never talk about the present where no GOP have changed their mind on marriage equality yet and the GOP are the racist ones--see Donald Trump & all the other bozos.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2015 8:23 AM

He looks like he's 7 years old. Precocious little queen!

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2015 9:58 AM

The true secret about Hillary that terrifies freepers the most is that she's actually a cool person who wins people over -- even republicans -- when she works with them. They're most intimidated by her success, even though they love working with her.

She barely won her senate seat the first time she ran, but kept it by a landslide for her second election.

I'm 100% Team Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2015 12:09 PM

r20 Hillary's visits to small communities to find out what people are thinking was a scam. The locals were pre-selected and given the statements for Hillary to hear.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2015 12:21 PM

R21 makes my case.

Do you get paid per post :?)

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2015 1:10 PM

I know she meant well, but I am so fucking tired of straight people telling gay people not to worry about their futures! All my straight friends are very supportive and they want me to be happy, but I want to strangle them when they try to offer me relationship advice. It's so much harder for gay men to find happiness and denying that FACT is counterproductive (and patronizing).

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2015 1:19 PM

[quote]"...unlike your past, which would have consisted of my husband signing DOMA and DADT into law! Be glad you're young!"

Stop posting inconvenient facts, R3. They're not allowed in threads about the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2021 1:59 AM

Hillary is irrelevant now.

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2021 2:12 AM

But the 2015 Troll is clearly alive and well!

by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote]Hillary is irrelevant now.

Somebody tell her!

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2021 2:21 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2022 4:22 PM

I bet he’s transitioned now.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2022 4:29 PM

What a load of crap. Younger generations will be contending with climate change, higher inequality, lower wages, no property ownership, and increased caring responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2022 5:10 PM

You’re doing AMAZING, sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2022 8:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!