Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking (seriously): Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner getting a D-I-V-O-R-C-E

yep!

by Anonymousreply 262May 16, 2018 7:09 AM

http://www.people.com/article/ben-affleck-jennifer-garner-split http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/30/ben-affleck-jennifer-garner-divorce/

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2015 9:04 PM

Sorry, here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2015 9:05 PM

Can we hope for some dirt on Ben's wig?

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2015 9:08 PM

Ben's an alcoholic, that's why

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2015 9:10 PM

I bet his addictions to pussy and gambling were bigger problems than the booze.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2015 9:13 PM

It must be a big load off their shoulders to finally make it public.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2015 9:13 PM

This could be bad for him because being married put something of a lid on his self destructive behavior. Now that he doesn't have to worry about her finding out he will have a free for all. There was also a rumor that he has been seeing Lopez again and that she is considering trying with him again. She thinks she can change him this time.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2015 9:15 PM

No one feels sorry for her, right? She lost him, the same way she got him. There is no where else for her to trade up to. Whore!

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2015 9:18 PM

Their work certainly improved during this period. Bad marriage agrees with them both. Any way he will end up back with J. Lo? There has always been the hint that they were the real match -- maybe it's Taylor and Burton all over again.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2015 9:21 PM

I don't recall, was he with JLo when he hooked up with Garner?

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2015 9:23 PM

Me and little J-O-E... are going away.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2015 9:25 PM

Why did they wait a day after their 10th anniv? A prenup thing?

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2015 9:26 PM

I'm not the expert by a long shot but I think the J.Lo thing died on its own accord before Garner came along.

Odd, he is not oner I would ever think to be one of my favorite actors -- but he has starred in two of my favorite movies of the decade thus far. And she, definitely no Streep, has starred in one. So maybe discord made them dig deeper. :)

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2015 9:27 PM

This her 3 rd divorce right (or 2nd )? Was she married to her Alias costar ? What a shameless woman

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2015 9:30 PM

I think they genuinely loved each other but he's a party boy. I also think if the media hadn't gone insane over Bennifer, they would've stayed together. People were bad-mouthing Jlo, and making fun of Ben and it was relentless. He broke it off because he got too much shit for being with her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2015 9:33 PM

And professionally they were not a good match. But people were gunning for them at the time. Wonder if that would change now. The old "true love found again" angle?

Must admit she still looks great as does he. What, 20 years later almost?

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2015 9:35 PM

Who is more happy reading this news me or Jennifer Lopez?

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2015 9:35 PM

Also, like most people who find stardom early, they both went through an insufferable period, both apart and then together -- where Affleck was writing bad cliched essays for mens magazines about how "he didn't like what he saw when he looked in the mirror" or whatever and JLo was being the tacky fur-defending unapologetic bitch that people couldn't wait to bring down. Now they're both much more grounded, as if there was anywhere to go but that direction.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2015 9:39 PM

[quote] She lost him, the same way she got him

By getting pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2015 9:44 PM

Jlo is too diva for him, Ben wants a woman who brings him beer while he watches tv, the sex fades after a while. Plus she's popped out twins, can you imagine how loose her vag is? Garner's vag is probably too loose for him after 3 or 4 kids. How can you expect a movie star to climax in such a loose vag? He needs young tight pussy. He will be getting loads of those, if not already.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2015 9:45 PM

I can't believe people are still shipping Bennifer 1.0.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2015 9:49 PM

I knew it was over when I read that he asked David Fincher to cast Emily Ratajkowski as his mistress in Gone Girl. A mere mortal man can watch this video and only wish, but a movie star who takes advantage of his status, can make it happen. He wanted meet and fuck her, and he did. Then I heard he fucks a lot of women on his movie sets. Video NSFW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2015 10:00 PM

Did his mom die? That's the only way the JLo thing is coming back. His family HATED her. Too bad bennifer pushed out that save my marriage son. It never works.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2015 10:00 PM

Eh, speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2015 10:03 PM

How come the press didn't continue calling Affleck and Garner 'Bennifer'? I realize it was their moniker for Affleck and J.Lo first, but they could've still used it.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2015 10:09 PM

He ain't all that!

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2015 10:13 PM

R7 Didn't Garner break up Ben and Jlo? How you get him is how you lose him..She better grab that money before it's gambled and gone forever.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2015 10:21 PM

[quote]He needs young tight pussy.

No he does not! I've got that area covered!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2015 10:23 PM

Leave me out of this.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2015 10:24 PM

Where's the pic at R28 from?

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2015 10:26 PM

This is a 9/11 moment in the history of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2015 10:29 PM

Is this the first official marriage broken up by the Supreme Court ruling? They said it would affect traditional marriage!

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2015 10:31 PM

Jennifer's on a mission to find the owner of the penis featured in "Gone Girl".

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2015 10:32 PM

Wonder if the divorce settlement on Ben's part included more "family" days during which the two of them whore out the kids and do the paparazzi walk for the next time Ben's thirsting for an Oscar like he did for Argo.

That said, I think she was keeping the lid on his whoring, gambling, and drinking ways from becoming too public. Now that he won't have anyone to answer to, he'll maybe start fucking up on the regular. Tabloids are going to love it.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2015 10:38 PM

I don't judge either of them. I think they met and had amazing torrid sex and fell in love. Now it has petered out. She must be a hot fuck cause she's a man-eater and ate good looking men. I bet he knows how to lay pipe.

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2015 10:39 PM

Oh, r27! You should've written, "....before it's gambled and gone, girl!"

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2015 10:43 PM

They'll no doubt take the high road, kids and all, no bashing to the press. Burt Reynolds is sort of the poster child for what can happen if you go the low route. End o' career.

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2015 10:43 PM

So what does the 10 year date mean for settlement negotiations. Does she get more or less now?

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2015 10:47 PM

She has the kids, she's getting a huge chunk. He will be working more to pay that child support. Hope he doesn't booze and gamble it all away...

by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2015 10:48 PM

Here's the 411 on the ten year issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2015 10:50 PM

I hope neither is bitter and they find new romance soon.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2015 10:51 PM

Perhaps you should knit them sweaters, frau R41.

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2015 10:55 PM

If I were Hallmark, I'd start producing “Conscious Uncoupling" cards for the glitterati.

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2015 10:56 PM

[quote]I hope neither is bitter and they find new romance soon.

Why?

How many people aren't somewhat bitter after a break-up. Isn't that more the norm than not?

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2015 10:56 PM

Yes its the norm but it sucks so I said something nice, I hope they aren't bitter. Or really bitter. What the point of fame and fortune if you have to suffer for a long time like the hoi polloi.

The best breakups I've seen have been mutual rebounds without much time lost to bitterness and anger. Sad, but true. New love cures a lot.

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2015 11:00 PM

'A mere mortal man can watch this video and only wish'

A mere mortal HET man, R22.

No one here with a dick wants to tap Boobie Barbie

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2015 11:03 PM

R41 cried into her mid-morning treat-time bowl of Marshmallow Fluff when the heart-wrenching news broke.

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2015 11:06 PM

"Marriage to a man who looks and acts chronically constipated is tough", laments Jennifer.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2015 11:08 PM

Jen probably has wanted to dump his gambling, womanizing ass years ago.She needed to hit the 10 year mark.I actually feel relieved for them.They both seemed smothered.

He shouldn't go back to Jho though, she's a confused puppy when it comes to men and relationships.

At least they got something out of the relationship.Jen's probably all cried out and ecstatily happy.Benny will probably hit the bar with no curfew.Its like being reborn when you get out of a bad relationship.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2015 11:10 PM

R30 Behind the Candelabra. HBO movie about Liberace (Michael Douglas) and his lover (Matt Damon)

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2015 11:13 PM

Who will want to date Jennifer? She has 4 kids.

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2015 11:17 PM

So which other Hollywood couple is also waiting for the 10 year mark?

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2015 11:17 PM

4 kids and lots of dough. Set for life after this.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2015 11:18 PM

His lawyers will argue that they separated before the 10-year mark. Besides, Jen probably had more money when they got married, Ben made more during the marriage. Even if it's 50/50 it's one of the rare occasions in which that would probably be fair.

Someone must have met someone. Jen wouldn't ask for a divorce. Either Ben fell for a side piece or got someone pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2015 11:19 PM

R13 Which two movies? Gone Girl and... ?

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2015 11:19 PM

I think pre-nups get tossed after ten years. I'm not sure that would be relevant here. I don't expect many juice details, CA is a no fault state so there is no financial benefit to bringing up bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2015 11:20 PM

[quote]Who will want to date Jennifer? She has 4 kids.

So has he!

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2015 11:28 PM

Look. When he was dating JLo his career went into the shitter. Remember Gigli? And remember the movie they made together? They hope you don't. But once he "stabilized with Jennifer Garner he bounced back. He became a director. No one ever thought he was much of an actor, but he took that fucking lemon and made lemonade. So he needed the stability Jennifer Garner gave him. But he pissed all over it and she is not his mother. The cheating, the gambling, the lack of interest in parenting. He's a conceited asshole. I feel like the whole "changing the bad boy" thing got old for her. I don't think JLo is an option. Although now she's older and he's more successful, she might want to rekindle. But JLo will not put up with that shit either.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2015 11:34 PM

Will someone please read Lainey and tell me WTF she's trying to say? She claims she is leaving us "a lot of clues." So? I'm wondering was there one cheat that was just more than Jennifer could take? Lainey claims the tabloids might not go easy on him. She claims they held back but no more.

by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2015 11:44 PM

You'll still cast me in movies, right, Ben?

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2015 11:45 PM

She is probably the naggy type, I once saw her on Leno and she likens herself to Martha Stewart, she's probably a good housewife and takes care of things but he probably got sick of it all and the sex isn't great after 3 or 4 kids. Young, tight pussy is what he's after and young impressionable sluts who fawn and gush over him, massages his ego and cock etc. Jennifer only nags, probably doesn't even blow him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2015 11:53 PM

Oh, I disagree, R61. I think Jennifer smothered him. She doted on him and catered to him.She wanted to be the very best there ever was and he was happy to take from her and give little in return. I think the thing that really finally nailed the coffin shut on their marriage is the fact that she could no longer ignore the cheating. I imagine their PR team had to really spend some capital in hushing up his "excesses." And the co-parenting thing. Ben was not a hands on parent. He wasn't present. It's as if everything revolves around him. So she got tired of being his perfect wife and mother. I think with her daughters getting older now she had to decide what kind of example she was setting for them. How many excuses and how many lies do they need to hear. Jennider covered for him.

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2015 12:00 AM

Jennifer was busy building the life she thought she wanted but it wasn't the real life she was living. She wasn't seeing him clearly.

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2015 12:01 AM

She probably nags and makes his home life hell.

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2015 12:02 AM

Seriously...R63. How the fuck do you know anything about this? You're worse than those fangurl weirdos in the Jon K threads.

by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2015 12:03 AM

So, how long has it REALLY been over? weeks, months, years?

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2015 12:14 AM

Radar Online says that he secretly moved out of the home months ago.

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2015 12:17 AM

R59 Lainey says wonder is a key word. She could be referring to a rumored affair with his To The Wonder co-star Olga Kurylenko. She also uses the term house of cards (Kevin Spacey reference?) which may allude to an affair with a To The Wonder male co-star. Javier Bardem?

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2015 12:29 AM

June 22: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are on the brink of splitting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2015 12:31 AM

Garner, a mild-mannered West Virginia native, and Affleck, a quick-witted Bostonian, soon butted heads. "They didn't see eye to eye on things," according to an Affleck source. "Everything was a battle." What they fought about then is what they fight about now: Affleck's smoking, gambling, drinking and late-night carousing. "He had so many vices that they struggled with," says the source. "But Jen has been patient."

Over the years, her patience ran out. "In their dynamic, Jen is the dominating force, which is hard for Ben to deal with," says an Affleck source. "I've heard her being dismissive of him."

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2015 12:36 AM

When I saw House of Cards, I thought Fincher. When I think of Fincher and Affleck, I think of Emily Ratawhatever. Long shot but--

by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2015 12:36 AM

Also, I think Lainey overestimates how much Garner is "beloved." Come on. I know a lot of people think she's weak and lame for putting up with Ben's tomcatting around for as long as she did. Plus the band-aid kid? Nope. She's pathetic, not beloved.

by Anonymousreply 72July 1, 2015 12:38 AM

Garner has been traveling back and forth to Montreal to film the comedy Nine Lives with Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 73July 1, 2015 12:41 AM

Told you so!

by Anonymousreply 74July 1, 2015 12:47 AM

I find both of them incredibly boring and their constantly kid pap parade is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 75July 1, 2015 12:49 AM

Going back to Lopez? LOL, she WISHES. He'll fuck her once and bang tons of other women. He did this to Garner, to Lopez, etc. He's a womanizer, period. All pussy is gold to him & he finds all women gorgeous. Think Don Draper.

by Anonymousreply 76July 1, 2015 12:51 AM

R55 I'm guessing Argo

by Anonymousreply 77July 1, 2015 12:51 AM

posted too soon...

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2015 12:52 AM

r68 and r71 etc: the "House of Cards" reference is re Robin Wright, who Ben allegedly has fucked on-and-off for a while now, both during and after her marriage to Penn (and his to Garner).

Lainey was the one who blinded Ben's affair with Kurylenko during To The Wonder. Said he had to call in all kinds of favors to buy off her (Olga's) silence and that Garner nearly divorced him over it.

Those are the two main celeb affairs. God knows how much non-celeb pussy Ben's been chasing all along as well.

by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2015 12:55 AM

I wish she'd go running out of the house to the waiting papparrizzi with his wig in her hand. That would be worth a read and make for some good pictures. I really don't get what makes either of these to average looking people such a big deal. Them schlepping the streets with their brood of mistakes with ice cream cones and balloons does not interest me, though transparently attention seeking.

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2015 12:57 AM

You're nott coming after my man, er, wo-man.

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2015 12:59 AM

That's just it, Lucy Rabbit-Face Barroso Damon DOES have to worry, because Affleck will get Damon out there again, going to strip shows, fucking tons of women, just like they used to. Set the clock on Damon's marriage now. Damon WORSHIPS Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2015 1:03 AM

R73 the synopsis for that movie sounds awful:

[quote]A stuffy businessman finds himself trapped inside the body of his family's cat.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2015 1:19 AM

I think the "wonder" reference could refer to Gal Gadot, who is playing Wonder Woman. She's younger than Olga, and also a more recent costar. Ben is all about the fresh p*ssy.

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2015 1:28 AM

R83 it sounds like typical Jennifer Garner fare. She needs new representation. She was at one time positioned to get all the superhero stuff Scarlett Johansson is doing with Avengers, etc. I think she missed her window of opportunity on that. She might decide to go back to TV.

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2015 1:29 AM

R84 was thinking of me! How nice.

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2015 1:30 AM

It'll be open season on Ben now. The paps will stalk him and report every little twitch of his ass. Whoever he's fucking better get ready for an expose'.

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2015 1:30 AM

"Gone Girl", "Argo" - Affleck "Dallas Buyers Club" - Garner

A little obvious, I know (not many classics in this decade thus far) but nice of you to care, thanks. :)

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2015 1:37 AM

I still don't get what was so fucking good about Argo. To me Argo looked like one of those 70's movies of the week.

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2015 2:03 AM

If Jen Aniston was able to make herself permanently famous by virtue of being dumped Jen Garner will be doubly so. She won't say one negative word about him but she will trot out those kids biweekly for pap strolls and let her friends talk about the gambling, and boozing, and womanizing while she keeps a happy face plastered on. Every tabloid cover will talk about how brave she is, her struggle to find love, her tears at Ben's self destruction. His acting career is ovvvvah!!!

by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2015 2:07 AM

R89 ARGO wasn't a '70s movie. It came out in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2015 2:08 AM

R91? What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2015 2:12 AM

R91, try reading R89 carefully. Reading comprehension is your friend. Are you the Program/Major/Book Resale Troll.

by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2015 2:14 AM

I'll see you next time, on Reading Rainbow.

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2015 2:21 AM

They have 4 kids? I thought they had three?

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2015 2:26 AM

Oh, sorry. Thanks R93. I have a bad habit of skimming posts, and I misread R89.

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2015 2:27 AM

The only thing I liked about Argo was Farshad Farahat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2015 2:27 AM

[quote] but he has starred in two of my favorite movies of the decade thus far. And she, definitely no Streep, has starred in one.

The only thing this attests to is that you have a pretty bad taste in movies. Particularly if one of them is "Gone Girl", a movie that was so bad it makes a lot of Lifetime fare seem like arthouse cinema.

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2015 2:31 AM

For me, I liked The Town about the criminals in Boston trying to rob Fenway Park. There were rumors about Affleck back then. He allegedly got it on with Blake Lively. They were hot & heavy. Argo did feel like a movie made in the 70's. But it was fun. I liked the scenes with John Goodman and Alan Arkin best. The director of Argo let the camera linger on Affleck just a little too much. Even had him take off his shirt to show off his abs. The director seemed to love Ben Affleck. Oh, wait.

Affleck comes across as articulate and smart when he discusses politics, but there is something about him that is off putting. I never liked him. I do like Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2015 2:36 AM

Yeah, yeah, whatever, again the context is Best Movies of the decade -- so are any of those "Nashville"? Or "Citizen Kane"? Or "Cuckoo's Nest"? No. Just the best of a rather wobbly decade that we are halfway through already.

But I'll still defend "Gone Girl" as a master of style over what could've gone really badly in the wrong hands, a Lifetime TV movie indeed. But Fincher is a king and put his stamp on it, took it to a far better place than it might have deserved. I never get tired of watching it nor its performances from the small roles on up. Great film even with holes big enough to park a truck in, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2015 2:38 AM

I'm yawning as I type.

by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2015 2:38 AM

(Sorry, i'm addressing Rex Fucking Reed at R98 if there is any doubt).

by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2015 2:39 AM

[quote]The director of Argo let the camera linger on Affleck just a little too much. Even had him take off his shirt to show off his abs. The director seemed to love Ben Affleck. Oh, wait.

Uh, Affleck directed ARGO. There was even a scandal two years ago when he was snubbed for Best Director nomination. Many think the outrage led to the film winning Best Picture.

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2015 2:41 AM

People on here are getting more stupid. R103 is a prime example.

by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2015 2:43 AM

[quote] I do like Matt Damon.

Why? Explain yourself!

by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2015 2:44 AM

R103, are you also R91? You're not very bright. You don't even get unsubtle sarcasm being hammered in your general direction.

by Anonymousreply 106July 1, 2015 2:46 AM

R103 you need to get some sleep, you missed the point of the last sentence in that post you quoted.

by Anonymousreply 107July 1, 2015 2:47 AM

This has got be the most drawn out break up in the history of entertainment. I can't think of anyone who has had breakup rumors in the press for years and years on end.

by Anonymousreply 108July 1, 2015 2:48 AM

I'm surprised half the people posting in this thread were able to understand the thread title since it required S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G.

by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2015 2:52 AM

Agreed, R109.

by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2015 2:54 AM

I will freely admit to loving Argo. I actually own it. As far as a film goes, it's pretty flawless. Ben did a good job.

I can't wait to see who he ends up dating. Now that news of his divorce is out, he's basically free to publicly date.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2015 3:01 AM

[quote] Let's be honest, Ben Affleck did marry out of his league. Now him and his butt buddy Matt Damon, can finally be together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2015 3:07 AM

How did she last this long with him? He always struck me as a pompous douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2015 3:19 AM

I swear, it's a contract like signing up for a series. I mentioned on another thread that I watched a particularly nasty bimbo snag a top TV producer away from his wife and kids, very savvy, took her time... and then got pregnant the second they got married to seal the deal. And the marriage contract is worked out literally year by year how much money she gets if she stays this long, etc. It is such bullshit, so far away from what most of us consider "love" even in the abstract, and I will never understand why rich men need that. Marriage after marriage. Why?

by Anonymousreply 114July 1, 2015 3:25 AM

Payback for what she did to Blake Lively. I'm sure Blake is laughing her ass off right now.

by Anonymousreply 115July 1, 2015 3:25 AM

What's the deal with Blake Lively? Was Affleck dating her and then dumped her for Garner?

by Anonymousreply 116July 1, 2015 3:53 AM

R114 Could that be Julie Chen?

by Anonymousreply 117July 1, 2015 4:10 AM

Nope. Good guess, though.

by Anonymousreply 118July 1, 2015 4:16 AM

Circa 2004 a buddy of mine saw Affleck on Sunset Blvd at the Arco near Hustler Hollywood. They'd worked together before. My friend mentioned that he'd read he was dating Garner. Affleck confirmed it, and said he didn't think it would last. The reason he gave? She's really "boring".

I was very surprised to hear they had married not too long after that. Not at all surprised that it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 119July 1, 2015 4:22 AM

R119 She got pregnant.I don't think they will ever reconcile.He stressed her out too bad.She has so much money and help,she's also probably thrilled.She's been living like a single mother for so long,what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 120July 1, 2015 4:34 AM

Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng R118

by Anonymousreply 121July 1, 2015 4:37 AM

Didn't Wendi Deng also spread her legs for Tony Blair during that time?

by Anonymousreply 122July 1, 2015 5:10 AM

Matt , I did it! Now it's your turn , baby. <3

by Anonymousreply 123July 1, 2015 5:16 AM

R123 Oooo..The plot would thicken.. Especially if they got a swanky, one bedroom bachelor pad! In Vegas..lol

by Anonymousreply 124July 1, 2015 5:25 AM

I feel like Jennifer Lopez is obsessed with him, but he's not with her in the least. I think he actually really loved Garner, he stayed with her for a decade, Lopez was a much shorter thing, + as much as Garner famewhores, Lopez famewhored it much more.

And Damon's marriage is probably going to go shortly too. Damon loves Ben much more than he loves the rabbit or the kids.

by Anonymousreply 125July 1, 2015 5:32 AM

Found this BI, and it basically says that DAMON has fallen for Garner. Believable or bs?

Many will say the husband deserves what he gets….but will they say the same about the family friend’s wife? June 17, 2014t

This couple is A-List all the way.

I actually like them together.

On paper they are quite the perfect family….I stress on paper.

The reality is, unfortunately, quite different.

He was a playboy before they were married and she like, we all, thought she reformed him.

But, she found out very quickly after their marriage that wasn’t the case.

Blatant cheating with costars and set workers, disappearing for days enjoying his favorite past time and when he is home, he is totally checked out.

The public hears rumors of affairs and we see him away from home, but then a few days later there’s a post of them all together looking the happy family and we all assume everything is roses. It’s not. It hasn’t been pretty much their entire marriage.

No matter how many children they have, no matter how perfect she tries to be, it’s not going to fix their marriage.

Everything is coming to a head now and he is spiraling out of control.

Not much she can do to stop it.

The fortunate (or unfortunate) thing is that a family friend has watched all this unfold and been her shoulder to cry on all these years.

The family friend knows her husband won’t change and knows its only a matter of time before the wife has enough and finally leaves.

My own opinion is she won’t leave until he publicly humiliates her in a way she can’t fix with photos and PR.

The family friend has fallen for her.

If this marriage implodes and he makes his move….and she accepts him??

The gossip/entertainment world will blow a gasket.

Broken marriages, destroyed friendships and betrayal on all levels.

Many will say the husband deserves what he gets….but will they say the same about the family friend’s wife?? I don’t think s

Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Matt Damon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 1, 2015 5:39 AM

Why did they have so many kids and drag them into this shitty mess of a marriage? It's pretty clear they've been having problems for years. Sucks for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 127July 1, 2015 5:59 AM

Straight people's problems

by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2015 6:15 AM

he always did suck better cock than she did

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2015 7:54 AM

Affleck's son looks a lot like Damon.

by Anonymousreply 130July 1, 2015 8:04 AM

R84, good call! I think the Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) guess is a great one. If it was another person that was the final straw, I bet it's someone that was never speculated about. Interesting about Robin Wright, I never heard that.

As for the marriage, I think her being credited with revitalizing his image is overated. Sure they were a cute family, but I don't know anyone who really cares that much about a celebrities private life. I mean he never hurt anyone with his behavior that would make him unforgivable. I think with or without her, his career would be in the same place. I personally think she stayed with him so long because she loved being Mrs. Affleck. She kept climbing the actor latter until she reached the top. I'm always suspicious of those celebrities who only date other celebs, like Jennifer, Ben, Brad, Angelina, Paltrow etc.. They secretly love the attention and being a part of a power couple. Anyway, I bet he was the one who pushed for this divorce because It seemed like she would hang on forever.

by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2015 8:12 AM

Ben whofleck? Call me when Matt Damon gets a divorce!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2015 8:24 AM

Barfleck

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2015 9:52 AM

[quote]She lost him, the same way she got him.

This is the frauiest thing ever said on DL. I have no idea why some of you bitches think you have to say this every single fucking time Garner is even mentioned, but damn, you're so obsessed you sound like she cheated on YOU, not on some stranger you'll never meet and certainly don't know.

by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2015 10:41 AM

Ben Affleck divorces? Just days after same sex marriage is legalized? I bet Matt Damon is waiting by the phone...

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2015 11:52 AM

R90 brilliant, do you work in PR?

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2015 12:29 PM

Don't look at me. I was busy breaking up Kate Winslet's marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2015 12:51 PM

Okay so who do we think he'll date first? Will it be someone famous or some nobody?

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2015 1:04 PM

[quote] I think pre-nups get tossed after ten years

They don't. But he will now owe her alimony for the rest of her life or until she remarries. Had they have announced a divorce before ten years he would have had to pay her alimony for 50% of the time they were married). Of course knowing her, she'll remarry, but even so, why would he agree to wait until the day after the ten year mark? Unless she is agreeing to file quietly and not spill anything about the marriage or what went on during it

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2015 1:24 PM

It can hardly be Wendi Deng to whom R144 is referring.

' mentioned on another thread that I watched a particularly nasty bimbo snag a top TV producer away from his wife and kids'

All Murdoch's 'kids' were grown adults when Deng came into the picture and in any case Murdoch is hardly accurately described as a 'TV producer'. 'Global Multi-Media mogul ' more like.

And yes, Deng was fucking Tony Blair, that is why Murdoch filed for divorce. He told Fortune:

'The Australian media mogul revealed he was 'shocked' when he first read his ex-wife's diary entries in which she described having 'warm feelings' comparable to a 'crush' on Blair, who allegedly stayed at the ranch with Deng in October 2012 and April 2013 while the 83-year-old was overseas.The News Corporation boss explained that he first heard of the encounters while in Australia and immediately traveled back to the ranch to quiz the staff - and then he scrambled to find a lawyer.'

Details of lovestruck Deng's note, in which she praised Blair's 'good body,' his 'really, really good legs' and even his 'butt' were revealed by Vanity Fair in February.

It said staff at Murdoch's home were uneasy when Blair arrived and tried to find her.

The magazine claimed they told him Deng had gone to the master bedroom, but 'by the time they could tell her, Blair was looking for her, they found Blair walking into the master bedroom and closing the door behind him.'

On another occasion 'they were feeding each other during dinner, which made the staff uncomfortable.'

Apparently Blair is now fucking Chinese actress Li Bingbing. He and Cherie are supposed to have separated after she found out about Deng. But she's a strict Catholic so won't divorce him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2015 1:25 PM

That is just when they announced it. They could have started proceedings already. There is no way to know, really.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2015 1:27 PM

House of cards could refer to a woman and also to his gambling habit

by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2015 2:05 PM

The photo for this thread on the DL front page is now the one of Tony Blair and the Asian woman from R140, ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2015 2:21 PM

I never got the Affleck love. He always struck me as what used to be called a "lug", as in "a big lug", barely a step up from a "doofus". Whatever brains there were in the Damon/Affleck duo clearly belonged to Damon.

I told this story before, but nevertheless... Over ten years ago Affleck and James Gandolfini were make a movie called "Surviving Christmas" which was released in 2004. They were using a house in my Mom's neighborhood, and I walked over to see what was going on during that shooting. It was an extremely cold day, ice on the sidewalks, and only a small group of people were watching. This was during Affleck's go round with JLo. I was hoping to see Gandolphini, but most of those in the group were kids, eager to see BA. Girls in the front of the group with a few guys in the back, clearly there because the girls were there, rather than because of Affleck. Talk among the neighbors was that Gandolphini had come out for autographs before and opinion was that he was a doll.

So, after being there about 30 minutes, Ben comes out, crosses the street and approaches the group. Now, understand, this was a residential neighborhood, and because of the extreme cold, the only people out there were the kids and people like me, just curious. Maybe 20-25 people. No likelihood of any big crush of a crowd.

As BA approaches, the girls, and at least 1 autograph collector, push to the front. I stepped back since I didn't care about any autograph and the kids did.

Here were Ben's remarks: "Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go.......gotta go." And then he got into a car and he went.

I thought at the time, (1) he looked like Ben Affleck, of course, but Ben Affleck had no charisma. Rather plastic. (2) He wasn't very bright. It would have cost him nothing to make a few comments that showed a bit more interest than his own plan to get away asap. Such as "Wow. I can't believe you guys are out here in this weather. ", etc, etc. This had been an opportunity that could have been made personal by the addition of a couple of words. (Perhaps BA doesn't have the thoughts to think this fast.)

Not very bright.

And I so agree with R89...I too thought Argo was like a Movie of the Week. And Affleck's acting??? H sucked the energy out of every scene he appeared in.

He is another of those Hollywood creations, like Clooney, whose success to me is baffling.

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2015 3:17 PM

They have been going to therapy for years, he will still live on the property but won't go into the main house.

by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2015 3:25 PM

Now would be a good time for someone to re-post all those old threads about BA, like BA's letters from rehab, or "from the desk of BA"...

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2015 4:44 PM

She can spend a year or two being the poor abandoned frau but she's going to have to couple up soon like Reese Witherspoon did after dumping her cheating husband. Fraus don't like to be reminded of how tenuous their own situations are.

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2015 4:51 PM

R144 I guess people find him handsome and hunky but I don't think you're alone in thinking he's not the smartest guy and that Matt Damon was the clever one.

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2015 4:56 PM

R145 Why on Earth would he settle for that arrangement? He's filthy rich, not a broke aristocrat whose been caught bonking one of the maids.

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2015 5:00 PM

It's probably for the kids. They are probably spoiled rotten and are flipping out.

by Anonymousreply 150July 1, 2015 5:19 PM

How's her career these days? Last thing I saw her in was Dallas Buyers Club.

by Anonymousreply 151July 1, 2015 5:30 PM

I remember r118's comments, though I don't remember who the actress was. She was of mixed Asian descent I think and I believe was some type of athletic or action character. The producer was white. I remember hearing she was bitch.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2015 5:38 PM

Affleck will be seen next with a casually dressed, unidentified woman with her hair in a ponytail and a baseball cap on. Maybe getting into his car with food or coffee in her hand. Both of them unsmiling.

by Anonymousreply 153July 1, 2015 5:41 PM

Didn't Katie Holmes leave Tom Cruise right before the 4th of July? I seem to remember reading about it while on vacation. Maybe it's a popular time, hoping most people are on vacation and not really paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2015 5:42 PM

A bitch nightmare, yes, but not an actress -- or, rather, a failed actress long ago but no more.

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2015 6:00 PM

I think that's exactly the reason, R154. This way paparazzi wont be chasing them on the school runs and there wont be other kids gossiping or asking questions.

[quote]They announced their split a day after their 10th wedding anniversary, but [italic]their statement was timed for when their children were out of school for the summer.[/italic] A source close to the situation said Affleck and Garner are using a mediator to work out the divorce, noting, “This isn’t going to end up in a dramatic court case, they are trying to resolve it as quickly and easily as possible. Ben and Jennifer have been separated for more than six months. They have been seeing counselors for years. The situation is that people change and they grow apart. “They plan to share custody and co-parent their kids.” Ben, who has been staying in hotels in recent months, will live on the property of their Brentwood marital home, but will not share the main house, we’re told.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2015 6:05 PM

CDAN has a dozen reveals today about Affleck. I think it likely that Affleck is - along with Bill Clinton - the rare man the DL will have to decide is straight. What a fucking pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2015 6:07 PM

An old blind item

[quote]So much speculation and it’s been going on for years that she will finally leave him because he simply won’t, ever, change. But do you know the lengths she went through to get him, and keep him? Did you know she enrolled in classes at university, not because she was interested for herself, but because she wanted to be able to talk to him about...things? She wanted to be able to keep up. She wanted HIM to know/believe/think she could keep up. She worships his brain. She wanted to make sure that he was finding her brain adequately stimulating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2015 6:11 PM

One of the CDAN reveals.

[quote]This A+ list mostly movie actor is not the only one cheating in the family. It seems as if his lovely wife is also hooking up with someone. Much more discreetly. Only when the timing is perfect. Could not have been that perfect though because the guy is getting divorced from his wife. The wife found out. Now the tabloids will find out.

If this is true, could it be McConaughey?

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2015 6:35 PM

No r15 J Lo didn't really love Ben, she realized that she wanted to be with a Latin guy and that she and Ben really have nothing in common. She hooked up with Anthony right after her breakup with Ben. Ben is too much a White boy for Jen. She may be all White washed on the outside but she's Rosie Perez's evil twin on the inside. She's a hot headed Puerto Rican chick. She can cuss any man down. She is not refined, she's a real New York Bronx girl. She is Jenny from the block, an around the way girl. She just cleans up well. All that is the opposite of Ben the Cambridge Mass bred Red Sox loving artsy fartsy alky. He could never handle someone like her on her worst day, and she had a lot of those.

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2015 6:36 PM

He was never as interested in her as she was in him. She swooped in as he was publicly embarrassed day after day due to the JLo shit and he had no career. She wanted him and cheated on her husband to be with him. She has always done twice the work in the relationship that he has. They were going to split three years ago and boom, she gets pregnant. Frankly, he should have taken control of the situation years ago. He should never have married her.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2015 6:36 PM

Interesting r159. Jennifer does have a habit of fucking her costars.

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2015 6:40 PM

[quote] Ben and Jennifer have been separated for more than six months. They have been seeing counselors for years. The situation is that people change and they grow apart. “

...and have affairs, and deal with alcoholism and drug abuse, and develop gambling problems, and sleep with hookers. Or, y'know, "grow apart".

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2015 6:42 PM

Ben seems like a nice guy. He helps Africans. I bet the bitch is the one at fault. It almost always is.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2015 6:53 PM

R164= Matt Damon

by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2015 6:54 PM

I liked The Town and Argo.

by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2015 6:56 PM

You could be on to something R159. Doesn't he have three kids too? Good! They can get married and be the fucked up Hollywood version of the Brady Bunch IRL.

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2015 7:01 PM

R159 There's some story today on social media about the McConaughey's $125 million breakup.

R156 Ben Affleck is not that smart. He dropped out of college in his freshman year. Don't confuse smart with pretentious, which he is. At least Garner got her college degree. She's probably smarter than he is.

What I think the split shows is that he has given up on his political ambitions. When his career was in its long lull, he definitely wanted to get into politics - remember his relationship with one of Kerry's daughters? His relationship with JLo put paid to his political hopes, but Garner would have been an ideal looking political wife.

He'll have to work on his directing career because he still can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2015 7:02 PM

oh, dear. R146's married, closeted fuck buddy stood him up to take the frau and kids to The Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2015 7:02 PM

^R164

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2015 7:03 PM

Have always thought that there was a ruthless streak underneath Garner's perfect wife & mother veneer....would love if she immediately hooks up with someone more famous & respected than Affleck. Mark Ruffalo perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2015 7:09 PM

Mark Ruffalo is living a quiet life in upstate NY far away from Hollywood. Jennifer Garner lives for the pap stroll, and calls them when she's out doing Mom stuff.

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2015 7:16 PM

R171 - it would have to be a director to really get Affleck's goat. Say, Spike Jonze?

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2015 7:19 PM

Ang Lee. Insult to injury. :)

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2015 7:43 PM

R171, Mark Ruffalo? Even if he was available, he is nowhere near the level of Ben Affleck. If she sticks to known industry people R173 suggestion sounds better. She should follow in the footsteps of Michelle Williams. She dated Jonze and Cary Fukinawa (however you spell his name).

The rumored other man, if she is having an affair, is supposedly her ex bf, Michael Vartan.

As for Ben's intelligence, second hand story from someone who met him was that he isn't very smart. Not sure where he gets the rep of of being some kind of intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2015 7:46 PM

R171 Tom Cruise is still looking for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2015 7:56 PM

God. Cary Fukunaga. Delicious. McConaughey could introduce them.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2015 8:04 PM

[quote]She has the kids, she's getting a huge chunk. He will be working more to pay that child support. Hope he doesn't booze and gamble it all away...

Look for him to enter into the television market. Television is long money if you get syndicated. He can whore and gamble forever and still have the child support paid, just ask Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2015 9:02 PM

No, he's not smart, just pretentious, as others have noted. Once a cheater, always a cheater. That goes for both of them. If anything, we should be surprised it lasted as long as it did. Affleck and McBongo...what a pair. What they wouldn't do for their Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2015 9:13 PM

This isn't a standard ten year beard thing?

by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2015 9:15 PM

Guys and gals, this just proves that you can NEVER change a man, don't even try. I think he didn't want to be the asshole to leave Jennifer. He is probably the type who will do awful shit so YOU break up with him and not the other way around. So what if he isn't book smart? He is street smart, he is successful, an oscar winner, he has already made it. That is way more valuable than being book smart. You need to have a certain amount of brain power to count cards and he's very good at it. He is having his mid-life crisis and nobody can help him except himself.

by Anonymousreply 181July 1, 2015 9:16 PM

The only thing is, now no A lister will touch Garner. Perhaps she can hook up with that green teethed fugly as sin aspie billionaire from Seattle, Paul Allen? He tends to like women in HW. He's creepy as fuck though.

by Anonymousreply 182July 1, 2015 9:23 PM

I can totally see her the one being in control of their image, marriage, divorce. She was probably like, "This is how we're going to play it...." Maybe that's why he got into directing because he can't do that at home. She had as much to lose with another failed marriage and basically washed up career, so I think they did want to stay together. As long as he could fuck around and do what he wanted. But he was starting to get sloppy and it was embarrassing for her. I'm sure she decided to get out while she could still get some public sympathy. It will be interesting to see who starts publicly dating first.

On Gwynneth Paltrow's interview with Howard Stern she talked about dating Ben Affleck and said something like he's a fun guy but was a really bad boyfriend and gave props to Jennifer Garner for putting up with him.

by Anonymousreply 183July 1, 2015 9:31 PM

[quote] On paper they are quite the perfect family….I stress on paper. The reality is, unfortunately, quite different. He was a playboy before they were married and she like, we all, thought she reformed him. But, she found out very quickly after their marriage that wasn’t the case.

Such bullshit when Jen while married to Scott Foley was fucking around on him with her co star Michael Vartan and eventually began fucking around on them both with Ben Affleck. Yeah poor Jen.

by Anonymousreply 184July 1, 2015 9:35 PM

Has Aflleck ever been with a non-pro? He loves publicity and when an actor marries an actress they can double the publicity. He'll probably hook up with JLaw or something. Damon doesn't get a tenth of the publicity Affleck does because his wife isn't famous.

by Anonymousreply 185July 1, 2015 9:50 PM

He should get back with that hoochie momma he dumped years ago. I bet that sissy she married didn't stretch out her cooter too much.

by Anonymousreply 186July 1, 2015 10:07 PM

I think Ben was Jlo's true love, and I think they had great chemistry. I'm sure their sex life was off the charts

by Anonymousreply 187July 1, 2015 10:40 PM

A few comments: for those saying Garner's next man-move will be with a Hollywood director or actor, I say nay. She's too old for most of them (isn't she 42 now?).

She'll next step out with a Silicon Valley techie billionaire-type. Or possibly Euro-billionaire-industrialist. They always like to have Hollywood actresses on their arm and Garner is still attractive and would be a "get", a classy step up from the standard VS model-types.

If say, Mark Zuckerberg suddenly became single tomorrow, he and Garner would be a perfect match. And it would burn Affleck up. (Isn't Sergey Brin single now?).

Watch the pap strolls this summer, if any. IF this split is as amicable as they're claiming it is, they'll continue to do occasional pap strolls with their kids over the coming months. Or allow them to be photo'd with them at a distance at the beach, etc. That will shut down the gossip. If they don't get papped together in some configuration, then bet on it being nasty. I'll bring the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 188July 2, 2015 1:02 AM

I'm surprised they stayed together this long.

by Anonymousreply 189July 2, 2015 1:36 AM

I think it's been a long time coming..it's just a shock to the world.,They've been basically separatd for a year.He's going to live in the guest house.I think that's a terrible idea.How will they date and move on with there ex three hundred yards away.

by Anonymousreply 190July 2, 2015 1:43 AM

Oh please, she's popped out 3 kids, her vag is no longer tight, billionaires want young and tight pussies. They don't want an old hag like her to nag at them.

by Anonymousreply 191July 2, 2015 1:57 AM

[quote]Guys and gals, this just proves that you can NEVER change a man, don't even try

Preach, sister.

by Anonymousreply 192July 2, 2015 2:01 AM

[quote] Guys and gals, this just proves that you can NEVER change a man, don't even try

so these "straight" guy tales are just wishful thinking, they are all hidden homos.

by Anonymousreply 193July 2, 2015 2:16 AM

Garner is so tense and OCD and nagging, she can't hang onto even a drunk like Affleck. She tried to trap him with three kids and he still left. She won't snag some billionaire. Her next husband, if she remarries, will be someone like Witherspoon's husband, a hustler type in the game who is small potatoes compared to her and will be grateful just for the small amount of press.

Billionaires don't fuck boring, 40something moms of three whose lives revolve around trips to the farmer's market. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 194July 2, 2015 2:45 AM

Will they award joint custody of Ben's wig?

by Anonymousreply 195July 2, 2015 2:52 AM

I think y'all are underestimating Garner...she's never been a beauty but her life has been one succession of "punching beyond her wight" hot cock. Guaranteed she has a smitten man in reserve. Also guaranteed: Affleck's next floozy will get a smearing from the Garner camp.

by Anonymousreply 196July 2, 2015 3:32 AM

Witherspoon's husband is not small potatoes. If her career is on the upswing, it's basically thanks to him. Jim Toth is a heavy hitter. He's the agent of, among others, Downey, McConaughey, Leto, ScarJo. He's major muscle at CAA and very savvy.

by Anonymousreply 197July 2, 2015 3:46 AM

Reese is responsible for her own career upswing, her husband had nothing to do with it. He's an agent. He's a working man and a peasant.

by Anonymousreply 198July 2, 2015 3:53 AM

Aren't there a lot of closeted gays in Hollyweird looking for a potential beard - TC, Jamie Fox, Gyllenhaal, Spacey. She is actually better looking than Barfleck, she for sure has better and more hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 2, 2015 4:02 AM

Why is Affleck A list?

As an actor, the only hit he has ever had was Gone Girl and that had much more to do with Fincher than him. He has had only one critically acclaimed supporting performance (Hollywoodland). That's it.

He did a good directorial job on 2 films that were moderate critical successes but box office flops. He only has Argo and its success at the Oscars was more due to producer Clooney (who, at that time, could do no wrong as far as Hollywood was concerned - times have changed for Clooney though). That's it.

This guy is nothing but hype and a lot of the hype has had to do with publicizing his private life.

by Anonymousreply 200July 2, 2015 4:41 AM

R200, you're forgetting Good Will Hunting.

by Anonymousreply 201July 2, 2015 5:27 AM

R196

Most straight men prefer a nice, slender body (big boobs a plus) over a beautiful face. I see it all the time..really good looking guys with "meh" or buttafaces.

by Anonymousreply 202July 2, 2015 5:28 AM

Good Will Hunting was Damon and Robin Williams's show, not Affleck's. Plus their celebrated Oscar winning screenplay? How strange they never wrote another one.

by Anonymousreply 203July 2, 2015 5:54 AM

"She tried to trap him with three kids and he still left."

Did she put a gun to his head?

by Anonymousreply 204July 2, 2015 6:22 AM

Don't underestimate Garner. She wanted him way back when she had a tiny part in Pearl Harbor and she finally snagged him and got the perpetual bachelor to marry her. She is very average but determined, I am more interested in who she dates next than him.

by Anonymousreply 205July 2, 2015 6:47 AM

CDAN lawyer posted a revealed item today about how Affleck cheated with Emily Slutajowski, and that her ex dumped her ass as a result and was telling everyone why (though he didn't name ER in the reveal.) I'm excited to have gossip I can actually verify! I work in fashion and I know her ex Andrew well. I've heard that straight from his mouth that she fucked Affleck! I've met her a few times and she's such a dumb bitch, it negates her beauty to hear her speak

by Anonymousreply 206July 2, 2015 6:54 AM

Slutajowski, huh

by Anonymousreply 207July 2, 2015 8:44 AM

[quote][bold]Whatever brains there were in the Damon/Affleck duo clearly belonged to Damon.

Based on what?

I bet she's the sow. After all she named her kid Violet. She also wanted to name the other kids Daisy, Rose and Hyacinth. What a cow.

by Anonymousreply 208July 2, 2015 10:57 AM

[quote]Good Will Hunting was Damon and Robin Williams's show, not Affleck's. Plus their celebrated Oscar winning screenplay? How strange they never wrote another one.

Didn't Damon co-write [italic]Promised Land[/italic]?

And didn't Affleck co-write [italic]Gone Girl[/italic] and [italic]The Town[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 209July 2, 2015 11:24 AM

Promised Land? LOL! Yeah that was a real Oscar winner for Damon & Krasinski. Affleck was one of four screenwriters on The Town. Yeah, he totally wrote that one.

by Anonymousreply 210July 2, 2015 2:29 PM

Hopefully it is related to the gay marriage ruling and Ben and Matt can finally tie the knot.

by Anonymousreply 211July 2, 2015 3:50 PM

Are Ben and Matt even close friends anymore? You never see pics or hear news of them together.

by Anonymousreply 212July 2, 2015 3:52 PM

Of course Ben fucked Emily Ratawhatever. I'm sure those nude photos that were released during the hack were sent to him and Fincher.

by Anonymousreply 213July 2, 2015 3:59 PM

she's a tramp. robin thicke? come on bitch get yourself together

by Anonymousreply 214July 2, 2015 4:59 PM

People Mag has a pic of them. Ben looks grey and hungover and is still wearing his wedding ring. I really wonder if they've even told the kids yet. They high-tailed it out of town before the news broke.

by Anonymousreply 215July 6, 2015 3:39 PM

Pic from above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 6, 2015 3:44 PM

[quote]Oh please, she's popped out 3 kids, her vag is no longer tight, billionaires want young and tight pussies. They don't want an old hag like her to nag at them.

So naive. Many women (Angelina Jolie, for example) opt to have Caesarian sections, so their babies never go anywhere near their vaginas. A tummy tuck afterward and they look pretty much the same. Even if a woman opts for vaginal delivery, not all women's bodies react the same way in the aftermath. Some bodies return to normal. Those that don't are easily corrected with surgery to tighten vaginal muscles.

Unlike Jolie and some others, Jennifer Garner has worked at physical conditioning so the effects on her body are bound to be lessened.

by Anonymousreply 217July 6, 2015 4:14 PM

She has a frumpy mom body. Her days of snagging some billionaire are well past her.

by Anonymousreply 218July 6, 2015 4:17 PM

If Mariah could snag a billionaire, I think Jen certainly can.

by Anonymousreply 219July 6, 2015 7:38 PM

No, she couldn't. LMAO. Jen is no Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2015 7:41 PM

She wears frumpy mom clothes (probably because they're comfortable). I don't think she has a frumpy mom body.

by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2015 7:41 PM

Mariah is a fat, drunken mess, whose look has been stuck in the 90s. I don't even like JG much, but she is a lot better looking and more together than Mariah. I don't think she's going to go the billionaire route anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222July 6, 2015 8:37 PM

Jennifer has the prestige factor of Fame. That can be a cool gift to a billionaire whose not impressed with money. And she isn't a mess, no drugs, no psycho behavior so she won't embarrass anyone.

I was indifferent to her until "Dallas Buyers Club" and I thought she fit right in, didn't throw off the balance. She's far from a bad actor so maybe better things ahead career-wise.

by Anonymousreply 223July 6, 2015 8:50 PM

"who's" vs. "whose", sorry, was driving me crazy so had to correct.

by Anonymousreply 224July 6, 2015 8:58 PM

Garner's not a great actress, but she's a very competent one. She doesn't get the best roles though. There are several higher-profile actresses in her age group and she has lost roles to them. She's certainly a much better and more interesting actor than Affleck is.

by Anonymousreply 225July 6, 2015 11:10 PM

[quote] [R156] Ben Affleck is not that smart. He dropped out of college in his freshman year. Don't confuse smart with pretentious, which he is. At least Garner got her college degree. She's probably smarter than he is.

Don't confuse getting a college degree with being smart.

by Anonymousreply 226July 7, 2015 2:38 AM

Affleck on heroin? He's a little schlubby right now but PSH wasn't stick thin either. This thinly veiled blind is rumored to be Ben.

[quote]There were a lot of women. Oklahoma was a few years ago. But Oklahoma was certainly not the one who was the most recent, although the most recent, professional turned personal, that I know of at least, is also not that recognisable, for now. She’s waiting for her moment.

[quote]Still, these affairs were not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is one he developed on the set of his most recent project. It started with pills and an injury a few years ago. Somehow he was able to function through that. Recently though he was shooting on location. He was a mess. He would go missing overnight. Not the prescription pills now but a hard drug. A very dangerous one. Not the party kind but the kind that brings you down, often alone, to escape. One that not too long ago took the life of a major, major talent. So it’s not the lovers that made him unsuitable for home. This is why she didn’t trust him at home. This is why she had to shake him up. But it’s not like he can get help openly. Not now, when so much is riding on him, with so much coming up. And that’s always been how Hollywood works. Your health is not the priority when there’s a multi-million dollar marketing strategy in place and so many stories to tell. So, sure, he has a support system, a lot of people out there looking out for him. But… is that the right objective?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 7, 2015 7:26 PM

Affleck filmed To the Wonder in Oklahoma and there were rumors he was messing around while he was there. How many fucking films do they make in Oklahoma? Answer is none. Louisiana it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 228July 7, 2015 7:32 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 229July 7, 2015 9:32 PM

I find it hard to believe that Affleck is on heroin.

by Anonymousreply 230July 7, 2015 9:37 PM

Thanks, R227, I was wondering if that BI had hit this site yet. It makes sense. I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 231July 7, 2015 9:40 PM

[quote]Garner's not a great actress, but she's a very competent one. She doesn't get the best roles though. There are several higher-profile actresses in her age group and she has lost roles to them. She's certainly a much better and more interesting actor than Affleck is.

She's very likeable, and people are able to relate to her. Those are very important to an actress' longevity. Sandra Bullock is likeable, so is Jennifer Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 232July 7, 2015 9:42 PM

I could see that BI being Ben. He's addicted to everything else known to mankind, why not heroin? I've been figuring for a while now he's due for a very public and disgusting drug/alcohol/gambling/sex run. I didn't think of heroin; I was thinking more in terms of hillbilly heroin or something like that. He's looking bloated and sick lately.

by Anonymousreply 233July 7, 2015 9:46 PM

It's probably easier for him to get H than Rx drugs

by Anonymousreply 234July 7, 2015 10:17 PM

Tend to agree with r233. Oxy or something similar? Lainey is pretty clear though, it's smack same as PSH.

Isn't Ben supposed to be living in separate quarters on the same property as jen and the kids going forward? How is that keeping the 'danger' away - it's just moved next door if he's still using.

ComicCon will be interesting this year.

by Anonymousreply 235July 7, 2015 11:19 PM

She had another BI last year that said he was addicted to pain meds for a bad back. I guess she's implying that he's moved on to heroin. She also basically admitted he had an affair with Gal Gadot.

by Anonymousreply 236July 7, 2015 11:24 PM

The guest house is a pretty good solution, R235. He obviously needs someone to make sure he doesn't overdose and die or set fire to his living area without anyone finding him. It also keeps him out of the home where the children are living.

If you've ever been around a heroin addict, you would know how difficult it is to live with them. They stumble and crash around, knock things over and break things. They leave doors and drawers hanging open, even refrigerators. They also vomit a lot. He would be waking the kids all hours of the night. They like to do things involving fire, like cook their drugs and smoke cigarettes, so they're a major health hazard. They leave half-eaten food wherever it is. They can always hire people to clean up his messes in a guest house, and no one has to be subjected to living with it.

by Anonymousreply 237July 7, 2015 11:31 PM

I’m not surprised at all he’s currently staying on the same. As I’ve stressed in the past hes Cancer rising with Venus smack on the asc (same as Jolie); these types need a freight train to drag them away from family. I bet he’s devastated to be apart from his kids (the wife perhaps not so much).

Pluto began transiting his 7th house 2 or 3 years ago. I’m guessing this is when the real troubles began in earnest. Trans Uranus also just passed opp his natal uranus-juno in March-Apr – was this when the final blow came, was Garner made her decision?

trans Saturn will be passing back-forth over his neptune (10th house ruler – public image!) while squaring natal Mars over the next year or so. Very tough waters ahead. He needs to stay far away from the substances during this time. Should have consulted an astrologer :)

by Anonymousreply 238July 8, 2015 12:58 AM

I think the poster who keeps talking about tight young pussy is a sexually confused Redditor, or something.

A couple of things:

1) None of these shrews (actresses like Jen Garner and even pre-alimony Katie Holmes) are widening their pussy with natural delivery. Come on---they're not artists, they're not famous in their own right, their careers are completely dependent on men. If they happen to pop the kids out of their cooches, it's because their confident in their ability to complete some crazy vagina fitness program afterwards. If the barbells don't work, they can get the rejuvenation surgery---$5,000.00, and a brand new vag. The same logic should be applied to Jen's body---there's no way she was slacking. Maybe she will NOW, now that her marriage is over, and she can coast on sympathy for a while.

2) Billionaires will date Jen Garner, just like one married that cow Salma Hayek. They, however, will probably not date Emily Ratajkowski, at least not publicly. You're confusing Hollywood with the real world, which places considerably more value on things like respectability, and such. Washed-up Hollywood actresses who look like they're 20 years younger than they actually are like a wet dream to these nerds who may already have kids from a previous marriage that they have to worry about shaming.

by Anonymousreply 239July 8, 2015 2:47 AM

My sister has had a couple of kids. She says after the vaginal birth her obstetrician puts some stitches in to make her vagina tighter. The last time he put them in too tight and my bro-in-law couldn't get in there. They have had no further kids. Don't know about their continued sex life, the thought of it grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 240July 8, 2015 2:54 AM

I think the stitches are just for the opening, where they cut it so it doesn't tear completely (if you know what I mean).

HOWEVER, my whore mother (a Serbian woman, who interestingly enough kind of looked like Emi Ratajkowski in her youth) told me that after birth her vagine was "stronger." Yes, she did.

by Anonymousreply 241July 8, 2015 3:04 AM

Well maybe it was R241.

Pop that coochie!

by Anonymousreply 242July 8, 2015 3:06 AM

I heard it was because Ben was, you know, "that way," and she was "one of those women."

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 243July 8, 2015 3:34 PM

Jen is filming a Christian movie right now. LMAO. This is where her career is.

by Anonymousreply 244July 9, 2015 4:56 PM

I bet the next Jennifer to divorce will be Connelly and her Brit. They had the "save the marriage baby" in 2011 and she has been talking about "figuring out what is important to us" in interviews. The husband talks about the children.......

Guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 245July 12, 2015 1:50 AM

R244 and coincidentally it was announced that Damon & Affleck are producing a movie about St. Paul starring Jackman. Everybody's getting religion.

by Anonymousreply 246July 12, 2015 2:20 AM

Jen likes those fairy tale like, inspirational, message movies. The "uplifting" ones.

by Anonymousreply 247July 12, 2015 3:14 AM

R238 How do you actually know the time of day Ben Affleck was born, thus determining his rising? Did you find that little tidbit online? lol!

by Anonymousreply 248July 14, 2015 4:06 PM

St. Paul would've been right at home with the reactionary Conservative types in today's world. He and Rick Santorum would've been Besties.

by Anonymousreply 249July 14, 2015 4:18 PM

Hey DL astrologer I'm a Taurus with Gemini rising and the sun in the 12th house, what does it mean

by Anonymousreply 250July 14, 2015 5:26 PM

well r248, he was born in CA so his birth cert is public record. His birth time is therefore well known among astrologers so his rising sign is pretty accurate. not sure what's funny bout that but - lol!

MA and CA have public birth records for those born there now over 18 years old. That includes divorce, marriage and death records. TX used to have open records, but have limited access to them recently with the onset of online archives. Other states have rules of varying privacy levels.

Sun in the 12th r250 could give your persona certain Piscean overtones. It also hopefully means you aren't a wiseass like r248.

by Anonymousreply 251July 14, 2015 11:14 PM

I'm Aquarius with Aquarius rising and my ex always said it meant I was annoying but never elaborated. Help from an expert?

by Anonymousreply 252July 16, 2015 11:25 PM

He will not get back together with Jlo. She's too trashy for him, though they may hook up.

by Anonymousreply 253July 19, 2015 12:21 AM

I think what Affleck liked about Garner was she was comfortably upper middle-class, had gone to college, a rarity among actresses. He fools around with trashy women but he's a social snob.

by Anonymousreply 254July 19, 2015 1:09 AM

His mother is a Radcliffe grad and UES girl who later taught at Spence. Of course he's a snob - but only about who he marries. Not his hook-ups.

by Anonymousreply 255July 19, 2015 1:35 AM

JLo is too trashy for the likes of Ben? Please.

by Anonymousreply 256July 19, 2015 2:49 AM

A BFA from someplace called Denison University qualifies as educated? I guess if you're Ben Affleck. Although, that could be the reason she felt compelled to take those extra poly sci courses when they got together.

by Anonymousreply 257July 20, 2015 12:17 AM

[quote] Jen is no Mariah.

Thank the maker!

by Anonymousreply 258July 20, 2015 12:23 AM

I think she has a BA from Denison and its not a bad school r257. Small Ohio private liberal arts (Columbus?), not quite Oberlin but up there. Maybe on par with Kenyon, Wooster, Miami of OH and O-Wesylan.

I had a distant cousin who attended and they loved it. There were there a few years after Garner.

by Anonymousreply 259July 21, 2015 1:29 AM

Looked her up on wikipedia. She's from Houston and grew up in West Virginia. Her father's a chemical engineer and her mother a teacher. She was a Pi Phi at college. Pi Phis are the biggest snobs I seem to recall.

by Anonymousreply 260July 21, 2015 2:12 AM

What Affleck liked about Garner was the fact that she worshipped him. She did. Jennifer ADORED Ben.

by Anonymousreply 261July 21, 2015 2:54 AM

Still not divorced.

by Anonymousreply 262May 16, 2018 7:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!