Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ann Coulter's Fall From Grace

The author of this article "thinks Coulter is pretty much an act that’s gone sour in the age of polarization and she may be right. She compares her to Donald Trump (who Coulter extols for his “immigrants are rapists” comments, which she believes he got from her) and there is a certain kind of scary-clown aspect to both of them.

But I think it’s something else — she just isn’t all that shocking anymore. And the reason is that, after all these years — through which she and her fellow right-wing bomb throwers have been poisoning the discourse and polluting our politics with the most egregious dehumanization of just about everyone on the planet who doesn’t look and sound like them — nobody is listening anymore.

Today, Ann Coulter is just political white noise. Sure, she’ll sell her books to the small group of people who can’t get enough of her bilious humor and hatred but her days of being a mainstream pop culture phenomenon are over. Everybody’s heard it all before. There’s almost a whiff of noxious nostalgia about it now.

The question is whether or not there’s anyone left in the Republican Party who can crawl out from under the pile of offal that people like Coulter have buried them under and say something new to America. For the first time in nearly two decades they are ignoring her provocations."

I agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2020 2:18 AM

She was just on Real Time maybe two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2015 6:54 PM

[quote]She was just on Real Time maybe two weeks ago.

Yes and did you count the number of times the audience booed her? She's just a pathetic cliché these days.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2015 6:56 PM

She was only on Real Time because Maher claims that she's a "friend."

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2015 6:58 PM

Coulter is like Madonna now. Their shtick of trying to shock people has grown real tired and is no longer working. Buh bye.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2015 7:02 PM

Coulter was the #2, then #3 best-selling book on The NYTimes list. Hardly irrelevant. It sounds like certain activists are panicking because they've gotten by on the BS that it's okay for one group of people o be above our laws and above waiting in line.

She made the point that it's unfair someone poor in Bangladesh that illegal aliens try to claim they have some right to just traipse back and forth across The US border because they claim to be economic migrants. A poor Bangladeshi doesn't have that luxury.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2015 7:30 PM

They certainly look like clowns...she is a stick figure and he reminds me of a woodchuck.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2015 7:32 PM

Coulter is offal..

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2015 7:34 PM

she's a horrid monster

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2015 7:35 PM

R8 Yeah, Progressive Radicals keep repeating the same dictate but never explain exactly why she is. Smear campaigns require blind obedience, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2015 7:37 PM

[quote]Coulter is offal..

That's insulting!

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2015 7:39 PM

Somebody still reads Salon? That batshit crazy site?

Yeah, I know it used to be respectable. I loved it and read every new article in the 1990s, when it was an online wonder of progressive journalism. Great reporting, fantastic writing.

But then that hag Joan Whatsherface took over and turned it into her personal PMS site. I'm all for real feminism, but she's a knee jerk fool when it comes to women's issues. She sees anti-female agendas where they don't exist, gives space to crazy female writers like whatsherface-- Aylet something or other, the one who's married to the hot bisexual writer Michael Chabon. And it's a great champion of delusional cross dresser Bruce Jenner. Any true champion of women's issues would be having serious discussions about how females who are Bruce Jenner's age weren't allowed to play Little League, have a paper route or play on school sports teams while Bruce Jenner could do all of those things and was being groomed for the Olympics. There were no women astronauts or presidential candidates or local newscasters (except hot weather girls) or attorneys general, Supreme Court judges, bus drivers, CEOs, contractors or politicians who hadn't run for their husband's or father's office after he died or retired.

Real feminists don't believe for a minute that a man with a penis who grew up with male privilege and who likes to wear dresses and paint his nails is a female. But Salon immediately started shrieking about how everybody better respect Caitlyn Jenner's right to be called a woman.

And lately, Salon has become the free PR machine for the painfully unfunny Amy Schumer. I believe Lena Dunham can do no wrong in their eyes, either.

It's such a horrid rag. I miss the days when it was a great progressive force on the Internet. I mourn the loss of all the good websites that lost all of their finest writers because they couldn't afford to pay them for their labor. The net looked so bright in the 90s. I remember when Slate was a decent site too and not a site for clickbait to blogs and adverts.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2015 7:44 PM

She just loves attention and will do and say anything to get it. The boos from an audience just energizes her.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2015 8:06 PM

In other words, R9, you want to pretend that her career hasn't been more about hyperbole, hate-mongering and outright lies than actual facts. You prefer being a tiresome idiot who refers to people calling her out for what she is as "Progressive Radicals"

You want an example: She used to go around claiming that RFK was the first victim of Islamic Terrorism and when it was pointed out to her that Sirhan-Sirhan was Christian, she had no response, deflected and continued to repeat the lie.

I get it: You subscribe to fear-mongering and hate as a way of debating without pesky facts getting in the way and that's why anyone pointing that out when she does it is some "radical."

What she is and always has been is the equivalent of a Pro-wrestler, like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2015 8:28 PM

Kharis and Yousef Bey need to return her mummified remains to the Hill of the Seven Jackals in Egypt, where she can rest for eternity(and the rest of us can get some peace).

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2015 8:54 PM

[quote]Coulter was the #2, then #3 best-selling book on The NYTimes list. Hardly irrelevant.

Her books are bought by the thousands by conservative organizations to force them onto the NYT bestseller list.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2015 8:59 PM

Coulter loves to run her bog mouth, except when she's confronted in a gay restaurant. Then she hides behind her hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2015 9:05 PM

r16 I know BOG was a typo, but in this case it actually fits. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2015 9:17 PM

Could that restaurant legally deny her service?

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2015 9:40 PM

I saw Ann Coulter on Real Time last week and I had to change the channel. She is fucking certifiable, an absolute nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2015 9:42 PM

Republicans are all certifiable. Oh, and the sky is blue.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2015 10:23 PM

I know some women with double digit shoe sizes, bless their hearts, but Coulter's the only one with a triple digit shoe size.

Possible explanation for her rage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2015 10:45 PM

I'd still like to sit on her face.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2015 10:48 PM

Went to Cornell with her and she was already a major attention whore and asshole. Clever. Ambitious. Public face and private face. Private Coulter could be amusing. Publicly she was always scorched earth.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2015 10:49 PM

I remember Betty Bowers saying about her years ago: "Ann Coulter is either a liberal performance artist or mentally ill. There is no middle ground."

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2015 10:55 PM

No she really has far right politics.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2015 10:58 PM

The hyperbole and scorched earth is to get her noticed and pay the bills. She wasn't dumb on that, was she?

Now of course the Republican party is filled with politicians who are quite dumb (Coulter is very smart), and don't know how coocoo their discourse is.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2015 11:00 PM

Did noone here see the episode Of The Boondocks which lampooned both Coulter and Rev Al Sharpton? It was frighteningly accurate. Both characters do what they do for the purpose of money and fame/exposure. AC is no more committed to the extreme right than anyone here at DL. It's all a gig to her. I have been around her at social events here in PB County, and she is nothing like she appears on Fox(the only outlet which will have her.) I do believe that she prevailed upon Maher to have her on as a personal favor because as she said on Hannity recently, "I am the only NYTimes best selling author who cannot get on any mainstream media interview or chat show." Gee, I wonder why that is Ann?

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2015 11:02 PM

Maher isn't doing her a personal favour. He has had her on MANY times and they are friends (and Maher also went to Cornell, though not at the same time).

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2015 11:05 PM

As long as you smother her, R22.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2015 11:09 PM

[quote]Kharis and Yousef Bey need to return her mummified remains to the Hill of the Seven Jackals in Egypt, where she can rest for eternity(and the rest of us can get some peace).

Hide the tana leaves so we can keep here there.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2015 11:09 PM

Al Sharpton is clever, maybe not very very bright, and his scant higher education, and is not educated outside his wheelhouse. He was criminally excessive in his scandal muckracking several times.

That he gets paychecks from NBC is absolutely appalling.

He's a black shakedown artist and he's sleazier than Jesse Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2015 11:10 PM

R24 Some people do get all their news and political commentary from fakies. Some people need constant entertainment or they wouldn't ever get anything done.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2015 11:21 PM

I find Coulter funny. I just do. She is like a pro wrestler as stated upthread. She is so ridiculous that she can be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2015 11:27 PM

She's over 50 already. She just needs to accept that she's considered too old now and make way for the next thin, blonde 20 something conservative shock queen to fulfill republican men's political and sexual wet dreams.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2015 11:34 PM

I find people like her fascinating. She must get constant shit wherever she goes - does she love that?

How does she look herself in the mirror and say - yeah, that was the right thing to do.

Of course, most Republicans are vile shits - so I guess I just can't wrap my head around what they're so easily able to do without any sense of remorse or guilt.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2015 11:34 PM

[quote]Ann Coulter's Fall From Grace

Grace and Ann Coulter don't go together

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2015 11:42 PM

I just can't get passed her adam's apple.

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2015 12:13 AM

Judging by the size of the hooves, girlfriend is hung like a horse!

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2015 12:18 AM

Bill and Chris and Ann

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2015 12:29 AM

R28 You make absolutely no sense. You say that Maher isn't having her on as a personal favor, and then you proceed to say that they both attended Cornell and are friends IRL. Of course. And he is doing his friend a personal favor to have her on to hawk her book when no one else will.

by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2015 1:36 AM

R40. No. Maher needs conservative nut jobs on his show and its not a favour to have her on. She's not a charity case or a loser. She won in her career.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2015 1:38 AM

[quote]She's over 50 already.

Thank God she never spawned.

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2015 1:56 AM

R41 We can agree to disagree. Yes, I am aware that he tries to have one conservative each week to serve as a bit of balance, but there are many more hip and of the moment conservatives, like MCat Hamm. who was on last Friday. I stand by what I said: she is a persona non grata and he was giving her a break.

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2015 5:04 AM

Ann Coulter died out in the mid-2000s. It was only recently that the media tried to make her somebody again. It's not working. She blew her wad with the 9/11 widows remark. That was the death of her career. She's also a 50-plus old hag.

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2015 5:07 AM

Bill Maher is a vile piece of shit. Anyone who watches him still is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2015 5:07 AM

It's all show business bullshit. She and Maher probably have the same agent. I hate both of them. They should both go into Chicago, the musical. I'd love to see them sing and dance.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2015 5:12 AM

ANN COULTER gives trannies a bad name !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2015 5:13 AM

Coulter is so utterly predictable to the point of boredom. You know she's going to say what's up is really down and that it'll all coincide with her latest book. I expect nothing but stupid things to come out of her mouth so i'm not surprised by any of it. I put her in the same box with Sarah Palin--those you should ignore and not engage. She lacks the nuance of a Megyn kelly who'll every once in a while say something that makes sense and when she does, the media falls over themselves writing stories about her. But if you just say bat shit crazy things all the time like Coulter does, people start tuning you out and you get reduced to white noise to them.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2015 5:30 AM

Apples and Oranges. Megan Kelly is paid as a newscaster/journalist. She can't be 100% act. Coulter made money as a conservative, elitist scold and pundit.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2015 4:46 PM

I find her revolting, but I thought her 9/11 widows comments was pretty spot-on. The widows were lapping up attention like they had just been chosen as prom queens.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2015 5:23 PM

Will someone please photoshop Ann looking like a man?

You know, erase the heavy eye makeup, give her a dude's haircut...she's a man, baby!

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2015 5:56 PM

I heard a rumor that she allegedly had sex with her own father. Any truth to this?

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2015 8:17 PM

Who knows, R52? She wrote this eulogy for her father on her blog after he died, and he really sounded like a major asshole and a bully (he was also infamous as a right-wing union-busting lawyer), though she clearly didn't intend to paint him that way - she admired him. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some serious abuse going on in that household, but no one in that family will ever own up to it. AC has reserves of anger that could easily be the result of some kind of major dysfunction in the home growing up. She has a brother, but who knows what he's like.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2015 9:33 PM

I did laugh when Ann called Katie Couric the Eva Braun of TV journalism.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2015 10:06 PM

I think she's funny but I wouldn't want her career.

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2015 10:08 PM

Mann Coulter. She was Caitlyn before there WAS a Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2015 3:15 AM

Here's a women that calls other American's immigrants if they happen to have brown skin, even if they were born here. Recently, Coulter did exactly this when refering to Nikki Haley the [italic]governor[/italic] of South Carolina. When her error was pointed out, she stubbornly refused to correct it or apologise for her mistake. In fact, Coulter went on to say that Haley"had a poor grasp of American history." regarding controversary over the confederate battle flag being publicly displayed in front of the state capitol. If Coulter calls Americans immigrants,using her own definition of the word, one really has to question the figures in her latest book, [italic]Adios, America: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country Into A Third World Hell Hole.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 57July 3, 2015 6:49 AM

R57, that was the best book La Coulter ever wrote. If you can only read ONE Ann Coulter book, read Adios, America.

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2020 1:58 AM

The op didn’t age well.

by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2020 2:08 AM

Definitely not, R59

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2020 2:09 AM

I would want her Adam's apple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2020 2:10 AM

I thought it was common knowledge that Coulter and Maher were in a relationship that lasted about 2-3 years.

I always wondered if Ann Coulter was doing uncomfortable performance art like a female Andy Kaufman. It's hard to think that someone can be so reflexively vile about issues without it being an act.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2020 2:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!