Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Calvin Klein Drops $25 Million on Bananas Mansion in the Hills

[quote]Fashion designer/underwearmonger Calvin Klein has just bought himself an expectedly stylish contemporary house in the Bird Streets of the Hollywood Hills, two doors down from the Facebook-suing Winklevoss twins. Like so many big-budget dwellings built on spec, the 9,300-square-foot mansion, designed by Paul-McClean, has a wealth of features designed to impress, says the Wall Street Journal: fully retractable walls of glass, 13-foot ceilings, a home theater with seating for 12, an entryway that "features a bridge over a waterfall and reflecting pool," a 65-foot infinity pool, and a garage with space for eight cars. In all, the house has five bedrooms and seven bathrooms; the master bedroom has its own private terrace and fireplace. Though it was first listed back in January for just shy of $29.95 million, Klein purchased the place for $25 million. Meanwhile, he's selling his long-time spread in Miami for $16 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 3, 2021 6:28 AM

What does that house have to do with bananas?

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2015 2:39 PM

I looked at that house last month but the retractable glass walls was the deal breaker. And only space for eight cars??? I'm holding out for something in a classier neighborhood. With more space. And non-retractable walls.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2015 2:47 PM

OMG, is he still alive? How?

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2015 3:00 PM

Well, you have to give him credit for getting the hell out of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2015 4:37 PM

[quote]OMG, is he still alive? How?

Formaldehyde and vax, dahlink...

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2015 4:47 PM

That house is OK. His Miami house (also at Curbed; sold?) is really beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2015 2:02 AM

OMG I know many think Calvin is dead...but he looks deadly LOL looks older than 72

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2015 3:39 AM

I'd love to see if when he gets together in a room with other decrepit couturiers like Karl Lagerfeld and Thierry Mugler they all spend hours hissing at each other.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2015 3:45 PM

In that photo at r7 you can see the lines where the wig is banded to the forehead on our right side of it. He would look so much better with natural baldness.

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2015 3:48 PM

Is a bananas mansion anything like a banana hammock?

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2015 4:09 PM

Who was Klein fooling with his marriages? Were people that blind?

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2015 4:18 PM

I love you R8.

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2015 4:37 PM

Indeed, why "Bananas"?

Hate the house, it's totally sterile, and designed to impress rather than to be lived in. Drop one Coke can on the floor, and you've totally ruined the ambiance.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2015 9:28 PM

It's beautiful. It's not my style, but I could live there in a minute.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2015 9:36 PM

"Drop one Coke can on the floor, and you've totally ruined the ambiance."

Do you just drop Coke cans on the floor at home and leave them? What kind of pigpen do you live in that spilled Coke is acceptable?

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2015 2:03 PM

That's a swell house. Not my style at all but its very Calvin Klein. Why anyone would buy a house in So Cal in a historic drought is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2015 4:40 PM

two doors down from the Facebook-suing Winklevoss twins?

They still I've together? WTF is up with that?

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2015 4:43 PM

R7 How can you say he is old? Look at those fine high cheek bones, full head of hair and unblemished skin! Why the young boys must be throwing themselves at him.

by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2015 5:00 PM

R10, R13, in luxury real estate lingo, bananas are all the cool, nifty, oppulant, extravagant luxury items/amenities offered on a home, especially one done on spec. Thus, a "bananas mansion" is a megamansion outfitted with all the options (bananas) that a multimillionaire buyer would want.

by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2015 5:10 PM

I was going to buy this house only last month but just before I signed the paperwork I had to take a leak. When I lifted the seat up on the toilet bowl I was aghast to find a giant floating turd in there that just wouldn't flush. That was the deal-breaker, for me.

I wonder if Calvin has been in there yet...

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2015 5:23 PM

R1 Perhaps OP meant to post in the unusual pie thread? You don't really hear much about banana pies except to throw at clowns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2021 5:43 AM

This happened in 2015. Old News.

by Anonymousreply 22February 3, 2021 6:18 AM

Is that one of those houses with all glass walls? However does one masturbate?

by Anonymousreply 23February 3, 2021 6:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!