Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dating in Germany

I got a job in Germany and am looking forward to the possibility of finding love while I'm over there. Unfortunately, various sources classify Germen men as being unhygienic, bad in bed or outright selfish. Am I destined to be disappointed or is it possible my expectations will be exceeded?

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2020 1:18 PM

All Germen men are the same man so clearly what you have read applies to all of them...

you fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2015 12:30 PM

I look forward to meeting you, OP! Give me a call when you arrive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2015 12:32 PM

And the tradition of R1 being a total cunt continues.

For the record, I'm not trying to paint all Germans with a broad brush, but I'm 100% confident that I'm setting myself up for disaster if I treat the dating scene in another country as I would America. There have to be some cultural does and dont's. And I know I can't go in with the same expectations if the cultural norms are different. Not sure why my question seems so offensive.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2015 12:40 PM

At my previous job, there was one German guy - an older gentleman - and he totally fit the unhygienic description. Would wear the same clothes for a week straight and didn't shower very often. His BO stank was eye watering, especially if you were stuck in a closed door meeting with him.

Complete turn around from that are the two German guys at my present company. Young, smart, good looking and well groomed, with a skinny jean hipster thing going on. Serious eye candy. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Your questions was not about cultural norms, your 'question' put some nasty idea about an entire culture out there based on some shit you read.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2015 12:46 PM

Where are you staying, dumbass OP? Germans are great in bed, and I mean great. Not sure you qualify for this tournament.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2015 12:54 PM

Never EVER ask a German man to fart in a balloon.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2015 2:13 PM

I date exclusively there.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2015 2:28 PM

Actually, just the opposite. Germans are exceptionally clean. Sometimes obsessively clean. They can also be obsessive about health: wear scarves around their throats the minute the temp hits 70 and be into herbal remedies/homeopathy. If you find a German who is good in bed, hang on to him. The rumors are true. German sex is nearly always the exact same as the last time. German men are no more selfish than other men. I don't know where that came from. However, in a survey, German men admitted that given a choice, they would keep their car over their wife.

I suspect that the issues you may have with German men will not be in the bedroom. Learn what you can about German culture and dating/hookup rituals. I am not qualified to speak to those issues as I have been partnered with a German for over 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2015 2:43 PM

I met two gorgeous German guys at a conference and fucked one of them ... He was very clean and sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2015 2:44 PM

[quote]They can also be obsessive about health: [...] be into herbal remedies/homeopathy.

That's not called being obsessive about health - it's called being a superstitious moron.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2015 2:59 PM

[quote] Learn what you can about German culture

Yes, like how they started two world wars and like to pretend it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2015 5:09 PM

Yes I like to blame people for what their ancestors did too R12

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2015 5:14 PM

r13 will be the darling at every NPD "Stammtisch".

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2015 5:57 PM

Germans are awesome. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2015 6:02 PM

If you want to attract German men, dip you finger in sauerkcraut and discreetly apply it behind your ears

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2015 6:13 PM

Tomorrow Belongs to You.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2015 6:17 PM

I heard they were hung like horses. Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2015 6:20 PM

It's springtime for OP.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2015 8:44 PM

Oh, deer, R3/OP!

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2015 8:55 PM

Have CLEAR safe words, that do not include: Kummerspeck, Schattenparker or Blitz Analverkehr.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2015 9:10 PM

Sprechen Sie Deutsch OP? You don't need to but lots of people in Germany do not speak English, despite 9 years of English in their schools.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2015 9:14 PM

I am German, darling. You can date me, if you want to:-)

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2015 10:03 AM

Big dicks. Zero natural politeness. Outdoors-ey. Like exercise. If they have a fetish, very into it. German guys are an acquired taste.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2015 10:11 AM

Hans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2015 10:59 AM

In smaller cities, don't causally buy a German man a drink in a gay bar. He will stick to you like glue and be crushed if you try to move onto another prospect. Young German men in Hamburg, Cologne, Berlin aren't so different than young men in other big international cities. Germans are way into their fetishes but this is true for Men in most of Northern Western Europe. English, French, Swiss, Austria, German, Dutch. But again this is fading with newer generations.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2015 11:09 AM

R18 NO, it is not true.

Like all people, some are big and some are very tiny.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2015 11:53 AM

R12 , yes pretending it never happened. Two world wars, never heard about on German Media, never talked about in public, no museums/memorials/exhibition, not a main part of German school education, none of that. You know fuck all about Germany, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2015 11:59 AM

the two german guys i roomed with once were very clean

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2015 12:04 PM

My cousin's German exchange student had to be reminded constantly to bathe. They attributed it to him being European. I said it was because he was a teenage boy.

R28 I disagree. Every German I know has wanted to take their American visitors to see a concentration camp. They've owned it. The British Queen visited one just this week.

I think Japan wins that award. Japan's reluctance to acknowledge their actions in Korea and China effect relations with their neighbors 70+ years later.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2015 12:20 PM

If you're having trouble finding a date, you can always check out the fickstutenmarkt

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2015 12:21 PM

R30 , I was being sarcastic in my answer to R12.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2015 12:34 PM

R32 My apologies to you (not Japan).

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2015 12:39 PM

R30, if you think Japan's in denial of their war crimes, come here to Britain...

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2015 12:51 PM

All of the following was learned twenty years ago, so take it with a grain of salt. German guys are no less hygienic than Americans. They DO wear clothes back to back. Most people there don't buy ten new outfits a year as people here do. I came to admire their lack of excess and frugality. The biggest difference between America and Germany is how we portray ourselves to the world. The Germans are literal and fact-centered. Americans are effusive and expansive. Germans were always telling me that Americans were superficial because we used the word 'love' for things we 'liked'. This literal way of interacting comes across as rude at first. Just give it time and you'll get used to it. The guys there can be awfully sweet when you begin to understand how they show it.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2015 1:16 PM

"The Germans are literal and fact-centered. Americans are effusive and expansive. Germans were always telling me that Americans were superficial because we used the word 'love' for things we 'liked'. This literal way of interacting comes across as rude at first. Just give it time and you'll get used to it. The guys there can be awfully sweet when you begin to understand how they show it."

You nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2015 1:39 PM

Everything in German sounds like "Kill the Jews"

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2015 1:58 PM

If a German every starts on the tired rant about the American over-use of "love", point out their over use of "beautiful". Every frigg'n thing is "schön"

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2015 2:16 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2015 11:10 AM

More info on Germans being hung

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2015 1:41 AM

Northern German guys are well hung, kike their Danish brethren. Southern, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2015 2:06 AM

Big dick belt goes from Britain to Benelux to Northern Germany and Danes. Swedes not. Poland a bit yes, and into Russia.

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2015 11:11 PM

all the germans i met were very "hippy", you know, very peace&love, SUPER ecologist, hugely politically correct. Yes, boring. I think it's a way to amend their past, maybe

by Anonymousreply 43July 2, 2015 11:23 PM

German's have zero sense of humor and are very uptight. Maybe that's why they are bad at fucking.

by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2015 8:09 AM

I understand that even the women have penises.

by Anonymousreply 45July 7, 2015 10:10 PM

Really tough to generalize, but it's true that a lot of them are very boring, and have all kinds of weird fetishes. Dick size varies a LOT.

OP - you didn't mention where you will be living. There's a world of difference between some sleepy dorf in the Ruhrgebiet and a cosmopolitan city like Berlin or Hamburg, zum beispiel. In the big cities, you will find many other foreigners, so if German guys aren't your thing, you still have options there.

by Anonymousreply 46July 7, 2015 10:32 PM

Hot German guy (NSFW)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 7, 2015 11:36 PM

One of the few places on the planet where you will find many white guys named Leon. You'll see!

by Anonymousreply 48July 8, 2015 3:08 AM

I was born in Dusseldorf and that is why they call me Rolf.

by Anonymousreply 49July 8, 2015 3:20 AM

I just got to Stuttgart and attractive men are few and far between :(

by Anonymousreply 50August 30, 2015 7:23 PM

Had a long term German FB ... I was the bottom. He would need 30 mins or more to cum. I used numbing gel otherwise it would be too painful. He was probably 7 inches pretty thick ... Always had sex twice a day like clockwork, 6:30 am and at bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 51August 30, 2015 7:36 PM

German lesbians are fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 52August 30, 2015 7:44 PM

I found there are two types of germans... the uptight, emotionless or fetish prone and the wild hippie/rave expansive type. Pick the latter. Hygiene may not be a priority but at least sex will be fun and spontaneous. The former, like a really bad Bergman film.

by Anonymousreply 53August 30, 2015 7:58 PM

hmmm, I found Germans to be scrupulously clean, probably the most hygienic of all Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 54August 31, 2015 4:30 AM

The men here are so fugly...it's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2015 7:43 PM

If you like four handed fisting, skin heads, scat, smegma filled foreskin, you are going to LOVE German men.

by Anonymousreply 56September 3, 2015 5:45 AM

Plus they are stinky.

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2016 12:41 AM

I'm the OP of this thread and not a damn thing has changed. German men suck. They're either bitchy and uptight or they're slobs (either way, bad hygiene is the norm).

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2016 3:49 AM

Hi!

I am German. For the first time in years I am able to post again on Datalounge. I am also still really young. Due to the pandemic and subsequent lockdowns I am starved for men and would love to have a nice and caring American boyfriend! Please help! I love American men!

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2020 12:05 PM

OP, DL hates Germany and Germans, so good luck getting answers...

Where are you going to live in Germany? It depends on whether you'll live in Berlin or in some backwater village.

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2020 12:58 PM

OP, just close your eyes and prepare for an an invasion.

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2020 1:07 PM

I want Hanno Fichtner. He has the most charming German accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2020 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!