Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Santorum: Justice Kennedy Is "Potentially Disrupting The Foundation Of The World" (AUDIO)

Jun. 27, 2015

“Which is very, very sad to see how the culture’s changed and how this one man, this is it, this one man, this one man, a 5-4 decision is going to try to affect the basic foundation of America, and frankly, now, with America leading the way, potentially disrupting the foundation of the world.”

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum says the Supreme Court decision on Friday ruling bans on same-sex marriage are unconstitutional is “potentially disrupting the foundation of the world.”

Santorum, who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, said he wasn’t surprised at the ruling, citing the previous ruling from the court striking down the Defense of Marriage of Act. He called Friday a “very sad day.”

“Justice Kennedy said — this is remarkable but listen to it — the only reason that any could oppose gay marriage is because they hated gays and lesbians. Which is almost stops you in your tracks,” Santorum said.

“That five thousand years of human history, a biblically-given thing that God somehow gave us marriage as a man and woman, that that was, that somehow that was intrinsically about hating other people. Which is very, very sad to see how the culture’s changed and how this one man, this is it, this one man, this one man, a 5-4 decision is going to try to affect the basic foundation of America, and frankly, now, with America leading the way, potentially disrupting the foundation of the world.”

Santorum said the next thing to do after the court ruling was to fight to be able “to even to talk about it,” because people will try to “silence any disagreement.” He said it was not time “to move on,” because then they would lose ground in arguing for religious liberty.

“There’s no slippery slope here,” the former Pennsylvania senator added, “religious liberty is under assault today, not going to be, it is, and it’s going to be even more so as we say with this decision.”

“Now that this is the law of the land,” he said. “The question is going to be whether we are going to allow people to actually dissent on this or whether if they are going to be treated as the proponents of this position have advocated: this is a civil rights position and if you oppose this you’re the equivalent a racist back in the 50s and 60s.”

Santorum suggest churches and others who dissent could lose the privileges of tax benefits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2020 8:48 PM

He raped Me!

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2015 5:03 AM

Santorum is The frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2015 5:06 AM

What about the other four?

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2015 5:11 AM

Check out some of the responses to Rick on Twitter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2015 5:14 AM

I think it's odd that a cynic like Santorum builds his career on a lie, and when the lie is exploded in the public mind, sticks by it. There's something odd and strange about that. It's not like he ever actually believed any of what he says.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2015 5:15 AM

Doesn't Santorum have an emergency cyanide pill for when things do not go his stupid way? Pay my bills, bitch, and I might give a 1/1000% of a fuck of what you think.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2015 6:05 AM

Rick Santorum is NEVER coming out of the closet.

And for [italic]that[/italic] we are all grateful.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2015 7:36 AM

How anyone could find any of these Republican clowns inspirational, or deem them as having leadership material, well, it's just beyond me is all.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2015 8:05 AM

How do we know he is gay, R7?

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2015 9:50 AM

WHO CARES?

HIS SIDE LOST!!!!!

THEY WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS LOSE!!!

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2015 12:27 PM

The GOP is digging a hole they won't be able to get out of. Our nation faces serious issues in the future. Same sex marriage is not one of them. This is a gift to the democrats, specifically that most of the GOP candidates will not move on from a resolved issue. This is perfect!

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2015 2:22 PM

R11

They will use it as wedge issue, raising money from the very small fringe. Thing is, I think everybody else just wants to move on. I would hope with the issue now settled, more and more people will be comfortable coming out. The bigots might be surprised at what they find, and they also may risk alienating someone important to their future. It's not like they stand on principle. I suppose we will hear more about state rights, but even that is a tired meme.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2015 2:37 PM

People like Santorum and Michelle Bachmann are mentally ill. They need to be institutionalized.

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2015 3:03 PM

I love Americans who prove their complete ignorance of the world beyond America's shores via their public statements. And this person is a Presidential candidate? I'd hesitate to vote for him for Dog Catcher.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2015 3:07 PM

Really, Frothy Mix's, Huckabee's and Fischer's responses should be encouraged. We should egg them on, and continue to make their heads explode. The GOP establishment thinks this ruling is a gift to them and that they can pivot to economic and national security issues where they think they have an advantage. So, it is incumbent upon us to keep the focus of the 2016 campaign on marriage equality, and make them keep talking about it. We've won, and now, further discussion is just using political oxygen in a way that exposes them for their bigotry, hate and discrimination. And it turns the majority of voters off. A republican who doesn't vote is another vote for a democrat, whether for school board or president. And that is a very good thing.

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2015 3:18 PM

To Rick Santorum.....Bush v Gore....now go fuck yourself

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2015 3:22 PM

frothy mix happens

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2015 3:22 PM

Exactly R15. Let him speak, loud and proud. What better way to let as much of the public as possible see that he is a moron than having him display it first hand.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Candidates like Santorum can't move on from this because they have nothing else. Sound economic policy? Nope. Alternative to Obamacare? Nope again. National security? Bomb away!

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2015 4:43 PM

Oh, Ricky, go back to your hustlers and leave everyone be.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2015 6:02 PM

Still, he is kind of hot and very muscular!!

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2015 6:07 PM

He's a theocratic loon. He should join ISIL leave the civilized world alone.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2015 6:15 PM

Shakespeare defined Santorum centuries ago:

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Scene V).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2015 6:28 PM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2015 6:30 PM

[quote]Still, he is kind of hot and very muscular!!

NO!

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2015 10:19 PM

LOL, R24! Yes, La Santorum is an hysterical queen.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2015 10:34 PM

I bet his breath smells like cabbage and shit.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2015 1:35 AM

Justice Kennedy's from my hometown Sacto. and he's done gone on and make them embarrassing stuff?

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2015 6:44 AM

And his harlot girls are not contained, yes....

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2015 6:58 AM

Rick needs to tend to his own backyard. When he announced, one of sons was NOT there.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2015 7:11 AM

A few of them are so old, how do we know they are still all there mentally?

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2015 7:16 AM

And yet our bushsit is yet none, and yet again, again, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2015 7:56 AM

Karen Santorum got the biggest, oldest, BSiest franctorum, who as an actual supporter of her @RickSantorum as she has encumbered the most multiple hypocrites ever. There aren't too many left, yet who love her elder abortion doctor lover who made her way ever, across her loving way to -- Rick!

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2015 8:25 AM

[quote]Rick needs to tend to his own backyard. When he announced, one of sons was NOT there.

Ooh! Details, please.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2015 9:42 AM

[quote]I think it's odd that a cynic like Santorum builds his career on a lie, and when the lie is exploded in the public mind, sticks by it. There's something odd and strange about that. It's not like he ever actually believed any of what he says.

He can make money at it, though. What else is he supposed to do? People still sell newspapers and run landline phone systems and make buggy whips.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2015 11:44 AM

There's nothing moral, ethical, or Good about the patriarchal values he espouses, it's just a value system that lets men like him push everyone else around.

So of course he throws a hissy fit when it's knocked down!

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2015 2:17 PM

Santorum should eat shit and die.

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2015 6:29 PM

Can't all the looney rightwingers like him just move to Texas or Florida and secede? Who needs them?

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2015 7:14 PM

oooook Rick you fool whateva loser!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2015 8:39 PM

Right R38? Sometimes I think we should secede from them. They're such an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2015 9:37 PM

Florida voted for Obama in 2008 & 2012. It has right-wing elements, but why would you want to get rid of it?

I would suggest getting rid of Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma & Utah first.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2015 9:44 PM

You know, when you people start talking seriously about "getting rid" of certain states you really do sound like half witted morons. How old are you numbnuts, 12?

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2015 9:57 PM

Wow, that's a really cogent argument, R42.

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2015 9:59 PM

R42, early astroturfer, but really infinitely stupid as he couldn't figure out the obvious?

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2015 10:21 PM

Eat dirt and die, trash!

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2015 10:38 PM

Santorum is vindicated IMO. Society has gone to utter shit since this decision. This was when the wokeness and the transtapo really started getting out of hand. And the gay community was neutered and got folded into the dehumanizing "queer" identity.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2020 8:47 PM

Fuck off, DeFecto.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2020 8:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!