Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Straight guys who go to gay pride events

In many European countries, many straight men go to pride events because there doesn't seem to be as much prejudice and pride events have the best music, according to many I have talked to.

In the U.S., I don't know of any straight man that make it a point to go to pride parties.

In Europe are they as hung up on the concept of masculinity as Americans?

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 7:14 PM

God, another straight-guy thread. Do we need one new per day?

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2015 12:31 AM

In Berlin, Christopher Street Day was extremely mixed and very popular with people of all orientations. Especially after the Love Parade got too mainstream and went downhill. But I can't speak for anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2015 12:36 AM

[quote]In Europe are they as hung up on the concept of masculinity as Americans?

No, in Europe the straight men are very UNmasculine, is that what you men by hung up on?

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2015 12:39 AM

I just feel the usual misplaced unquestioning reverence for straight guys is rearing its head again

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2015 12:42 AM

[quote] In Berlin, Christopher Street Day

There's a Christopher Street in Berlin?

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2015 2:26 AM

They're the kind of person who enters a room and checks every face for admirable glances.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2015 2:51 AM

Gay men are more obsessed with masculinity than most straight dudes.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2015 3:08 AM

OP

At the Atlanta PRIDE fest last year the straight people outnumbered gays 5-1.

I was pleasantly shocked.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2015 5:18 AM

I really don't give it a lot of thought, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2015 6:59 AM

They have the best MUSIC? There's less prejudice? OP, are you sure the Eurotrash dudes you talked to were actually straight?

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2015 7:30 AM

When the city council used to fund Pride over here, straights would go too. But then the funds ran out for events and it stopped happening.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2015 7:56 AM

R8 We're not talking about straight "people", because no fucking shit that fag hags show up in drove. The OP asked about straight guys only.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2015 8:10 AM

[quote]Gay men are more obsessed with masculinity than most straight dudes.

Well d'uh. We love men and the essence of maleness. There are many kinds of men but masculinity is an integral part of a man. Some men have it more and some less. Personally I'm drawn to guys who are masculine but have certain feminine qualities as well.

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2015 9:33 AM

I live in the US, and I know at least a dozen straight guys that go to gay pride events and have a lot of fun there. Easily.

Who doesn't know straight guys that are cool with gay guys?? Really??

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2015 11:05 AM

For the younger generations, straight men generally are very cool with gays. It's the old fuckers who have the problem.

It's amazing how many straight guys came up to congratulate me after the SCOTUS decision.

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2015 12:13 PM

I live in DC and I know of several straight guys who went to the gay pride parade (some with wives/girlfriends, others solo). Unfortunately, I met one who was totally my type and spent an entire evening talking to him before a mutual friend revealed the guy was straight. Oh well. I'll just wait for a hot, funny, genius astronomer who's GAY to give me the time of day :(

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2015 12:21 PM

R16

Why do you believe this guy is 'straight'? I mean, sure, it's the respectful thing to do to trust declared orientation but from your perspective to just give up on this guy seems like defeatism.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2015 1:23 AM

um I was just at Chicago Pride, 2 million people and the vast majority were straight. Lots of straight men with their girlfriends. Everyone was having a great time. Stop overthinking it

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2015 1:29 AM

What is exactly about these gay pride events is fun for straight guys? Specifically.

I walked past the gay pride parade today in Manhattan and I couldn't have been less interested. Bunch of loud, grotesque freaks. Lots of teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2015 4:39 AM

Totally get your point.. I am in San Diego California and for some reason straight people actually like the come to the Pride festival. I think it's all the corporate changes that that's made over the years to make it tolerable to straight people. it's no longer fun. Entertainment sucks and were always like who are these people? And the organization always mismanages money and theyre always broke and poor saying how will we pay for this? but they sure as hell collect all the money from registration fees and shit. Ex: San Diego was the first to allow openly GLBT seevicemen march in their parade. Every person with a float that marches in the san diego pride parade must pay a registration fee to the organization San Diego Pride and the military brigade always has fundraisers and asks for donations to help pay their fee in the parade to San diego Pride. Im like damn it, these fuckers serve our country. Why isnt their fee waived and their organization allowed to march for free. . Part of the reason San Diego Pride hardly has any good entertainment. Is that they never wanna pay no body. They only pay certain people. Hell in 2008, they booked Kathy Griffin and she did a little stand up routine or whatever and the area she was performing at was fenced in and filled to capacity and people were trying to get in. Kathy noticed this and called out s.d. pridr. She said Fuck it. They didnt pay me so I dont care break the fence down and best believe they did. In 2014, San Diego Pride was read to filth after it was found out they spent $10,000 on Laverne Cox's booking fee. Laverne Cox was slated to speak at The Rally on a Friday, held at the Pride Block party venue on Normal Street. Laverne Cox was supposed to speak for only 10 minutes and then leave back to Los Angeles. After all this reading she fo und they were throwing her name into this mess. So she announced that she would stay for the parade and donate a portion of her fee to charity. As soon as her car in the parade stopped at Balboa Park, Laverne and her people high tailed it back to L.A. the new corporate run pride organization is always worried about offending anyone, so the Pride festoval is now family friendly. Whatever is attracting straights to the festival enojy cuzball the funs has been sucked out of it. A lot of regular gays just hit the Pride parties at the bars or at their houses where they can be in the debauchery etc. And skip the Pride Festival. In San Diego, the Pride festival is supposed to be a donation but its not its a cover charge. Its a business masquerading as a charity.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2015 5:41 AM

Avoid san diego pride read above

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2015 9:15 AM

R1 I would prefer several new per day.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 1:47 PM

I know of many straight dudes who go to pride events. They usually go with their wives or girlfriends, some even in packs of straight bros.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 1:55 PM

R23 me too and it’s a good thing when straight people celebrate with us imo

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 2:14 PM

I'd prefer if the straight men and straight women would stay home that day. That to me is more supportive of us than having to attend a celebration to basically just get kudos points from the "community".

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 2:24 PM

STOP ENABLING THE THREAD BUMPER

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!