Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2 NHL players are out to friends and family

Does anyone know who the two guys being described in this article are?:

One of the players, who is bi, is out to a number of people including an ex girlfriend, some friends of his, and a couple other hockey players who he is close with. Even telling those people was a difficult step for him, but he feels good about it and I think he should be proud of himself for that. He is considering going public at some point, but would need to be in the right situation. The other player is gay and more of a newcomer in the league with great potential. He has confided in some friends, including two other hockey players (one of which is the first player). He is the more likely of the two to come out publicly at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 31, 2019 1:45 PM

1.Tyler Seguin?!

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2015 4:40 PM

I think I know both.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2015 5:02 PM

Let me perform more research.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2015 5:03 PM

r2, who are they?

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2015 5:04 PM

r2, your guesses are...?

The second one better not be who I think it is. Actually, there are a couple of people it could be.

Seguin fits the first one.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2015 5:09 PM

The first one is probably some old bench warmer. Wonder who the second is though.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2015 5:14 PM

Number one could also be Toews. Notice it didn't say out to his family. Toews is allegedly genuinely bisexual, but his mother is a French Canadian Catholic. He would have a hard time coming out to her, I think.

Seguin's mum wouldn't give a shit, and his father is not really in his life. He's fairly close to his sisters, too.

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2015 5:16 PM

Wrong R6.

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2015 5:16 PM

Where did this info come from? The link?

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2015 5:17 PM

How do you know [R8]? Maybe my bi/gaydar is off, but none of the major NHL stars give off that vibe to me.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2015 5:22 PM

I can't help you R10.

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2015 5:26 PM

r10, you really don't get a vibe from Sidney Crosby?

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2015 12:29 AM

The blind item doesn't fit Crosby, although I think he's gay or asexual.

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2015 2:32 AM

I think we'll find out tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2015 2:44 AM

I thought Seguin was like the Genghis Kahn of the Northeast before he got traded. Like in 100 years half of the NE will be related to him because he went around impregnating all the girls.

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2015 3:18 AM

R13, i vote asexual. please tell me you're joking R10 . um, seguin has only alluded to his interest in men literally every chance he gets but alright R15 (also, have you ever met a bi man? they coined the term 'slut').

and yes, me also thinks toews could be the first player.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2015 4:51 AM

Anyone who plays professional sports and is bi but currently has a girlfriend is not going to come out of the bi closet, people. It's not Toews.

Frankly I doubt the bi rumors about him anyway. I'm willing to be convinced but he definitely doesn't read that way to me.

I mean, we all want it to be someone whose name we'd recognize, but I doubt it's one of the currently well-known players.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2015 5:01 AM

Seguin has posted several things that read as slightly homophobic, and he's openly mocked gay men for propositioning him.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2015 5:02 AM

[quote] and he's openly mocked gay men for propositioning him

Gay guys never do that!

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2015 5:07 AM

the tweets he's posted read more as someone obviously banging on the closet door who got brave (with the help of alcohol, i'm assuming) a couple times and decided to drop some badly concealed hints as to their true sexuality. i mean, "only steers and queers in texas and i ain't a cow" ? sounds like a (not-so-)secret cockslut to me R18 .

i agree with R17 that a bi guy with a gf, especially an athlete, is pretty much never coming out. why would they when they're leading the best of both worlds, enjoying gay pleasure masked by straight privilege ? i only vote toews as a contender bc one, i could see it, idk he just gives me that vibe (although i think he's mostly into women). and two, multiple, albeit truthfully not completely reliable, sources claim to have seen him in his earlier days at gay bars in chicago .

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2015 5:41 AM

I don't think Toews is one of the guys, though I don't doubt he's bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2015 12:54 PM

Toews strikes me as more of a sociopath being into some sick things rather than gay or bi as orientation. He may have dabbled in homosexual sex but only to satisfy his sick fetishes and tastes. He has "that" look.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2015 2:37 PM

r22 allegedly has a foot fetish, but nothing creepy. I think you're reading too much into his eyes; vapidity as psychopathy.

I wonder who the second one is, and how he knows the first one. That's why I wonder about Toews and Saad. Saad has had gfs, but so do many closeted athletes. He fits the younger but with great potential profile. They're on the same team.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2015 3:47 PM

Claude Giroux? He's already been outed by arrest, basically

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2015 4:10 PM

Giroux is a hard drinker. I could see him getting drunk enough to do that, especially on Canada Day, which is basically one big drunk day. Allegedly, he also cheats on the road a lot with women.

I think if he is into men, he's at least bi.

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2015 5:16 PM

Georges Laraque once mentioned in an interview that he used to play with a bisexual guy. So it's not much of a stretch to believe that a gay/bi player would confide in his teammates. I'm just glad the teammates don't betray the trust and out them.

I'm curious to know who the first and the second guy are, but it could be anyone.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2015 8:42 PM

I think #1 is Crosby. He's never been photographed with a woman. The ex would be Kathy Leutner.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2015 9:26 PM

R27, Crosby doesn't seem to be bi to me. If anything he seems like the type who would come out as "bi" to his his family to soften the blow rather than saying gay.

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2015 9:33 PM

Sidney was never with Kathy. They are friends. Kathy has been with another guy the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2015 9:35 PM

R12 - Nah, he just seems bland to me, not gay. Considering all the hype he's had since he was kid and the fact that he's been the face of the league since he entered, he's probably just paranoid about presenting a clean cut image.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2015 9:35 PM

You're wrong R30.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2015 9:37 PM

He's been in the league for years and has never had a girlfriend, even a semi-public one. He's never brought a date to ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2015 9:37 PM

His mom, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2015 9:41 PM

[R32] Really? That is pretty odd. I don't find him attractive, so I never really kept tabs on his dating habits. Do you think he might just fuck around a lot and not want to get caught cheating? I guess it would be pretty cool if he was gay, but since he's one of the few hockey players that actually makes pretty good money with endorsements, I doubt he'd come out.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2015 9:41 PM

There's no gossip about his dating life whatsoever. No talk around Pittsburgh, Nova Scotia, NOTHING. He has never brought a date to NHL events, Pens events, etc. It's totally strange.

Maybe he is gay and closeted and spends all his free time at home with some secret boyfriend. But if he were fucking a bunch of girls, there'd be no way to keep that quiet, not around Pittsburgh.

Or he uses pros.

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2015 9:45 PM

Only thing is Kathy but they have only been just friends.

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2015 9:59 PM

Heterosexuals have no reason to keep their personal lives private. That doesn't even occur to them to even think or behave in such a way.

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2015 10:00 PM

r37 some people regardless of their orientation like keeping their lives personal.

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2015 10:43 PM

^ Being private is one thing, but to completely hide a gf is weird. I still don't think he's gay, but his behavior isn't typical.

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2015 10:58 PM

Even the most private celebrity straight male is open about their relationships when they take them award shows or walk down the street. Take Josh Hartnett for example.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2015 11:09 PM

Sidney had a girlfriend travelling with him in Sochi at the olympics - the Canadian tv coverage showed her on the team bus and referred to her as his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2015 11:50 PM

That was Kathy and she is not his girlfriend. She was with her boyfriend actually while Sochi.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2015 11:51 PM

Is it the Ottawa D man?

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2015 11:54 PM

If Crosby is gay/bi, he's not coming out. Just no way. He seems so repressed. I think he's hockeysexual and that's it. I'm sure he's been under a lot of pressure since he was very young to present himself a certain way. You just don't come out from that without a lot of struggle - and he just doesn't seem the personal struggle triumph over adversity type. I mean, sure he has a lot of determination and talent wrt hockey, but it doesn't seem to translate to having a real personality. I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating him.

Someone up thread said they thought Toews probably had creepy fetishes! Exactly my thoughts. He seems like he'd be a serial killer who preyed on prostitutes if it wasn't for hockey. Ha ha just kidding. Sort of.

So we all want these in-the-closet players to be some of the hotter players, but what if it's like, Phil Kessel, or something.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2015 2:08 AM

I don't think Sidney Crosby is repressed at all. I actually think he has had a partner in the past. A close friend from his private school days. Sidney is actually a pretty awesome guy, especially to his gay friends back in Nova Scotia.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2015 2:21 AM

Kessel as an adorable, if slightly immature, otter. That would be cool. I'll take anyone who wants to come out at this point.

Eddie Lack would be nice; everyone already loves him. Of course, now that's he's stuck in Carolina that's probably never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2015 4:55 AM

If, and that's a big if, any of the major stars are gay/bi, I think it would surprise the GMs, owners, and agents how receptive fans would be, especially potential younger fans. I mean, most people that I know don't give a shit about hockey, but I think they might if someone with some media presence actually came out. Most of the NHLers are so so so bad at media, though. So stilted, boring, if you ask them anything off script it's like...... 10 seconds... blank stare.... 30 more seconds of awkward silence..... long pause... feet shuffling .... awkward wiping of nose...

In the U.S., I think public perception of hockey in general is still that it's kind of a white, hick sport that mostly Canadians care about. If they actively encouraged some diversity in their players, it could really only be a good, broadening thing for their audience.

I know Ovie is a mega hound and Russian to boot, but if someone gregarious like that came out it could really change the public perception of hockey.

Seguin is probably the best candidate listed above just because he's at least somewhat media savvy and charismatic. But he's also got a problematic history. If he's really bi, way to play into the "all bi guys are sluts" stereotype.

And as far as Crosby goes, I'm a lapsed Flyers fan so I'm predisposed to not give him any credit. I'm sure he has lots of gay friends (2) that he's very nice to, but he also said he liked watching Duck Dynasty!! I have never forgotten that little tidbit and I still hold it against him.

And forget it, Kessel is full on bear at this point, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2015 5:29 AM

The Stanley Cup made its second appearance at Chicago Pride, but I didn't see what players if any were with it (Brent Sopel took it in 2010).

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2015 5:58 AM

No players r48. I don't know why they even bothered. That's insulting as fuck.

Andrew Ference is gay friendly, and Ben Scrivens and his wife Jenny were at Edmonton pride this year. Jason Demers tweeted support of the SCOTUS ruling, but I think he's still traveling. I hope he makes it to Dallas pride.

r47 have you seen him recently? Apparently, he's slimmed down for Babcock. They are having a hard time trading him, so he might be a Leaf by the time he has to report to camp.

I wouldn't want Seguin anywhere near any kind of LGBT advocacy. If he wants to come out, I think that'd be great, but he has a terrible past and he's immature as fuck. I'd prefer Toews, Lack, or any of the younger draft picks. I seriously wondered about McDavid. It would fit the pattern of the "Next Ones" having gay/bi rumours around them, but who knows.

BTW, r47 what made you lapse as a Flyers fan? You guys are pretty loyal, considering the shit you go through with your owner. Then again, I'm still a Leafs fan for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2015 8:05 AM

I think the support of LGBT rights only goes so far with players, R49. I do know that getting support for that You Can Play thing is like pulling teeth. They want no part of it. That's what I've heard from people who have worked for it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2015 12:28 PM

If Seguin came out, he would calm down.

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2015 12:28 PM

r50, fair enough. Then don't bring the cup at all then. To do it without the players is just insulting.

The You Can Play initiative is bullshit that is there so that the league avoids scrutiny for its players and record on LGBT issues really at all levels of the game. It's also a sinecure for more cronies (albeit younger ones).

I think a lot of players would calm the fuck down and improve their lifestyles 100% if they came out. From what I've heard, it's caused a few players a lot of grief.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2015 1:07 PM

You're right, R51. Why even bring it? And, yes, the You Can Play thing is BS. I do agree. It did make people a lot of people money though, I would imagine.

by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2015 1:31 PM

I wish The older guy was Giroux, R24

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2015 12:46 AM

It may be because Brent Sopel was cut immediately after taking it in 2010. It's the kind of thing people remember and the coach gives off a total "Stone Age asshole" vibe. The Blackhawks delayed their salary cap decisions until after the parade.

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2015 2:32 AM

Then what gay person supports the Chicago Blackhawks? I mean, good lord.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2015 12:44 PM

FFS, Sopel was let go because he was a fringe player and that's the time the teams release/deal players to coincide with the draft to free up cap space. I'd be the first to call them out on homophobic bullshit, but this isn't an example.

Saad got traded solely because of the cap, and the fact that Bowman fucked it up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2015 1:18 PM

you can play is a huge fucking joke to a lot of players in the league. like another person up-thread said, it makes the NHL look good without anyone actually doing anything to combat homophobia.

bringing the cup to the parade was just demeaning and pointless. says a lot about the guys on the team, though i don't think anyone ever really doubted they're all privately homophobic/scared to 'look gay'.

kessel is hideous but he and bozak's 'friendship' is just a little...iffy...to me. personally, if i had to guess two players that were gay//bi and dating each other, i'd have to put my money on those two. although i honestly have no idea why bozak would date [italic] that [/italic] of all people (not that bozak is going to be getting any calls from the calvin klein reps anytime soon either but..).

by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2015 9:27 PM

I doubt it's Kessel. He seems to hate media attention, so I don't think he'd even consider coming out publicly anytime soon if he were gay. I can't think of any well-known player who seems like he would. None of them are very good media personalities.

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2015 10:39 PM

Sopel was not a "fringe" player and did very well in Russia and the AHL. He has also divorced his wife and does commentary. He played 659 games in the NHL.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2015 10:45 PM

He was a fringe player at the time, and a role player at best. One of his key roles on the Hawks was to block shots. That's not something a top 6 generally does.

r58 there were a lot of rumours about them, but they were said to have broken up a long time ago. Bozak has a gf now who seems legit. If you view Kessel as a pissy queen, his behaviour makes a lot more sense. (I still think he has an anxiety disorder; a 27 yr old guy who doesn't drive is not normal.)

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2015 9:59 AM

Hopefully the lack of Blackhawks representation at the pride parade stops that 'Toews is bi and wants to come out' nonsense. If he is bi, which I think is mostly wishful thinking on the part of some gay dudes and lady fanfic writers, he ain't ever coming out while he's still playing.

I like thinking of Kessel as a pissy queen, not because I think he is, but because it amuses me.

by Anonymousreply 62July 3, 2015 9:08 PM

Tyler Seguin is probably the first player, but any ideas on the second? The gay newcomer?

by Anonymousreply 63July 3, 2015 9:47 PM

Any gay person cancel their Blackhawks season tickets yet?

by Anonymousreply 64July 3, 2015 11:08 PM

r63 this one is weird because I'm assuming the second guy is younger, and on the same team. Maybe they're not teammates, though. Seguin is 23, so he's pretty young himself. I still think Toews is bi. We've had a couple of posters in previous threads who've seen him out at gay bars earlier in his career, before they blew up. This was in previous, great sports gossip threads.

Kessel can be pissy. I know he's not a fighter, but this is hilarious. Dude, just back the fuck away, don't get slappy with your stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 3, 2015 11:17 PM

Seguin is not new in the league.

by Anonymousreply 66July 3, 2015 11:22 PM

r66 people are picking him for the first, bi guy not the newcomer.

Aaron Ekblad fits the newcomer and high ceiling criteria. He also doesn't strike me as a typical hockey player, puck slut screwing party guy, as most are. Maybe he's just mature for his age. He's also hot as hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 3, 2015 11:32 PM

Oops repeat link.

Here's Ekblad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2015 11:34 PM

Hmm...the second is somebody we've never talked about.

by Anonymousreply 69July 3, 2015 11:35 PM

Very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 70July 3, 2015 11:36 PM

I love Ekblad! I don't think he's gay, but I do think he's adorable. I stalked his twitter/instagram for awhile and he seems to like girls, dammit. I love all the little baby hockey players that just got drafted, too. They're like little puppies.

by Anonymousreply 71July 3, 2015 11:38 PM

Who's the white guy in the OP's photo?

by Anonymousreply 72July 3, 2015 11:48 PM

I don't think the second guy is necessarily on the same team as the other guy.

[quote]The other player is gay and more of a newcomer in the league with great potential. He has confided in some friends, including two other hockey players (one of which is the first player).

Clues: More of a newcomer - drafted within the last 2-3 years, maybe? Friendly with the other bi hockey player Great potential - Ekblad did just win the Calder! Doubt he is friends with Seguin though.

by Anonymousreply 73July 4, 2015 12:29 AM

Assuming Seguin is the first guy. If it's Toews, then that changes the blind.

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2015 12:33 AM

Could be MacKinnon? He's friends with Crosby, who seems obviously gay.

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2015 12:42 AM

r75 I thought of him, but he seems to have a gf he's into. Could be a beard, and he would fit the blind.

He *is* getting fat, though.

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2015 12:45 AM

The second guy is somebody we've never talked about here.

by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2015 1:22 AM

r77, how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2015 1:32 AM

Because R77 IS the second guy, R78!

by Anonymousreply 79July 4, 2015 1:33 AM

Well it's a shame the Blackhawks can't get it together on this issue because Rocky W. seems about as straight as Marcus Bachmann.

by Anonymousreply 80July 4, 2015 1:34 AM

Does Subban have a girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 81July 4, 2015 1:43 AM

Interesting. If it is the Habs, and Subban is the older, bi player then Chucky (Galchenyuk) is probably the gay, younger one. Heard rumours about him for a while. He might have told Gorges, who is suspect himself, or Gally.

Subban's father is Jamaican, a notoriously homophobic culture. I could see him not being comfortable out.

by Anonymousreply 82July 4, 2015 2:01 AM

If you're going to talk about pissy queens in hockey, the conversation is not complete without mentioning that Cindy Crysby is queen pissy-est. I wonder what will happen in the locker room when Kessel and Crysby totally queen out on each other with poor, depressed Malkin standing bemusedly in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 83July 4, 2015 2:09 AM

What about Johnny Gaudreau? He's a little bit of an attention whore with that trademarked nickname thing. Somebody trying to trademark their nickname is probably not that interested in coming out, though. Unless he's going to do it in a big way, like on Drag Race or something.

by Anonymousreply 84July 4, 2015 2:25 AM

r84 who's the other player, though? He always seems to be in the confines of the Flames, and I don't know that team well enough to flag a candidate for the first guy.

I think the habs situation is interesting, because you never see Subban with a gf, and he attends a lot of high profile events, in & out of the league.

r83, the Pens aren't pissy queens, they're whiny bitches--a subtle, but important difference. Although in fairness to 87, it's hard for him without the instigator rule. He does put up with a lot of shit, but they don't handle it well.

Tortorella was 100% right when he called them out. I miss him in the league-he was honest as fuck. If he made a few coaching adjustments, he'd be a great modern NHL coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 4, 2015 2:52 AM

Sidney crosby is asexual I think. Not into girls or guys. He is just obsessed about one thing and that's hockey.

by Anonymousreply 86July 4, 2015 3:29 AM

R86 - Whether he's into guys or girls, he's probably just discreet and fucks around like all the other athletes. 10 years ago would anyone have thought that Tiger Woods had a harem of women? Asexuality is extremely rare, and I hate to judge asexuals the way people judge gays, but they usually are a certain "type" and it isn't athletic.

Subban is interesting because he's another one who I've never seen linked with anyone. And he doesn't mind attention, so he doesn't strike me as the "private" sort.

by Anonymousreply 87July 4, 2015 3:50 AM

you know what, i'm going to cast my vote in for subban being gay (this isn't to say that he's the 1st guy in the blind, because i honestly have no clue who it could be). as other posters have mentioned: the guy never seems to have a gf (and when he supposedly does we don't see them together more than once), whenever he's asked about a celebrity crush he always gives some generic or outrageous reply (i.e. megan fox, oprah, beyonce), and he always looks just a little too cozy with certain teammates (price and prust, to name two off the top of my head). idk if he's going to come out anytime soon though. i mean, he's already black and gets his fair share of racism over it. can you imagine him coming out as gay on top of that ?

R62 that's the dumbest thing i've ever read. i have never, in my decade and a half of knowing them, ever met a bisexual man who was out and genuinely proud of it. the majority of them embrace their straight side while treating their gay tendencies as a dirty little secret they only indulge in from time to time. so i highly doubt that an athlete in a macho homophobic environment of all people, much less the fucking captain of one of the hottest nhl teams rn, would attend a pride parade.

R59, i don't think it's kessel either. his name was brought up so i was simply throwing it out there that i think he and bozak may be gay/bi. my guess for the bi guy is seguin

by Anonymousreply 88July 4, 2015 4:14 AM

R82, from where did you hear the Chucky rumors? I've been hearing rumors about Price from various sources but this is the first time I've read about Alex. R84, I honestly don't see it as attention whoring, I get the motivation to keep random people from putting Johnny Hockey on any shirt etc when their idea could be in poor taste.

by Anonymousreply 89July 4, 2015 4:23 AM

The article clearly states that the bi guy has thought of going public, though. Why would a bi guy with a girlfriend even think of coming out? Therefore it is not Toews. Why do people in this thread keep thinking it could be Toews?

I don't think it is Seguin, he seems like a straight douche. If he's bi, I don't want him on my team.

Subban is a good guess, and he's actually mildly charismatic and cute. I approve.

I'm sick of talking about Crosby. He's not even good looking. I don't think he's gay, really. Just boring.

by Anonymousreply 90July 4, 2015 4:25 AM

even if toews is bi, i don't see him ever coming out. first off, he's too private. second, he has a gf that's basically every straight man's fantasy fuck. no way he's giving that up to announce to the world that he secretly sucks dick on the side .

by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2015 5:03 AM

I call this openly in ....

by Anonymousreply 92July 4, 2015 6:09 AM

r90 because the gf is a escort beard, and he might have a male he wants to be in a relationship with.

by Anonymousreply 93July 4, 2015 6:23 AM

*an escort beard

I think they also told Kane to beard up, not necessarily because he's gay, but to polish his image. They have a minder for him now, too.

by Anonymousreply 94July 4, 2015 8:44 AM

I think that we can with absolute certainty exclude any Russians/Eastern Europeans from the bi/gay candidates. No way are any of them coming out. Pavel Bure anyone?

I like the Subban guess. He's flashy, but he seems confident to pull off a coming out. Whereas someone like Benn, who also never seems to have a gf, couldn't handle that kind of public scrutiny. If it's someone who is considering coming out while playing, I think we should focus on someone who oozes confidence and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 95July 4, 2015 12:28 PM

You're wrong R90.

by Anonymousreply 96July 4, 2015 12:41 PM

Very few charismatic players in the NHL, but I do like the Subban guess. He's also friendly with a lot of guys from around the league, so I don't think the younger player has to be on his team.

by Anonymousreply 97July 4, 2015 4:33 PM

I get a strong homophobic vibe from Michael Del Zotto. Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 98July 4, 2015 5:17 PM

R98 Don't know about homophobic, but I get a douchey vibe from him.

by Anonymousreply 99July 4, 2015 5:58 PM

giant, entitled whiny douchebro.

Just announced he's going to arbitration. Good luck with that--sexy Hexy doesn't fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 100July 4, 2015 6:20 PM

"Whether he's into guys or girls, he's probably just discreet and fucks around like all the other athletes"

If he was fucking around you would have heard something by now. Btw, there were whispers about Tiger cheating before the whole scandal

by Anonymousreply 101July 4, 2015 6:39 PM

If you're talking about Seguin, they're have been. For years. I have heard about them since around 2011.

by Anonymousreply 102July 4, 2015 6:41 PM

There have been...

by Anonymousreply 103July 4, 2015 6:41 PM

I think we can all agree Seguin is anything but discreet. Think R101 was talking about Sid the Kid.

by Anonymousreply 104July 4, 2015 7:18 PM

[quote] I'm sick of talking about Crosby. He's not even good looking.

I find him very cute.

by Anonymousreply 105July 4, 2015 7:24 PM

Me too. He is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 106July 4, 2015 7:25 PM

Sid is too valuable to the game not to be protected up the ying. Wayne Gretzky is protected to this day. To Sid's credit, he's the best behaved, most decent of the "great ones", Gretzky, Lemieux, Lindros and Crosby. I don't know about McDavid. I have the feeling he might be one of us.

by Anonymousreply 107July 4, 2015 7:28 PM

Protected from the gay evil gay? Even with gay marriage?

by Anonymousreply 108July 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Protected from anything stopping their perceived earning potential, r108. Hockey culture is conservative; there's a large country contingent in the game. Having a gay/bi player is thought of as a negative by TPTB because many are second and third generation and have no clue how to grow the game and what the market will tolerate.

Scummy agents often keep their clients in the closet, like the other parts of the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 109July 4, 2015 7:36 PM

I thought McDavid had gay face, but now maybe I think he just has pimply young teenage face.

I guess Sid probably has more (the most?) endorsement contracts than the other current "star" players, so if he's gay/bi, I doubt he'd come out. I think he looks like Andy Samberg, but I never thought Samberg was very attractive. Chacun a son gout.

by Anonymousreply 110July 4, 2015 7:53 PM

So it's okay to lie about who you to make millions?

by Anonymousreply 111July 4, 2015 8:08 PM

You are.

by Anonymousreply 112July 4, 2015 8:08 PM

Not being publicly out isn't necessarily lying. NHL players aren't very high profile, so whoever the blind item is referring to probably doesn't beard.

by Anonymousreply 113July 4, 2015 8:58 PM

It's lying because assume you're heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 114July 4, 2015 9:12 PM

But, you have a point R114.

by Anonymousreply 115July 4, 2015 9:13 PM

R93/R94, i highly doubt that toews' gf is an escort. trashy? yes. gold-digger? absolutely. but a glorified prostitute? i don't think so. as i said before, toews is very private when it comes to his personal life. no way he'd get with a notoriously slutty, desperate, party-girl unless he actually liked her. her past is already the subject of numerous discussions and the attention it brings wouldn't be worth it if she was just a beard. i also believe that toews is more straight than gay (if he is indeed bi).

kane on the other hand? seems gay as a goose imo. does no one else find it strange that he talks about his gf like she's his mother and that the only good thing he seems able to say about her is that she keeps him in line? also, while his gf isn't a hag, he could definitely do better with the money/fame he's got going for him. and while kane's gf is a 5.5 (maybe even a full 6 even on a good day), she seems just the type of girl that his family (mommy dearest and his sisters especially) would approve of. and please don't even get me started on how forced the affection looks from his end.

i like that i'm not the only one that's noticed the whole subban situation. but again, i doubt he'll be coming out anytime soon. being a double minority on its own is hard enough, i'm sure. but a double minority in the NHL ? yeaH, no. doesn't matter how charismatic or talented the guy is, they would never let him live it down. the taunting and jeers would get so bad he'd be all but forced to retire early.

by Anonymousreply 116July 4, 2015 10:46 PM

Patrick Kane has a girlfriend for years. She is not a beard, she is not a model, she is an average girl.

by Anonymousreply 117July 4, 2015 11:00 PM

i think you missed the entire point of what i was trying to say R117..

by Anonymousreply 118July 4, 2015 11:08 PM

Kane's gf is pretty in an understated sort of way. It's not like some Victoria Secret model would ever date Kane, even with his huge contract. A beautiful woman of quality could do a lot better than him. Plus, sometimes those innocent looking women are anything but.

by Anonymousreply 119July 4, 2015 11:11 PM

What were you trying to say R118? Your lack proper grammar doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 120July 4, 2015 11:25 PM

I really disagree that Subban could be gay. I used to think he might be but after listening to interviews with him and hearing the way he talks about women, there's no way he's gay. I guess he could be bi but he doesn't ping to me.

by Anonymousreply 121July 5, 2015 12:39 AM

r116, No, she was an escort. Not judging that, BTW. It was apparently well known in the Chicago area. She gradually weaned herself off their roster as she was into "lingerie league" football and loop girl contests. She then was a bottle girl, and lived off a bar owner for a while.

Toews and the team scrubbed her pics and listings with the service from the net, although some people still remember (and I think a few have screencaps of her listing). He allegedly has a few mild fetishes and likes the big boob blonde type. Is also allegedly bi, don't know what he likes in men.

by Anonymousreply 122July 5, 2015 12:55 AM

Patrick Kane is a hot fucking mess who will die if he doesn't get his shit together. He has a guy who does 'security' when he goes out, especially with the team. Actually, the guy's there to make sure Kane doesn't pass out drunk in the street, punch anybody out, strangle anyone or drive drunk and run people over.

The team has really put the screws to reporters in the last couple of years with all the extra curricular drama, so Kane's exploits are hidden with the rest of the bullshit. The Kings and Blackhawks are known as party teams, like Philly used to be when that asshole Pronger was there. The Kings have already imploded, a lot of people in hockey are wondering if the Hawks are next.

by Anonymousreply 123July 5, 2015 1:19 AM

ah yes, my 'lack proper grammar', R120. maybe before trying to go after someone for something, make sure you're not guilty of it yourself ? anyways, i was saying that kane picked his gf because if he's gay, what does he care that she isn't a bombshell? most gay men i know had the same type of average but family-friendly girlfriend before they came out. of course this doesn't prove that kane is gay, maybe he actually does like her despite her not being the best he could have (which i have to disagree with R119 about because while kane isn't gorgeous, he isn't ugly either, and there are plenty of beautiful gold-digging women who would jump at the chance to get with one of the best players/best paid athletes in the nhl right now). but what i can't get past is how awkward kane looks with his gf most times and how staged the affection he shows towards her appears.

alright, i concede R122, toews' gf may have been an escort. but i don't think she is his beard. scrubbing her pics/vids/listings off the internet seems like way too much effort for a beard when he could have just as easily picked a girl with a better past. lindsey is definitely the type of girl that only a man who likes women would get with.

by Anonymousreply 124July 5, 2015 1:25 AM

Go away. You are the My English is good enough troll.

by Anonymousreply 125July 5, 2015 1:26 AM

hm, he fooled me R123. i really thought kane had actually gotten his act together after madison, since he's so close with his family who we all know was devastated by his behavior. then of course there's also the fact that his little meltdown was basically the last straw for TPTB.. still, can't say i'm too surprised if it's true that kane's still a mess. he clearly had some major issues and was a little too friendly with alcohol to clean up his act so quickly. on another note, wonder if the hawks are going to trade sharp. he got way too sloppy with his affairs and frankly i'll be shocked if he sticks around after all that.

by Anonymousreply 126July 5, 2015 1:33 AM

I do not understand the people who think Kane is gay and I do not understand those who think Seguin is gay. They seem the exact same type of straight douche, though Seguin is at least attractive. I don't know anything about Kane's girlfriend, but if she's a beard, it's probably only because his club/agent doesn't want him roaming free and unattached in Chicago, given his propensity for trouble. He is also a notorious mama's boy, so the fact that he looks at his girlfriend as a substitute mother is no big surprise. Most straight guys do, to a certain extent.

Toews's girlfriend was a bottle girl before they hooked up, so a kind of prostitute. I don't know about escorting on its own, but bottle girls definitely make themselves sexually available for cash.

Finally, in my opinion, like the original article said, I think guys like Sid, if he is indeed gay or bi, would prefer the focus be on their hockey rather than their sexuality. It's an excuse, and maybe not a good one, but there it is. He seems a private person regardless of his sexuality, and I can't picture him suddenly becoming a spokesperson for LGBT issues in sports. He also doesn't seem very articulate. Maybe he'd come out if he got a couple more concussions and had to retire, but even then, you've got to assume a star like that sees their future in the NHL in some capacity - whether its working for the league, or ownership, or sports journalism, or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 127July 5, 2015 1:34 AM

i always thought taylor hall and tyler seguin were boning each other senseless. if you saw them at the nhl draft. it's like they were always all over each other

by Anonymousreply 128July 5, 2015 1:34 AM

R127 you need to let it go. You are wrong about Seguin and you are wrong about Crosby. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 129July 5, 2015 1:41 AM

i agree with most of what you said R127, but i'm sorry, i just do not find seguin attractive. hot body, yes. but that pig nose and weasel-y face (depending on the picture) is just not doing it for me. though i will admit that he looks leagues better than kane, who is gap-toothed, bowlegged, and balding.

if he's gay, crosby is never coming out, even when he retires. he wouldn't want to tarnish his image and go down as 'that gay hockey player' .

i can definitely see kane's gf being a handler. he HAS described her as such in the past..

by Anonymousreply 130July 5, 2015 1:43 AM

Sharp might not be traded for a while. There are only a few teams that have the need and the cap flexibility to take him. He could conceivably be on the roster for training camp. He has a high cap hit and he's getting older. He's only got 2 years on his contract, though and he had a bad year with an injury; he could easily rebound.

I can't believe the front office fucked that situation up to the level they did. That's inexcusable with Scott Bowman on the team as a senior adviser. He dealt with much, much worse in Detroit. Fuck, he even kept a lid on Shanahan for god's sake. Sharp is nowhere near Shanny's level of literal fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 131July 5, 2015 2:12 AM

Please tell us about Shanny's level, R131. I was a little young to be hearing those rumors when he played there.

by Anonymousreply 132July 5, 2015 3:06 AM

r132 just constant sexing. Allegedly of anyone, male or female. Allegedly got the Wings anthem singer pregnant (with twins, no less), was not fussy about picking a teammate's wife, and would do anything decent looking, even older women.

What used to piss the front office off was he was so gorgeous and charming, you couldn't really be mad at him. It was just hard to deal with if you were in management. Supposedly, one of the teams (I think it was actually St Louis) had to buy up some x-rated pics of one of his parties.

Too bad our hockey insiders were driven away by the fraufans; we had a couple of them on here who could probably tell some stories. I'm just a fan, so I only know what trickled out into the press over the years.

I heard he wasn't well liked amongst teammates because he had an ego and was self-centred. I think some of it was jealousy, as it is with Sharp. Both probably fit the clinical definition of a sex addict.

Oddly, I haven't heard shit since he's been in the TO front office. I wonder if he's settled down, or the media who own the team just put the stories on lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 133July 5, 2015 4:51 PM

Shanny when younger. He had a great build, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 5, 2015 5:50 PM

R133, i'd hardly call shanahan 'gorgeous'. decent-looking at best. sharp looks much better and can be quite charming, perhaps that will be what saves him a spot on the hawks roster. also, you can't judge a book by its cover, but keith's wife really doesn't look the type to cheat. she has kind of a kate middleton-esque air about her and seems happy enough with the hubby, but who knows. you'd think that sharp would have picked one of the better looking WAGS though (i.e. toews' arm candy, or seabrook's wife).

by Anonymousreply 135July 5, 2015 8:49 PM

I thought Keith and his wife were already divorced? Or on their way there...

by Anonymousreply 136July 5, 2015 9:02 PM

what makes you say that R136?

by Anonymousreply 137July 5, 2015 9:08 PM

I heard rumors about divorce too, R136, but I don't remember where.

by Anonymousreply 138July 5, 2015 9:23 PM

They are separated, and have been for almost 2 years, but their divorce isn't finalized.

Allegedly, when Sharp was indiscreet with his weather girl mistress, it caused ripples that exposed Keith's side piece, too. I believe he is still with said side piece, although he was seen hooking up with greater Chicago after they won the cup. Sharp's wife decided to stay, apparently she really pursued him throughout college. Keith's wife had enough. In fairness, they'd been together since high school.

There was a rumour that it was Dayna Seabrook, who is naturally gorgeous, but who knows. The consistent story is he sampled some WAGs. Toews' piece is busted as fuck, so I doubt he went there but who knows. If he is an actual addict, it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 139July 5, 2015 9:54 PM

Really, they separated that long ago? His son is barely 2.

by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2015 11:12 PM

Looks like Keith isn't divorced yet. Just found a fangirl tumblr that keeps up to date info on players' relationship status, it's organized by team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 6, 2015 12:33 AM

What's total mismatch between many of these:

Justin Abdelkader & Julie Leshkevich

I mean, come on. It's almost insulting.

by Anonymousreply 142July 6, 2015 12:42 AM

Love the girl's reaction when someone asks if Crosby has a girlfriend.

[quote]I don’t know what’s going on with him at all lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 6, 2015 1:02 AM

I like Sidney Crosby. I think he would make a great partner.

That post is funny though, R143.

by Anonymousreply 144July 6, 2015 1:10 AM

All of those guys on so many teams have girlfriends...the ones without...hmmm..,.

by Anonymousreply 145July 6, 2015 1:11 AM

r142 puck bunny who hooked up with Seguin. Poor Justin. He's sweet, but not a lot upstairs.

That website is a fangurl site-they have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 146July 6, 2015 1:22 AM

That chick hooked up with Tyler? Do you know this for a fact?

But, come on, I mean, come on. She's clearly only with him because he's a professional athlete. I mean he looks like a guy on Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 147July 6, 2015 1:29 AM

r147 She was with Tyler, then Tyler Brown. Seguin had social media about it a while ago. I also heard it a few different places. She wanted to upgrade to the show, so Brown was out. Next thing you know, Justin was hooked. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 148July 6, 2015 1:31 AM

Did they have sex did they just hang out? Tyler Seguin, I mean.

I know Tyler hangs out girls, but he doesn't have sex with them. Were they together for a long time or was this a very quick hook-up?

by Anonymousreply 149July 6, 2015 1:35 AM

r140 it's definitely been over a year he's (allegedly) had the mistress, he dropped the ring and brought his brother last year when he won the Norris. That was the first public sign something was up.

by Anonymousreply 150July 6, 2015 1:35 AM

What's the story on Jamie Benn?

by Anonymousreply 151July 6, 2015 1:37 AM

Jason Demers. I have a weakness for French Canadians. I even think Patrick Roy is hot. God help me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 6, 2015 2:01 AM

[R148] What are you talking about? Seguin and Julie were never together. When she was with Brown, Seguin acted like a jealous (of Julie) dick on twitter.

[R151] All I know is Benn was dating a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader last year.

One Crosby thing I've never seen mentioned here: at World Championships, most guys brought their families and wives/girlfriends, but Crosby brought his parents, sister, and a male "childhood friend" who was in the family pic that was otherwise just players, families, and wives/girlfriends. (Seguin also brought friends and they were not in this pic.) This friend also just got a job with the Pens and is moving to Pittsburgh for next season, and there's a rumor he's living with Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 153July 6, 2015 3:08 AM

Aww that's kind of adorable. I don't even like Crosby, but if he's got a boyfriend that's willing to move to Shittsburgh for him, you know it's true love.

by Anonymousreply 154July 6, 2015 3:49 AM

r153 he and Julie supposedly hooked up just before he was with Brown--nothing serious, but more than his usual pump and dump. She's a puck slut.

Benn is supposed to be shy, but he can allegedly be a dick-known as a cokehead (what young NHLer isn't?), does a lot of women.

Good for Crosby. After being with that trainwreck team I hope he's happy.

by Anonymousreply 155July 6, 2015 3:54 AM

Link to pic, r153?

by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2015 5:19 AM

R156 The friend is two heads above Sid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2015 6:16 AM

Good for Sid. Glad he's happy and living his life. I hope Tyler does the same thing too soon. Get's serious with somebody, that is.

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2015 11:59 AM

So we're now assuming Crosby is the answer to the first player? Which recent-ish draftee who is a promising player is he friendly with?

by Anonymousreply 159July 7, 2015 5:40 AM

The first is Crosby?? I was leaning way more towards Seguin.. I can only see Crosby as gay or asexual really

by Anonymousreply 160July 7, 2015 6:00 AM

r159 Nathan MacKinnon, from the same place down East. They train together in the off season. I don't see him as bi, either though. I think Sid is gay and it wouldn't surprise me if the poster above is correct re: his partner. I don't necessarily like him on the Pens payroll (depending on what he does), but I'm glad Sid is happy.

Seguin sounds too young for the first player, but I believe he's bi.

r89 I've heard Chucky rumours around for a while. He takes his sister to a lot of things because she's hot and people think she's a gf. Price I've definitely heard about.

The other player who fits the first blind (bi guy) is Joffrey Lupul. He hangs around with a couple of other players, Scott Upshall being one. He also had a gf who dumped him not that long ago. It was a bit of a surprise, as he's usually the dumper, but if she found out he was bi, maybe she ended it. She was younger than him, so people at the time thought she was just flighty. The other player could be William Nylander, our Swedish prospect currently with the Marlies.

by Anonymousreply 161July 7, 2015 6:28 AM

Isn't that guy an old hockey teammate from when Crosby was a kid? I wouldn't be surprised if Crosby was gay, but a close friendship with another guy, especially one you've known since you were a kid, doesn't equal a sexual relationship, and it's not really uncommon for famous people to hook old friends up with jobs.

by Anonymousreply 162July 7, 2015 6:35 AM

R162 Yeah they were teammates for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 163July 7, 2015 5:28 PM

Jesse Blacker just got signed to the Stars affiliate near Dallas. He's in Tyler Seguin's crew, and there have been pics of them together lately. I wonder if these guys are hiding in plain sight as a favour to the superstars who put the asses in the seats.

by Anonymousreply 164July 8, 2015 2:18 AM

Jesse has beautiful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 165July 8, 2015 2:24 AM

He looks more together than the rest of that crew. The others look like STD factories, Seguin top of the list.

by Anonymousreply 166July 8, 2015 2:55 AM

I'd bet Eddie Lack is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 167July 8, 2015 9:37 PM

Taylor Hall and Connor McDavid??

Hall is bi and a huge douchebag, and McDavid would fit the young guy with a high ceiling clue.

by Anonymousreply 168July 9, 2015 1:54 AM

oh yeah, i almost forgot about eddie lack. while he may not be the gay one the blind is talking about, he is most definitely a [italic] huge [/italic] 'mo.

by Anonymousreply 169July 9, 2015 2:24 AM

R169 Eddie Lack has a girlfriend, or at least had one last summer. Maybe he's bi but personally I don't understand why people think he's gay.

R168 Why do you think Hall is bi? I've never heard this I've only heard he's probably the biggest jerk in the NHL to women. McDavid has a girlfriend too and I don't know if he would be included in this article, this was posted even before the draft and comes across like the player is at least in the league already.

My guess for 1 is still Seguin, and for 2 one possibility could be Johnny Gaudreau. Apparently he has never had a girlfriend and his teammates make fun of how he's too shy to talk to girls. That doesn't mean much but I could see it.

by Anonymousreply 170July 9, 2015 6:44 AM

Scroll down a few photos for a pic of Subban, Prust, and a Hollywood star who is DEFINITELY NOT GAY. Lots of smoke here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 9, 2015 7:27 AM

r171, which one do you think Will was fucking?

by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2015 8:47 PM

That is extremely broad and could be anyone from any team.

by Anonymousreply 173July 10, 2015 3:22 AM

That is extremely broad and could be anyone from any team.

by Anonymousreply 174July 10, 2015 3:22 AM

R170, john travolta is married with kids, and ricky martin had a multitude of girlfriends in his prime whom he claimed to be madly in love with. so what exactly is your point when you mention that lack has a gf ? and really, you have [italic] no idea [/italic] at all why anyone would think he's gay ?

you must be a frau...

by Anonymousreply 175July 10, 2015 4:31 AM

R175 Haha okay buddy. Anyone who doesn't agree a random guy is gay is a frau, I know. He always jokes about being gay with Luongo and others so he doesn't come across like a closet case dating women to me. I understand why someone would think he could be gay I just think it's just based on first impressions and wishful thinking instead of reality. Plenty of guys come across like they could be gay and aren't, how does he come off gay enough to make people insist he is even with no other reasons to think so or any rumors.

by Anonymousreply 176July 10, 2015 7:07 AM

lack looks like goofy and donald duck had a kid, R176. it's lack's extreme case of gayface, since you're so confused, that makes people think he's gay. the boy pings to the high heavens. i find it hilarious though that a supposed gay man such as yourself just couldn't seem to figure that out.

and btw, wishful thinking would be me claiming that patrick sharp is gay.

by Anonymousreply 177July 10, 2015 7:51 AM

R177 Uh yeah I obviously get the gayface. This is why I can see why someone think's he's gay as a first impression. But if you actually know anything about him or watch his interviews and stuff he doesn't ping to me at all. He's just a slightly feminine Swedish guy with a speech impediment.

by Anonymousreply 178July 10, 2015 8:34 AM

And a gf no-one ever sees, despite him being all over social media. His mother is on his IG constantly, though so there's that. And his personal trailer and the Canucks PR guy he posts candids with, and his little foofy yorkie X lap dog, that he puts bows in the hair of, and...

by Anonymousreply 179July 11, 2015 2:54 AM

THANK YOU R179! Also, not about this per se, but Sharp is getting traded to Dallas; tough break.

by Anonymousreply 180July 11, 2015 5:13 AM

That trade looks awful. They barely even saved any cap space, which was the point of the trade in the first place.

And yeah, Lack does have a pretty serious case of gayface. He's the only dude mentioned in this thread that I've actually thought was gay. I can understand someone saying guys like Toews, Seguin, or even Crosby are wishful thinking, but some people you just look at and get that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 181July 11, 2015 6:44 AM

R179 The only thing that bothers me is that he got that gf in the minors when no one knew who the hell he was, so no need for a beard. Also, getting a beard to come with him from America is a bit too much, no?

by Anonymousreply 182July 11, 2015 9:55 PM

Hockey culture is pretty conservative. He might've felt it was needed for career advancement, then it went on the backburner when he became successful on social media by himself.

by Anonymousreply 183July 11, 2015 10:49 PM

Subban cares a lot about grooming. Like, a lot a lot. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 12, 2015 3:32 AM

while subban does seem more into taking care of himself than a few other athletes that come to mind, that is the least gay thing about him. the no girlfriend thing plus his interactions with other players and his laughable supposed celebrity crushes is quite telling. does he ever even bring anyone with him to events ?

by Anonymousreply 185July 12, 2015 6:55 AM

A hockey player who gets regular manicures AND pedicures. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 186July 12, 2015 4:26 PM

r184 that's a black thing. Black men are generally more put together than white men, too-regardless of orientation.

by Anonymousreply 187July 13, 2015 2:29 AM

stop trying to start shit R187

by Anonymousreply 188July 13, 2015 7:57 AM

How the fuck is that starting shit? Plus, it's true. Black hair requires more care and look at the difference between the NBA and NHL in how they're turned out. Not true of everyone, but enough to generalize.

by Anonymousreply 189July 13, 2015 9:40 PM

Yeah, r189 is right. I know (straight) black dudes who get edge-ups twice a week lol. In general, I think white guys are bit more nonchalant about fashion/grooming.

by Anonymousreply 190July 14, 2015 1:36 AM

ok but what exactly does that have to do with subban being gay ?

by Anonymousreply 191July 14, 2015 9:33 AM

r191 generally, most straight guys aren't as fastidious with personal grooming as gay men. Posters are pointing out that, being black, he's probably more into that than a white player would be, i.e. that's not a signifier he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 192July 14, 2015 2:09 PM

Oh come on, 3x a week at the barber, whose name he gives you? Obviously these are "happy ending" haircuts.

by Anonymousreply 193July 14, 2015 3:30 PM

I'm more bothered by the manicures and pedicures. Regardless, Subban being a peacock is as convincing evidence as we're likely to get on anyone mentioned in this thread. In case you can't tell, the subtext of that statement is that none of this is very convincing and I'm back to thinking it's some 4th liner no one cares about.

by Anonymousreply 194July 15, 2015 6:53 AM

r194 that reminds me of Rich Clune's comment about drug abuse/addiction in the league. He said there are many addicts in the league, and you can't tell by their status (and relative skill level) who they are. I feel the same way about gay/bi players.

by Anonymousreply 195July 16, 2015 2:50 AM

r194 this makes you wonder about Gally and Prust, then? I've always found Gally too twinky looking to be coincidence, but could be wishful thinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 17, 2015 2:20 AM

I guess we can rule out Jason Demers as the gay one, LOL

by Anonymousreply 197July 17, 2015 11:28 PM

lmao R197, but that has me now turning my attention onto jamie benn..

by Anonymousreply 198July 19, 2015 1:13 AM

r197 Too bad, he's hot.

Benn is an entitled, pasty-assed fuckboy. In other words, your basic NHLer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 19, 2015 2:03 AM

how exactly is benn 'entitled', R199?

by Anonymousreply 200July 21, 2015 6:26 AM

Benn is one of those guys who expects to pull women way, way hotter than he otherwise would without his status.

Unfortunately, he plays in Dallas, where no one really knows who he is. Even if they did, NHL is still the 4th sport, dude. Even Joffrey Lupul, who is gorgeous, is not pulling models.

He and Seguin are going to be competing for Sharp's leftovers this year. Allegedly, Sharp likes to troll the ice crews.

by Anonymousreply 201July 22, 2015 2:35 AM

Jamie Benn is very very average looking. Kind of pudgy and a butterface. Weird that he won't go down. It seems like being good in bed would be a requirement for someone who looks like that to get laid (by a lady) very often. I mean, he's not ugly, but...

by Anonymousreply 202July 22, 2015 2:44 AM

r202 that's a badge of honour in sports, particularly in hockey. They don't have to, because they think they can get any puck slut to at least blow them in return for hanging out with them in public, or buying them something. Usually, they are right.

Benn has let his limited status go to his head. Seguin is a trashy fuckboy, and he's a bad influence. His partner is supposedly the sweetest guy, though. I don't know how he puts up with Seguin's bullshit-not least the drunken female hookups. Maybe it's the $$.

by Anonymousreply 203July 22, 2015 2:50 AM

Weird that it's a badge of honor. I mean, wouldn't you rather be known for being good in bed? I know I would. WELP! Guess I do not comprehend the straight male mind.

I also wouldn't fuck a rando just because they played hockey though. What if they took out their false teeth while you were doing it.

by Anonymousreply 204July 22, 2015 2:53 AM

R203, his male roommate? Where on earth did you get the notion that he's the "sweetest guy"? Not at all. I have read homophobia on his twitter. He is gay as he pings to the end of time and looks exactly like David Burtka.

by Anonymousreply 205July 22, 2015 2:57 PM

r205 this looks like NPH's husband?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 22, 2015 3:36 PM

Yes. He looks like the love child of David Burtka and Mario Cantone.

Regardless, he's a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 207July 22, 2015 4:55 PM

Seguin hasn't even roomed with Freddy since 2013

by Anonymousreply 208July 23, 2015 7:40 AM

Two of the Panthers’ key players this season have been rookie Aaron Ekblad and veteran Willie Mitchell. The 19-year-old Aaron and the 37-year-old Willie share more than a locker room. They share a home. Katie Baker has written about the roommates for Grantland,

There are quite a few NHL players who are also roommates, such as these two Calgary Flames , Sean Monahan and Lance Bouma giving fans a tour of their house. It's not very hard to read between the lines of this happy domestic duo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 23, 2015 7:55 AM

Yes he has, r208. He was just on a TO radio show this week and he mentioned it. He didn't mention him by name, but the host alluded to him having a male roommate, whom Tyler then said was a good cook b/c he was Italian.

This was within the last few weeks on the Dean Blundell show in Toronto. Seguin did a phone in.

by Anonymousreply 210July 23, 2015 1:25 PM

He might have been referring to Del Zotto; he has the same hockey profile. Unless Freddy played for the same teams (which is possible).

by Anonymousreply 211July 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Freddy stays with Tyler both at Dallas and Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 212July 23, 2015 2:55 PM

Not to be a dick, but how do you know that, r212?

by Anonymousreply 213July 23, 2015 3:35 PM

Because I know it.

by Anonymousreply 214July 23, 2015 3:46 PM

That wasn't a bad question :). Ask me anything.

by Anonymousreply 215July 23, 2015 3:47 PM

R210 He was definitely referring to Del Zotto because he did another interview the same day and referred to Del Zotto by name as his roommate. If Seguin has a boyfriend it is the guy he has been known to have threesomes with around Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 216July 23, 2015 11:00 PM

Who is the guy in Toronto? Seguin has a hot body, but a little rat face. At least he's not boring!

by Anonymousreply 217July 24, 2015 5:12 AM

Freddy played in Markham, too, and was with him earlier in the summer. I thought Freddy was still with him and DZ crashed at Seguin's condo in the summer.

r217 he is an annoying, douchebag drunk though.

by Anonymousreply 218July 24, 2015 5:24 AM

Now Seguin has threesomes too? Tell me more :)

by Anonymousreply 219July 24, 2015 7:12 PM

r216, is the guy a pro? I never see Seguin without at least two people around him who are hockey players. Even when he's with Mike Stud, he's always got hockey crew around him.

by Anonymousreply 220July 25, 2015 6:45 AM

His male roommate is not Del Zotto.

by Anonymousreply 221July 25, 2015 1:11 PM

Is Tyler Seguin hot?

by Anonymousreply 222July 25, 2015 1:11 PM

R220 He plays hockey but he's not in the NHL.

by Anonymousreply 223July 25, 2015 5:49 PM

r223, are his initials JB, because that would be hot. He's also been around him more than Freddy lately. Freddy also just started a real estate co, so I wonder if they're still together.

by Anonymousreply 224July 25, 2015 8:58 PM

Freddy is the roommate, not Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 225July 25, 2015 9:05 PM

r225, Jesse is the one who just got traded to the Stars farm team and will be in the area for the season with the minor league club.

r223, plays professionally, or just plays, i.e. used to play pro?

by Anonymousreply 226July 25, 2015 9:18 PM

R224 Yes, that's him. I don't see any reason to believe that Freddy and Seguin are together, as much as I'd like to. They are rarely seen together compared to Seguin/Jesse/Del Zotto who are practically inseparable this summer. Freddy is never seen around Dallas. And if you look at Freddy's and his girlfriend's instagrams, they are constantly posting pics together, vacationing together, and with each other's families. I find it hard to doubt that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 227July 26, 2015 1:56 AM

Freddy's Instagram seems rather stagnate. Could you post his insta to refresh my memory? I recall or not being very active.

by Anonymousreply 228July 26, 2015 2:08 AM

I recall it not being very active.

by Anonymousreply 229July 26, 2015 2:09 AM

Where is his girlfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 26, 2015 2:12 AM

I doubt there will be more to follow.

by Anonymousreply 231July 26, 2015 2:16 AM

Is Tyler Seguin hot? I mean, I just can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 232July 26, 2015 2:16 AM

R230 She's not on his instagram as much as I remembered but she's in the 5th pic, and he's in pics 4, 5, and 7 on her instagram. If you go deeper on both their instagrams there's pics and videos of them on vacation together in Italy too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 26, 2015 2:22 AM

Are they even still together? Freddy pings to the end of time to me.

by Anonymousreply 234July 26, 2015 2:56 AM

r232 I think he's hot in a nasty, guilty pleasure dirty fuckboy hookup kind of way.

He can look horrible when he parties too hard, though. He gets pasty and drawn and he looks dirty in an unclean way, not in a hot way.

by Anonymousreply 235July 26, 2015 3:17 AM

Agreed, r235. Although he did look hot sucking on that popsicle in the ESPN Body Issue video.

by Anonymousreply 236July 26, 2015 3:25 AM

r234 Freddy's always had the gf around, even when it was obvious he was at least spending most of his time with Tyler. Before he launched that company, he didn't seem to do anything for a living. That's what made me wonder if they broke up, and TS paid for his RE license/education and set him up in business as a parting gesture. The timing of Blacker's trade is interesting, too.

In other news, the Pens just hired Sidney Crosby's longtime trainer. One hockey writer called it a move to make Crosby happy. I thought that was an interesting take.

by Anonymousreply 237July 26, 2015 3:27 AM

So Fred and that girl still are together?

by Anonymousreply 238July 26, 2015 3:39 AM

R38 I think they are. I mean I don't know for sure if anything changed, but they've been together for almost 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 239July 26, 2015 3:57 AM

Jesse B is pretty cute. So, are Tyler and Jesse together? I think I can see that. I always suspected it was Fred.

by Anonymousreply 240July 26, 2015 4:15 AM

R237 - I think Crosby has a gf. I remember Mark Madden made some off-handed comment about it after a radio interview with Crosby before the playoffs.

by Anonymousreply 241July 26, 2015 5:26 AM

No, it was a joke because Croaby wasn't "playing well". The only girl Crosby has ever been associated with has been Kathy and they're just friends. Kathy has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 242July 26, 2015 5:29 AM

Patrick Kane subject of police probe. What did he do now? They're hiding the police incident reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 6, 2015 1:20 PM

^ On Deadspin, there's an update saying it involves him and a woman at a bar, so it could be some type of (sexual?) assault. If that's true, so much for his "cleaned up" act.

by Anonymousreply 244August 6, 2015 4:19 PM

I thought Patrick Kane was gay?

by Anonymousreply 245August 6, 2015 4:59 PM

Why would you think he's gay? He's had (has?) a gf, he's had hookups release pics of him sleeping, and there are stories of him being a bit of a douche to women. He's pretty much the typical frat/jock type.

by Anonymousreply 246August 6, 2015 5:05 PM

Report: Patrick Kane the subject of a rape investigation (Updated)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 6, 2015 10:49 PM

I bet all the tumblr fangirls are rending their garments. It must be hard to be a fan of such a mega-douche, especially if you are also trying to crusade for social justice.

His raping asshole ways could just be a cover for his self-hate over his latency, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 248August 7, 2015 1:09 AM

by Anonymousreply 249November 28, 2015 12:43 AM

I think this is the second player. Though there are past pics of him with a chick, who is now with another NHL player (aren't puck beards the best?). There's also the fact that his father was a hockey player as well, seems to be close to him, who knows if it would be hard to come out to him too... Just my guess, since the newcomer hasn't been discussed, at the very least Max is gay friendly, nice of him to wear the shirt.

Why even try to guess the first one, he's bi, he'll never come out and hold on to the "straight lifestyle" once he gets married and the wife pops out a baby.

It's been a couple years, can we talk again about the NHL? Subban has a white gf now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 7, 2019 5:03 PM

bump for more hockey gossip

by Anonymousreply 251April 8, 2019 2:41 AM

If this tumblr post (i.e. REACHING) is anything to go by, are y'all sure Seguin has never, ever, at the very least, even in his mind, flirted with the idea of man love?

Like, we all know everyone's gonna end up marrying and breeding n stuff... but man, if those jocks are really having hot steamy homo sex on the low I'd kill to know the specifics, details, logistics! Idk I've always thought most closeted famous people are so deep in denial, so paranoid about getting caught they truly don't "act on their desires". and just fake it till they make it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 8, 2019 2:53 PM

r252, don't kill anybody.

by Anonymousreply 253April 8, 2019 2:58 PM

Okay but seriously, what's up with that Kathy chick?

Every time Crosby is mentioned on here, her name is always brought up, and people always end up saying that they're just friends and she has a boyfriend... where do these people get that from? How do we know that? Who's the "real" boyfriend?

There are various pics of Sidney and Kathy together along the years, she's been seen sitting with Sid's parents at games-- actually, there are pics of them KISSING celebrating one of the Pens championship wins, so clearly the image they want to give is not one of "good friends". He took her to the Olympics, she's been to all the Stanley Cup parades, I even remember her once celebrating her birthday with other Pens WAGs... It's normal for fans and media to assume/believe they're a couple, they don't question anything because that's what they want to see, Captain Canada has to have a gf-- that's why we never hear of him hooking up with other girls, or anything at all related to his love life, he's just very private, right?

Soo, ofc I'm not a "Crosby is str8" frau/troll/shill, the thing is, no one has ever elaborated on the "she has a bf" claim, no sources, no details, nada. It'd be nice to know more about what would be the obvious confirmation that she's a knowing beard with some freedom for herself. I mean, she's been around for like what, 8-9 years? No ring, no baby... okay, maybe Croz wants to wait until after he retires a la Jeter (Jeter fooled around a lot tho)- wait, do they even live together?? Malkin's girl sealed the deal in months!! Sid has never taken her to any awards show and I don't remember him mentioning her in interviews, no off-season vacations together? No public sightings, morning runs, grocery shopping? That's a whole new level of straight couple privacy, the fact that reporters never ask questions about it is suspicious as fuck. It's known players and agents often request (more like demand) not being asked questions about gay rumors, the gay community or gays in sports... but not being asked about your girlfriend!? It's like she just randomly pops up for some games, parades, WAGs events then fades back into obscurity afterwards. Does she live in Pittsburgh, goes back with Sid to Halifax for the off-season? If she's a beard what's she gaining from this? She didn't become a super model or anything. She doesn't get to flaunt her man's money or brag about bagging the best player in the NHL... She's the one who wants privacy? Those rabid puck bunnies and gay wishful thinkers are too much? Still her name keeps getting dragged into every Sidney Crosby discussion on the internet so... ??? Maybe she truly loves Sid and cares about him, about them, either as a genuine partner or friend/ally, and understands he only lives for hockey and just wants... to support him, be there when she has to be??? Is that it? Is mini-Sid in the works? Is Sid gonna end up pulling off a Lindros?

It's like the more you think about it, the less it makes sense, idk. Just how much is people covering for Crosby's personal life, whatever it is (gay, asexual, man of one woman, secret pussyhound...)? Or is he REALLY just a total bore, a robot with no life beyond hockey whatsoever?

by Anonymousreply 254April 27, 2019 6:17 PM

Fours year later and nothing confirmed. Seems like only gay high school and college guys are coming out, which is great but doesn’t enlarge the national narrative

by Anonymousreply 255April 27, 2019 8:01 PM

Seguin has an official gf now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 28, 2019 4:00 PM

R256 looks like she'll need a strap on

by Anonymousreply 257April 28, 2019 4:03 PM

Maybe only their family and friends need to know

by Anonymousreply 258April 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Kane's gf has to be a beard, right? Like some said above not because of him being gay, but bc having someone in the background is supposed to give a more polished image and also helps dodging questions about his personal issues (see canned answers such as: She's amazing, I've grown up, Don't ask me when but I'll eventually settle down and for that I must leave all the bad things behind, We all make mistakes, I don't wanna get in trouble anymore etc). But a mess is gonna mess up, another scandal happened, and, back to the gf, I mean, the rape charges were dropped but he STILL was partying and bringing chicks back to his condo... so much for "keeping him in line". Of course no one's expecting famous people to be functional and have perfect movie-like monogamous relationships but come on!!!! I can see Toews being smitten with his ex-whore gf, but I don't buy Kane and his girl at all. He's a dumpster fire, still the same desperate drunk picking up whatever young girl he sees available. The gf's family has money, maybe they're actually friends, she's happy being a WAG. The affection seems so forced though, but if she didn't dump him after those allegations and the subsequent shitshow then she's a keeper. Hey, a kid could be the life-changer he needs.

by Anonymousreply 259May 1, 2019 8:37 PM

First one is probably just a benchwarmer/journeyman no one cares about and I'd bet the "newcomer w/ potential" is now in the AHL or some obscure team in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 260May 4, 2019 3:18 PM

Met up with a Shark about a year before he was on the roster (late 90s) and we kind of hit it off. I was getting definite cruisy vibes from him, though nothing ever happened. He's since retired and settled back home in Canada AFAIK.

by Anonymousreply 261May 5, 2019 7:19 AM

R260 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 262May 5, 2019 8:46 AM

If one of them isn’t Mikko ‘*glass shatters* “OW MY KNEE”’, then don’t talk to me OP.

It’s still kind of a sore sub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 5, 2019 9:03 AM

R256 which one is it? The brunette? I remember in one of Cabbie’s podcasts he mentioned his type – petite brunettes, older women.

by Anonymousreply 264May 5, 2019 7:13 PM

R152 Patrick Roy IS hot. He and Olie Kolzig can call me any time!

by Anonymousreply 265May 5, 2019 7:17 PM

So let's recap possible gay/bi players: Crosby, Seguin, Toews, Subban, Price, Lack, Boeser. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 266May 5, 2019 7:28 PM

Amazed that anyone even knows a hockey player by name!

by Anonymousreply 267May 5, 2019 7:37 PM

That's stupid. I remember some quality NHL threads in here, and lots of talk about hockey players in the who's gay in sports/closeted athletes threads. Not to mention Crosby (and his ass) is basically a DL icon, there are many threads about him as well, back from 2008 when people started wondering why he was single and people said he was just too young, flashforward ten years later and we still know NOTHING about him, wtf. Safe to say this is all wishful thinking, the same names keep getting dragged up, no tea, and like always it's the good-looking or most well-known ones (who have WAGs and will never come out anyway).

by Anonymousreply 268May 5, 2019 8:31 PM

R267 are you kidding? Hockey is huge! It's not snooker or luge, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 269May 5, 2019 9:20 PM

It's not about believing they're coming out, of course they are not. It's about hoping they're at least having some male-on-male action on the side and acting on their desires instead of going the full-repressed route... then maybe there'll be the slightest, tiniest chance of finding something if they slip up (then the league will hush it up like they always do). But I agree the ones who have WAGs wouldn't be stupid enough to get caught slipping with a dude.

by Anonymousreply 270May 6, 2019 1:34 AM

r270 allegedly, JT did. It was scrubbed pretty quickly and the guy paid off, but there's a question of whether they got all the evidence from the guy. It leaked out on tumblr of all places, but to their credit they shut it down, saying it wasn't fair to out him.

Meanwhile, Subban is 'dating' Lindsey Vonn. FFS

by Anonymousreply 271May 6, 2019 3:07 AM

R271 Was that the twinkie looking dude who was kissing another dude, maybe on a bus? From like 4 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 272May 6, 2019 3:44 AM

No this is more recent. It was a hook-up gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 273May 6, 2019 5:36 AM

Recent? Got any more details about that?

Man Idk, I think one thing is naming names and writing/talking about the details, I'm okay with that, it still leaves room for speculation and plausible deniability... but releasing pics or videos, that's too much, it'd be humiliating and people would be all over it for the wrong reasons-- unless it's a known anti-gay homophobe who'd deserve to have his hypocrisy exposed, those kind of scandals wouldn't do any favours to anyone involved, nothing good would come from that, only more hate and fear. Attempting to blackmail an athlete is beyond stupid, TPTB won't let you live that down, and you will always come out as the bad guy of the story, but I guess for some the money is worth that... not surprised that kind of shit scares players away from "experimenting" more.

by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2019 6:40 AM

The only thing I can find is someone saying that Jamie McGinn has been outed. But I just don't get it - there's no proof in the screencaptures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2019 8:17 PM

Yeah, that could be anyone, fake news, next.

Subban and Lindsey Vonn are a weird match for sure.

by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2019 9:53 PM

Where can I find the Sidney Crosby threads? The search function is not helpful.

How is it that nobody knows anything about him? I'm sure people try to throw themselves at him, female and male.

by Anonymousreply 277May 7, 2019 2:07 AM

Bwhahahahaha! When did this thread start? Oh yes 2015! Dream on if you think there are gay NHL players, let alone one of these mythical creatures coming out.

But by all means, continue with your delusions if they get you through the night.

by Anonymousreply 278May 7, 2019 2:27 AM

Oh right, there are no gay NHL players

by Anonymousreply 279May 7, 2019 2:52 AM

"Dream on if you think there are gay NHL players, let alone one of these mythical creatures coming out."

It sounds like you are the one who is dreaming, if you think there are zero NHL players who are gay

by Anonymousreply 280May 7, 2019 4:52 AM

McGinns aren't known as flaming geniuses. If they're sending dick pics on Grindr, I wouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 281May 7, 2019 5:26 AM

Well this is the only active NHL thread on DL, gotta keep discussing about hockey homos somewhere, regardless of the dated initial topic.

Let's not feed the trolls.

Past Crosby threads (fucking eerie how to this day Sid's love life appears to be non-existent beyond what's mentioned in R254):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 7, 2019 6:15 AM

R278 is right. There can’t be no homersexshuls in sports. They’re athletes!

by Anonymousreply 283May 7, 2019 11:54 AM

This thread is making me miss SASWiki/Sports Argument Stadium.

That old place gave me much needed shadenfreudisch chucks in dark time of my life, and taught me all about LOLHockey.

I wish I could find the archive for the wiki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 7, 2019 1:02 PM

Sid seems asexual. It seems like hockey is literally all he cares about.

by Anonymousreply 285May 7, 2019 11:52 PM

all men are gay, especially hockey players

by Anonymousreply 286May 8, 2019 12:48 AM

You really think all hockey players are straight, even the ones who sexually harass male cops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 8, 2019 3:44 AM

Lmao I love Giroux, he's cleaned up so well, nice haircut, well-trimmed ginger beard, no teeth missing, he looks great these days. That was on Canada Day, he was just shit-faced beyond reason. I don't think he's gay or bi, wifey has him whipped and I think there's a baby on the way.

by Anonymousreply 288May 8, 2019 5:09 AM

Forever Mike Richter/Theo Fleury OTP tbh

Mike pretends he hates him but it’s just tsundere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 8, 2019 12:44 PM

"That was on Canada Day, he was just shit-faced beyond reason."

I've never met a Kinsey 0 straight guy who gropes men's asses repeatedly (not even when they're drunk or high)

by Anonymousreply 290May 8, 2019 7:51 PM

It's called self-exclusion my dears, but I suppose none of you got far enough up in your macramé leagues to understand the level of intimacy that comes through the shared experience in hockey, years of riding team busses between cities day in and day out, the peer pressure of sharing motel rooms with your teammates night after night, the scrutiny of your sex lives from your teammates, the scrutiny from the scouts, the gossip of the players wives , the grapevine of info that travels with you as you are traded from team to team, the fan chatter,... the list goes on and on.

Your delusions are a howl, however.

by Anonymousreply 291May 9, 2019 3:03 AM

r291, your delusions are a howl. Looking down on "macrame leagues" but you are a poster here just like the rest of us.....are you still trying to convince yourself that no gay guy ever played hockey?

by Anonymousreply 292May 9, 2019 3:14 AM

All this Hawkey chatter is making me want to go watch MIRACLE and bawl while taking breaks to masturbate, ya creeps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 9, 2019 1:55 PM

What is Miracle?

by Anonymousreply 294May 9, 2019 2:27 PM

::side eye at R294::

by Anonymousreply 295May 9, 2019 2:30 PM

R294 go sit in the corner and feel shame!

by Anonymousreply 296May 9, 2019 2:32 PM

Five minutes in the box for R294.

Talking of Miracle I just remembered the suicide of that Varsity kid who played OC Callahan, around two or three years ago now. Here’s a DL thread about it. Fucking horrible waste of a good hockey player and a nice-looking potentially-good actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 9, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote]are you still trying to convince yourself that no gay guy ever played hockey?

Yes, there a some gay guys that play hockey, of course. But I'd be mighty mighty surprised if any reached the NHL. However, one day maybe we'll be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 298May 9, 2019 5:59 PM

R298, are you suggesting a hockey player who is gay will not play at the level necessary to reach the NHL?

If so, you really are too naive and homophobic to continue the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 299May 9, 2019 8:08 PM

R298, do you really believe that out of the hundreds of players in the NHL and the thousands of players who have been in the NHL at any point in the past, not one is gay? If so, there is something really wrong with you. But how can you reason with someone who thinks it's normal for straight guys to repeatedly grope male cops?

by Anonymousreply 300May 9, 2019 8:34 PM

I'm the one who said G's cop ass-grabbing doesn't necessarily mean he's bi (who knows, "in vino veritas", after all-- I said it in good spirit to keep the discourse going), but that's all, I'm not the asshole "NHL players can't be gay" troll who's been commenting lately. Gotta clarify that so you don't block me. Guys, don't feed the trolls. I don't get it, If you aren't here to post about hockey players and speculate a little then why bother commenting. There's always someone in these kind of threads with the "gays don't make it that far" bs, just ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 301May 9, 2019 9:03 PM

I am convinced Nathan Mackinnon from the Avalanche is gay. I'm an Avs fan and watch every game and see his a lot of his interviews and he has gay voice, gay face, gay vibe, the works. He's also gotten very close with Sidney Crosby, spending a lot of time with him in the offseason., for all of you who think Crosby might be gay or bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 9, 2019 9:40 PM

Nathan does not seem “gay” at all. He seems like a regular guy.

by Anonymousreply 303May 9, 2019 9:45 PM

Nathan McKinnon used to date an actress from Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 304May 9, 2019 9:47 PM

I remember Nathan having an ambiguously black (could be mixed idk, very pretty) gf. Seemed to be very into her. Dunno if they're still together. So if he likes men he's bi. The gay vibe is probably just him being Canadian, to me he looks and acts just like any other dude. He's close to Crosby because they're both from Cole Harbour, maybe he has the tea on Sid's private life.

by Anonymousreply 305May 9, 2019 9:53 PM

You know who actually gives me "vibes" (that doesn't have to mean anything, I know), Tie Domi's son.

by Anonymousreply 306May 9, 2019 9:59 PM

R306 Max is hot. Any tea on him?

by Anonymousreply 307May 9, 2019 11:25 PM

R307, I heard he spilled some on himself after a particularly nasty fall.

by Anonymousreply 308May 9, 2019 11:27 PM

He seems to be a cool dude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 9, 2019 11:47 PM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 9, 2019 11:48 PM

He has those "rich daddy's boy" looks... he's short like Tie but has a nice body. He looks weird when he laughs tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311May 10, 2019 12:06 AM

R305, that's the girl from Riverdale, Vanessa Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 312May 10, 2019 12:55 AM

r306 yes. Heard rumours. I wondered if he'd ever come out because of his father, but Tie had a gay captain for years and he didn't seem bothered by it. (One of the grittiest players to ever play for the Leafs. We could use that now.)

by Anonymousreply 313May 10, 2019 6:13 AM

If Sid truly is asexual, I wonder how he blows off all the steam. Gotta be beating people up in a secret fight club or something. Can you really relax from hockey by playing more hockey and doing more training? Playing golf and fishing does the trick? Yeah he's most likely just plain boring. We'll never know. He could have a secret hidden child and a mistress somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised. I still can picture him getting married and starting a family, even if he seems to be emotionally stunted after so many years of being scrutinized by the hockey world. He also has that hockey school thing. I just hope his concussion problems don't affect his post-hockey life significantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 10, 2019 8:08 PM

He's not asexual, his partner work(ed?) for the team. I don't know if they're still together. He's gay.

I doubt Crosby would come out while playing anyway. All the other HoFers are ensconced in the closet, so he'll probably never come out voluntarily. It's a shame, really.

I'm waiting for one of the young kids to just say fuck it and come out. I don't know if he's gay, but Elias Petterson has the kind of personality that would be needed--confident, blunt but not a douchebag. He does't give a shit what the hockey world would say about him.

by Anonymousreply 315May 10, 2019 11:26 PM

If someone hot like Landeskog came out, he would get tons of endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 316May 10, 2019 11:53 PM

As someone else noted Crosby seems asexual. He’s like a child.

Has he ever spoke about his butt?

by Anonymousreply 317May 11, 2019 12:07 AM

Seguin would be hit tf up with all kinds of endorsement requests. He's the one I thought might come out as bi.

Landeskog I think is truly straight.

r317 yes he has. He was asked about it on one of those PR "get to know the players" segments. He talked about not being able to buy pants off the rack.

by Anonymousreply 318May 11, 2019 12:08 AM

Landeskog is like catnip to hordes of straight women watching with their Braus so NHL won’t want to lose him. I should know, my sister is one of those women.

by Anonymousreply 319May 11, 2019 9:12 AM

98% of straight women probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup

by Anonymousreply 320May 11, 2019 4:06 PM

R320 Who? Landeskog? Pretty boys like him and Boeser get a lot of female attention, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 321May 11, 2019 4:45 PM

98% of straight women couldn't pick either of those guys out of a lineup

by Anonymousreply 322May 11, 2019 5:11 PM

R322 You are delusional. All of my straight female friends are obsessed with those two and Nylander, Ryan O'Reilly, Klefbom, Rundbland, etc. What kind of guys do you think straight women like? Ovi?

by Anonymousreply 323May 11, 2019 5:51 PM

R323, your straight female friends are atypical. Are you?

by Anonymousreply 324May 11, 2019 5:55 PM

R323 are all your straight female friends really into hockey in general? Are you Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2019 5:59 PM

R324 Is that atypical? Have you been on tumblr? Who do straight women fantasize over in your neck of the woods?

by Anonymousreply 326May 11, 2019 5:59 PM

anyone who doesn't think Crosby is gay is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 327May 11, 2019 6:03 PM

But he seems so repressed and emotionally crippled. He's been taught/conditioned to act and present himself in a certain way most of his life, he was groomed to be the face of the NHL and Hockey Canada, that's the only life he knows. If he feels attraction towards males he probably doesn't even act on it. Then again he doesn't appear to be doing much with females either so... But if Lindros went on and married and had a child when everybody had long stopped caring about him I wouldn't be surprised if Sid ended up doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2019 7:36 PM

R326 thinks tumblr niche fandoms represent the typical female. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 329May 11, 2019 7:47 PM

Remember not to feed the trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330May 11, 2019 7:53 PM

R329 You seem to know a lot of straight females. Enlighten us who they are attracted to then.

by Anonymousreply 331May 11, 2019 8:01 PM

Old news I know but anyway. . . everyone knows Gretzky is a big homosexualist, right?

by Anonymousreply 332May 11, 2019 8:24 PM

R332 Is he?

by Anonymousreply 333May 11, 2019 8:26 PM

R332 Really?

by Anonymousreply 334May 11, 2019 8:27 PM

r333 yes. All of the "great ones" have been gay or bi--him, Lemieux, Lindros, Crosby. Jury's still out on McDavid.

r325 social media gives these guys a profile outside the game, particularly in Canada. The majority of young female hockey fans are there to ogle ass. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not discussed because it doesn't fit the "woke" narrative. There is a segment in one of the "24/7" type docs where Nylander is swarmed by young girls who want a picture with him. They are acting like he's in a boy band.

by Anonymousreply 335May 11, 2019 8:51 PM

Hockey is Ice Capades for tops

by Anonymousreply 336May 11, 2019 9:04 PM

R328, I wonder what effect the kind of insults he got also has on him, in addition to what you mentioned. I recall a lot of it being very feminizing and homphobic and if hearing that without even being out made any future coming out totally out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 337May 11, 2019 9:05 PM

r336 LOL W&W!

by Anonymousreply 338May 11, 2019 9:07 PM

Well if all the great ones are 'mos, the more reason the NHL and the teams have to keep protecting 'em all, and then the next next ones. I hope they're at least also paying for their first-class rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 339May 11, 2019 9:08 PM

Sidney was easier to decipher when he was a baby gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 11, 2019 9:11 PM

Agree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 11, 2019 9:13 PM

and when he was young and gave the interviewer an answer that he'd be happier being a hairdresser. that is not made up.

by Anonymousreply 342May 11, 2019 9:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 11, 2019 9:23 PM

whatever Sid may be there's zero doubt he's one of the hottest males that ever lived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 11, 2019 9:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 11, 2019 9:39 PM

R337 Exactly. "Cindy Crosby", "Bettman's daughter", "Malkin's lover", many photoshopped pics of him with makeup and female hair, calling him a princess, a sissy, a fag... His haters are the worst, it's sickening. If these slurs are thrown just because the retrograde "gays/chicks are weak" assumption, now imagine what they would think/say if they found out he really is into men. That's got to fuck with your head, no doubt, would be way too much.

by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2019 9:55 PM

Sid got hotter with age.

by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2019 9:59 PM

That's what I just came here to say R347 thank god, it seems like, he's going to keep his hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 11, 2019 10:06 PM

Not Sid, but everything about this pic is so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2019 10:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2019 10:09 PM

R350 I would climb him like a tree!

Sorry, but Toews has dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 351May 11, 2019 10:19 PM

Toews is sexy as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 11, 2019 10:28 PM

Is that a hickey or a bruise @ R330?

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2019 10:43 PM

R331 still can't tell the difference between a niche and the mainstream. R335 thinks more than 1% of the female population cares about hockey - ha! In America, even males barely give a shit about hockey. It's a niche.

by Anonymousreply 354May 12, 2019 2:19 AM

R354 you are not very bright, are you? Who's talking about America? I'm in Europe and all of my straight female friends from Russia, Germany and Finland are hockey fans. They always intimidate men because of how knowledgeable they are about the sport, the rules, the new draft picks, the trades. It's actually funny to watch when we are at a sports bar. Hockey is hugely popular here. No one cares about your stupid baseball. Now, THAT is a niche sport.

by Anonymousreply 355May 12, 2019 7:15 AM

OT but; no love for Erik Karlsson? That poreless skin, those dreamy starlet eyes...sigh.

He may be languishing in San Jose and probably destined for the life of R261's cruiser now, but he'll always be #65 eternal BUCHOU in my heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 12, 2019 10:18 AM

R356 poor man's Marco Scandella in terms of looks. You can keep him. Besides, that Hoffman/baby drama was weird.

by Anonymousreply 357May 12, 2019 10:52 AM

R355, this is an American site

by Anonymousreply 358May 12, 2019 6:48 PM

r358 has STATED HER BOUNDARIES!

by Anonymousreply 359May 12, 2019 6:52 PM

358 came to an American site to discuss a league where Americans are a minority. What did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 360May 12, 2019 7:11 PM

R360 came to an American run site and is surprised to find out that American posters are in the majority

by Anonymousreply 361May 12, 2019 7:35 PM

Oh my God, what the fuck is your point, anyway? Why do you keep dragging this stupid discussion, it has nothing to do with the topic in question, not really.

Also shame on the ones who keep feeding him.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 362May 12, 2019 7:44 PM

There's always a cunt who can ruin a thread. In the meantime I'll post a picture of vintage NHL gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 12, 2019 7:47 PM

[quote]OCTOBER 14, 2005. From a Readers Digest Quiz: When hockey sensation Sidney Crosby was six, he dreamed of playing in the NHL or pursuing what other career? Correct Answer: hairdresser According to Sidney’s mom, “When he was six, Sidney and I would play hairdresser. One day we were driving to practice and he said, ‘Dad, I don't know if I want to play in the NHL or be a hairdresser.’ Shocked, his dad said, ‘Well, Sid, uh, you don’t have to make any suggestions just yet.’ We didn’t play hairdresser anymore.”

by Anonymousreply 364May 12, 2019 10:04 PM

R364, lol! Did he dial the phone with a pencil, too?

by Anonymousreply 365May 12, 2019 10:09 PM

R364 that’s..kind of a tragic story, actually. Do we think Dad intimidated Mom into stopping the beauty-school games?

by Anonymousreply 366May 12, 2019 10:18 PM

"We didn't play hairdresser anymore." So dramatic, I can't.

I don't think Sid himself ever talked about the hairdresser thing. I remember he said in one of those "puck personality" videos he would have liked to be a firefighter-- but of course that's a more appropiate answer, eh? In another video, he confessed his celebrity crush was Jennifer Garner, who, actually, kinda, low-key looks like a female version of him??

by Anonymousreply 367May 12, 2019 10:19 PM

Who was that NHLer who actually gave his teammates a haircut? I remember seeing a clip on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 368May 12, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote]So dramatic, I can't.

You can’t what?

by Anonymousreply 369May 12, 2019 10:51 PM

I can't tie my skates anymore, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 370May 12, 2019 10:57 PM

Can't afford self-lacing skates? Are you poor?

by Anonymousreply 371May 12, 2019 11:09 PM

I’d like for Sid to teach me how to skate.

by Anonymousreply 372May 12, 2019 11:14 PM

19yo Sid talking about hockey players' struggle to find pants that fit their behinds. AND, answering the gf question and what's his type! No surprises here, meeting girls is pretty tough, no time for dating, work keeps him too busy, he's still young (interview was in 2007)... Reporter keeps pressing him on "girls" "girlfriend"-- He's into someone who's independent, you know the hockey scheduling, and someone's gonna have to deal with the stuff he does, when he's out in public and things like that, so it has to be a patient person, those two things. Bitch still not taking the cue, talks about people wanting to fix him up with their "daughter"-- Ofc it happens a lot, and you never know, but it's not something he tries to do a lot. It's all in the first 5 minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 13, 2019 4:25 AM

The NHL, on the inside, has actually been super gay friendly. Steve Yzerman used to cruise gay dot com in the early 00s if he was in a city overnight before a game. He talked openly with his hookups how there were quite a few players who were gay/bi in the league. In 2001 I was in a straight strip club with some very notable NHL players (one was a hall of fame swede who got so drunk you couldn't understand him, but his eyes were pretty) and they all laughed when my friend, the stripper, told them I was gay. They talked about guys they could hook me up with on their team, and actually gave me phone numbers. The sober, married one, told me they were serious but I was too young and shy to do anything about it.

I can also say it pays to have friends who work in high end strip clubs. I met quite a few semi-famous people back then just by her talking people into letting me and my friends crash their VIP parties.

by Anonymousreply 374May 13, 2019 4:48 AM

Omg Yzerman is gay? I thought he was the hottest piece of ass in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 375May 13, 2019 4:50 AM

🙏 I want a hot hockey player

by Anonymousreply 376May 13, 2019 5:08 AM

I hope that if there are gay/bi players in the NHL, they have the support of their teammates.

by Anonymousreply 377May 13, 2019 12:51 PM

r374 Foppa? Oh god, that's really too bad you didn't take advantage--Yzerman & Shanahan were so fucking hot back in the day. So was Probert. Shanny got away with so much shit because of it.

r377 most of them do. There are some Jesus freaks who don't like it, but they are smart enough not to be dicks about it. Rednecks like Duncan Keith, too, have been supportive.

by Anonymousreply 378May 13, 2019 7:24 PM

Brendan Gallagher is so fucking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379May 13, 2019 11:04 PM

R379, what does his ass look like?

by Anonymousreply 380May 14, 2019 12:04 AM

It's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 381May 14, 2019 12:07 AM

Brendan. Sigh. Perfect nipples and it looks like he keeps a very clean hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 14, 2019 12:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 14, 2019 12:16 AM

Is R382 Ann E. Lingus, M.D.?

by Anonymousreply 384May 14, 2019 12:22 AM

look at those hockey jambes

by Anonymousreply 385May 14, 2019 12:42 AM

Jambes?

by Anonymousreply 386May 14, 2019 12:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 14, 2019 1:09 AM

Who is that at R387?

by Anonymousreply 388May 14, 2019 1:15 AM

Brendan Gallagher

by Anonymousreply 389May 14, 2019 1:17 AM

Thanks, R389.

by Anonymousreply 390May 14, 2019 1:21 AM

The guy at R387 looks nothing like Brendan Gallagher at R382 and R379.

by Anonymousreply 391May 14, 2019 1:23 AM

I still don't get why Seguin once felt the need to screenshot the messages a gay fan sent him and then go post them on twitter,, like ???? Why ?? He deleted it quickly. Was he expecting his followers to react to it or something ? His tweet (“Idk what to say”) doesn't seem straight-up homophobic or mocking, doesn't say a thing really, but we all can imagine what many people would have commented. Was it some "Look, even dudes want me!" "He thinks I'm too nice to be str8!!" thing, waiting for the fans to reply "lol he thinks ur gay, no way tyler, ur the straightest man in hockey, pussy hound all man tyler"...?? Was he just putting on blast that grammar? I think it was a weird thing to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 14, 2019 3:06 AM

^^Paul is adorably considerate for a stalker ain’t he? ‘I can assure u im not a jerk and would respect ur privacy and think of u first at all times not myself’ 😆😂 I can’t even bring myself to “oh, dear” him really .

And the ’i dont even like hockey’ aside has me dying. Was he trying not to seem like a creepy fanboy disclaiming that?

by Anonymousreply 393May 14, 2019 12:43 PM

For all the Crosby talk in here, I had thought at least he wasn't bearding and was gonna give him some credit, but that Kathy girl is still around and has been for a decade. I don't know what reasons the dude has for not showing her off or for media not to ask him about it but he's always been super odd anyways, in every aspect of his life. She's not a conspiracy theory, it's not hard to find things about them. Real or fake, she clearly ain't showing up next to him as "just a friend". Here's a pic of them having dinner with Malkin's family, from a month ago, posted by Mrs. Malkin. Y'all bitches had me believing. No asexual bs and he won't even end up like Lindros randomly starting a family at 40, he could go for it anytime now, but I guess the "married to hockey" thing works better, it's what PR's been selling since he got into the league. If he has a chick with him then I have no sympathy for his emotionally constipated self or whatever, he knows what he's doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Didn't someone say that that Kathy girl had a boyfriend?

In any case, I don't believe Crosby will ever come out, beard or no beard.

by Anonymousreply 395May 15, 2019 7:51 PM

Which hockey player was it who married Hilary Duff? WHET that marriage?

She's had some killer pop bangers that would sound great as NHL promo themes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396May 15, 2019 10:38 PM

As beautiful as he is, if were honest, there's something off about Sidney. He almost comes off as mildly retarded.

by Anonymousreply 397May 15, 2019 11:10 PM

Very much so, R397. Simple minded and child like.

by Anonymousreply 398May 15, 2019 11:24 PM

It's all right though. I'm smart enough for both of us. Sometimes he's almost aspie looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399May 15, 2019 11:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400May 15, 2019 11:29 PM

r396 Mike Comrie. They divorced in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 401May 16, 2019 6:10 AM

So this thread is years old and we still don’t know who the 2 NHL players in the OP are?

by Anonymousreply 402May 16, 2019 12:55 PM

R402 at this point, it's more likely that Aaron Rodgers will come out and marry a dude.

by Anonymousreply 403May 16, 2019 2:59 PM

Even a queenie figure skater like Evan Lysacek won't come out......you can better believe a hockey player won't either

by Anonymousreply 404May 16, 2019 4:26 PM

Bitch, who you callin a queen? I am a heterothexual thraight man. I’m more mathculine than even Johnny Weir! I’m even getting married!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405May 16, 2019 7:27 PM

R402, See R260

That's if it's even true in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 406May 17, 2019 2:36 AM

R373 Reminds me of this 2010 Jonny interview:

[quote]Sometimes while holed away in his condo, Toews would play table tennis or strum his Gibson guitar, practicing “the soft country tunes that the girls like.” He is single, having dated his last girlfriend while in college three years ago. “I just want to find the right person and commit myself to a relationship,” he says.

[quote]The perfect girl? “Now we’re getting personal, eh?” he laughs. “Someone cool and down to earth and maybe somewhat the opposite of me. Less goal-oriented, and spontaneous and free with how they plan their life. Or don’t plan, so to speak.”

by Anonymousreply 407May 18, 2019 3:37 PM

Toews is a psychopath with a pack of pitbulls.

by Anonymousreply 408May 18, 2019 3:46 PM

You think he's trying to tell us something with his choices for his "favorite songs" playlist? I'm talking about the lyrics. Some of these are low-key depressing, but it's mostly Indie so it should kinda be expected. I decided to listen to it casually then started paying more attention and I was like, okayyy, they can't all be a coincidence... Not bad taste though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409May 18, 2019 5:06 PM

R406, like I said....

by Anonymousreply 410May 18, 2019 6:47 PM

Had he made NHL and had he been a real person, Minnesota Ducks' #99 Adam 'Banksy' Banks totally would have been one.

He was in love with Charlie Conway, change my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 19, 2019 10:03 PM

r410 not necessarily. These blinds start to percolate online when a player does something reckless or worse like McGinn or Toews getting caught hooking up on Grindr or Dubinsky losing it on a sex worker--all allegedly of course.

TPTB in and around the league have their fixers dealing with it, so it usually peters out on its own. There are a lot of former players in management now, so they know exactly what's going on based on their own experiences, even if a player isn't honest with them.

by Anonymousreply 412May 20, 2019 4:44 AM

What's the tea on Dubinsky? With a hooker?

by Anonymousreply 413May 20, 2019 9:20 AM

R411 must not quack at Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 414May 20, 2019 9:46 AM

[quote]like McGinn or Toews getting caught hooking up on Grindr

Whoa! Details please, I missed this tidbit!

by Anonymousreply 415May 20, 2019 12:48 PM

(Allegedly, of course)

by Anonymousreply 416May 20, 2019 12:50 PM

Do tell!

by Anonymousreply 417May 20, 2019 1:15 PM

Allegedly, of course....Dubinsky was partying in Vegas and he got pink eye from a hooker. He confronted her over it, and got loud and maybe put hands on her. In one account I heard, the police were called, but didn't file a report. The other was that the hotel security handled it and it was kept quiet nevertheless.

The press were on it, but as usual didn't want to risk access. One of the team reporters had enough of a story that he could've run with it, but he parlayed it into "insider" access with the team, and an interview with Tortorella. [If he was smart enough, he might've gotten a shift report, plus the dispatch records.]

by Anonymousreply 418May 20, 2019 10:07 PM

For reference here are the top 10 most enduring & popular gay 'ship' pairings in mens' hockey according to Archive Of Our Own, ranked from the all-time most popular at #1 downward (nb. #1 is about 10 times as popular as #10):

1. Sidney Crosby/Evgeni Malkin 2. Patrick Kane/Jonathan Toews 3. Jamie Benn/Tyler Seguin 4. Mitch Marner/Auston Matthews 5. Nicklas Backstrom/Alexander Ovechkin 6 . Danny Briere/Claude Giroux 7. Connor McDavid/Dylan Strome 8. Alex Galchenyuk/Brendan Gallagher 9. Jordan Eberle/Taylor Hall 10. Jeff Carter/Mike Richards

by Anonymousreply 419May 20, 2019 10:23 PM

R418 wow, never heard that story before

by Anonymousreply 420May 20, 2019 10:31 PM

You forgot Sid and Mario.

by Anonymousreply 421May 20, 2019 10:47 PM

If the hooker was a “she,” I just lost interest in the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 422May 20, 2019 11:01 PM

r422 if you'd ever seen Dubinsky, you would've lost interest before that--epitome of douchebro.

r421 that was more than a ship.

by Anonymousreply 423May 21, 2019 2:43 AM

douchebro. looks like he may be packing though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 21, 2019 10:52 PM

Mario diddled Sidney? Oh come on!!! Please don't put that image in my mind, so wrong, it's almost got an incestuous feel to it-- It was already bad that it was the owner of the team and the star of the team living together, for years, like how come no one in the NHL said anything about that!?

No wonder Sid is so socially screwed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425May 24, 2019 6:44 PM

If you want to puke you should look up Eric Lindros' long term BF that he started living with in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 426May 25, 2019 1:49 AM

A name or link would be helpful, R426.

by Anonymousreply 427May 25, 2019 2:11 AM

I can't remember his name and it's been so long. It was his business manager. He was about 25 years older, fat, and balding. They lived together in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 428May 25, 2019 2:13 AM

r424 that's an old pic, when he was young. He hasn't aged well.

r428 that was his agent, again allegedly of course. Top pic on the left (sorry, I'm on my decade old computer, can't link a single pic) He's not that bad!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429May 25, 2019 4:26 AM

Mario always was a creeper.

by Anonymousreply 430May 25, 2019 4:36 AM

Not bad for a daddy

by Anonymousreply 431May 25, 2019 4:49 AM

r425 that arrangement is not uncommon in the league, so a lot of the allegedly sketchy stuff goes under the radar. There is another superstar who lived with his coach when he was a teenager. This caused a lot of tongue-wagging, but it never boiled over because the kid seemed to be well-adjusted. (He's now a respected team captain.)

Back in the day, front offices were a lot more accepting of the Lindros type relationship. They'd keep an eye on it, but they didn't automatically react because it was an age gap and/or late teen underage.

by Anonymousreply 432May 25, 2019 4:55 AM

R432 which superstar lived with his coach? Toews?

by Anonymousreply 433May 25, 2019 9:38 PM

Two NHL players married their much older billet moms. Talk about weird.

by Anonymousreply 434May 25, 2019 10:13 PM

My concern about that is, how consensual those kind of "arrangements" are? Allegedly. Like, if they cross the line... Who's chasing who? Grooming is so creepy. How do these "relationships" develop? It's not like fooling around in juniors or with a close friend or with a stranger. I know guys have their needs and don't overthink things and no one has to talk about it but Idk, isn't anyone taking advantage? Are they really on equal footing? I really wonder about Sid and Mario's relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435May 25, 2019 11:46 PM

r435 the problem is not the relationships per se. It's the issue of allowing them but not dealing with the really shady shit that does happen in order to prevent any info getting out on all the other people who are either in the closet or were in large age gap or even late underage, but consensual situations. (FWIW, I always wondered about Sid, too.)

Allegedly, of course...One guy decades ago used to bring his teenaged gfs to the rink. Seriously-they'd be doing their math homework in the basement while he was practicing. He allegedly even met the girls' parents who had no problem with it. No joke. TPTB kept an eye on it, and everyone was OK. The guy who lived with his coach, who had a GM mentioned upthread, is now married (to a woman) like Lindros et al. did. For every one of him, there is a Mike Danton or Sheldon Keefe situation that the leagues never dealt with properly.

by Anonymousreply 436May 26, 2019 3:22 PM

Rasmus Ristolainen has the best name in the NHL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 26, 2019 11:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438May 26, 2019 11:58 PM

r438 Trevor van Riemsdyk. Brother James is also decent when he's thin.

r437 Finns have the best names--I like Pekka Rinne (last name pronounced REE nay)

by Anonymousreply 439May 27, 2019 12:08 AM

Michael del Zotto is so fucking tasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440May 27, 2019 12:15 AM

R440, he looks like a less pretty version of Sidney Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 441May 27, 2019 12:22 AM

but his abs are legendary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442May 27, 2019 12:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 27, 2019 12:27 AM

r442 is that a young, inkless Seguin checking him out? He's not bad in the abs department, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 27, 2019 12:29 AM

One last Michael. Too bad he likes fish but I appreciate the fact that he never met a camera he didn't like and there's so many pictures of him out there. A lot of times it's hard to find good pictures of NHL players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 27, 2019 12:32 AM

live action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446May 27, 2019 12:34 AM

Still waiting for that big 'coming out' of these two players.

by Anonymousreply 447May 27, 2019 12:35 AM

no top tier NHL player is ever going to come out.

by Anonymousreply 448May 27, 2019 12:51 AM

Perhaps they’re not talking because their mouth is full

by Anonymousreply 449May 27, 2019 1:26 AM

Years ago someone on DL claimed Mike Milbury liked to "mentor" younger players

by Anonymousreply 450May 27, 2019 2:59 AM

r450 Yes, I remember that post well. Allegedly, of course, he liked to swim in the rookie talent pool. Also allegedly, he had monster cock.

by Anonymousreply 451May 27, 2019 3:12 AM

One of the better looking Russians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 27, 2019 11:23 PM

Where r452?

by Anonymousreply 453May 27, 2019 11:42 PM

At the link in Russian, Evgeni Kuznetsov.

by Anonymousreply 454May 27, 2019 11:44 PM

No, no, no, you promised us a better looking Russian. That dude ain’t it.

by Anonymousreply 455May 28, 2019 12:02 AM

R447 Yeah, this thread started four years ago and not one NHL player has come out. That article was a total bust.

by Anonymousreply 456May 28, 2019 12:09 AM

LOL I've been bored and posting on DL all weekend. I didn't even look at the start date. Oh well. Just to reiterate. Mario is a crepper.

by Anonymousreply 457May 28, 2019 1:20 AM

You prefer Ovechkin, whom you can smell through the screen? Kucherov is balding and fit fat. Panarin looks good when he's not partying.

r456 that's because TPTB managed to squelch the snap vid or whatever it was that was compromising for them. JT got very lucky.

On another note, if that beantown ratfuck gets another fucking cup ring I'm going to puke.

by Anonymousreply 458May 28, 2019 4:53 AM

You and me both, R458, but after all the shocking eliminations in the first round (Tampa Bay, Vegas, Washington, Calgary) and when it got down to 4, it became clear that Rat Face's team is going to cruise to victory. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 459May 28, 2019 5:10 AM

r459 and it's the fourth line that's doing it. The Blues have to start strategically hitting. Hard.

It validates CBJ a bit more if they do win, although they should've beaten them.

by Anonymousreply 460May 28, 2019 5:13 AM

Fuck the Bruins and fuck that rat Marchand, these playoffs have been ridiculous, so disappointed in many teams and the thing about surprise wins and upsets is that you know they rarely make it all the way anyway smh The Bruins know they have this in the bag, it's theirs to lose, I'm retching already. Can't trust the goddamn Leafs with nothing! And the whole sweeping saga is just ultimately embarrassing for the Pens, it all started with them lol (fuck them too for all I care)

And now that we're talking Boston, is Adam Oates married? Any children? What's been of him? He's the only hockey 'mo I know about.

by Anonymousreply 461May 30, 2019 7:18 AM

Da Leafs

by Anonymousreply 462May 30, 2019 12:36 PM

r461 the only hockey mo, and you're an old time fan? Shame on you!

He certainly wasn't the only one in Beantown.

by Anonymousreply 463May 31, 2019 6:11 AM

I feel sorry for the Sherpas. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't takes people up the mountain. It is the only way many of them can make a living and their families are fucked if they die because no more income coming in.

by Anonymousreply 464May 31, 2019 1:00 PM

In which are the Sherpas, R464?

by Anonymousreply 465May 31, 2019 1:09 PM

Mario is drunk posting again.

by Anonymousreply 466June 1, 2019 1:08 AM

Well, another week goes by since I last checked in and no NHL players professing their mano-a-mano love for all to hear.

by Anonymousreply 467June 1, 2019 1:25 AM

"I feel sorry for the Sherpas. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't takes people up the mountain. It is the only way many of them can make a living and their families are fucked if they die because no more income coming in."

The Sherpas - are they a minor league team?

by Anonymousreply 468June 1, 2019 2:14 AM

R467 how do you explain that basketball, baseball, rugby, football and American football all have gay players and hockey has none? Is it vastly more homophobic? Just because it has a bunch of Russians, doesn't mean it can't have closeted players. If you are talented, any team will scoop you up, gay or not. See Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 469June 1, 2019 11:15 AM

r469, you din't mean out players, do you? Because they certainly don't have them.

by Anonymousreply 470June 1, 2019 8:35 PM

R470 The poster @ R467 mentioned self-exclusion. Just because hockey doesn't have out gay players, doesn't mean there are no CLOSETED players. Every butch masculine sport out there has at least 1 OUT gay player and countless more in the closet. I don't believe that hockey doesn't have ANY gay players. It's not more homophobic than football or rugby. So self-exclusion doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 471June 1, 2019 9:37 PM

"The overriding threat of becoming a distraction is the main barrier keeping professional hockey players from identifying publicly as gay, even though such an admission would likely accelerate a more tolerant hockey culture, according to new research out of the University of Alberta."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 1, 2019 10:46 PM

r472 that is coded language for "I don't want to be cut from the team because I'm already a 4th liner". NOT that it's right, but as someone who has followed hockey for decades, that is really what it means. It doesn't really apply to the elite-level players (or even anyone who is in the show for any length of time).

As the poster at r374 said, internally the NHL is very gay friendly. A lot of it is agents, managers & other hangers-on who are worried about their money stopping because they think the players will lose endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 473June 1, 2019 11:08 PM

R473, it's probably even harder with elite level players, because there is so much pressure on them to "present a certain image"

I know of at least one big time player in a sport other than hockey....he knows that so many people look up to him, he doesn't want to mess up that image

by Anonymousreply 474June 2, 2019 3:04 AM

RE: Crosby. Derek Jeter didn't marry or had children until after he retired. Maybe Crosby wants to do the same. Sid is extremely supersticious and loves his routines, he likes to focus in his hockey; why planning on settling down if he knows he wouldn't have as much time as he'd probably like to dedicate to his relationship/kids? He looks like he'd be a great family man. He already has a longterm gf, he'll go for it when he's ready, you know, finally present her to society after more than a decade of having her in the background, girl is a keeper if she's put up with that for this long. She knows it'll be worth it when she finally gets to be Mrs. Crosby and gets to pop out Sidney Jr. and gets to attend all the post-retirement ceremonies in his honor after being snubbed of appearing in awards shows and public stuff all these years... I'm sure his net worth will always be appealing and at least Sid doesn't have any kind of scandals on his name. For a WAG she's had it easy. I don't think him keeping his life private is that weird.

by Anonymousreply 475June 8, 2019 5:04 AM

HI MR. CROSBY!

by Anonymousreply 476June 8, 2019 1:29 PM

I don't care about Sid's sexuality, but it's crazy how much Crosby's fangirls/fanboys love explaining, giving excuses, justifying, rationalizing... every single thing he does, doesn't do, wants to do, doesn't want to do, says, doesn't say-- every freakish aspect about him- like they all think they're the ones who have him figured out— while he's been the same PR-made hockey robot from day 1... The way some people vehemently defend that weirdass relationship in his place, when Sidney himself has NEVER spared a word for that girl, bruhh how's that not weird!? I'm not saying they can't be a "real" couple, I'm saying at the very very least he has some serious issues if he hasn't acknowledged her publicly in a decade yet she has certainly been around making scattered appearances with him (where they don't even look like a couple)-- and we're expected to believe they're happy and in love and by the time he finally decides to bring her up we'll understand it was just him "keeping his life private". PLEASE! It'd be more believable if he dumps her (or if she actually happened to be just a friend) and finds himself someone new to wife up and have the babies to push that "great family man" image after retirement.

by Anonymousreply 477June 8, 2019 3:17 PM

The chemistry they have together is off the chars. The sparks just leap off the screen. You just know he's beating that pussy up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 8, 2019 3:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 8, 2019 3:23 PM

r357 that Hoffmann/Karlsson situation was beyond bullshit. I really felt for Hoffman because he had nothing to do with that, and his gf allegedly wasn't the full issue, either.

I know SJ takes a lot of "project" players, but I would never have touched him with a ten foot pole on injury history alone, let alone the off ice stuff.

by Anonymousreply 480June 9, 2019 8:48 AM

*bump* for Ryan O'Reilly's Conn Smythe trophy winning hot ass

Good for him and Chief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481June 13, 2019 6:15 AM

R461, R463, Cam Neely also fits the bill.

R313 Sundin? The thing about that is, who knows if Tie even knew about it (but for what it's worth he truly seems to have a good relationship with Max), like, for instance, if Jonny is actually into men and has actually had some down-low action, I doubt other Hawks players would know that about his captain —even if management knows everything—, teammates love pushing one another to hook up with girls, talk about their WAGs, go to titty bars and all that stuff, if you're closeted and especially a big presence in the locker room you have to go with the flow and keep the boys happy and unsuspecting, can't mess up with the banter. Which also makes me wonder about Croz, but that's another territory. Seeing the unsettling secrecy surrounding his love life, I actually believe everyone around him just let him be (at the end of the day you still have him, bringing that... girlfriend? with him, for example, to have dinner with Geno's family, so you know he's not that detached)... I could believe a benchwarmer being glass-closeted to the team and nobody talking about it because honestly nobody cares about him, but a high-profile player? No way. Hockey is for everyone- as long as you act like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 482June 13, 2019 11:02 PM

Keep dreaming boys!

by Anonymousreply 483June 13, 2019 11:52 PM

r482 Sundin may be many things, but "gritty" is not one.

by Anonymousreply 484June 14, 2019 12:08 AM

I wonder how gay/bi players find out that another player might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 485June 16, 2019 3:19 AM

^ Gaydar, and following gossip/rumors

by Anonymousreply 486June 16, 2019 3:21 AM

R486 I wonder if the closeted players hook up with each other, even if they play for a rival team. Might be safer than hoping that a random bar hookup is discreet.

by Anonymousreply 487June 16, 2019 3:54 AM

I bet they do

by Anonymousreply 488June 16, 2019 4:32 PM

I think hooking up with a rival would be even safer than doing it with a teammate. As long as you know it's just fooling around and don't get too invested in the friendship it's not like you're gonna feel bad for the other player's team losing games or him sucking at hockey or not seeing him often... But with a teammate you'd need to make sure not to screw up the chemistry and making things awkward off-ice, as you'll have him around all the time, you fucking up fucks the team up and fucks your teammate up... In the end it's easier to just take the living in denial/repressed route and just get dogs and babies and fake it 'til you make it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 16, 2019 5:16 PM

I wonder if some actually pay for (or have their agents/management get them) high-end rent boys or something, safer than picking up but not as casual... Maybe people fix them up with trusted/close friends... Maybe they date in Europe...

by Anonymousreply 490June 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Regarding closeted athletes hooking up with each other - a few years back a bunch of guys who played for the Houston Oilers in the 90s (including Warren Moon) said they believed two of their teammates were hooking up with each other!

by Anonymousreply 491June 16, 2019 5:35 PM

r491 didn't one of those guys die tragically-suicide or car accident? My hazy eldergay mind vaguely remembers it that way.

r490 that's what Vegas is for! Seriously, a lot of the high-level clubs, casinos, etc. have VIP services. They are 'above board' but also below sometimes. Tiger Woods' mistress Rachel Uchitel was allegedly above and below-she arranged for 'dates'. Teams who party there rent out floors & entire VIP areas and the security is tight. They know the gay teammates and don't care, so if they want to invite hook-ups it's fine.

Some of the really high end parties have screened guests, and even NDAs for civilians (Jeter was famous for this). That gets people in the door, and the gay athlete's entourage/manager will take over from there. IIRC, we had a guy here who worked these parties as an escort. Maybe if he's still here he'll explain the process.

by Anonymousreply 492June 17, 2019 1:23 AM

"didn't one of those guys die tragically-suicide or car accident? My hazy eldergay mind vaguely remembers it that way."

They didn't say who the teammates were. There was a player on the Oilers named Jeff Alm, who killed himself after accidentally killing his friend (or perhaps "friend") in a car crash. I'm not sure if he was one of the players they were referring to, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493June 17, 2019 2:23 AM

Now that hockey season is over, anything good on player's Instagrams?

by Anonymousreply 494June 20, 2019 3:35 PM

r494 there's always something good on social media. Alex Galchenyuk just posted his workout videos.

by Anonymousreply 495June 20, 2019 4:56 PM

Is PK still bearding with whatshername? His workout videos used to be epic.

by Anonymousreply 496June 20, 2019 10:05 PM

Yes, R496. And I agree - such a loss. Unrelated but I really thought that Seguin would've come out (or, more realistically) been outed as bisexual by now...

by Anonymousreply 497June 22, 2019 2:05 AM

The rule of thumb was that celebrity closet cases have sex with guys who have even more to lose than the celebrity himself (job, career, social status, etc.). NDAs are not enforceable legally but they can keep the one who had to sign it on his or her toes to reveal something he or she isn't supposed to (out of fear of losing the job or access to celebrity clients, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 498June 22, 2019 2:35 AM

What do you guys think of Crosby’s body?

by Anonymousreply 499June 22, 2019 2:38 AM

[quote] I wonder if some actually pay for (or have their agents/management get them) high-end rent boys or something, safer than picking up but not as casual... Maybe people fix them up with trusted/close friends... Maybe they date in Europe...

Remember the old trope of the Gay / Velvet Mafia passing around hot boys? It's like that only with closet cases having their own social network and they share numbers of escorts and models who can be trusted to be discreet.

by Anonymousreply 500June 22, 2019 2:43 AM

hjihiuhk

by Anonymousreply 501June 29, 2019 2:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502July 7, 2019 7:40 PM

^ Wow, that's interesting

by Anonymousreply 503July 7, 2019 7:55 PM

4 years later and still nothing. I'm shocked (LOL!) Not the fact that there are gays in the NHL, there are gays in every major sports league, it's a numbers thing. However, that anyone would come out? Nah, will never happen. Nobody will come out in soccer, basketball, baseball or hockey. It just won't happen. We'll have to wait decades for any development.

by Anonymousreply 504July 7, 2019 8:26 PM

Hmmmm....they're sharing an apartment in New York even though their team isn't anywhere near NYC?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 505July 7, 2019 8:36 PM

-R502 Um NO..

"Yeah were out to friends and family but we are also mean girls. bet ya didn't know that bout us"!

by Anonymousreply 506July 7, 2019 8:44 PM

Who is the unnamed "male roommate"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507July 8, 2019 3:07 AM

I wonder if the guy they beat up was a trick?

by Anonymousreply 508July 8, 2019 3:16 AM

R204. Yes they will. However it won't start with the encouragement of post-retirement players (because easily, they already got their money and kept quiet, so they're bad role models), nor current players, but with a growing attitude of younger recruited players with a plan to get signed up, come out, let the media circus roar, and make it hard to (clearly) fire the player after they're already signed, and let the chips fall where they may, and make sure they have a backup plan for life.

Gen Z will be savvier than we think and it will scare team owners. The issue by now isn't as often fellow teammates, and sometimes it isn't even the general population's reaction (though it still is to an extent) - its the owners used to certain modes.

by Anonymousreply 509July 8, 2019 7:29 AM

From r507:

“It wasn’t over a bill,” said the man outside the family’s Massapequa home, refusing to give his name but identifying himself as Milano’s dad. “The guy was getting rowdy in their apartment.

“They asked him to leave and he wouldn’t. That’s it,” he said, adding that his son “is a good kid.”

by Anonymousreply 510July 8, 2019 5:03 PM

Threesome gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 511July 8, 2019 5:05 PM

^ I was reminded of the Joey Comunale saga

by Anonymousreply 512July 9, 2019 3:06 AM

by Anonymousreply 513July 9, 2019 3:43 PM

Why do they need "roommates" with this much money:

Both players are currently restricted free agents awaiting new contracts, but Milano made $832,500 last season, while Greer earned $750,000, according to the sports-contract site Capology.com.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 9, 2019 3:47 PM

by Anonymousreply 515July 10, 2019 3:16 AM

These guys are sad

by Anonymousreply 516July 10, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote]^ I was reminded of the Joey Comunale saga

Minus the cigarettes and crack

by Anonymousreply 517July 10, 2019 4:13 PM

OMG this video!!! Young Sid is SO adorable, giggling (that laugh!), messing his hotel room up wrestling with his roomie, complimenting his underwear... You think Jack Johnson tapped that? I mean there has to be a reason the Penguins haven't traded him...yet, he isn't exactly living up to his contract. Gotta be either blackmail or they're keeping him to keep Sid happy. They also went to high school together... but Sid should know better than hooking friends up with jobs, it ain't helping the team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518July 12, 2019 9:22 PM

That's the most personality I've ever seen from Sid. Where did it go?!

by Anonymousreply 519July 13, 2019 1:28 AM

I found this comment on the 'Is staying in the closet to have a career ethical?' thread:

"From a sports perspective. I know an NHL player. He's not only closeted but he has a fake gf. He even says shit like "I'll just fake it till I make it" because at the end of the day he wants to "settle down, get married and have kids", he knows he's gonna stay with her, and she's okay with everything because she enjoys the lifestyle. While in the NBA, NFL, players are more independent from the team, teammates, have their own posse and many are single or leave their WAGs at home or have scandals, NHL teams have "WAGs associations", stuff like WAGs doing charity work, watching games/travelling together, 'playoff jackets', weddings and babies every off-season... There's a lot of pressure to fit in, find your girl, be like everyone else... hockey players have zero sense of individuality and they are encouraged to basically have no desire to stand out or have a personality because "you play for the crest on your chest, not the name on your back", it's a fucking cult. Keeping appearances is everything, you can have fun on the side, cheat, suck dick, drug, pop pills-- it's like hiding broken bones and concussions, they protect themselves then their teams protect them then hockey media protects them- turn a blind eye and we're ready to go. The NHL has this "Hockey is for everyone" campaign where they have to BEG/drag players to participate on because most of them HATE it and want nothing to do with it but it's really just a couple 30-second videos, a PR-redacted two or three-line statement for the press, rainbow tape on their sticks for warmups once a year then they're done with it, through gritted teeth and all. While some genuinely don't want to touch LGBT issues with a ten foot pole, I think most realize that campaign is a fucking joke, who if not them know hockey is NOT for everyone. So, of course even closeted players have to come out and say "the league would accept a gay player", and people would say it's okay- even if they're in the closet with fake gfs, at least they're showing some sort of support, but that's fucked up, a repressed coward saying "we'd be okay with a gay teammate" is laughable, you or your team or the league are clearly not okay with a gay player because you are a gay player and you are saying shit like that while knowing full-well you are never coming out-- "we'd be okay with a gay player because there's never gonna be a gay player". While other leagues have had players coming out - even if they were bums or they played ages ago, they have them - the NHL has ZERO, no one wants to be the first at this point, you have hockey culture, clearly there has to be something bigger, again, the crest on your chest- "can't distract the team", it's a fucking cult, yet having cheaters, wife-beaters, alleged rapists, druggies... is fair game, also you just can't mess with the chemistry and the homoerotic banter by being literally gay, let's keep going to titty bars and spitroasting puck bunnies... Then another thing, even if people say "it's 2019, who cares" you all know full-well everybody would jump on that story, even if it's a benchwarmer or a jouneyman nobody cared about before that, and like it or not, athletes want people to focus on their game, that one is a valid point, the thing is no one seems to have the balls to come forward and say something like "I don't owe 'straightness' to narrow-minded people and I don't owe being a 'LGBT activist' to queer people. I play sports, I like dudes, in that order. Judge me as a 'role model' by the things I do on the ice, it's you who have to educate your own children, and you can perfectly be an activist without having to force someone else to be, geez can't a man put pucks in a net then go home and suck a dick without people having to feel entitled to tell you what to do with your personal life..."

by Anonymousreply 520August 2, 2019 10:16 PM

How ironic.

by Anonymousreply 522August 4, 2019 4:30 PM

Happy birthday, Sidney!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523August 7, 2019 12:35 PM

Does anyone actually know what the deal with Sid and the Kathy Leutner chick is? You'd think that if they were actually legit they would have started settling down now- he's 32 and I presume she's the same age and they're not even engaged yet. It's clear that Sid loves kids from all hockey school stuff he does, and her biological clock is ticking.... Definitely makes me think she's just a beard.

by Anonymousreply 524August 31, 2019 1:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!