Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We've come a long way baby.Vintage anti-gay pamphlet "Homosexuality and Citizenship in Florida", pics and hilarious glossary

My favorite glossary entry?

This year's trade is next year's competition - a phrase used by homosexuals to indicate that a person who participates in the passive role will eventually go over to the active state.

or

fire-water complex - this condition is often found as part of the symptom complex occurring in seexually psychopathic incendiarists. After lighting a fire there is a period of exhibitionism followed by a desire to urinate.

Post any terms you think missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 4:22 AM

They had to search long and hard to find all those terms.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2015 1:58 PM

Although many claim sexuality can't be changed, I swear that anti-gay pamphlet could make people gayer (that blonde!)

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2015 2:05 PM

At least they picked some hot guys for the brochures!

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2015 3:44 PM

I can't believe all those terms existed. If they were actually ever in use, most have fallen out of usage.

The tied up blonde guy, damn, he should've converted many of the state legislators.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2015 4:05 PM

You wonder about the politicians who did the "research" for this thing

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2015 4:16 PM

My favorite bit of slang.

"71: intercourse by anus".

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2015 5:40 PM

It's like an autobiography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2015 6:17 PM

Did a young Charlie Crist read this?

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2015 12:28 AM

I wonder how many of the Florida legislators had nice wanks while reading the pamphlet.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2015 4:26 AM

"I wonder how many of the Florida legislators had nice wanks while reading the pamphlet."

All Florida politicians are straight, silly!

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2015 4:19 PM

I hit my stride about 10 years after this was printed,and Im here to tell you that the attitudes that inspired this publication were VERY much still active. It wasn't easy being a gay teen in florida until well into the 80s. I went to jail several times just for the crime of being gay. I had a cop handcuff me,punch me in the face while I was handcuffed and drag me across the greyhound terminal,bleeding profusely from a cut on my eye, all because some toad said I had propositioned him. I was WITH a hot trick on the way home and I had to pee as we'd been drinking. I never even looked that old fat fucks way. But its Jax fla,circa 1980 so off to jail I went. One time a group of us were walking home from the bar and a truck full of rednecks began to harass us and throw beer bottles at us. The cops roll up,the rednecks tell the cops we had came on to them,and off me and 4 friends go to jail. It STILL isn't easy to be gay in florida,but its MUCH easier than 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2015 2:03 AM

I wonder whose job it was to put this together.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 4:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!